Defense Team has not visited KC in 8 Days

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True. That said, would you have expected a visit this week on the heels of the discovery release?

If nothing else, but to discuss details from Michelle & Annie's statements that KC felt unstable previously?

Or, what would a defense attorney wish to discuss with a client now based on this latest discovery release? The laundry bag? The sticker?

For starters, I wouldn't be publically issuing any statements the way the JB camp does when there's a doc dump. If and ONLY if I were being confronted by the media, I'd politely and firmly be saying what I always say: "We have no comment at this time. Thank you."

What would I want to discuss with my client? We'd go over every piece of paper that the state gives us, one by one and, eventually, we'd get through it all. It's all got to be discussed.

But it would be done on my terms in connection with my working up my client's defense case - NOT for purposes of making some responsive (read: defensive) presser to the media as JB makes. If I were JB, I wouldn't be worrying about the document dump in terms of the media. Course, I'd have been the one filing the Motion For Gag Order and certainly would not have opposed one filed by the state. :doh:
I'd just be merging this material right into the rest of the work one must do, diseminating the relevant portion(s) to the various expert(s) who need said portions, and combing through it with my client over the next year or so. (Yes, it will take that long for this to go to trial, so there's no real rush here to get through it with Casey.)

What I find extremely interesting is that BC goes to the media to tell everyone that he is reading the docs prior to public release so that he can brace the A's on any damaging evidence.

So why didn't JB or his team briefed KC on the evidence in the released docs? KC has the means of finding out via her small radio and the talk in the cell unit she is in as well as her hour of tv. She has to know by now what the talk of the cell block is; her. And I would think she isn't too happy with LE or her family or former friends at the moment. If she had hatred for all of them before, she sure is pizzed at them now. Her brain must be in overload.

Was Annie on the Memorial Uninvited List ?

I haven't had a chance to read everything that was released today, but after reading about Casey's statements to the 2 friends about thinking she was going crazy, I wonder if maybe JB saw that along with the other evidence and realized he was defending someone who is mentally unstable, whose actions will be hard to defend, and who probably has no chance of resuming whatever relationship the 2 of them have (or had) once the trial is over. Purely speculating that something more than the normal attorney-client relationship exists(ed) between the 2 of them, but assuming that hunch is correct, he's probably lost whatever attraction he had for her.

I believe she had been lying even to him and he has finally (not the sharpest knife in the drawer) realized it. I don't see him staying on this case. I see something happening which will make him withdraw.

For starters, I wouldn't be publically issuing any statements the way the JB camp does when there's a doc dump. If and ONLY if I were being confronted by the media, I'd politely and firmly be saying what I always say: "We have no comment at this time. Thank you."

What would I want to discuss with my client? We'd go over every piece of paper that the state gives us, one by one and, eventually, we'd get through it all. It's all got to be discussed.

But it would be done on my terms in connection with my working up my client's defense case - NOT for purposes of making some responsive (read: defensive) presser to the media as JB makes. If I were JB, I wouldn't be worrying about the document dump in terms of the media. Course, I'd have been the one filing the Motion For Gag Order and certainly would not have opposed one filed by the state. :doh:
I'd just be merging this material right into the rest of the work one must do, diseminating the relevant portion(s) to the various expert(s) who need said portions, and combing through it with my client over the next year or so. (Yes, it will take that long for this to go to trial, so there's no real rush here to get through it with Casey.)

TYVM, Chezhire. That was helpful.

Maybe now would be the time for all of us to write those letters
to Casey that George asked us to!
You know... kinda like a hit her while she's down! :D

I'd rather write condolence letters to her poor jail guards who are probably bearing the brunt of her ire.

You in?

Since the attorneys have not visited KC, I wonder if she has a TV where she can watch the news and hear for herself what is going on....does anyone know if she has access to the local newspapers?

I'd rather write condolence letters to her poor jail guards who are probably bearing the brunt of her ire.

You in?

They are living a nightmare right now. To be watching 7/24 a manipulative inmate plus one that is high maintenance with an attorney firm visiting constantly makes the job VERY difficult.:bang:

It was stated early on in the case that JB had a daughter that went to the same school. With the new info being talked about concerning yearbooks from KC highschool being sluethed I'm wondering if JB's daughter and KC were aquintances. Was kC so hap hazard upon first arrest she just picked any Joe Smo to defend her in the fight for what may be her life. I wish we had concrete evidence as to hoe she obtained him. Maybe JB's family has had enough of this saga and are begging him to transfer his power to someone else. If in fact DC did state that JB was the one who told him to impede justice wouldn't that make him a crooked lawyer, that could be prosecuted?

It was stated early on in the case that JB had a daughter that went to the same school. With the new info being talked about concerning yearbooks from KC highschool being sluethed I'm wondering if JB's daughter and KC were aquintances. Was kC so hap hazard upon first arrest she just picked any Joe Smo to defend her in the fight for what may be her life. I wish we had concrete evidence as to hoe she obtained him. Maybe JB's family has had enough of this saga and are begging him to transfer his power to someone else. If in fact DC did state that JB was the one who told him to impede justice wouldn't that make him a crooked lawyer, that could be prosecuted?

