Defense Team has not visited KC in 8 Days

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. and yes. IMHO, it would be the perfect out for Baez.

agreed. Get fired. Agree to let Brad Conway negotiate your plea, after agreeing to sign over executorship of Caylee's estate, go to prison for life.

What comes after that would be off topic and pee alot of us off so I will leave it at that.

I know from working with lawyers that when the funds stop, the counsel stops. If it was due to JB's health problems, a partner would take up the slack.

It could also be this new PR woman persuading JB to at least try and appear more professional by keeping his visits down to a standard level. Or, another thought, something to do with any ongoing Bar investigation?

Whatever the reason, I hope KC is feeling the crunch. It's about time she felt something other than self-pity.

I imagine the first conversation went something like this:

Marti- "Ok, Jose, we need to work on your image. I've compiled a list of things that need to be addressed". "First, no hugging or snuggling with your client, I also think you should start wearing your wedding ring again". "It would also be a good idea to not hold anymore press conferences on a whim". I would like for you to have a refresher course on how to conduct yourself in a courtroom, here's a video of Mark N. in court, I want you to study this because this is a lawyer who definitely can handle himself in a courtroom,"
........................................ KWIM :wink:

I think JB and LKB are going to make an announcement that LKB is going to take over as lead defence attorney.

I think after the doc dump they got, they know the DP will be back on the table and JB is not experienced for this and LKB is.

Wow...maybe JB is actually working with the documents and not just listening to his clients BS stories about a Nanny nobody has been able to even provide a picture of. I'm guessing he got the flu. I had it on Monday and it lasted about 48 hours. I was a mess with 105 fever. Of course if he went to the doctor, like a baby for the flu, the media of course would make a big deal out of it. His dr. prob gave him a pat on the back and said drink some fluids. Maybe Casey could order some Cup of Noodles for him!

No kidding. That crap has had hold of me for 2 solid weeks now. Yesterday, my relationship with my waste basket turned more intimate than I'd ever imagined it could.

Jose's had a busy 9 days. He's fired a PR ghost, hired a PR harridan, Valentine's Day was there who to buy chocolates for, you know..........it's a lot of pressure on a guy.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18734025/detail.html

Jail records show Casey's defense attorney, Jose Baez, has not visited her for eight days, nor has anyone else from the defense team. That's the longest she's ever gone without seeing her defense attorneys since she was indicted four months ago.

I'm curious if the legal eagles might have some insight to offer as to why the defense team might have pulled back somewhat at this time.

I personally find this especially interesting as this means that no one from the defense team has visited KC since the day after Caylee's memorial.

Thoughts?

Personally, I think they finally realized they're not going to get any useful information out of tot-mom. Why keep visiting her if the trial (could be) nearly a year out? On top of that, I think the defense team has come to their senses and realize they have less and less to defend (ala, Baez in the hospital, as his princess is guilty as all get out).

I wish I could say I feel sorry for her, but had she showed one once of compassion and asked to watch the memorial, I would almost think she was human. She did not.

No parents, no brother, no lawyers, no other visitors -- boy that's gotta hurt!

Peace,

Oh my , Oh my!!!! You an just bet KC is so frustrated for the 2nd time! JB has done nothing but coddle her and babysit her 7-8 months! Making jail visits at 10 PM, gimme a break! I think he was really infatuated with her, because, "We do not know the KC he knows!"

Could be any of the following reasons:

1. No real income comming in
2. Hired a boat-load of professionals and has no way to pay them
3. Problems on the home front with wife
a. She sees he is infatuated with KC
b. Thinks KC is making him look like a fool
c. Threats against JB ad his family
d. Never at home, and is with KC at all crazy hours
e. Sex life is shot!:clap:
f. Standard of living decreases with no income
g. Loss of friends
4. K's reaction to viewing memorial on his laptop
5. Advise from new PR girl..get Professional, get real! Back off!
6. His nerves are shot causing stomach problems
7. After reading the latest release from LE ad SA, he realizes his goose is cooked and is scrambling for a new strategy.
8. KC may be threateing him with unprofessional behavior

I better stop now....I could go on and on...:woohoo:

He's fairly soft-spoken and I've always thought he keeps stress inside while maintaining a very calm, almost gentle exterior. I bet his insides are torn up. I feel a little sorry for the guy. I do.

