Delay revealed-Motion to determine competency filed by defense

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This motion was brought up by CM...not Baez and Baez was NOT happy about it....it came about during a sidebar and after LA testified and ICA actually cried. Now what could she have said to Mason that would render her incapable of aiding in her defense?

Perhaps she was feigning (verbally) suicidal tendencies after LA did or did not testify to what she expected..

just a guess.

My uneducated opinion is that the DT cannot provide evidence that KC was molested by either Lee or George. Hence, the wording included in the motion that KC was not being "truthful with her attorneys." I think it was a round-about way of addressing that with the judge since he's been hammering them pretty hard about sticking with their opening statement(s).

where are your reading that? about untruthfulness? are there two motions (other than the one link posted above)?

:waitasec::waitasec: I am wondering this :

Is it possible that ICA told these 3 physicians that she WAS "sexually molested" by LA and GA (which I do not believe) ...

And maybe the DT needed to get it "ON THE RECORD" -- coming from ICA's "mouth" to a "professional" ... because as we know, there is NO RECORD of "sexual molestation" because if there was, the DT would have brought it into Court by now.

We know ICA "lies" but I was wondering if this is the DT's strategy -- to get it on record with the physicians and bring them on the stand to testify instead of ICA ?

Just thinking out loud ... my brain is on "overtime" from this trial ...

The DT could legitmately be baffled by their client's bubbly demeanor, etc., maybe never having a client with this degree of Sociopathy?

During Saturday's hearing, some commented on Casey's behavior (flailing her arms, acting angrily, DT keeping her from reading side bar etc.)

So I am wondering if she had a melt down which concerned them and prompted them to seek a psychiatric evaluation on Saturday.

Or was this simply another ploy of the DT to delay, deflect, mistrial etc.

perhaps... or maybe CM just doesn't like working saturdays.

CM filed it.

Maybe ICA is determined to testify after LA didn't throw himself or GA under the bus.

When Baez asked Lee " is there anything else you were upset about" Lee was supposed to say something. He seemed to struggle for a loooooooong time before giving up and saying "no". Baez looked lost, checked with Mason, & ended the questioning. Whatever answer Baez & lee agreed to in advance didn't happen.
IMO, Mason told Baez enough & made a desperate attempt to save his client ( as a good lawyer SHOULD) over Beaz's objections.

The defendant will take the stand now.

Why do they keep crying for a "mis-trial"? Don't they know she will be tried again? Is JB just trying to get off the case? I ma confused as to why mis-trial keeps coming up.

I was thinking by reading the motion that maybe they did want to through LA under the molestation bus and she said no I want do that and that is why Mason filed that. Telling her this is the only way to keep you from the needle and she said no. MOO

where are your reading that? about untruthfulness? are there two motions (other than the one link posted above)?

It is number 4. I did misquote it, but I do read it to mean that the defendant is/was/could be withholding facts (lying by omission), et al.

Looks like a Hail Mary Pass by CM to me. Speculation: Casey changed her story AGAIN (explaining JB's comment about the theory of defense being what he said in opening "among other things"), and Casey wanted to testify to her new lie. CM knew that would never work in front of the same jury who heard JB's idiotic opening, so he was hoping to get her declared incompetent for a while. By the time she was "restored" to competency, they would need a new jury, and CM could either tie JB to a chair and stuff a sock in his mouth and do the opening himself (consistent with Casey's new story) and/or convince Casey not to testify.

It could be something as simple as Casey saying she wanted to kill herself.

If only.
With all due respect, she's not the type to ever feel that way. She's thriving during the trial & finding enjoyment in every moment she can. It will be the same during her lifetime incarceration. Frankly, I would bet Mason finds her upbeat, helpful mental state during the trial very disturbing.

Don't discount why she was so happy all morning. She doesn't want ANYBODY saying she's crazy & may well have been extremely pissed at Mason for filing the motion. She's too impressed with herself.

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony In Perry's response he asked for evaluation to see if Casey could "testify relevantly" among other things.

I might just have guessed right! LOL

I think you did too! LA and GA didn't fall on sword...ICA now determined to "snow" the jury...she really thinks she can but her DT knows otherwise and did what they had to to try and prevent it.

I agree with others too that she's so happy this morning because she's gonna get to TALK. I rmeember one of the TV psychologists saying weeks ago that they thought she looked really angry because she is "silenced."

ICA is confusing her friends and family with the court and the jury....

Caylee sweetie, justice will be here very, very soon!

Mike Brooks saying something had to have happened that caused the DT to file the competency motion in "good faith". We have seen her following along all this time. She had to have said something that caused them to think she was not in "reality". Then again, she could have been manipulating!

How many days are left in the trial? All of a sudden NOW she's not competent? :rolleyes:

#CaseyAnthony A judge friend says lawyers request competency evals if client gives new, inconsistent info. or rejects reasonable plea offer.by bobkealing via twitter at 9:25 AM

If this actually has anything to do with this case, i would wonder if ICA wanted to backtrack and say LA never molested her? especially after the emotional testimony on Friday....

I was thinking the same thing.

I believe that ICA wants to take the stand. I would bet that JB is going along with it... but CM thinks it would be disastrous... CM has stated in the past that he believes this trial will end badly for ICA... Her insisting on taking the stand makes any reasonable person think shes crazy for even wanting to get up there...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg
Back