GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It hasn´t been reported earlier, so it is new to all of us.

I can´t answer your other questions.
Actually I had no idea PM´s step brother had committed suicide.

I am curious about PM´s childhood. I don´t think he came out of a box as a sadistic murderer, I don´t believe anybody does.

There is also some talk about him having had a head injury and that he changed after that. Not sure when it happened, but it was while he was with Copenhagen Suborbitals.

Someone in an earlier post did tell that his head injury happened in 2014. A witness said that he showed him snuff-videos in 2004, so the head injury has probably not much to do with it all.

Its been a strange day in court today, I think.

First with the defense-lawyer that wanted to force the ex-wife to witness. I am glad that the judges didnt go with that, because she is probably in total shock about being married to a monster, without knowing anything.

Second, the defense-lawyer tried to dismiss the submarine-expert by implying that it almost was some kind of conspiracy with ....who??

Third, the strange claim that the police had been subjective! How can they be that and why? What should motivate a police-officer to think that a for them total unkown guy should just be framed, no matter the costs. Its again like she wants it to turn in to some kind of conspiracy.

And the cats.....why do the defense-lawyer think that showing how much PM loves cats can tell that he is a normal person? My god, he did admit to the dismembering, right! He did admit that he wanted this dead person off his boat, right! What normal person does that? Cat-lover or not.

Then the strange reading of the blog, where the defense-lawyer tried to confuse the judges by reading all the text that the prosecutor didnt read, and reading in the middle of his presentation. I wonder if she really thought that the judges was able to see any good in the parts she read since she thought that it couldnt wait until it was her turn. IMO she was deliberately trying to destroy the prosecutors presentation, and trying to spread confusion among the judges. Or PM just wanted to hear ALL his own words and admire himself for being so incredible clever.

I did read today that the defense-lawyer had been a prosecutor for many years. Then its even more strange that she holds on to so unrealistic things as we have seen, and I start to believe that she is beginning to ruin her carreer because she runs the errand of PM 100%. Many of the things she brings up is like it just came out of PM's head. She probably doesnt have any control of the case, except when she does what PM want her to do.

Just my thoughts of the day.

It has been weird, and thanks for explaining further, as I found it hard to make out what was going on with the 'Heaven and Hell' reading.
I probably shouldn't assume things are similar in English and Danish courts, necessarily, but in one of the few other cases I have followed here, the murder of Helen Bailey by Ian Stewart, with similar mad lies and lack of empathy on Stewart's part, his barrister astounded us with some of his strategies and with his summing up, and I hated him by the end, even though I knew he was doing a job. It had no effect on the verdict and I trust all this will not either, especially as the lead judge is not going to be swayed as a lay jury just might.
But honestly - who is left who believes there is any doubt?

Someone in an earlier post did tell that his head injury happened in 2014. A witness said that he showed him snuff-videos in 2004, so the head injury has probably not much to do with it all.

No, certainly not!

Its been a strange day in court today, I think.

First with the defense-lawyer that wanted to force the ex-wife to witness. I am glad that the judges didnt go with that, because she is probably in total shock about being married to a monster, without knowing anything.

Second, the defense-lawyer tried to dismiss the submarine-expert by implying that it almost was some kind of conspiracy with ....who??

Third, the strange claim that the police had been subjective! How can they be that and why? What should motivate a police-officer to think that a for them total unkown guy should just be framed, no matter the costs. Its again like she wants it to turn in to some kind of conspiracy.

And the cats.....why do the defense-lawyer think that showing how much PM loves cats can tell that he is a normal person? My god, he did admit to the dismembering, right! He did admit that he wanted this dead person off his boat, right! What normal person does that? Cat-lover or not.

Then the strange reading of the blog, where the defense-lawyer tried to confuse the judges by reading all the text that the prosecutor didnt read, and reading in the middle of his presentation. I wonder if she really thought that the judges was able to see any good in the parts she read since she thought that it couldnt wait until it was her turn. IMO she was deliberately trying to destroy the prosecutors presentation, and trying to spread confusion among the judges. Or PM just wanted to hear ALL his own words and admire himself for being so incredible clever.

I did read today that the defense-lawyer had been a prosecutor for many years. Then its even more strange that she holds on to so unrealistic things as we have seen, and I start to believe that she is beginning to ruin her carreer because she runs the errand of PM 100%. Many of the things she brings up is like it just came out of PM's head. She probably doesnt have any control of the case, except when she does what PM want her to do.

Just my thoughts of the day.

It is her job to represent her client, so it is natural that some of (most) the things she brings forward are directly from him.
The things she says and does may seem idiotic, but she has to do SOMETHING.
There really is not much good to say about PM.
Oh, yes, he likes kittycats...

