Defense claims judge had inappropriate convo with blogger?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
notthatsmart, I find I usually disagree with your opinion on at least 99% of your posts. And although I disagree with this one 100%, I have to give you credit for evaluating things the same way the defense team does. That, alone, gives your posts more interest. I will certainly be viewing them in a different light in the future.

This post, from a different thread, was what you posted two days before the motion was submitted to the court to disqualify the Honorable Judge Strickland:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Accident or Intentional; Evidence and Debate

and on page 10 it is listed as the first complaint in their Statement of Facts in their memo. I have to give credit where credit is due. You certainly saw this one coming!
Well now...isn't that interesting! It does seem like some have a crystal ball afterall. I do agree...it's always good to get two sides...I think most of us have weighed the evidence from very early on. I know I've bounced here and there with my thinking. Actually, I think we're a very openminded bunch.

PS- I'm kinda getting territorial here. I only want nice kids playing in my sandbox.

hmmm, who would know 2 days before the court filing that this motion would be coming? The defense? :waitasec:

No, that's not really what my post was meant to imply.

It is more an example of why it is good to have diverse opinions expressed and put open to debate. Those opinions, even though I disagree with them, give me an open window into what arguments the defense team may think are profitable.

If someone posts an opinion, it is thereby open to discussion. If they do not wish to discuss the opinion, then it would be logical NOT to post the opinion. This is reasonable, yes? For myself, I do not ever attack another poster, even when I disagree with them. BUT I do often disagree, as is my right, and am standing at the ready to back up many if not most of my arguments with facts or evidence...otherwise post as "theory"...There is an old saying, If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I think it applies in so many cases. If those who hold minority opinions, for whatever reason, feel they should be able to post those opinions without anyone disagreeing? Well, that is just not going to happen. We ARE all entitled to our opinions, and we ARE all entitled not to agree with someone elses opinions. There IS a civilized way to do this, and I think for the most part, we are civilized here. Ocassionally...yes, it gets out of hand...and in THOSE cases? That is what the alert button is for. :) BUT to expect to post without any opposing opinions? That is not a reasonable expectation, especially when one is posting in the minority position. That said, I hardly ever agree with some of our posters, but do not feel the need to "attack" them, BUT I do often and vehemently attack their POSTS...as is the right of each and every one of us here. :)
ITA...and that's what playing nice is all about. You're right...ya gotta be prepared to back up stuff and be open to dialogue. Otherwise it just hurts the flow of the thread.

Sorry...OT

I will have to respectfully disagree. I have been through the Kc lie threads in this forum. When you say she lied about Zenaida, that is your opinion. When you say she lied to Le, that is your opinion. One lie that I know of that is not of opinion is that she did not work there, but she had a valid excuse to get them out there to look at tapes. I am not going to sit here and argue about whether Kc lied or not.

It is my opinion that no Judge should ever make comment like that. They are better off without him. He is very unfair despite what all the majority side thinks here. The next Judge could only better, but not possibly worse.

I do not believe he will step down though. This decision will be like the rest. Motion denied. IMO

So let me see- what you are saying is that when KC told Police she had lied, she was lying ( about lying). hmmm

So let me see- what you are saying is that when KC told Police she had lied, she was lying ( about lying). hmmm
YES...that's it exactly...cause lil 'ole Casey was so fragile and the boys just bullied her so that she had no choice but to lie about lying! I've watched those tapes...Casey never looked afraid to me.

Looking back over this thread the theme is unfairness. One point of view is the judge is unfair and needs to remove himself. A majority seems to feel the judge is the one who is unfairly being attacked. Some feel defense just is not doing their job. Other's feel defense has been treated unfairly. Some feel LE did not do their job. Other's feel they did a remarkable job. Again, other's feel the judge is unfair to KC. Yet KC herself has claimed in her letters she feels the judge is looking out for her (re: chains in court, street clothes in court) things her own attorneys apparently overlooked. Fraud trial done fairly and by the great big smile and utterance of "I'm excited" while in court KC apparently was happy with the judges decision. So now the judge is not making the princess happy. All this because KC did not want to be a mom and took steps to remove the child from her life whether you feel there was a nanny or not. After 31 days she never attempted to get her child. Her reasons for not doing so is why she is in court.

If I were in trouble with the law....I would want JSS for my judge. I would take him in a heartbeat because he presents to the public the way we want our justice system to work. He is indeed fair. Just because KC's whinning he's unfair does not make it so. Afterall, it could be just another lie. JMO

It is more an example of why it is good to have diverse opinions expressed and put open to debate. Those opinions, even though I disagree with them, give me an open window into what arguments the defense team may think are profitable.
EU...I agree...but it tends to be a hit and run.