/ducks and runs
Sorry but I feel no sympathy for him whatsoever. He wanted the case,he brought in PR firms,bodyguards to build his case up...whatever he gets he deserves and I don't mean that in a kindly way (to him).

Here's a theory- albeit far fetched, but plausible.

If Baez received 500 pages last Wednesday and checked into the hospital on Friday, his health problems could be related to what he read in the docs from Wednesday.

Could it be that Baez really and truly believed that Casey was innocent- that he was completely sucked into the vortex and that he felt he was rescuing her from persecution?

And maybe he was blindsided by whatever evidence was on the duct tape or found with Caylee's body and finally realized she was guilty?

I know it's far fetched but...............

It's so far fetched that this is impossible. Look, Baez would lose all credibility as a Criminal Defense Lawyer if he were to step down now. That's unethical at this point. Baez does NOT care if Casey is guilty or not. Guilt or innocence DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT matter to a Criminal Defense Attorney at all. His job is simply to force the prosecution to prove their case in court. That is what he is working on and he doesn't need to visit Casey to do that.

I don't think it is normal for defense attorneys to "visit" their jailed client every day. This girl is going to be behind bars a loooong loooong time awaiting trial. Even if she is his one and only client, JB still has work to do that doesn't involve "hanging out" at the jailhouse. Perhaps with all of the attention the Bar Association is giving him over "possible misconduct", he knows it is best to put everything in a "normal" attorney/client box??

Oh my , Oh my!!!! You an just bet KC is so frustrated for the 2nd time! JB has done nothing but coddle her and babysit her 7-8 months! Making jail visits at 10 PM, gimme a break! I think he was really infatuated with her, because, "We do not know the KC he knows!"

Could be any of the following reasons:

1. No real income comming in
2. Hired a boat-load of professionals and has no way to pay them
3. Problems on the home front with wife
a. She sees he is infatuated with KC
b. Thinks KC is making him look like a fool
c. Threats against JB ad his family
d. Never at home, and is with KC at all crazy hours
e. Sex life is shot!:clap:
f. Standard of living decreases with no income
g. Loss of friends
4. K's reaction to viewing memorial on his laptop
5. Advise from new PR girl..get Professional, get real! Back off!
6. His nerves are shot causing stomach problems
7. After reading the latest release from LE ad SA, he realizes his goose is cooked and is scrambling for a new strategy.
8. KC may be threateing him with unprofessional behavior

I better stop now....I could go on and on...:woohoo:

~bolded by always~

These late night visits remind me of teenagers sneaking out of the after their parents have gone to bed. To see the *bad* boyfriend/girlfriend they're not allowed to see. :rolleyes:

I think your reasons are very reasonable. :clap:

I imagine the first conversation went something like this:

Marti- "Ok, Jose, we need to work on your image. I've compiled a list of things that need to be addressed". "First, no hugging or snuggling with your client, I also think you should start wearing your wedding ring again". "It would also be a good idea to not hold anymore press conferences on a whim". I would like for you to have a refresher course on how to conduct yourself in a courtroom, here's a video of Mark N. in court, I want you to study this because this is a lawyer who definitely can handle himself in a courtroom,"
........................................ KWIM :wink:

Totally AGREE! Although everytime I think someone in KC's circle wises up I hear something bonehead/denial/clueless.

I personally just think he was sick and he was the one perpetuating this baby coddling idea with KC. LKB is not that sort and since she is a woman KC's "charms' would not work with her.

I like nachos "Maybe they broke up!" TEE HEE TEE HEE!

