Defense Team has not visited KC in 8 Days

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that a lot of people here don't really understand the job of a Criminal Defense Attorney. The job is NOT to prove their client innocent. The job is to FORCE the prosecution to PROVE that their client is guilty with:
1. sound arguments
2. reliable testimony
and
3. solid evidence.

No Criminal Defense Attorney cares if his/her client is guilty or innocent. Guilt or innocence of the client has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Criminal Defense Attorney's job. In a nutshell, the Criminal Defense Attorney's job is to protect the rights of ordinary citizens from the government. It is part of the checks and balances put into place by the founding fathers of our country to make certain that we, as citizens, are fully protected from unfair treatment by our govenrment. No one in the legal community would ever disrespect a Criminal Defense Attorney for representing a guilty person because they understand that.

For those of you who are unaware of the real role of a Criminal Defense Attorney, I think this article may be helpful in understanding what it really is:

http://www.ethicsscoreboard.com/list/defense.html

Frankly, the Casey Anthony case is a Criminal Defense Attorney's dream case due to it's notoriety. Baez has lined up experts who will question the prosecutions evidence in every possible way and do their best to demolish them making the jury question the prosecution case. Baez is obviously working hard to do all that a defense attorney should do to debate the prosecution on every level and call the prosecution into question, creating reasonable doubt in the mind of potential jurors. That is EXACTLY what he is supposed to be doing, like it or not.

No Criminal Defense Attorney would willingly walk away from this kind of opportunity.

The worst case is always the best case to win.

Good question Jenny, I don't know. Most likely for health reasons though I'd guess.

They can do that by phone.
Yes, but why would they? The pattern has been one of consistent and frequent visits from multiple members of the legal team at various times of the day and night.

Why rely on a phone conversation to impart potentially devastating (or conversely, reassuring) news? What caused the pattern to change?

Question: How easy is it for a defense attorney to drop a client anyway? If the DP goes back in play that would be an out for JB since he's not qualified in the eyes of the bar -- but other than that... if it's lack of funds wouldn't the State have to pick up the tab to some degree? I thought I'd heard many times you can't just decide to walk.

ETA: I'm sure the peripheral players (LKB, etc) could leave but JB?

could be his chances for excusal are better if he is ill and cannot dedicate the time that a DP case deserves in order to ensure proper representation. Hhhmmm.

could be his chances for excusal are better if he is ill and cannot dedicate the time that a DP case deserves in order to ensure proper representation. Hhhmmm.

Funny, we both hmmmmmed. :)

i cn just imagine the rage KC must be in to not have 100% attention from JB. How DARE he put his health before her?! lol

Imagine the havoc KC has been to JB's family? His wife can't be very happy with him, loads of stress from every angle.

I'm disgusted at the thought of what KC will write in reply to her pen pals. Remember her letter to Dakota? At least she can't offer up a sleep-over to her new BFF's this time.

I'm counting down now to see if there is suddenly a D team visit tomorrow - after the JB/LB statement. Not before.
I hope it's LK-B. She won't be cuddling up to her! And she can't bake her brownies either!

Frankly, the Casey Anthony case is a Criminal Defense Attorney's dream case due to it's notoriety. Baez has lined up experts who will question the prosecutions evidence in every possible way and do their best to demolish them making the jury question the prosecution case. Baez is obviously working hard to do all that a defense attorney should do to debate the prosecution on every level and call the prosecution into question, creating reasonable doubt in the mind of potential jurors. That is EXACTLY what he is supposed to be doing, like it or not.

No Criminal Defense Attorney would willingly walk away from this kind of opportunity.

*respectfully snipped*

How long do you figure those experts are going to work without being paid?? Who/how will Casey pay for these experts? These people have worked long and hard to ensure they are paid top-dollar amounts; they don't generally do pro-bono work. Do you honestly believe that they're all so committed to KC that they're going to donate their time for this case?!

So while Baez may never willingly walk away from the case, what is he supposed to do if his high-priced counterparts pull the plug? What could he possibly do if the DP is reinstated. (I'll be honest and tell you I don't even know if that is an option. Can they re-instate it after saying they're not pursuing it??)

