Dellen Millard: Preliminary Trial Begins 04 Jan 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> His alleged proceeds of crime are under $5,000 which would make him a small contender in the world of trafficking. <modsnip>

I am more interested in why this might happen now and the interaction between CB and LE. Many local people have commented he has been unfairly targeted and the charges came on the eve of the trial so he is in custody now. Just a strange coincidence.

I am more interested in the interaction between CB and LE. Many local people have commented he has been unfairly targeted and the charges came on the eve of the trial so he is in custody now. Just a strange coincidence.

I found the info very interesting and as you stated "a strange coincidence." Thanks for posting it.

Opinions with regard to innocence have been previously noted by all and are redundant when made without anything to substantiate them. Repeatedly stating opinion without any MSM is similar to wild speculation, and unless links are provided to support future statements in that regard, posts containing them will be removed.

The "presumption of innocence" principle has been explained on numerous occasions; I think it appropriate to bring over a post by verified lawyer, WS member AZlawyer, from another unrelated thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ievers-Sidebar-Thread&p=12277740#post12277740

I always like to make the point, though, that the presumption of innocence is just a criminal court thing. He may be innocent, but if he ordered the hit, he's guilty now and will continue to be guilty regardless of what happens in court. Conversely, if he's innocent, he will continue to be innocent even if wrongly pronounced guilty by a court of law. Also, only the judge and jury are required to presume innocence; the public is free to come to their own conclusions.

bbm

SC of the Spec https://twitter.com/susanclairmont tweeted a few tips for those interested in attending the court proceedings next week. The courthouse opens at 8:30 and the trial begins at 10 each day. It sounds like you can go in an view the jury selection process too.

SC tweeted a bit more on the TB case...sounds like the trial itself is not going to start this month. Just the jury selection.

[video=twitter;686689950201298944]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/686689950201298944[/video]

The preliminary hearing for the WM case is at the 2201 Finch Ave W courthouse, but today Millard's name appeared on the docket for the courthouse at 361 University Ave - along with another familiar name.

5eiwpz.jpg

auxf1i.jpg

Am I reading that correctly? MW "v" DM? Doesn't that mean versus? Are we allowed to ask the implications yet? (I suspect anyone who knows isn't allowed to answer, but doesn't the v imply one of them is proceeding legally against the other, or have I watched too much tv?)

Someone may have money on their mind. JMO

That doesn't explain why two of the listings read "Wawrykiewycz v Millard". If charges are laid by the Crown, it would read "R v the accused" or "Her Majesty the Queen v the accused".

Is this indicative of a private prosecution? And if so, who is charging who? And with what?

https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/private_prosecution.php

Is it significant that in the top row it's reversed? Millard v Her Majesty, not the other way around? Taken literally and from an American perspective, it looks like he's suing everyone. I'm sure that can't be the correct way to interpret it?

Someone may have money on their mind. JMO

It can't be a lawsuit - it's listed under the Superior Court of Justice criminal court, not civil court. Only indictable offences are heard in criminal court.

Is it significant that in the top row it's reversed? Millard v Her Majesty, not the other way around? Taken literally and from an American perspective, it looks like he's suing everyone. I'm sure that can't be the correct way to interpret it?

There are several other (non-related) names on the docket that are listed in the same way - "the accused v Her Majesty" - as well as others listed the "correct" way with "Her Majesty" appearing first.

Am I reading that correctly? MW "v" DM? Doesn't that mean versus? Are we allowed to ask the implications yet? (I suspect anyone who knows isn't allowed to answer, but doesn't the v imply one of them is proceeding legally against the other, or have I watched too much tv?)

MS/DM's earlier appearances were annotated "R. v MILLARD ET AL" so in this case we have the opposite, DM vs. R and MW vs DM

I am more interested in why this might happen now and the interaction between CB and LE. Many local people have commented he has been unfairly targeted and the charges came on the eve of the trial so he is in custody now. Just a strange coincidence.

He may well have been unfairly targeted. Maybe it is to bring the DM trials into focus so that negative connotations and inferences will be made against DM. I agree it is a strange coincidence. Thank you for answering my question.

I don't think it matters which way around they appear on the docket. The issue in my opinion is why are there motions between Wawrykiewycz v Millard / Millard v Wawrykiewycz? Motions to strike?

Darn it anyway .... we will not likely hear anything more than we have for the past 2 years 8 months.

While the media can attend the pretrial hearings, the judge has ordered a publication ban, meaning nothing said during the hearings can be reported.

The pretrial motions are expected to be heard this fall, with the trial itself scheduled to start in January 2016.

(Going by this April 2015 article)

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/bosma-m...trial-hearings-can-t-report-on-them-1.2317081

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns