GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically her limbs and head might never be found. The torso would have floated due to gasses but limbs and head probably won't produce enough gas to float and I'd guess PM also weighed them down.

News from Ekstra Bladet (danish news media)
http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/forsvarer-slaar-fast-han-naegter-sig-skyldig-i-partering/6791631 (Its danish)

It seems that he is trying to play a wordgame or manipulate how things appear.
I have translated the article in google for you to read here:

It has just come to the conclusion that the charge against Peter Madsen has been extended to include an ineffective deal with the death of 30-year-old Kim Wall.

This happens after the torso found on the waterfront on Amager on Monday is identified as the Swedish freelance journalist.

The extension of the sentence was made by a question yesterday, and according to Copenhagen Police, Peter Madsen refuses to be guilty of both killing and unfair dealings.

Extra Bladet has in this connection spoken to Peter Madsen's defender, Betina Hald Engmark, this morning.

- Are you surprised that there is already a culprit for an unfair deal?

- No I am not. We had expected some form of extension of the charge because my client has acknowledged to have buried Kim Wall at sea. That in itself is a violation of the Penal Code. So we had expected some expansion.

"But what I'm noticing is that he also denies guilty of injury

- He denies guilty in the manner in which he has formulated it, yes. And therefore he must deny guilty. My client acknowledges that he has buried her at sea. So he actually recognizes a violation, but not just on the grounds that the police have charged him with.

- So I can deduce that he denies guilty of having her partner?

- Yes.

"The police say that there were no others on board the submarine, and there has been information that she is consciously involved. Can you explain it?

"I can not comment on that," she says.

She says that her client would like to cooperate with the police.

"And he continues to do that," she says, continuing.
"Of course, he is very much affected by the situation, and it's no less as time passes. It is hard to sit in prison, and now a good deal of time has passed, says Betina Hald Engmark, who is in daily contact with his client.

" affected by the situation" situation ?

"...hard to sit in prison"

If I were Betina, I'd advise him it's a lot harder to be in pieces and dead.

" affected by the situation" situation ?

"...hard to sit in prison"

If I were Betina, I'd advise him it's a lot harder to be in pieces and dead.

Yeah, its hard to read it without shaking my head.

There is also an article today where his friend tells us how hard it is for Peter to be in prison where there are rules and you have to do certain things on a certain time, because he used to be able to go work in his workshop all day if he wanted to or to go sleep in his submarine if he wanted that. He is used to a huge amount of freedom.
---Well my neck hurts of all that shaking my head...

Yesterday there was an article about that he went voluntarily in isolation, because the other prisoners had threatened him with a good round of beating.
Poor man....not!

On the other had, if this man was 'popular" with the ladies and normally got what he wanted, maybe he didn't with Kim, and her rejection of him was so extraordinary to him that he flew into a rage.

My friend who knows him better than I do thinks that is what happened.

My friend who knows him better than I do thinks that is what happened.

If he really is like that, then it is probably not the first time he has done something bad. There should be other women who can tell stories about him then, or maybe they cant tell because they are buried somewhere.

Logical_Inference
If he really is like that, then it is probably not the first time he has done something bad. There should be other women who can tell stories about him then, or maybe they cant tell because they are buried somewhere.

Have wondered about that too - I think we all do.
He is close to 50 years old and this seems rather "advanced" for a novice.

Rest assured Peter Madsen in his boredom is plotting to escape prison.
He is probably fantasising about being the world´s greatest escape artist.
Hope they are watching him closely.
It has also entered my mind that he might commit suicide in prison - sort of the ultimate escape - and the ultimate unaccountability.

It is hard to stomach what his lawyer lets out. None of us have any sympathy for him at this point if that is what they are aiming for.
Our sympathies are entirely on the side of Kim Wall, who lost her life and still has five body parts floating around in the ocean or anchored at the bottom. Our deepest empathy is with her family who deserve clarity about what exactly happened so they can try to move on.

Only Peter Madsen can give them that - will he? By the sound of what his attourney says, nah.

It is important to focus on the fact that not only was a lovely young woman robbed of her life, she was also an accomplished individual with an important voice.
I just saw her family and friends have made a website in her memory.

https://www.rememberingkimwall.com/

Press release:
"To commemorate and honor the Swedish journalist Kim Wall, her family and friends have set up a memorial home page, where a fund will also be created to support other young female journalists who share the interest in reporting subcultures from all corners of the world."

