Defense What is their strategy? #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why the defense team for O.J. was so good. They made Furhman appear to be a racist. The mistakes of LE were used to the defense advantage.

I think Casey is as guilty as they come and that Zanny is the worst defense I have ever heard of. But, O.J., Spector, the first Menendez trial, Blake etc. show how a good lawyer can go a long way with really unsympathetic cases and clients.

I think Casey will be dressed for prep school (dabbing her red-swollen eyes) and Linda K. B. will have her hands all over her with motherly, concerned pats during Casey's trial.

IMO

The OJ team were "showboats" (my lawyer fam hates showboats), but the managed to obfuscate every, single fact of the case. Even that the three DNA samples were all found in the same blood pool. They were WELL worth the hype, IMHO.

It didn't hurt that prosecution kept letting their allegations slide, and confused the jury with their muddled DNA presentation,

Then, there was Judge Ito.....

I can't believe that JB is still going to run with this defense!! This would be the time to start pleading accident or anything else! If he runs with this, there is NOTHING to go on, what a losing proposition this is going to be.

KC's fatal flaw (ONE of them, anyway). She wants a principal lawyer whom she can control.

Most os us would just hire the best shark we could find, and only open our mouths to say, "yessir" or "yess'm."

Her silence sure didn't keep Caylee safe.

If she REALLY wanted to make sure George, Cindy and Lee are safe, you'd think she'd start talking to get the bad guys off the street.

Even the BEST OF THE BEST lawyers are going to have a tough time with the Zanny defense. It is dumb.

IMO

My brother said there was a dumber (at that time, anyway) one in KY. "The devil made him do it." Really!

My brother just rolled his eyes and said, "I hope he's (the lawyer) good!"

The statement below is from the S.A.V.E. Kaylee website, a true horror story on child abuse if there ever was one. What is interesting to me is their thoughts on pro bono attorneys. 'They are difficult to find, difficult to qualify for and difficult to get the time needed to provide the defense properly.' and yet they have been beating a path to the Anthony's front door for 5 mos. Now throw in a half dozen expert witnesses and you have yourself a million dollar defense team.

A waste, a complete waste if ever I saw one.

Our ultimate goals are different from any other child advocacy group in that we fund raise to pay attorneys and private investigators directly, because in all the responses from mothers in these cases it seems that pro bono attorneys are difficult to qualify for, if they can be located. Then, finding one that will do the necessary work in these complicated cases is almost unheard of. S.A.V.E. Kaylee wants to assist a parent or legal guardian in protecting children. We believe advocating for children is the most important task an adult has in this world and are willing to stand strongly behind our belief...

http://www.momsforjustice.org/

The OJ team were "showboats" (my lawyer fam hates showboats), but the managed to obfuscate every, single fact of the case. Even that the three DNA samples were all found in the same blood pool. They were WELL worth the hype, IMHO.

It didn't hurt that prosecution kept letting their allegations slide, and confused the jury with their muddled DNA presentation,

Then, there was Judge Ito.....

I always thought that the MC should have been ready to run with a few experts on the type of leather that was used in the gloves as well as a representative from the manufacturer explaining exactly how the shrinkage occurred once they became wet and then dried and then an example of the type of gloves in the same size.

I always thought that the MC should have been ready to run with a few experts on the type of leather that was used in the gloves as well as a representative from the manufacturer explaining exactly how the shrinkage occurred once they became wet and then dried and then an example of the type of gloves in the same size.

I used a pair of my well-fitting gloves to demonstrate how one can simply spread the hand to make the glove appear too small.

He had arthritis really bad in his hands, I heard that he didn't take his medicine and his hands swelled, so the gloves wouldn't fit.

I have a question, and I'm being completely earnest. My belief for the few *snerk* years I've been on the planet, is that a defense attorney's job is to see to it that their client receives competent representation and a fair trial and isn't completely railroaded, NOT to get them off at all costs.

Am I wrong?

I've seen many posts that speculate as to what Jose will do/say to get his client off, but my understanding of the roll of the defense attorney is that they're appointed/hired to make sure that their client's constitutional rights are upheld, not that they pull out all of the stops to ensure that the client is let off of the hook for the crime that they've commited.

Again, am I wrong?

I'm sure you'll all think that I'm stupid, I've just never understood this.

I don't think you're stupid at all. I think this was the premise of our judicial system when it was originally set up. Before greed and political gain became partners with the defense. Before win at all cost and criminals rights became more important than the victim.

Our system is broken. And the only way to fix it is to remove big money, whether it is multi million dollar atty fees, multi million dollar bribes or promise of political advancement.

I don't have all the answers as to how to make it right, I have some general ideas, I know what I'd like to see happen. But I wouldn't know where to begin to implement the overhaul our system needs.

Let me end by saying I believe we have one of the best, if not the very best legal system anyone would be un/lucky enough to need to use. I still have faith that the majority of those employed by the courts are honest, decent, overworked people.

