Defense Motion to Release CWW's Grand Jury Testimony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let us refer back to the AFFIDAVIT for a moment - page 59 (last sentence) continuing to page 60..."Furthermore, it should be reiterated that Wright intentionally left his phone home and his wife, Angela Wright made a call to Rodger's device knowing Rodger's made the trip to Florida with Wright." Remember, AW stated to her mother and others that Wayne made the trip alone to work on MS computers. However, from the affidavit she clearly knew otherwise. It's also possible that was part of the plan for AW to place the call from CW's phone to JR's phone so if ever traced it would appear CW was in Missouri and JR was in Florida. Just some food for thought.

IIRC, didn't AW talk with CWW that weekend through her work phone? Nicolette's (?)

IIRC, didn't AW talk with CWW that weekend through her work phone? Nicolette's (?)

AW told the police that CW called her work phone (1 time) to talk with her during those three days. Also the police did pull the phone records for Nicolettes but it's never been made clear whether the call did in fact take place.

IMO, the LE know all about AW' involvement, either, before/during/after, and have decided not to charge her for some reason? SMS gave the impression that there'd be no other arrests,IIRC. Once again MS' defense team are just making a fool of them selfs, and it will backfire. Their motion to release CWW' sworn statement isn't sealed, like the child custody testimony from CWW was.

IMO, the LE know all about AW' involvement, either, before/during/after, and have decided not to charge her for some reason? SMS gave the impression that there'd be no other arrests,IIRC. Once again MS' defense team are just making a fool of them selfs, and it will backfire. Their motion to release CWW' sworn statement isn't sealed, like the child custody testimony from CWW was.

I agree with you. It's also possible the defense team is wanting to make CW squirm for testifying against MS by pulling out bits of info to make him uncomfortable...even if the info released was covered in a plea deal.

Let us refer back to the AFFIDAVIT for a moment - page 59 (last sentence) continuing to page 60..."Furthermore, it should be reiterated that Wright intentionally left his phone home and his wife, Angela Wright made a call to Rodger's device knowing Rodger's made the trip to Florida with Wright." Remember, AW stated to her mother and others that Wayne made the trip alone to work on MS computers. However, from the affidavit she clearly knew otherwise. It's also possible that was part of the plan for AW to place the call from CW's phone to JR's phone so if ever traced it would appear CW was in Missouri and JR was in Florida. Just some food for thought.
SERIOUSLY...You are SERIOUSLY A GENIUS!! :takeabow: :blowkiss: :takeabow: So true, she did say he went ALONE. I guess she should get some kind of award for changing her story 4 times, so far (if I have counted correctly) and I wonder if she used CWW's phone (to make it appear he was in Missouri & establishing an alibi for him), her personal phone, the burner phone and her employer's phone to also complete the deception??
Sometimes it helps to go back and watch video....the lies told to the pastor and all the neighbors who were going to sign affidavits, too.
[video=youtube;J9cY-eM3StU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9cY-eM3StU[/video]

I'm sorry for the terrible things that have happened to AW in her life but I'm even more sorry for her children and grandchildren. After losing a child to a violent predator I would think you would overprotect yourself and your remaining children- not involve yourself (and them) with a criminal(s) or worse.

I couldn't imagine hooking up with someone with his sexual proclivities, as must have been known to pretty much everyone in that small town who cared to listen and I certainly wouldn't allow a small child to sleep in my bed with him if I did! It goes against all the natural fears and suspicions someone would have after what happened to her baby girl.

I didn't trust her then and I don't trust her now and I'm sorry to Mikeinmo- you seem like a really nice man with a level head. How many more people will be harmed or taken advantage of by this crew or worse- end up like RB or Teresa? When will people stop making excuses and hold their feet to the fire? She LIED to LE, knowingly and smugly- that's damn low in my book.

Lots of people have terrible lives and terrible things happen that don't go on to support the perpetration of others. Quite frankly- I don't want to hear it.

SERIOUSLY...You are SERIOUSLY A GENIUS!! :takeabow: :blowkiss: :takeabow: So true, she did say he went ALONE. I guess she should get some kind of award for changing her story 4 times, so far (if I have counted correctly) and I wonder if she used CWW's phone (to make it appear he was in Missouri & establishing an alibi for him), her personal phone, the burner phone and her employer's phone to also complete the deception??
Sometimes it helps to go back and watch video....the lies told to the pastor and all the neighbors who were going to sign affidavits, too.
[video=youtube;J9cY-eM3StU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9cY-eM3StU[/video]

Thanks:) And thanks for posting the video, too....it's all very interesting. You are right, he had many people that agreed to sign those affidavits and I bet they're glad they didn't!

