Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC from that time, she claimed other people had as well, but didn't say who they were.

I do believe it was in an article that Billy's brother failed as well. Actually, it was DD that was quoted as saying that.

Ahhh:
delete at will Mods

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-iJcn37L6U"]Starry Night Chris August lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Hi All. What a sad time. Poor Hailey, I always hoped that by some miracle that she would be found alive :( Now it's time for someone to pay.

Thank you for all the links people have posted relating to old interviews, maps etc. I'm familiar with most of the details, it's been such a long time, so am going to have a catch up.

RIP Hailey xx

SA doesnt have any history of violence AFAIK.

You can read a book about polygraph reliabilty here. There are lots of things which could result in a false positive (and false negatives), which is why it is not admissable as evidence in court with consent from both parties.

Above BBM

From Nancy Grace transcripts (Aired January 19, 2011 - 20:00:00 ET)

The following transcript is from a February 2010, 911 call made by BD:

BILLIE DUNN, HAILEY`S MOTHER: I really need to file a report on somebody, and I don`t have a car to get down there.

911 OPERATOR: What exactly happened?

BILLIE DUNN: I broke up with this guy a couple of days ago [referring to her break-up with SA on Valentine's Day 2010], and he`s a little MHMR (ph). And he`s telling me that he`s going to kill me and my ex-husband and that it`s going to be remembered for a long time. And he keeps on texting me and texting me. And I`ve texted back just to try to calm him down a little, but he said it`s going to happen.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

IMO, SA DOES have a history of violence. As far as I'm concerned, threatening to kill someone is violence, irrelevant of whether or not SA (for whatever reason) was charged/prosecuted.

Katy you are right on target. Loved your post above.......I did not realize or snap to that it was during Christmas break that she disappeared.

Add it all up..........

Keep up the sleuthing, the surveillance, the vigilance, the relentless digging and help for justice.
I absolutely agree with you abt a possible SO, I dug really deep into that way back when. Not one but two had an association with a woman that was living in one of those rental places right across from the Dunn home. Its been so long now I can't even remember the names, but the possibility is there.

My question was about food in the home. Was there enough food or evidence of Hailey having breakfast or making herself lunch that day. S picked up B from work and they travelled around other places til fairly late. No mention back then of getting home to get Hailey dinner and B didn't even know at first that H supposedly went to a sleepover.

Real time evidence is going to seal this case. Real time going back to the beginning that is.
Timeline is so important. All the maps and statements will help tremendously. That is how important Websleuth's database has become.
All online utterances will become scrutinized.
The recent Boston bomber case has shown how social media now has become important potential evidence.

Above BBM

BILLIE DUNN, HAILEY`S MOTHER: I really need to file a report on somebody, and I don`t have a car to get down there.

BILLIE DUNN: I broke up with this guy a couple of days ago [referring to her break-up with SA on Valentine's Day 2010], and he`s a little MHMR (ph). And he`s telling me that he`s going to kill me and my ex-husband and that it`s going to be remembered for a long time. And he keeps on texting me and texting me. And I`ve texted back just to try to calm him down a little, but he said it`s going to happen.

IMO, SA DOES have a history of violence. As far as I'm concerned, threatening to kill someone is violence, irrelevant of whether or not SA (for whatever reason) was charged/prosecuted.

Looks like SA kept his promise after-all:
"And he`s telling me that he`s going to kill me and my ex-husband and that it`s going to be remembered for a long time."

My question was about food in the home. Was there enough food or evidence of Hailey having breakfast or making herself lunch that day. S picked up B from work and they travelled around other places til fairly late. No mention back then of getting home to get Hailey dinner and B didn't even know at first that H supposedly went to a sleepover.

I always wondered about the same things. Wouldn't Billie have called her own cell at some point from work, to check in on her child that was home alone?

And you are right. AT FIRST, Billie said that Shawn did not tell her about Hailey going to the sleepover until they got home that evening. But later, Shawn said that he told Billie on the phone when he called her at work before he picked her up.

Which is weird too. Because Billie had said that Hailey was not supposed to go anywhere without her permission. So why didn't she call MB's or Clints and have Hailey come back home?

I read the bones were "scattered" Does not sound like a burial site IMO, but if the lake was there two years ago and has since dried up she "could" have been placed in the water... (however I think she would have surfaced within a few months so...I am not sure)
jmo

I would think someone would place the body in water if they were that close to the lake. OTOH, the surfacing is a problem.

I thought of a possible scenario that might make sense. First, didn't all y'all say that it was very hard to dig out there when the perp would have had to have done it if a burial? Or am I confusing cases?

If the old lake-bed by the lake had marshier areas as it dried up, somebody could bury a body in the marshier parts on the edge of the lake. Then the body wouldn't surface, if we're talking mud, and yet the smell and decomp assistance by nature is similar to being in a lake. And you could certainly dig that mud even in a severe drought.

If buried on the already-drying edge, then there is also a greater chance that that part dried up over the past two years.

RIP, Hailey. I had a feeling that she has been long gone, and I think a soul flies and one can rest in peace no matter how the body is, but I'm so glad they found her remains for Clint and her loved ones, and for the investigation.

