Delta flight diverts from Detroit to New York after passengers sickened by spoiled food

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
NEW YORK — A Delta flight from Detroit to Amsterdam was diverted to New York’s Kennedy Airport on Wednesday after passengers were served spoiled food, airline officials said.

The redeye flight took off from Detroit around 11 p.m. Tuesday and landed in New York at 4 a.m. “after reports that a portion of the Main Cabin in-flight meal service were spoiled,” a Delta spokesperson said in a statement...

ROMULUS, Mich. – A Delta Air Lines flight from Detroit to Amsterdam was forced to make a stop after passengers were served spoiled food.

A Delta spokesperson confirmed that Delta flight 136 from Detroit Metro Airport was en route to Amsterdam on Wednesday morning, July 3, 2024, when it diverted to JFK airport in New York...

I wonder what kind of food was served. When and how did they discover it was “spoiled”. Yikes.

I’ll never forget the Denver omelet, home fries, 2 links of sausage and all the champagne I could drink. I was 18 and solo traveling to my dad in Michigan on a morning flight. Never forgot that meal. This was 1979.

I wonder what kind of food was served. When and how did they discover it was “spoiled”. Yikes.

I’ll never forget the Denver omelet, home fries, 2 links of sausage and all the champagne I could drink. I was 18 and solo traveling to my dad in Michigan on a morning flight. Never forgot that meal. This was 1979.

I'd like to hear more about what the food was as well and what was wrong with it. The passengers seemed to have gotten sick pretty fast.
Consider the source but DM says it was moldy chicken. The meal was served to the crew and pilots as well. It sounds like everyone refused medical attention. At this point I wonder if anyone even got sick.

Consider the source but DM says it was moldy chicken. The meal was served to the crew and pilots as well. It sounds like everyone refused medical attention. At this point I wonder if anyone even got sick.
I'm thinking someone saw mold on the food and all if it had to be taken away and the flight diverted. YUCK.

jmo

When I have flown to Europe on Delta there are around a dozen meal types you can request ahead of time when you make your reservation. Vegan, vegetarian, Asian vegetarian, gluten free, low sodium, low cholesterol, halal, low calorie, diabetic, kosher, etc.

I always order the vegetarian meals, from Expy I think they are better than the meat, fish, or chicken that is served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingina30
Back