Did he whisper under his breath "until found guilty"? Was he crossing both fingers when he said it? sorry, couldn't help myself.

No one could pay me to have his job right now..... Cleaning porta potties would be more admirable in my eyes.

jmo

I used a pair of my well-fitting gloves to demonstrate how one can simply spread the hand to make the glove appear too small.

Ooh, good idea too! That is basically what he did--good thinking, plus the latex gloves underneath. Anyway, I don't think there will be any simple catch phrases that work in this case.

JB and Co. stated that they are going forward with the SODDI defense. It seems inconceivable to me that this defense could ever overcome the evidence that we know about from the awesome sleuthing done here by some very talented crime solvers and the evidence we have from the document dumps. Let's see if we can dissolve any SODDI defense here. I'll start with the death band hair (DBH) and the human decomp event (HDE) in KC's car trunk.

The DBH proves that the deceased was in the trunk and the HDE is consistent with 2.6 days of decomp. How does a SODDI fit here?

The SODDI defense would require that the perp: 1) had access to KC's vehicle and able to get into the trunk without KC's knowledge, 2) was able to track down KC's vehicle although very few people knew her whereabouts; 3) was able to find the car again to retrieve the body; 3) had access to Caylee's blankie and toy horse; 4) had duck tape, a heart sticker, a garbage bag and a laundry bag which are all alleged to come straight out of the A home; 4) know that KC was familiar with the pet cemetery area of the swampy woods and that she lived a mere 15 houses away.

AND, as another poster so eloquently stated, the perp had roughly 1 hour and 45 minutes to take Caylee from KC on June 16th between 2:30 and 4:18pm, while KC was downloading images or video on the A house computer.

Can anyone propose a reasonable SODDI theory that covers any of these facts?

TH on NG last night said if KC wants to stick with ZFG/SODDI defense she will have to take the stand and point the finger. Which will open her up to cross examination. I would sooooooooooooooooo love to see that happen.

I don't think you're stupid at all. I think this was the premise of our judicial system when it was originally set up. Before greed and political gain became partners with the defense. Before win at all cost and criminals rights became more important than the victim.

Our system is broken. And the only way to fix it is to remove big money, whether it is multi million dollar atty fees, multi million dollar bribes or promise of political advancement.

I don't have all the answers as to how to make it right, I have some general ideas, I know what I'd like to see happen. But I wouldn't know where to begin to implement the overhaul our system needs.

Let me end by saying I believe we have one of the best, if not the very best legal system anyone would be un/lucky enough to need to use. I still have faith that the majority of those employed by the courts are honest, decent, overworked people.

ITA- Also you gave me a LBM....I wonder if JB actually has political ambitions? He hasn't been a lawyer that long, doubt he was making a lot of $ before this case, all the media events making his face more recognizable to the public, his recent foray into the etnic arena "I'm Hispanic!", etc.

I think he's dragging this out, not to prove KC innocent, not to protect her rights, but to garner as much public recognition for himself as possible for future use. jmo

Baez says Casey is innocent.

I say there really is an Easter Bunny and he's 6 feet tall and pink.

Who's crazier?

Who's crazier?

thanks for the laugh, I almost choked!

All those defense lawyers say 'my client is 100% INNOCENT!"
yeah right!!!!

Who's crazier?

:woohoo: there is an Easter Bunny!!:woohoo:

ummm....i vote #1.
:cow: moo

ITA- Also you gave me a LBM....I wonder if JB actually has political ambitions? He hasn't been a lawyer that long, doubt he was making a lot of $ before this case, all the media events making his face more recognizable to the public, his recent foray into the etnic arena "I'm Hispanic!", etc.

I think he's dragging this out, not to prove KC innocent, not to protect her rights, but to garner as much public recognition for himself as possible for future use. jmo

ITA! Someone, can't remember who, posted not long ago that KC "isn't a mission-she's a stepping stone"! I think he feels deep inside that this case is so not winnable that the public won't hold it against him when she is convicted. But, the upside of that for him, in his opinion, is that he will have become famous and I'm sure he's hoping for opportunities that will put him on the level of the late Johnny Cochran or maybe a future on TRUTV-who knows!! Heck, he's already got a gig teaching out of this!!:rolleyes:

In one video I notice that Baez said "We think that she is innocent." Then he goes on to say "She is innocent."

I think it is possible for the defense to "She is innocent." It's semantics (the meaning of this sentence is a function of its use, legalese): She is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law--end of story.

I'm not sure if I quoted this entire post correctly so forgive me if I screwed it up. It is a defense attorney's ethically obligation to his or her client to defend them zealously--that means to pull out all the stops. A defense attorney's job therefore is not merely to make sure their rights are protected.

KC innocent...

In the words of my 14 year old whenever she thinks something is crap...

WHATEVVVVVERRRR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members