Some background on Peter Madsen (and my friend).

http://nyheder.tv2.dk/krimi/2017-08-26-her-er-portraettet-af-peter-madsen

Google Translate.....

by David Buch

We draw a portrait of the killing rocket enthusiast whose name is on everyone's lips these days.

The reality has long exceeded the imagination in the case of the Swedish journalist Kim Wall, who disappeared on August 10 after a boat trip in the inventor Peter Madsen's submarine UC3 Nautilus.

46-year-old Peter Madsen is now imprisoned for negligent manslaughter on Kim Wall, whose body has been arrested. Her torso was found in the water next to Amager on 21 August. In addition, he is charged with killing and unfair interaction with the body.
square to 16x9
Also see
The police have searched the port where Peter Madsen was rescued ashore

The 'Raket-Madsen' is guilty and tells that Kim Wall died as a result of an accident on Nautilus. He acknowledges having "buried her at sea".

"He has a challenge in relation to working with others. He has a very military attitude.
Author Thomas Djursing

But who is he, this Peter Madsen - also called 'Rocket-Madsen'?

The author Thomas Djursing has written the portrait book 'Raket-Madsen'. In the preface, Thomas Djursing writes: "The story of Peter Madsen is the story of a man without a stop button."
Passion stems from the danger

Peter Madsen's passion for rockets stems from his father, trained carpenter and even a rocket nerd.

After a turbulent childhood, Peter Madsen's parents divorce when he is six years old.

Peter Madsen's explanations after submarine drama 3: 29

After a couple of years at the mother and his new boyfriend, little Peter moves home to his old father.

The father often tells Peter about fascinating space missiles and trips to the Moon. Peter is drawn from the stories and begins to experiment with homemade herbs for rockets and hydrogen balloons. In his school he is perceived as something of a nerd.
A single buckle

He rarely participates in class celebrations and has almost no companions. On the other hand, he is deeply immersed in rocket science.

In the 7th grade, the work begins to build a rocket 'to achieve extreme heights', as Peter Madsen himself has previously formulated.
square to 16x9
Also see
Peter Madsen denies guilty of injury

At Høng Kommuneskole, Peter Madsen enjoys himself in physics and chemistry. He absorbs knowledge and the best teachers from the parallel class are questioned about possible fuels for rockets when they have a guard in the quay, Peter Madsen says in the book 'Raket-Madsen'.

"There was especially a teacher at my school, Johannes Fischer, who knew everything about chemistry. He did not teach in my class, but in the quarters when he was a guardsman, I could go over to him and say something in the direction of: "O., Fischer. Today's topic for this courtyard is how we get perchlorates. "

Johannes Fischer remembers the little Peter and describes him as 'very alive' and 'unusually curious about physics'.
First rocket built on a planetary bench

On March 3, 1986, Peter's first big rocket is ready to be launched over Høng. It is built on the father's old planetary bench in the workshop.

The rocket is just over a meter high and the premiere is the American weapons of mass destruction MX Peacekeeper. It is thick and black with a long and rounded nose cone.
Peter Madsen at his workshop in Albertslund, July 3, 1999.
Peter Madsen in his workshop in Albertslund, July 3, 1999. Photo: Linda Kastrup / Scanpix Denmark

On a small grass area behind the football pitches at Høng Kommuneskole - as Peter baptises the Cape Cosmos - he sets up the rocket.

Just before sunset, Peter turns on the lantern.

The rocket lightens in a big smoke cloud, and with a long flame afterwards it stretches vertically to the weather. The rocket is stable and the fuel burns out at about 100 meters. The rocket stands still in the air for a moment, slows a little, turns the nose cone down and comes to a halt.

16 meters from the launch ramp, the rocket drill into a ditch next to the football pitches.

Peter exclaims.
Herointrip in 90 mm celluloid

From 7th grade he fights indifferently to be approved for high school, and in 1987 he is admitted to Kalundborg Gymnasium. A big win.

With his physics team, he experiences the newly opened Tycho Brahe Planetarium in Copenhagen. On the huge round canvas, the students are taken on a tour around the Discovery spacecraft and into space for the astronauts at the International Space Station.
square to 16x9
Also see
Author of the Peter Madsen book feels angry and abandonment

"It was a fierce, almost physical, impression. I do not know what my classmates did - but I was on a herointrip in 90 mm celluloid, says Peter Madsen in the portrait book.

In the Copenhagen rocket club DARK, the experiments are really waving for the young high school student, but it's not at no cost.