Respectfully, whoa, in this case there is no way that would be that easy nor would he do it for fund evaporation. Why, because it would need to introduce the fund source, and it would prejudice his client and possibly be a conflict of interest to him. He could end up disbarred or worse.

It is no co ink y dink he has not been there since the Bar confirmed the complaint. He would HAVE TO INFORM HER... get an independent waiver, etc..
I'm dying to know what you mean. Please explain why introducing the fund source would prejudice Casey and possibly be a conflict of interest to him.
And, how would the fund source, conflict of interest result in disbarment?
And what do you mean he would have to inform her, etc.

This is fascinating information that I can't decipher. Give me a lesson please.

This could be all about JB
He was being investigated by the bar ... perhaps someone took him aside and said cool this or you won't be practicing law any longer.
He can sell stories and write books later but he has to stay connected here.
I think he is just saving his own soul.
But then you never know ...
How long was the longest relationship that KC had with a guy? That's not nice but could be true too ....

What I find extremely interesting is that BC goes to the media to tell everyone that he is reading the docs prior to public release so that he can brace the A's on any damaging evidence.

So why didn't JB or his team briefed KC on the evidence in the released docs? KC has the means of finding out via her small radio and the talk in the cell unit she is in as well as her hour of tv. She has to know by now what the talk of the cell block is; her. And I would think she isn't too happy with LE or her family or former friends at the moment. If she had hatred for all of them before, she sure is pizzed at them now. Her brain must be in overload.

SNIPPED: "... now is the time they should be meeting and working hard on the case-- more than ever. If JB is disgusted or personally alarmed by new revelations, I don't think he'd stop visiting her for trial prep. And if he's too sick to visit, you'd think the other lawyers from his firm (who also visited Casey a LOT) would still be visiting during JB's illness.

To me, it's either a $ thing or Casey is pouting and refusing visits for whatever reason?

Though I've not been too impressed with JB, I will say that a great deal of the work that must be done prior to a trial does not require a defendant's input. Especially when you have more than 2-3 experts.

Though I've not been too impressed with JB, I will say that a great deal of the work that must be done prior to a trial does not require a defendant's input. Especially when you have more than 2-3 experts.

True. That said, would you have expected a visit this week on the heels of the discovery release?

If nothing else, but to discuss details from Michelle & Annie's statements that KC felt unstable previously?

Or, what would a defense attorney wish to discuss with a client now based on this latest discovery release? The laundry bag? The sticker?

Micheal Cardoza says now kc is guilty, how to defend now?
JVM on Larry King now is very incriminating to kc, things found at A home.
3 crime scenes.......A house, car and dump spot.
so even JB buddies think JB will have a rough time defending kc.
It is day 9 now with no JB, no one seeing her and this big doc dump.
I wonder if kc needs meds now/ having her rages! IMO

Micheal Cardoza says now kc is guilty, how to defend now?
JVM on Larry King now is very incriminating to kc, things found at A home.
3 crime scenes.......A house, car and dump spot.
so even JB buddies think JB will have a rough time defending kc.
It is day 9 now with no JB, no one seeing her and this big doc dump.
I wonder if kc needs meds now/ having her rages! IMO

Thanks passionflower, your post gives me hope. We're all praying for justice served for Caylee and that she has peace. Not surprised of the changes in the media. JB is another matter. He's up to his neck in this and we'll have to see what his next step is. The long wait to meet with KC and his stomach problems are certainly questionable.

I haven't had a chance to read everything that was released today, but after reading about Casey's statements to the 2 friends about thinking she was going crazy, I wonder if maybe JB saw that along with the other evidence and realized he was defending someone who is mentally unstable, whose actions will be hard to defend, and who probably has no chance of resuming whatever relationship the 2 of them have (or had) once the trial is over. Purely speculating that something more than the normal attorney-client relationship exists(ed) between the 2 of them, but assuming that hunch is correct, he's probably lost whatever attraction he had for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back