...and it won't be the last time they do it either. Now they'll be able to discuss all the posts that have been generated...we'll see copies somewhere, I'm sure. Truly, they obviously don't have ANYTHING else. They haven't done ANYTHING else to move this case forward. But what's becoming more and more apparent with the passage of time is that they could care less about justice for Caylee. I mean at least give it a go and come up with a plausible theory of who else did this. Why aren't the PIs searching high and low for the REAL perp? Why are they eating taxpayer dollars interviewing Marinade Dave? So what, another judge will be seated and he'll get to look at those ridiculous motions and rule similarly? What's the outcome through all this? They've emphasized Casey's guilt with a big huge explanation point!!! They're just plain sleazy IMHO.

PS- and I guess they wanted us to stop discussing the letters...not to worry JB...the public has a longggggggg memory!

BBM-Wonder why they would choose to review the comments listed on MD's page, but have been very selective about the ones they select from this site? I contend they don't even want to go there with WS, because the more often they mention this site, the more viewers come onboard, the more real, linked supported fact and opinion about KC's actions will be exposed.

That's not a slam on Dave's site, it's just that we have moderation here that has better streamlined and focused what kind of information we disseminate. And a lot of that information has not shed their client in a good light-Then, who's to say that Dave's site won't promote more thought in the jury pool against Casey? Maybe that's a gamble on their part, sending more viewers to any of these sites. Now that jury pool can see Dave's comments and ours in real context, might not have been a smart move on CM's part.

Looking back over this thread the theme is unfairness. One point of view is the judge is unfair and needs to remove himself. A majority seems to feel the judge is the one who is unfairly being attacked. Some feel defense just is not doing their job. Other's feel defense has been treated unfairly. Some feel LE did not do their job. Other's feel they did a remarkable job. Again, other's feel the judge is unfair to KC. Yet KC herself has claimed in her letters she feels the judge is looking out for her (re: chains in court, street clothes in court) things her own attorneys apparently overlooked. Fraud trial done fairly and by the great big smile and utterance of "I'm excited" while in court KC apparently was happy with the judges decision. So now the judge is not making the princess happy. All this because KC did not want to be a mom and took steps to remove the child from her life whether you feel there was a nanny or not. After 31 days she never attempted to get her child. Her reasons for not doing so is why she is in court.

If I were in trouble with the law....I would want JSS for my judge. I would take him in a heartbeat because he presents to the public the way we want our justice system to work. He is indeed fair. Just because KC's whinning he's unfair does not make it so. Afterall, it could be just another lie. JMO

Nice summary.

I wonder what judicial 'fairness' for the naysayers looks like.

Just to add to this, KC will have a JURY trial not a beach trial as she did with the fraud charges. The jury will judge her, not the judge. Whether it will continue to be Judge Strickland or another, I personally believe the end result will be the same ..........
...and to add if she gets a "beach trial"...I want one, too!

oxoxox

Just trying to lighten up the mood.

Nice summary.

I wonder what judicial 'fairness' for the naysayers looks like.

You know I don't know for sure. I know of personally of people who have a very negative outlook on our judicial system as a whole because they are carrying around a lot of baggage. Bags they packed themselves, I might add. JMO

BBM-Wonder why they would choose to review the comments listed on MD's page, but have been very selective about the ones they select from this site? I contend they don't even want to go there with WS, because the more often they mention this site, the more viewers come onboard, the more real, linked supported fact and opinion about KC's actions will be exposed.

That's not a slam on Dave's site, it's just that we have moderation here that has better streamlined and focused what kind of information we disseminate. And a lot of that information has not shed their client in a good light-Then, who's to say that Dave's site won't promote more thought in the jury pool against Casey? Maybe that's a gamble on their part, sending more viewers to any of these sites. Now that jury pool can see Dave's comments and ours in real context, might not have been a smart move on CM's part.
That's what I'm saying...it all puts the defense in a very bad light. Look, I understand lawyers like to get nasty...but usually they save it for court (and ya can tell when JB is going to deliver one of his zingers...he stutters trying to get 'em out). I can understand the defense taking on the media outside of court, but sorry, I don't consider MD the media. He's just a guy who has no bearing on this case and definitely NO bearing on what takes place in the courtroom.

Are the defense using the word 'courtship' deliberately, trying to allude to more than an improper conversation between the two men?

How low can they go?

I'm sure they'll go even lower before there is an end to this case, in which KC will be convicted, regardless of which judge presides, since it's the jury that will find her guilty.

JMO.

Maybe that's in response to Casey's "courtship" of Robyn Adams in those jail letters? She can't be the only one trying to seduce someone, so Judge Strickland must be guilty of it too!

Seems to me this motion is supposed to make those letters look better. Like, yeah, she did that, but other people have too! So playground logic there. Baez needs to stop going elementary school here. That's not the same as old school, lol.