I'm sorry for the terrible things that have happened to AW in her life but I'm even more sorry for her children and grandchildren. After losing a child to a violent predator I would think you would overprotect yourself and your remaining children- not involve yourself (and them) with a criminal(s) or worse.

I couldn't imagine hooking up with someone with his sexual proclivities, as must have been known to pretty much everyone in that small town who cared to listen and I certainly wouldn't allow a small child to sleep in my bed with him if I did! It goes against all the natural fears and suspicions someone would have after what happened to her baby girl.

I didn't trust her then and I don't trust her now and I'm sorry to Mikeinmo- you seem like a really nice man with a level head. How many more people will be harmed or taken advantage of by this crew or worse- end up like RB or Teresa? When will people stop making excuses and hold their feet to the fire? She LIED to LE, knowingly and smugly- that's damn low in my book.

Lots of people have terrible lives and terrible things happen that don't go on to support the perpetration of others. Quite frankly- I don't want to hear it.

I just can't figure out why she hasn't divorced him. I looked at the Missouri court cases, and nothing has been filed. Could the reason be the whole "spousal privilege" thing? Spousal privilege can only be used if the parties are still currently married. Privilege goes out the window after divorce, and the former spouse can speak of anything that went on in the marriage. If she did not have knowledge before that he had the capacity to commit such a brutal murder, she does now, by his own admission. Is this a legal tactic to protect herself b/c of the false statements she had previously given LE?

... It's also possible that was part of the plan for AW to place the call from CW's phone to JR's phone so if ever traced it would appear CW was in Missouri and JR was in Florida. Just some food for thought.

But if your theory is true, then, this would mean that CWW was poised to throw his 2nd BFF, JR, under the bus ! :crazy: 'Poor' JR trusted (CWW) & was duped ! If I was JR I'd be really ticked off right now, cuz' JR is facing for sure (IMO) life behind bars & CWW is gonna wind up freed one day!

I just can't figure out why she hasn't divorced him....

Respectfully, please explain why you think she WOULD divorce CWW right now !!

I imagine AW is spending a lot of her time each day sitting cross legged doing zen meditation & kundalini yoga, stuff like that (in other words, bet she's one stressed-out person !!).

Seriously, as other posters here have said, it is a terrible tragedy.

And, a note, and I say this respectfully not nastily: My gut sense is that AW is one of those sorts of people who rarely utters the plain and simple truth on any subject.

Here's my theory on CWW's wife AW and Taylor, girlfriend to JR. Both women believed their men were going to Florida to steal antiques, and thus why CWW had a brand new shed. The girls were complicit in a would-be antique heist, but not a murder. When LE came knocking the second time, JR's girlfriend was smart enough to figure out that she couldn't be convicted of something that never happened (the robbery) and that's why she spilled the beans on JR after he admitted he killed TS. AW to me doesn't appear very bright, and why she was so uncooperative with police. She is also very close to her mother who knew all of their business and that's why unbeknownst to CWW, she felt compelled to explain CWW's upcoming absence by saying he was going to Florida to work on the Siever's computers. If she'd known about the murder ahead of time she never would have given her mother any connection that he was going to Florida at all. AW probably did have a burner phone, but it was because she really believed her husband was stealing antiques. If Taylor did have one, JR destroyed it when he destroyed his. LE is accepting Taylor's version that she didn't know about the antique heist, probably because without her their case would have fallen apart.

I think she's not divorced him because he gets a monthly disability check from his shoulder injury.

I too am very sad for what's happened to AW's children, and for the grand parents, but I'm hesitant to wonder if somehow where there's smoke, there's fire. That's an awful lot of bad things to happen to one person, and now her husband guilty of murder? I don't mean to be insensitive, but I'm having hard time understanding how one person can have so many bad things happen in their life.

Respectfully, please explain why you think she WOULD divorce CWW right now !!

I imagine AW is spending a lot of her time each day sitting cross legged doing zen meditation & kundalini yoga, stuff like that (in other words, bet she's one stressed-out person !!).

Seriously, as other posters here have said, it is a terrible tragedy.

And, a note, and I say this respectfully not nastily: My gut sense is that AW is one of those sorts of people who rarely utters the plain and simple truth on any subject.

