Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like SA kept his promise after-all:
"And he`s telling me that he`s going to kill me and my ex-husband and that it`s going to be remembered for a long time."

That sounds like a reference to those true crime stories the two of them liked to read, MOO.

Above BBM

I don't agree that most people who post/follow here have an "obsession with violent crime".

Of course I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'd venture to say that the majority of folks who post/follow here are good-hearted folks interested in advocating for victims of violent crime & are horrified at the details of the cases they follow.

I don't think SA is horrified by violent crime. I think he revels in it. Moreover, I think he revels in it so much so that he sought to be a significant player in it.

SA was a member of some website (I forget the name) where he bought masks fashioned after horror movie killers. In one of his posts, he asked the other members of that thread if they'd ever fantasized about going on a killing crime spree (paraphrasing). IIRC, he posed his question after it was known that Hailey was missing. I remember the other members of that website espressing contempt toward him in their replies to his question.

IMO, I don't think a psychologically healthy person daydreams about being a serial killer or a crime-spree murderer. IMO, I think SA is a demented, dangerous individual.

THANK YOU. When I read about these cases, or watch Murder Mysteries, I am commiserating with the victims and admiring those that are trying to solve the crimes and arrest the criminals.

Shawn seems to relate more to the killers themselves. He had a few custom made leather Serial Killer masks made to fit his own head, just so he could imagine being the killer himself. Who does that? That is creeper mode. Ultra Creepy, imo.

THANK YOU. When I read about these cases, or watch Murder Mysteries, I am commiserating with the victims and admiring those that are trying to solve the crimes and arrest the criminals.

Shawn seems to relate more to the killers themselves. He had a few custom made leather Serial Killer masks made to fit his own head, just so he could imagine being the killer himself. Who does that? That is creeper mode. Ultra Creepy, imo.

Totally creepy. I'm not surprised that Hailey was afraid of him.

I mean, someone could be the kindest, the most mild-mannered and the most charitable fluffy bunny I know but if I found out he has had a serial killer mask custom made I would probably be very uneasy.

Anyone can have a serial killer Halloween costume but having one custom made seems extreme.

Sad but promising news. RIP Hailey. :(

I am still catching up, so forgive me if this has been discussed:

Is it possible the delay in releasing the confirmation was in order to watch the POI and see if he would try to run? Obviously, whoever the perp is KNEW since March 16 that the remains were Hailey's. That person has likely been panicking since then.

40 days is a long time to wait to announce positive ID. It just seems there had to be another reason other than the time needed to test. Maybe they were able to observe some things that could help in making a case?

MOO

People who are violent behave violently in general. Those who know them would not be confused about it at all, so there would be a long trail of stories about that. But in this case there are allmost none.

As for what BD said, there are two points:

1) it was BD saying this, there was no corroboration. And we all know how she gets things wrong/exaggerated to fit the circumstances.
2) People often say beligerant things in the heat of the moment, but what matters is how often they say it and how often they carry through with it.

Above BBM

There's that pesky matter of SA admitting to LE his violent threats against BD & Hailey in 2010, which were included in one of the search warrant affidavits following Hailey's disappearance.

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/...ffidavit-search-vehicle/23318/#section_header

According to statements he gave to LE, Shawn Adkins admitted he threatened to kill BD & Hailey in 2010. Hopefully, those statements were videotaped.

Sunday, Dec. 26

"Hailey spent the night with her dad, Clint Dunn, on Christmas, so the morning of Dec. 26 was the last time he saw her
David Dunn, Hailey's brother, says Hailey is playing a video game at home at 9 p.m. Based on her skill level, he believes she'll be playing until midnight."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329087

Is this timeline correct?

Oohhhhhh! So NOW the thing Billie said about Hailey eating Christmas dinner "like a country girl" and then the following morning, Dec. 27, she saw her in her bed, make sense!

I haven't followed the case much since 2011, so that comment stuck out to me, but now I get it. They had their Christmas on Dec. 26.

Ain't gonna happen........imo.......not the perp's first rodeo in this case.......or very studied premeditated murder. LE needs to be checking surrounding counties and missing persons.

I'm from the surrounding area in a larger city. I can tell you there are no other missing girls except the one from Lubbock years ago. He would have been very young and not likely to pull it off without bragging about it.

I'm pretty sure I would have heard about a missing girl anywhere in the the area from Midland/Odessa east to DFW and Lubbock south to San Angelo.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rest in Paradise Hailey. I hope you can now rest in peace. *HUGS*

Just heard the news. Not a surprise, but still so saddening. Hopefully now they have enough evidence to put Billie and Shawn away.