Guess I should have read the post you linked ... I thought it was someone with inside info ... now I get it ... :blushing:

I have seen no improprieties from the bench throughout the many hearings JS has presided over. The esteemed judge has bent over backwards to make sure there is no room for genuine appeals. I do believe that if JS were to step down at this point it could further delay justice for Caylee. But if he does, I feel it will be a good thing for the State aside from the delay. IMO he has been overly patient with the defense and all of their posturing. Hopefully a new judge will put a halt to the shenanigans. Too many concessions have been made to the defense, the biggest of which was the matter of the gag order. This case could have been reined in and manageable had it not been for allowing all the inflammatory publicity. Of course then Baez would not have been able to cry from the roof tops how his innocent client couldn’t get a fair trial (but this case didn’t really need that anyway). Nor could he have raked in those big squandered dollars either. There should have been a gag order on this case when the issue first came up. If that had happened, we would have a guilty verdict by now. Hopefully JS’s replacement will immediately institute the gag order and rule his courtroom with a heavier hand. It would also be nice to see more proper courtroom decorum instituted as well. Banish the gum chewers and cell phone users and make it clear that the attorneys ask permission before they approach the bench…..After almost two years I know if I were in his shoes I would want out of this circus. This could be his chance to free himself of the nonsense and hype associated with KC, her family, her horde of attorneys and all the nuts and grifters that continually crawl out the woodwork. In this case JS has done his time and earned his freedom. Baez just gave him a way to bow out………

Maybe that's in response to Casey's "courtship" of Robyn Adams in those jail letters? She can't be the only one trying to seduce someone, so Judge Strickland must be guilty of it too!

Seems to me this motion is supposed to make those letters look better. Like, yeah, she did that, but other people have too! So playground logic there. Baez needs to stop going elementary school here. That's not the same as old school, lol.
It's so trivial. It's their job to give their client a good defense...I get it...but they just need to do it without making themselves look so bad.

I have seen no improprieties from the bench throughout the many hearings JS has presided over. The esteemed judge has bent over backwards to make sure there is no room for genuine appeals. I do believe that if JS were to step down at this point it could further delay justice for Caylee. But if he does, I feel it will be a good thing for the State aside from the delay. IMO he has been overly patient with the defense and all of their posturing. Hopefully a new judge will put a halt to the shenanigans. Too many concessions have been made to the defense, the biggest of which was the matter of the gag order. This case could have been reined in and manageable had it not been for allowing all the inflammatory publicity. Of course then Baez would not have been able to cry from the roof tops how his innocent client couldn’t get a fair trial (but this case didn’t really need that anyway). Nor could he have raked in those big squandered dollars either. There should have been a gag order on this case when the issue first came up. If that had happened, we would have a guilty verdict by now. Hopefully JS’s replacement will immediately institute the gag order and rule his courtroom with a heavier hand. It would also be nice to see more proper courtroom decorum instituted as well. Banish the gum chewers and cell phone users and make it clear that the attorneys ask permission before they approach the bench…..After almost two years I know if I were in his shoes I would want out of this circus. This could be his chance to free himself of the nonsense and hype associated with KC, her family, her horde of attorneys and all the nuts and grifters that continually crawl out the woodwork. In this case JS has done his time and earned his freedom. Baez just gave him a way to bow out………

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We are on the same wavelength, Wishbone. I was just revisiting the issue of the proposed gag order.

Suddenly, it hit me like a cold shower - IMHO, THIS is by far the best shot of any possible chance for an appeal. It could easily be argued (and I hate to say it, but it has merits) that JB was acting in his own best interest and that of CA & GA by fighting the gag order so they could collect $$$$. How else was he going to get paid? I really don't see how fighting that gag order could be viewed as being in the best interest of Casey Anthony.

I've never thought the 'ineffective counsel' argument had legs, but this was before Andrea Lyons et al.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We are on the same wavelength, Wishbone. I was just revisiting the issue of the proposed gag order.

Suddenly, it hit me like a cold shower - IMHO, THIS is by far the best shot of any possible chance for an appeal. It could easily be argued (and I hate to say it, but it has merits) that JB was acting in his own best interest and that of CA & GA by fighting the gag order so they could collect $$$$. How else was he going to get paid? I really don't see how fighting that gag order could be viewed as being in the best interest of Casey Anthony.

I've never thought the 'ineffective counsel' argument had legs, but this was before Andrea Lyons et al.

Problem is, they will whine every time they don't get their way and when they do it causes a panic wave of OOH, that could be grounds for appeal... I think by now it's obvious they are going to appeal anyway, so why be held hostage to their demands just in case they find a nanomole of evidence they deem unfair, Let them appeal, the outcome will be the same, because the truth for Caylee will prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx