Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Young says he doesn't think the FBI will stay involved in the case since Hailey wasn't taken out of state or across the border."

http://www.newswest9.com/story/2209...ken-grief-stricken-after-fridays-announcement

I find this statement telling.
How does he know?
If some random person took her she could have been
taken out of state and returned weeks later right?

I hope an arrest comes soon!

In this video, Billie's attorney is saying that "Going forward, Young says Billie will cooperate with law enforcement in any way that she can."

OK..."going forward" ?

It is bittersweet to see so many friends from the Hailey Dunn forum....I have missed you all and so sad to have to put RIP for this precious child whose life was TAKEN from her...may any and all who had a hand in this be punished severely:banghead:

I have missed you guys!

:bump:

For those who may have missed this on Page 1 -

Specifically, Billie Dunn's daughters' remains have just been identified. She is the mother of a deceased daughter. She has never been named a POI or suspect. She is to be treated as we would any victim's family.

The only thing we KNOW she may be guilty of is poor judgement, naivety and being gullible. She is to be given the benefit of the doubt. She has just been told her daughter is dead...Come on, folks.

Don't even think about going there with any bashing. It will result in swift TOs.

In addition, the facebook is off limits. When/or if that changes we will let you know.

Thanks,

Salem

I suppose its to early yet to know when the remains will be released and funeral arrangements can be made?

If Billie truly had no knowledge of what happened to Hailey, and SA is guilty, she wouldn't be the first, or last, woman to bring a dangerous man into her child's life. That guilt alone will likely stay with her always.

Parents always are so careful about who their child can even speak to, or smile at, yet too often move in a partner without nearly as much thought.

If Billie truly had no knowledge of what happened to Hailey, and SA is guilty, she wouldn't be the first, or last, woman to bring a dangerous man into her child's life. That guilt alone will likely stay with her always.

Parents always are so careful about who their child can even speak to, or smile at, yet too often move in a partner without nearly as much thought.

Well said.People make bad judgement calls when they are in love and dismiss the red flags along the way or rationalize it. But not many of them go ahead and stay with that person and publicly defend them after a child goes missing and that person is named the POI. This is the part that's hard to understand.

I suppose its to early yet to know when the remains will be released and funeral arrangements can be made?

I wouldn't think that it takes much time now to release the remains. It's been a month or so since her remains were found and they have had time to do whichever tests they want done..

Young believes the investigation will involve Shawn Adkins, the former live-in boyfriend of Billie Jean Dunn, and the only named suspect in the case. The remains were found 22 miles west of the community of Dunn, where Adkins lived with his grandmother, just after Hailey’s disappearance.

“I’m not suggesting he’s guilty of anything but based on my experience, I would not be surprised if he is the focus (of the investigation),” Young said.

Young said he spoke to the man who made the discovery in March and said some identifiable clothing may have helped investigators confirm that the remains were those of the missing teen.

http://www.oaoa.com/news/crime_just...cle_95e27b46-aedd-11e2-bdd4-0019bb30f31a.html

LE did not feel the need to reveal any of this information at the press conference. I have to ask myself why this Attorney, who surely understands how an investigation is conducted, says this? IMO, he is clearly suggesting Shawn is guilty.

Where's that bus smiley?

Shawn comes off very credible in recent interviews. He talks a lot about his lawyer's advice etc. and has seemed to be taking such.

I still have questions about sex offenders nearby. My biggest problem with this whole case is how unguarded/protected Hailey was by those closest to her. I am of the school of victims being the opportunity in their comings and goings. Meaning she could take off and those closest to her took for granted she would be safe. In the meantime-opportunists/predators were constantly watching.

I wonder what the demographics of S/O's in the area show now-who has moved-etc.

Just throwing it all out there.

So happy that Hailey has been found! I had given up hope of them releasing the ID of those remains anytime soon. Now....JUSTICE!!!!

I was working in the yard, planting flowers and just started sobbing.. for Hailey, Somer, Jessica, Caylee, babies that are buried in back yards.. you all know the stories, the horror these and so many others endure on this earth. Children that are discarded like trash, some by strangers, some by those who were suppose to protect them.

I do not only sob for all of them, but all of you. All of you who pray and continue to hope for justice. I just don't see it though. Justice has become something of an illusion to me. Even when they are caught and found guilty. There is not enough pain in prison to provide any justice imo. And so many just walk free to do destroy again and again. I could provide links, but I am speaking to you ws'ers who have been here for the long haul, over and over. You know these cases better than some LE attached to them.

In Somer's case, LE was focused on one individual. I know they had tunnel vision. They were determined to find the evidence to prosecute him. There was just enough weirdness and suspicion around this person to make it possible. Turned out he is just strange, and good hearted and a good neighbor who likes Gin.

I have no doubt in my mind that the monster JH would have never been found if not for his past roommates who knew him and never gave up trying to convince LE to LOOK at HIM!

The horror that Somer's family lived through, not just from her murder, but the way they were scrutinized, vilified, and picked apart is something I will never forget.. especially my own part in it. Its something that they all still live with today, long after Jarred Harrell took his plea bargain.

Thank you WS for your rules that I once thought were too harsh on this subject of not bashing the victims family. My heart goes out to Clint and Connie and Billie and David.

I hope whoever did this is caught so they can't do it again. I keep faith that justice is served when we leave this earth. And until then, I imagine all these angels welcoming each other home. Dancing, cheering, and shining above. And I am thankful for all of you that give me hope in humankind through each of these tragedies.

Its good to "see" all of you.

:grouphug:

I have always thought that something of value was found in that dump where the dogs hit. I really want to think that LE has been collecting evidence and taking their time building a case and hoping the remains would be discovered.

In this video, Billie's attorney is saying that "Going forward, Young says Billie will cooperate with law enforcement in any way that she can."

OK..."going forward" ?

Well if you think back, she was arrested for lying to LE about Shawn being in her home that day they had the search warrant for his "person". She walked out of a LDT. That doesn't exactly feel like cooperation.

Now that she is not with him, it's a different story. Whatever the truth is, needs to be told. I look forward to seeing what LE's next step will be.

ATTENTION PLEASE!

We have three new threads you guys need to read!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=435"]Hailey Dunn - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]<--click there

Thank you! :blowkiss:

Billie is clearly conflicted and has been since day one. Someone snatched this child and killed her and tried to hide her. Last one to see her alive?
SA admitted-however; the last one to see her alive is her killer and that needs to be established and proven. Someone who knew the back roads and/or had the time and opportunity to do that. It does seem that SA is a good person of interest.
She had to get there (where she was found) somehow-dead or alive.
Cell phone pings and timelines tell a lot. But if she got in a car with a neighbor or friend of family............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required