Demi Moore Hospitalized For Substance Abuse

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just heard the 911 call on CNN. Caller told them Demi had smoked something like incense and started having convulsions.

Then a second person gets on the phone and she sounds very familiar.

I hope Demi gets through this without any more public displays of instability.

Spice or K2 is nasty smelling and can cause convulsions. We were staying in an Inn while traveling this summer and the guys in the room next to us were smoking it. Made me really sick just to smell it. The closest description of the smell that I can come up with are the clove cigarettes people smoke in the Orient.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis"]Synthetic cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

While I do hope she recovers and gets well (body and mind), I have to say that I agree with you! It does appear that she is very wrapped up in her outer appearance. There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself or having pride in the way you look, but it's not the most important thing in life! Youthful appearances fade. It's just a fact, and no amount of plastic surgery can fix that over time. The fact that she denies ever having any procedures bothers me because it's so obvious that she has. I can understand her not wanting to share that secret, but when she goes overboard in the denial and says she's all natural - well...sorry...not believable.

I hope that this is a wake up call for Demi and that she gets the help she needs. You have to be happy with yourself before you can ever expect to be in a happy, healthy relationship.

I totally agree with you, I do think part of her never admitting to anything, was that she married someone so very much younger than her, I married a man that was 15 years older than me, but I could not see myself marrying someone 15 years younger than me, I also think she has a lot more issues, than the age gap, and looking young, I do hope that she finds help for all her issues, and is able to move on, she is still a young lady, not like me, I am almost 70, but I have no regrets, life is what you make it!!

Thanks for reading this post.

RUMER WILLIS
At Demi's House
During 911 Emergency

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/27/rumer-willis-demi-moore-911-emergency/#.TyQrR1wS1WM
snip-
If you listen to the 911 tape -- around the 00:54 mark -- you'll hear the caller ask, "What is the address Ru?"

What's interesting ... Demi was clearly smoking something and, we're told, inhaling nitrous oxide with her daughter right there.
Well, it's obvious that despite knowing of her past addiction problems, dysfunctional relationship with her mother, the pressure of being a celebrity and marrying a much younger man-we really don't know all that might have been going on in Demi's life.

:therethere:I truly do feel for Demi and Heather and all the other female celebs trying to survive in the illusion that is Hollywood. But, ladies-you must, for your daughters sake and your own, dig down hard and reclaim yourselves and not thru more drugs and surgery!! There are female celebrities out there who are maturing with style and grace-who I'm sure have had their share of life challenges and heartache!! Hopefully, they can be used as role models-not just for Demi and Heather, but just look at the younger trainwrecks coming down the track!! Oy vey!!:banghead:

While I do hope she recovers and gets well (body and mind), I have to say that I agree with you! It does appear that she is very wrapped up in her outer appearance. There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself or having pride in the way you look, but it's not the most important thing in life! Youthful appearances fade. It's just a fact, and no amount of plastic surgery can fix that over time. The fact that she denies ever having any procedures bothers me because it's so obvious that she has. I can understand her not wanting to share that secret, but when she goes overboard in the denial and says she's all natural - well...sorry...not believable.

I hope that this is a wake up call for Demi and that she gets the help she needs. You have to be happy with yourself before you can ever expect to be in a happy, healthy relationship.

I really do not think being "wrapped up" in your appearance is the trigger for anorexia. If so, she would not do it to the dgree she did as she looks awful. The disease can be triggered by many things...but feeling you have no control over your life is a biggie. Having your husband publicly cheat is pretty out of your control...and devastating.

I do not fault her for the plastic surgery, though she should just admit it..being glad she has access and funding to improve her appearance. I get botox and juvaderm...the juvaderm in my lip to reduce the appearance of a scar from abuse. Readily admit it and look forward to a little nip and tuck if it doesn't drastically change my appearance. Oh, and I did have an augmentation after a lumpectomy....never had anything but skin and bone there...now I am a C. Woohoo and thank you plastic surgery!

Get well Demi.