Spot on! During that, which the reporter compared to theatre, PM was very attentive and almost looked pleased.
He corrected Betina Hald Engmark from time to time if there were passages she didn´t read out exactly as he had written them.
What a stupid ******, he´s on trial for one of the worst murder cases ever.
I almost barfed, pompous moron.

http://cphpost.dk/news/peter-madsen-trial-day-10-recap-as-evidence-continues-to-pile-up.html

Not quite as good as some of their previous summaries, I think - no mention of the blood, for example.
If only it was the Guardian I could write and get them to change 'through' to 'threw'!

But here's another nauseating bit from the psychiatrists' report:

[FONT=&quot]'Reflecting on his life during the examination, Madsen broke out into “a big smile”, saying that he was “proud of a good life” with “many sexual conquests and business successes”.'[/FONT]

OMG, that idiot compares the dismemberment of Kim Wall with the Battle of Trafalgar!
Yes and that it would be no more upsetting for her family to receive her body in five separate pieces - wtf!!!!

http://cphpost.dk/news/peter-madsen-trial-day-10-recap-as-evidence-continues-to-pile-up.html

Not quite as good as some of their previous summaries, I think - no mention of the blood, for example.
If only it was the Guardian I could write and get them to change 'through' to 'threw'!

But here's another nauseating bit from the psychiatrists' report:

[FONT=&quot]'Reflecting on his life during the examination, Madsen broke out into “a big smile”, saying that he was “proud of a good life” with “many sexual conquests and business successes”.'[/FONT]

He's up there with Mr.Weinstein then .....

Yes and that it would be no more upsetting for her family to receive her body in five separate pieces - wtf!!!!

This is useful, though, in that it completely destroys his implausible effort to pretend (on 8 March) that all his changes of story as the evidence emerged were done out of consideration for her family and the public. OK, I know it was nonsensical anyway...!

Thanks again everyone for Thursday's report.

I'm keeping a certain distance from this thread, feels like I need that. Been thinking a lot about the women who declined his invitation and I hope they and their loved ones are OK knowing in detail what they might have escaped.

Take care all of you. Make sure you can get out and away if you have to.

It has been weird, and thanks for explaining further, as I found it hard to make out what was going on with the 'Heaven and Hell' reading.
I probably shouldn't assume things are similar in English and Danish courts, necessarily, but in one of the few other cases I have followed here, the murder of Helen Bailey by Ian Stewart, with similar mad lies and lack of empathy on Stewart's part, his barrister astounded us with some of his strategies and with his summing up, and I hated him by the end, even though I knew he was doing a job. It had no effect on the verdict and I trust all this will not either, especially as the lead judge is not going to be swayed as a lay jury just might.
But honestly - who is left who believes there is any doubt?

Helen Bailey's case contained a horrible life lesson about grief, trust and betrayal. Her friends let it happen, and her life coach even pushed her towards Stewart. It's a bad world out there and not all is what it seems. People who grieve are vulnerable, just as young aspiring women are vulnerable, even more so if they are journalists.

In certain circles, it is anti-feminist to say so.

Helen Bailey's case contained a horrible life lesson about grief, trust and betrayal. Her friends let it happen, and her life coach even pushed her towards Stewart. It's a bad world out there and not all is what it seems. People who grieve are vulnerable, just as young aspiring women are vulnerable, even more so if they are journalists.

In certain circles, it is anti-feminist to say so.

ZaZara, I (of course) agree entirely in wishing Kim Wall had not been so brave on this occasion and I know you aren't blaming her. I don't think it's anti-feminist to suggest young women are vulnerable. And as this case and Helen Bailey's show, there are some horribly depraved people. But if you are brought up among good people you can't help being fundamentally trusting and if you want to be successful in life you sometimes have to 'feel the fear and do it anyway', to use the well-known mantra.

I look back nearly fifty years (yes, I'm ancient) to when I was a 22-year-old teacher in Nigeria during the Biafran war. I was late getting back for the start of term after travelling all vacation and I hitched a lift with a Nigerian army convoy going from south to north, which ended up taking two days. On my own. If I'd been found raped and murdered by the roadside there are many who'd have said 'She asked for it' and looking back I think I was foolhardy. But in fact, I was treated with great courtesy. I was lucky. I did all sorts of other mad things and I'm still here to tell the tale.

The fact is this case is utterly extraordinary. The man was well-known. He knew her boyfriend was waiting for her. It was an interview, Even if he was known to be short-fused, even if he was known to have some deviant sexual preferences - who would have said, don't go because you might get disgustingly and brutally murdered? Claustrophobia and fear of being trapped underwater seem more likely fears.

Now we know more about what was going on over the preceding days and months everything seems obvious.

I doubt if Kim Wall could have lived life for long on the assumption that it's a bad world, and Copenhagen would not have been the place to put her guard up. Unlike Helen Bailey, she was just doing her job, not sharing her life with him. If only...but it's too late.

You were right in your other post, we all need a break from this dreadful case.

ZaZara, I (of course) agree entirely in wishing Kim Wall had not been so brave on this occasion and I know you aren't blaming her. I don't think it's anti-feminist to suggest young women are vulnerable. And as this case and Helen Bailey's show, there are some horribly depraved people. But if you are brought up among good people you can't help being fundamentally trusting and if you want to be successful in life you sometimes have to 'feel the fear and do it anyway', to use the well-known mantra.

I look back nearly fifty years (yes, I'm ancient) to when I was a 22-year-old teacher in Nigeria during the Biafran war. I was late getting back for the start of term after travelling all vacation and I hitched a lift with a Nigerian army convoy going from south to north, which ended up taking two days. On my own. If I'd been found raped and murdered by the roadside there are many who'd have said 'She asked for it' and looking back I think I was foolhardy. But in fact, I was treated with great courtesy. I was lucky. I did all sorts of other mad things and I'm still here to tell the tale.

The fact is this case is utterly extraordinary. The man was well-known. He knew her boyfriend was waiting for her. It was an interview, Even if he was known to be short-fused, even if he was known to have some deviant sexual preferences - who would have said, don't go because you might get disgustingly and brutally murdered? Claustrophobia and fear of being trapped underwater seem more likely fears.

Now we know more about what was going on over the preceding days and months everything seems obvious.

I doubt if Kim Wall could have lived life for long on the assumption that it's a bad world, and Copenhagen would not have been the place to put her guard up. Unlike Helen Bailey, she was just doing her job, not sharing her life with him. If only...but it's too late.

You were right in your other post, we all need a break from this dreadful case.

Hi Moll, thank you for offering us this glimpse of your interesting life! Dear me, I am quite lost for words. But you survived and you survived that war as well. Goooood!

My thoughts were not about blame, or blaming Kim Wall. I was thinking more about trends, and generations, and movements. Or even waves, waves that pushed Kim Wall forward to the point where she was no longer able to decline the invitation of PM.

I'm not done thinking yet. My idea is that it would haved been the proper thing to say no thank you, to PM and stay at your own party and be the host for your guests who were invited by you.
Or say no thank you, because of fear of submarines, there is wisdom in claustrophobia.

Unfortunately, the trend is to overcome your fears, don't hold yourself back, push your boundaries and live life to the max. For many women, feminism is pushing them even more.

And of course, when you are an aspiring young journalist, Work Is All.

Kim Wall took all the steps her generation considers positive.

I was reminded of something that SATA wrote a while ago:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-10-Aug-2017-*Arrest*&p=14019837#post14019837

I actually think this interest in true crime to a degree teaches you what to look out for and what to avoid.
For instance, I never forget John Douglas´ (former FBI profiler) simple advice: Never get in the car, just don´t.

BBM

IMHO many trends that play a role in this case go against this simple advice. It seems to me that we in Western Europe put too much emphasis on trust and invite danger with open eyes, or get into that car with open eyes, as if we had forgotten the need to protect ourselves.

Hi Moll, thank you for offering us this glimpse of your interesting life! Dear me, I am quite lost for words. But you survived and you survived that war as well. Goooood!

My thoughts were not about blame, or blaming Kim Wall. I was thinking more about trends, and generations, and movements. Or even waves, waves that pushed Kim Wall forward to the point where she was no longer able to decline the invitation of PM.

I'm not done thinking yet. My idea is that it would haved been the proper thing to say no thank you, to PM and stay at your own party and be the host for your guests who were invited by you.
Or say no thank you, because of fear of submarines, there is wisdom in claustrophobia.

Unfortunately, the trend is to overcome your fears, don't hold yourself back, push your boundaries and live life to the max. For many women, feminism is pushing them even more.

And of course, when you are an aspiring young journalist, Work Is All.

Kim Wall took all the steps her generation considers positive.

I was reminded of something that SATA wrote a while ago:

BBM

IMHO many trends that play a role in this case go against this simple advice. It seems to me that we in Western Europe put too much emphasis on trust and invite danger with open eyes, or get into that car with open eyes, as if we had forgotten the need to protect ourselves.

Thanks, ZaZara. I ought to say, I was not in an actual war zone, just in a country with a war in it, hence a lot of army movement.

I'm still thinking about this too. I completely agree about the way general trends affect individual behaviour, but I am very reluctant to take this case as a life lesson for young women, because it is so off the wall. Avoiding getting blind drunk would be more of a useful lesson to take from rapes and murders of women in general, but people really do get into trouble for victim-blaming when they say so. I can see how the details of Kim Wall's situation led to her accepting this invitation, and very possibly all her guests supported her decision. We can all see now how regrettable that was but really, circumstances conspired against her in a terrible way.

She does seem to have overridden a fear of going in the submarine (btw I saw a techie on another forum said it isn't a submarine, it's a submersible) and also noted that PM was 'a bit all over the place', I think that's what her boyfriend said. The idea of being in an enclosed thing underwater with a stranger would have stopped many. But where do we draw the line? 'Feel the fear and do it anyway' is a fine philosophy for many aspects of life, public speaking, changing jobs, whatever. But some people have always carried this on to more dangerous pursuits and we need them. Is women's freedom of action in general to be curtailed because of what men might do to them? This is an endless discussion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chala