I tried meditation twice, didn't work too well with my ADD :happydance:. In all seriousness, being still legally attached to someone who pleaded guilty to murder could be a hinderance in custody or visitation of her late daughters children. And with the media being so far reaching in this day and age, I don't think most people would want to be known across the country as the person who stood by a man who butchered (sorry if that is harsh, but that is what he did) an innocent mother and a healer to so many in her community. And, if they are divorced, there is no right to claim spousal privilege if there is a need to testify. IMO, by not divorcing now could be a way of protecting him. There are so many side story tragedies attached to this case, SMH.
On a side note, how do you snip a convo on here for focus?

I tried meditation twice, didn't work too well with my ADD :happydance:. In all seriousness, being still legally attached to someone who pleaded guilty to murder could be a hinderance in custody or visitation of her late daughters children. And with the media being so far reaching in this day and age, I don't think most people would want to be known across the country as the person who stood by a man who butchered (sorry if that is harsh, but that is what he did) an innocent mother and a healer to so many in her community. And, if they are divorced, there is no right to claim spousal privilege if there is a need to testify. IMO, by not divorcing now could be a way of protecting him. There are so many side story tragedies attached to this case, SMH.

:thinking: Maybe she's thinking of potential financial opportunities, interviews for books, movies, maybe being paid to be a consultant providing background and history of CWW, their town and people.

For snipping for focus, I use good old delete, cut, paste. :eek:ddsmiley:

BBM

I'm a bit torn on this, as I do have some empathy for AW, but she has already put CWW before her son / grandkids.

I think there is also another snippet in the interviews about AW being uncomfortable around her GD because of her disability, but I can't find it ATM.

I'm just not sure she's that bothered.

MD: Okay. Have you -- can you give me a specific example of anything that he's done ln the past that you
know of, or anything that would make you feel uneasy about him?

EM: There was a problem with Angie's other son and --

MD: Okay.

EM: -- and Wayne. And the boy was taken from her and put into State custody because

EM:

MD: And took him out?

EM: Yes.

EM: Which is one reason she cannot have the great grandchildren, and we have our guardianship of the great
grandchildren.

MD: I understand. Oh, so you actually raised the -- your great grandchildren, they live with you?

EM: My-- the great grandson, the boy right there, lives with us, and, uh, the little girl does also-

[From the sworn statement of EM #5233 & #5234 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B717FUtKwdU8bjduM3RsYzNCak0/view ]

BBM

I'm a bit torn on this, as I do have some empathy for AW, but she has already put CWW before her son / grandkids.

I think there is also another snippet in the interviews about AW being uncomfortable around her GD because of her disability, but I can't find it ATM.

I'm just not sure she's that bothered.
[From the sworn statement of EM #5233 & #5234 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B717FUtKwdU8bjduM3RsYzNCak0/view ][/I]

Thank you for the link - I couldn't remember how to get back to most of those documents and we knew we'd seen it somewhere! From your link is the mention of MS writing in his diary about he and TS discussing divorce, but the actual diary entry has been redacted from the documents we have.

"...husband Mark documenting their marital issues to include: talk of divorce.... " Bates 4251

LEGALLYBLAND Thank you for reminding me about that part of the LE interview. EM knew and had no difficulty in coming up with a specific example of CWW/AWW's dysfunctional relationship and how AWW will look the other way, even in regards to her son. And how willing her family covers and acts like, "Oh well, that's just how it is with AWW and we all go along with it." I'LL SAY NO MORE, for now!
(sorry for difficulty in reading post...greatly irritated right now.)

In fairness to EM, I think there's been some redaction in my quote which may make it look like he may not be too forthcoming.

But I don't get the impression EM or KM are covering for CWW/AW.

I too am very sad for what's happened to AW's children, and for the grand parents, but I'm hesitant to wonder if somehow where there's smoke, there's fire. That's an awful lot of bad things to happen to one person, and now her husband guilty of murder? I don't mean to be insensitive, but I'm having hard time understanding how one person can have so many bad things happen in their life.
Losers attract losers? No common sense, poor judgment?. Those of us who have common sense, good judgment, good coping skills, etc. are blessed. IMO there are many unfortunate souls in the world that can't put 2 and 2 together --- Biological and enviromental causes. JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

In fairness to EM, I think there's been some redaction in my quote which may make it look like he may not be too forthcoming.

But I don't get the impression EM or KM are covering for CWW/AW.
LEGALLYBLAND I had read the entire interview months ago in its entirety. Your editing had nothing to do with my irritation. It just reminded me of how IRRITATED HE MADE ME THE FIRST TIME I READ IT,TOO!! Saying AWW's teenage son is in "STATE CUSTODY" might make some people think the minor did something wrong...<modsnip>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back