Above BBM

From Nancy Grace transcripts (Aired January 19, 2011 - 20:00:00 ET)

The following transcript is from a February 2010, 911 call made by BD:

BILLIE DUNN, HAILEY`S MOTHER: I really need to file a report on somebody, and I don`t have a car to get down there.

911 OPERATOR: What exactly happened?

BILLIE DUNN: I broke up with this guy a couple of days ago [referring to her break-up with SA on Valentine's Day 2010], and he`s a little MHMR (ph). And he`s telling me that he`s going to kill me and my ex-husband and that it`s going to be remembered for a long time. And he keeps on texting me and texting me. And I`ve texted back just to try to calm him down a little, but he said it`s going to happen.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

IMO, SA DOES have a history of violence. As far as I'm concerned, threatening to kill someone is violence, irrelevant of whether or not SA (for whatever reason) was charged/prosecuted.
If someone I loved or was my bf threatened me or my family with death I sure as heck wouldn't take them back under any circumstances! Charges would have been laid and he'd have been out of my life (and children's) forever but that's NOT what happened in this case :( Cry wolf to many times and ya can get burned and poor Hailey in the end paid the price sadly :( .People need to be responsible when danger lurks and JMO this bf Shawn was a very bad seed :(

Thankfully Hailey has been located.
Now we need to see a big red "ARREST" beside her name on WS.

It seems this precious child's short life was not easy..... but she made the best of it. Whomever is responsible for killing her, must pay. If anyone covered for her killer, that person should pay too. A 14 year old girl robbed of a chance in this life deserves at least that.

Above BBM

I don't agree that most people who post/follow here have an "obsession with violent crime".

Of course I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'd venture to say that the majority of folks who post/follow here are good-hearted folks interested in advocating for victims of violent crime & are horrified at the details of the cases they follow.

I don't think SA is horrified by violent crime. I think he revels in it. Moreover, I think he revels in it so much so that he sought to be a significant player in it.

SA was a member of some website (I forget the name) where he bought masks fashioned after horror movie killers. In one of his posts, he asked the other members if they'd ever fantasized about going on a killing crime spree (paraphrasing). IIRC, he posed his question after it was known that Hailey was missing. I remember the other members of that website espressing contempt toward him in their replies to his question.

I don't think a psychologically healthy person daydreams about being a serial killer or a crime-spree murderer. IMO, I think SA is a demented, dangerous individual.

I agree with this post. He was def fascinated and obsessed with it.

Sad but promising news. RIP Hailey. :(

I am still catching up, so forgive me if this has been discussed:

Is it possible the delay in releasing the confirmation was in order to watch the POI and see if he would try to run? Obviously, whoever the perp is KNEW since March 16 that the remains were Hailey's. That person has likely been panicking since then.

40 days is a long time to wait to announce positive ID. It just seems there had to be another reason other than the time needed to test. Maybe they were able to observe some things that could help in making a case?

MOO

I personally spoke with a law enforcement person who admitted that the remains were id'd as Hailey "weeks ago". I don't know if all of LE in the area was informed or if only administrators and those working the case were informed.

( He did not tell me until after the media was informed.)

COLORADO CITY-Former Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer said he was not surprised that the remains found last month near Lake J.B. Thomas.

Kampfer said he was sure that officials investigated the area around where the body was found in the days following her disappearance.

"I know for a fact that we did comb that area," Kampfer said.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=44162

I personally spoke with a law enforcement person who admitted that the remains were id'd as Hailey "weeks ago". I don't know if all of LE in the area was informed or if only administrators and those working the case were informed.

( He did not tell me until after the media was informed.)

Thanks for that info, TGI.

Just firms up my inkling that they were watching certain persons......waiting for some action or just gathering some damning evidence.....

I sure hope.

COLORADO CITY-Former Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer said he was not surprised that the remains found last month near Lake J.B. Thomas.

Kampfer said he was sure that officials investigated the area around where the body was found in the days following her disappearance.

"I know for a fact that we did comb that area," Kampfer said.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=44162

TY for the link Knox! :)

Kampfer made little sense to me 2 years ago, and he still makes little sense to me now. I remember many of us who were following Hailey's disappearance from the beginning being frustrated by his statements.

He says he "was not surprised" and at the same time, he says he "knows for a fact that we did comb that area."

IMO, seeing as how Kampfer is a former CCity manager, he should refrain from saying anything at all, as I think his statements don't clarify anything, but only add to or create confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000