I hope she gets the help she needs. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but I hate to see anyone self destructing over a broken heart - no less in the public eye! She's been through a lot in her life, but at the same time - it's time for her to be honest, grow up, and have some self respect and confidence! Put the whippets down, Demi and MOVE ON! You have so much more going for you than Ashton!

I just have to say again, her hubby was very young when they married, maybe too young for her, she was about 42. and he was 20 something, just a young person, so please do not be hard on him, he still is very young, and I do hope they both find peace, I am sure it is not very easy to live your life in the public, I certainly would not!

parts of that 911 call were redacted - other parts about drugs ... she could be on a combination of 'legal' prescriptions that counteracted with whatever else she did

she was sitting up & alert before the ambulance got there

hopefully this is a wake-up call for her

Whip-It references 'removed from Demi Moore's 911 tape as information is deemed an invasion of privacy' (Daily Mail)
References to the 'Whip-Its' that Demi Moore reportedly used to inhale Nitrous Oxide on the night she was rushed to hospital have now been removed from her 911 tape.

The Los Angeles City Attorney's office reportedly heard references to the substance on the recording and had them removed.

They were believed to have thought it would be an invasion of the star's privacy if that information was released to the public.
---
Radar Online speculates Demi may have been smoking K2 or Spice, which is a legal herbal and chemical product that mimics the effects of cannabis.
---
more at link above

Ya the whip-its were reported the first day Demi's seizures were announced so redacting that now means little imo. I hope she gets help from professionals and has support of loved ones.

Remember St. Elmo's Fire, the part where Billy and Jules are up in her vacant apartment? He made that big puff of fire and gave the St. Elmo speech? I can't find it on youtube, but IIRC the basic message was that sometimes people create all this drama and heartache to keep themselves going when all that stuff only has only has as much power over us as we give it.

Maybe I'll find it and I'll be way off but that scene has always stuck with me. I've been thinking lately about getting a puppy and Elmo is at the top of the list for names. I love that movie!

I also can't help but remember the scene where she calls Alec and makes it sound like she is with some dangerous men and when Alec comes to rescue her the situation is obviously not dangerous.

Anyway, I like Demi Moore. I think she has a fierceness to her, but there's a lot of vulnerability there too. I've noticed for awhile that she's been looking a little rough around the edges. I think I heard or read recently that she feels like her body is betraying her. I have body issues myself, I can't imagine what it is like to be in her shoes.

Remember If These Walls Could Talk? She produced that, I really liked that movie. I just saw an article that said she was going to play Gloria Steinmen in a movie about Linda Lovelace but they have been forced to replace her with Sarah Jessica Parker. That's such a shame because I think she's a great match for the role. All the discussion of Demi's body kinda makes me think of my mother who has actually criticized Gloria Steinmen as a feminist because of her beauty.

I don't know what to think about Ashton. I have an x-boyfriend and he hovers when I have a hard time. We shared a lot and we know each other so well, its a special bond and he's really an incredible man. Ashton seems really superficial living his life on twitter. I know you can't help someone get over you, but you'd think he would have the decency to not be out with a beautiful woman on his arm.

Whatever is going, she'll make through and she'll probably look better in a bikini than she has in awhile, to which I'll say, "You go girl!"

I am just really disgusted that Demi was smoking and/or inhaling drugs with her daughter in the house. What a great example she is setting for her daughters. Years ago, when she moved to Idaho or wherever to raise her kids, I was so impressed that she wanted to raise them away from the spotlight. But it seems the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction now.

This is only IMO:

The breakup in the relationship (marital, in this case), was inevitable.

As the years went on, Ashton knew either consciously or subconsciously, there was an imperative to have children of his own.

Demi had already passed through this phase (3 children?) and could no longer have a baby? I'm wondering if she tried through invitro. Because that would make sense. She is wealthy. However, maybe she said she didn't want to go through that again. Possible.

I think he felt the only way to end the relationship was to act out in a big way--philandering. Perhaps he tried to end it sooner, and this proved to be impossible for him.