"The people in DARK can not keep up with his wilder and wilder ideas. They see the rockets as a cozy leisure project. But Peter does not have leisure projects. He only has projects and they fill everything. So in DARK you end up hating him. As you said at that time, if you say his name, the sprinkler system goes on.

Living for a 'war economy'

Peter Madsen never manages to complete a real education, but takes on continuous welding courses and also starts an engineering training - for example, to cultivate his new great passion, submarines.
square to 16x9
Also see
Australian director stops film about Peter Madsen

Thomas Djursing talks to TV 2:

- When he built his first submarine, he lived for a year on the floor in a garage where he built the submarine - to save costs. He has always said he is living for a 'war economy'.

Peter Madsen's first submarine Freya will be launched in 2002. It is followed by the somewhat bigger Kraka, and in 2008 the dream culminates in the launch of the world's largest amateur council, Nautilus.
The meeting with von Bengtson

That same year, Peter Madsen receives an inquiry from architect Kristian von Bengtson, who has accidentally fallen over a note in the paper about Peter Madsen, who wants to build his own space rocket.
Kristian von Bengtson (television) and Peter Madsen (th) at a press conference in 2010.
Kristian von Bengtson (television) and Peter Madsen (th) at a press conference in 2010. Photo: Keld Navntoft / Scanpix

Kristian von Bengtson has worked with space architecture at Nasa and the European Space Agency, ESA.

The two agree to meet. Peter Madsen lives and works aboard an old scrap ferry in Copenhagen's South Port.

"It was a dark night and I walked around this old old ship to find him. He was in the middle of doing something, screaming with something that he so relaxed when I arrived, says Kristian von Bengtson in Politics Podcast Life on Mars.
- Love at first sight

Peter Madsen has just finished building Nautilus. 18 meter long, cigar-shaped and coal-fired with cove and water under the water.

"My wife thinks it was love at first glance. It may also be, it has been, says von Bengtson.
Peter Madsen and Kristian von Bengtson test the first Danish space raid on Refshale Island in 2010.
Peter Madsen and Kristian von Bengtson test the first Danish space raid on Refshale Island in 2010. Photo: Linda Kastrup / Scanpix

"At times, it was difficult to keep up with what Peter did - and the amount of thoughts that dropped out of his head," says Kristian von Bengtson in the podcast.

Already the first night, the two helpless characters draw sketches over their first common space. It is during the late night hours when Kristian von Bengtson walks out of the 'Raket-Madsens' submarine. With a drawing under the arm and a big smile on the lip.

- The plan was really clear - to find out if you could build your own space rocket. And then we would shoot Peter out into the room. There was no discussion about what we should do now. This was the case, says Kristian von Bengtson.
A nerded community

It was the beginning of the probably most ambitious private space program in world history. Together, Peter Madsen and Kristian von Bengtson establish the Copenhagen Suborbitals organization - a nerded community for rider enthusiasts.
square to 16x9
Also see
Police: Kim Walls torso was injured after her death

The two rocket builders make the world around them aware of what they are doing. They make a website with daily updates on the project - and the opportunity to donate money. Quickly, the interest of the outside world begins to grow.

- There are several who read about it. There are more who care about it than ever and there is more money going into the project than ever before in history, Peter Madsen says in Life on the Mars podcast.

The two become celebrities - at least in a consecrated circle. When they open the house, there are hundreds of people who want to take pictures with the two main characters.

"It was Paradise Hotel for engineers," recalls Kristian von Bengtson.
Sleeping under his lathe

The association of rumnets grows fast with more than 50 volunteers, a number of sponsors and about 1000 private donors.

As time passes, it becomes increasingly clear how different people Kristian von Bengtson and 'Raket-Madsen' are.
Peter Madsen tests his homemade centrifuge to expose him to 8G - or an acceleration of 0 to 250km / h in 1 second.
Peter Madsen tests his homemade centrifuge to expose him to 8G - or an acceleration of 0 to 250km / h in 1 second. Photo: Jens Nørgaard Larsen / ScanpixDanmark

"When we begin the project, I experience how Kristian comes in the morning and goes home in the evening. Here I realize that Kristian is a normal person. He works like normal people, explains Peter Madsen in the podcast.

"I always think Peter will wonder that someone could find out at 15.30 because they should pick up children in the kindergarten. It was probably a question of total dedication. That it was either or. So, he's sleeping out there under his lathe, he gets up, and that's what he's doing - and there's nothing to get in the way. Because that is his goal. Cost what it will, explains Kristian von Bengtson.

The years are testing rocket engines on the Refshale island. Rockets are shipped in the spring over Bornholm. Room capsules, space suits and parachutes are being tested.