Imagine the havoc KC has been to JB's family? His wife can't be very happy with him, loads of stress from every angle.

He's fairly soft-spoken and I've always thought he keeps stress inside while maintaining a very calm, almost gentle exterior. I bet his insides are torn up. I feel a little sorry for the guy. I do.

/ducks and runs

I'm relatively ignorant about the practical realities of plea deals-- but I think that Casey could plead guilty to aggravated manslaughter at any point-- even absent a direct offer from the SA-- I think she could expect a 30 years to life sentence for agg. manslaughter. But that's just my guess.
How can she plead to aggravated manslaughter when it's not even offered at this point?:confused: The charge is murder1.

QUOTE=LeLe1953;3326425]:woohoo: I bet Casey is fit to be tied. She shouldn't look at this in a negative light. She should look at the total isolation as a practice run for life in prison. I wouldn't wanna be JB though, she will probably rip him a new one. Ha Ha, she can't even call or text to see where the heck he is. :clap::behindbar:behindbar[/QUOTE]

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:[

*respectfully snipped*

How long do you figure those experts are going to work without being paid?? Who/how will Casey pay for these experts? These people have worked long and hard to ensure they are paid top-dollar amounts; they don't generally do pro-bono work. Do you honestly believe that they're all so committed to KC that they're going to donate their time for this case?!

So while Baez may never willingly walk away from the case, what is he supposed to do if his high-priced counterparts pull the plug? What could he possibly do if the DP is reinstated. (I'll be honest and tell you I don't even know if that is an option. Can they re-instate it after saying they're not pursuing it??)
He can tell the judge his client can't afford his fees and walk away from the case, besides he's not Death Penalty qualified, but that didn't stop Mark Geragos. She'd have to get a Public Defender.

I think that a lot of people here don't really understand the job of a Criminal Defense Attorney. The job is NOT to prove their client innocent. The job is to FORCE the prosecution to PROVE that their client is guilty with:
1. sound arguments
2. reliable testimony
and
3. solid evidence.

No Criminal Defense Attorney cares if his/her client is guilty or innocent. Guilt or innocence of the client has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Criminal Defense Attorney's job. In a nutshell, the Criminal Defense Attorney's job is to protect the rights of ordinary citizens from the government. It is part of the checks and balances put into place by the founding fathers of our country to make certain that we, as citizens, are fully protected from unfair treatment by our govenrment. No one in the legal community would ever disrespect a Criminal Defense Attorney for representing a guilty person because they understand that.

For those of you who are unaware of the real role of a Criminal Defense Attorney, I think this article may be helpful in understanding what it really is:

http://www.ethicsscoreboard.com/list/defense.html

\
I agree that this is a dream come true case and unfortunately I don't see
JB giving up this opportunity. I'm sure his upcoming statement will tell
the public how he is determined to continue to prepare for her defense
and will be backed up with Baden's remarks attempting to minimize the
evidence as she lives to do.

He can tell the judge his client can't afford his fees and walk away from the case, besides he's not Death Penalty qualified, but that didn't stop Mark Geragos. She'd have to get a Public Defender.

Really? I didn't think it was that easy. I thought it was considered too prejudicial to quit a client like that. Aside from health reasons, or if they put the DP back (which I don't think they will) I don't think he'll be able to walk that easily.

Really? I didn't think it was that easy. I thought it was considered too prejudicial to quit a client like that. Aside from health reasons, or if they put the DP back (which I don't think they will) I don't think he'll be able to walk that easily.
Don't know about Florida, but I'm pretty sure you can do that in California. Judges can't expect attorneys to work unpaid, that's why they have public defenders offices.

Don't know about Florida, but I'm pretty sure you can do that in California. Judges can't expect attorneys to work unpaid, that's why they have public defenders offices.

I agree it doesn't seem quite fair but that's always been my understanding... of course she could fire him, get really *fruschtrated* and hire someone else ... Well, we shall see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back