I do not doubt that the two of them were madly in love with each other for many years. In fact, I won't be surprised to learn that Ashton passionately professed in truth to Demi that the age difference didn't matter, and it would never matter, at that time.

This is not to say this difficulty happens in reverse. Many younger women marry older men. Then, after awhile the "biological" imperative begins to push them toward having children. Men can naturally conceive children well into their senior years. An example of this, would be Picasso having children into his eighties.

However, even though some men can, some men choose not to because they've already been through that, and don't want to be saddled with the responsibility of raising children again. Or, they don't have the money to be able to hire nannies, etc.

In conclusion, I think this is the reason Ashton is exiting, even if he isn't conscious of it yet.

I think Demi should be very grateful for what she has. She is living a very rich and full life.

I think Demi has been very misleading or downright deceitful about the recent events in her life. When she issued the statement about her and Ashton divorcing, she implied that there were vows she holds dear that forced her to divorce Ashton. Now, most news outlets are reporting that she has been a mess for a long time, and that her drug abuse contributed to the end of her marriage. I am sure that Ashton's affairs also contibuted, but it sounds like her actions have also been a key reason for the end of the marriage. Also, People reported that they had never required complete fidelity from one another, and if that's true, then his affairs are even less of an issue.

To me, she is just acting like a very immature person, and I hope she grows up.

Also, to go a little further with my thought in my post above, if what is being reported is true, I actually believe Ashton has been quite the gentleman to allow Demi to spin their divorce however she wishes.

This is only IMO:

The breakup in the relationship (marital, in this case), was inevitable.

As the years went on, Ashton knew either consciously or subconsciously, there was an imperative to have children of his own.

Demi had already passed through this phase (3 children?) and could no longer have a baby? I'm wondering if she tried through invitro. Because that would make sense. She is wealthy. However, maybe she said she didn't want to go through that again. Possible.

I think he felt the only way to end the relationship was to act out in a big way--philandering. Perhaps he tried to end it sooner, and this proved to be impossible for him.

I do not doubt that the two of them were madly in love with each other for many years. In fact, I won't be surprised to learn that Ashton passionately professed in truth to Demi that the age difference didn't matter, and it would never matter, at that time.

This is not to say this difficulty happens in reverse. Many younger women marry older men. Then, after awhile the "biological" imperative begins to push them toward having children. Men can naturally conceive children well into their senior years. An example of this, would be Picasso having children into his eighties.

However, even though some men can, some men choose not to because they've already been through that, and don't want to be saddled with the responsibility of raising children again. Or, they don't have the money to be able to hire nannies, etc.

In conclusion, I think this is the reason Ashton is exiting, even if he isn't conscious of it yet.

I think Demi should be very grateful for what she has. She is living a very rich and full life.

I am sorry but when people are as rich as those two are, they could have hired a surrogate to have the kid, if that was an issue.
So I don't think that theory holds water.

"Demi Moore is reportedly on "total lockdown" after entering a rehab facility.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/demi-moore-on-lockdown-in-rehab-16113597.html

"The actress is believed to have decided to receive treatment for an eating disorder and addiction issues late last week."

I don't think anorexia has a very high mortality rate.

Remember the catfight scene between Patty Duke and Susan Hayward when Patty gives Susan's wig a swirly? IIRC Susan almost walked out the back door, but then flicked her scarf around her head and said she would walk out the front door. Aging in showbiz must be so very horrible, I doubt we can hardly imagine.

I hope this is more than a bandaid or something she's doing to get a clean bill of health in the eyes of hollywood.

hope she gets the help she needs in rehab

She looks horrible there. However, it is SO easy to make someone looked messed up in a picture. Hell, I look high in some of my pictures because I tend to blink when I know I'm being photographed. All you have to do is catch someone in a weird pose, mid-blink, weird look on her face, etc. and say she's messed up. I realize they aren't necessarily saying that here, but I have a hard time believing that a lot of these pictures of famous people "messed up," "high," "drunk," "out of it" etc. are true representations of the subject.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers
Back