From your link, Frostess (TY BTW):

The potential items of evidence removed for the Chevy Lumina that spark my interest are:

2 Rolls of black electrical tape.

If black electrical tape was found on or near Hailey's skeletal remains, and if that tape (assuming any tape was found on or near Hailey's remains) can be matched to the rolls found in the trunk of the Chevy Lumina, then that potential evidence can be connected to either SA and/or anyone else who shall remain unnamed @ this point who had access to the Chevy Lumina.

There are YouTube videos that show Shawn is into violence and horror movies so I believe he's into it. JMO

Watching horror movies doesn't mean you are into violence.

One of my favorite computer games involves riding around in a tank shooting things. But I have never owned or used a gun, and I have never struck anyone in my life. Does that make me a violent person?

Most people who frequent WS have an obsession with violent crime, does that mean they themselves are violent? It is a hobby, that is all. Why should his hobby be evidence of sociopathic behaviour, but yours not?

Evidence of violence would be arrests for disorderly conduct, domestic abuse, criminal acts etc, friends and people who know him recounting violent behaviour.

But with SA there is allmost nothing like that.

From your link, Frostess (TY BTW):

The potential items of evidence removed for the Chevy Lumina that spark my interest are:

2 Rolls of black electrical tape.

If black electrical tape was found on or near Hailey's skeletal remains, and if that tape (assuming any tape was found on or near Hailey's remains) can be matched to the rolls found in the trunk of the Chevy Lumina, then that potential evidence can be connected to either SA and/or anyone else who shall remain unnamed @ this point who had access to the Chevy Lumina.

Ain't gonna happen........imo.......not the perp's first rodeo in this case.......or very studied premeditated murder. LE needs to be checking surrounding counties and missing persons.

Above BBM

People who are violent behave violently in general. Those who know them would not be confused about it at all, so there would be a long trail of stories about that. But in this case there are allmost none.

As for what BD said, there are two points:

1) it was BD saying this, there was no corroboration. And we all know how she gets things wrong/exaggerated to fit the circumstances.
2) People often say beligerant things in the heat of the moment, but what matters is how often they say it and how often they carry through with it.

People who are violent behave violently in general. Those who know them would not be confused about it at all, so there would be a long trail of stories about that. But in this case there are allmost none. (BBM)

1) it was BD saying this, there was no corroboration. And we all know how she gets things wrong/exaggerated to fit the circumstances.
2) People often say beligerant things in the heat of the moment, but what matters is how often they say it and how often they carry through with it.

I respectfully disagree with you here. Oftentimes, domestic violence and other such related behavior is only known to the victims who experience it. I myself was exposed to such violent behavior as a young child when my mother remarried. The SOB could be the nicest, most charming person you could ever meet. Yet, he was actually one of the most manipulative, violent, and disturbed individual's I have ever known in my 42 years.

Another case:
My maternal cousin and her three children were murdered by husband and father in 2001. He did not have ANY history of violent behavior known to my family, his family, friends, etc. Just sayin'.

People who are violent behave violently in general. Those who know them would not be confused about it at all, so there would be a long trail of stories about that. But in this case there are allmost none.

I have no idea if Shawn is violent or not but violent crime goes unreported often enough that the absence of an arrest record or stories in the news doesn't really prove absence of any violent tendencies to me. If it's domestic the victims and witnesses may have their reasons to protect the perp. Sometimes the people who know about violent incidents don't talk to the press because they don't want their names associated with a train wreck or because the truth doesn't make them look good either.

Anyway, sometimes even previously nonviolent people do something for the first time.

But it's largely irrelevant to me anyway. They can't convict or acquit anybody of Hailey's murder on the basis of the things they did or didn't do to some other people at some other time. It'll have to be evidence of hurting Hailey and if they have that, having done it once is quite enough.

Watching horror movies doesn't mean you are into violence.

One of my favorite computer games involves riding around in a tank shooting things. But I have never owned or used a gun, and I have never struck anyone in my life. Does that make me a violent person?

Most people who frequent WS have an obsession with violent crime, does that mean they themselves are violent? It is a hobby, that is all. Why should his hobby be evidence of sociopathic behaviour, but yours not?

Evidence of violence would be arrests for disorderly conduct, domestic abuse, criminal acts etc, friends and people who know him recounting violent behaviour.

But with SA there is allmost nothing like that.

Above BBM

I don't agree that most people who post/follow here have an "obsession with violent crime".

Of course I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'd venture to say that the majority of folks who post/follow here are good-hearted folks interested in advocating for victims of violent crime & are horrified at the details of the cases they follow.

I don't think SA is horrified by violent crime. I think he revels in it. Moreover, I think he revels in it so much so that he sought to be a significant player in it.

SA was a member of some website (I forget the name) where he bought masks fashioned after horror movie killers. In one of his posts, he asked the other members if they'd ever fantasized about going on a killing crime spree (paraphrasing). IIRC, he posed his question after it was known that Hailey was missing. I remember the other members of that website espressing contempt toward him in their replies to his question.

I don't think a psychologically healthy person daydreams about being a serial killer or a crime-spree murderer. IMO, I think SA is a demented, dangerous individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9