Supposedly JB was recomended to KC by someone in the holding cell when she was arrested. There is also some discussion that she knows or went to school with his daughter. So his name was probably at least familiar to her.

If JB was the one who told DC where to search, it is not necesarily a criminal matter, or even unethical. It depends on what DC's employment status with JB was at the time. Depending on that it may be a breaking of client confidentiality. Unfortunately if (as I stronlgy suspect) JB was the source of teh location to be searched, and if it did break attorney client privilege, then it is likley the jury will never hear of it. As the privelege is KC's not JB's. And his violation of it is not supposed to be help against her. While JB would not face arrest unless he specifically instructed DC to tamper with or destroy evidence, if it does track back to him he may face disbarrement and a career change.

Respectfully, whoa, in this case there is no way that would be that easy nor would he do it for fund evaporation. Why, because it would need to introduce the fund source, and it would prejudice his client and possibly be a conflict of interest to him. He could end up disbarred or worse.

It is no co ink y dink he has not been there since the Bar confirmed the complaint. He would HAVE TO INFORM HER... get an independent waiver, etc..
I think I have figured out what you were saying in your last paragraph in the post yesterday morning. Is it 'It is no co-incidence" when referring to why Baez and team have none seen
Casey in that 8 days?

Baez's compulsion to call a press conference every time there is a DOC dump shows his inexperience as a lawyer and in my eyes it shows how badly he wants all the media attention. And you,as an attorney in La. pointed that out quite clear. Even defense attorneys on TV have alluded to that and that he should have stayed quiet. That he should say nothing.Baez whines and accuses the prosecution of 'leaking these DOC dumps"
when he should be well aware of Florida's Sunshine Law. It's not the prosecutor who shows up in front of the media but Baez himself who calls all these press conferences. His lack of experience gives all other lawyers a bad image but I believe the public has known it's just Baez doing this to get all the media exposure while he likely will lead Casey to Death Row. I am hoping the Florida Bar Assn. will re-open the case on him once they learned of Todd Black/Gil Cabot and his info to the Bar using the Todd Black moniker.I still believe Baez's connection with Cabot needs to be delved into deeper and then they will find that "fund source" for Casey's defence and IMHO would have exposed Baez's great hope for money and lots of it,and all sorts of made for TV movies which is what Cabot was into. I believe something catastrophic happened to Baez regarding his association with Gil Cabot thus his hospital stay and most of all cutting all visits to Casey out along with his team. And it was in my opinion that he found out Casey WAS guilty...and could care less about that part...so it had to be something much more meaningful to Baez...like money and his associations with Gil Cabot,Larry Garrison,etc. Something that put the fear of God in him. IMO probably something more thn just getting disbarred. Why would ANY lawyer not at least VET people he employs especially since it looks as though Baez knew who Gil Cabot really was and his felonies and that he spent time in prison two different times? Baez has just been to me sleazy and underhanded from the beginning.

"Since the attorneys have not visited KC, I wonder if she has a TV where she can watch the news and hear for herself what is going on....does anyone know if she has access to the local newspapers?"

Do you have any idea how she (KC) feels? She has no one to comfort her, just herself! There she sits, alone, no visitors, not knowing what is going on, completely, "Out of the Loop"! She is so Frustrated now! So frustrated that she can't even swallow!:woohoo:

Do you have any idea how she (KC) feels? She has no one to comfort her, just herself! There she sits, alone, no visitors, not knowing what is going on, completely, "Out of the Loop"! She is so Frustrated now! So frustrated that she can't even swallow!:woohoo:
When I started to read your post I got that rolling eyes look I'v so proudly displayed since the doc dump and thought what an empathetic person to be admired! I finished reading and about 10 seconds later said, "Oh I get it !" Gastro problems of the brain is what I'm blaming it on. What a crack up! thanks! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe the defense team is finally tired of trying to work under the weight of her constant lying and changing of stories. I bet every day they go in there with information she spins some bizarre winding yarn that contradicts everything that came before it. They've probably accomplished very little.

Perhaps they're trying to make her sweat a little bit, scare her out of the game she's still trying to play?

Thanks passionflower, your post gives me hope. We're all praying for justice served for Caylee and that she has peace. Not surprised of the changes in the media. JB is another matter. He's up to his neck in this and we'll have to see what his next step is. The long wait to meet with KC and his stomach problems are certainly questionable.

WELCOME!
Something tells me that LKB is running the game plan now and not JB........:waitasec:
She is more seasoned and less to play games with kc............
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in kc jail cell.........no JB, no computer, no friends, no family.........just eat candy! How much $$$ does she have left in her budget???

Actually, wouldn't she be frushstrated?:woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back