The preparations for the final launch, where Peter Madsen is to be sent 100 kilometers up in the room, is in full swing.
The tension increases

But the tension rises between Peter Madsen and Kristian von Bengtson - and between Peter Madsen and many of the members of the Copenhagen Suborbitals Association.

"It surprised him a lot that there were so many people with. They agreed to decide what Peter should be, "says Kristian von Bengtson, adding:
square to 16x9
Also see
Peter Madsen's defender: He is pleased to note that Kim Wall has now been found

"I remember my children were terrified of him. The times they met him he was throwing something or shouting and screaming because he had lost or lost something.

Peter Madsen is increasingly unable to accept that Kristian von Bengtson leaves the project in the afternoon to go home to his wife and two children.

- Now I have to go to the honest. I did not find it fair that we were not equally dedicated to the project, but that Kristian eventually took power over the project, and increasingly took the international image outwardly, "says Peter Madsen in Life on Mars.
The start at the end

It will be the beginning of Peter Madsen's commitment to Copenhagen Suborbitals.

A late night time, Kristian von Bengtson sends a letter to Peter Madsen, in which he writes that he retires as chairman and wants to leave the project. And so it will be.

Everyone in the association gives Peter Madsen a blame for Kristian von Bengtson's exit. And Madsen is forced to leave Copenhagen Suborbitals.
Peter Madsen photographed in 2003.
Peter Madsen photographed in 2003. Photo: Thomas Nielsen / Scanpix Denmark

Thomas Djursing recognizes this image of 'Rocket-Madsen'.

The author tells TV 2 that Peter Madsen can have a very cash approach:

"He has a challenge in relation to working with others. He has a very military attitude.

But Thomas Djursing also describes a person who, despite the uncompromising dedication to the projects, also has a soft, artistic side:

- He is a very loving person who thinks of others. He has a lyrical side and he is very busy with art. He is a part of artistic environments.
What happened that night in the submarine?

In 2014 Peter Madsen will launch funds from the Norwegian millionaire Georg Poul Artmann Raketmadsens Rum Laboratory ApS - with Peter Madsen as director.

Here Peter Madsen has since worked to develop the Alpha rocket. Following the plan, Alpha had been tested from the Baltic Sea to Bornholm on the weekend 25th-26th. August.
Apparently one of the last pictures of Peter Madsen and Kim Wall aboard Nautilus.
Apparently one of the last pictures of Peter Madsen and Kim Wall aboard Nautilus. Photo: PETER THOMPSON / Scanpix Denmark

'Rocket Madsens' submarine Nautilus should have shipped the rocket to Bornholm on a platform from Refshale Island.

As we know, this did not happen to go.

The end of the long translated article above seems to me to suggest a remarkable coincidence in timing, but the tense seems odd:

Peter Madsen has since worked to develop the Alpha rocket. Following the plan, Alpha had been [was supposed to be?] tested from the Baltic Sea to Bornholm on the weekend 25th-26th August...Rocket Madsens' submarine Nautilus should have shipped the rocket to Bornholm on a platform from Refshale Island.

As we know, this did not happen to go.

So am I correct in interpreting this as meaning the death of Kim Wall/sinking of the sub occurred just before Madsen was supposed to take this very expensive rocket he'd been working on, for testing? If the rocket was going to work, I can't see him getting sidelined, as someone said above, by a murder. But what if he knew it wasn't going to work, and didn't want to through with the test?

This was posted June 30, 2017 on an amateur rocket blog
https://mach5lowdown.wordpress.com/2017/06/30/flight-alpha-coming-along/

RML Spacelab has been a bit quiet recently, especially since the launch of the UC3 Nautilus, the teams submarine/launch platform tug. But Peter and his team have been hard at work with the recent completion of the Flight Alpha rocket....Flight Alpha launch window opens August 26-27th...

Another source:

Norway-based investor Georg Poul Artmann...holds about 75 percent of the shares in the Rocket Madsen Space Lab company that owns the 40-ton, nearly 18-meter-long (60-foot-long) submarine...said his fascination with space had prompted him to invest 250,000 kroner ($40,000) to support Madsen's space activities. He also said Madsen was the company's day-to-day leader and as "an investor I have not interfered in the daily operations."
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article169038767.html

I wonder what was really going on with that rocket project.

Wow, you may be on to something here! The timing does seem odd. Also the fact that he cancelled a trip to the rocket launch location, WHILE he was heading out with Kim Wall, early in the evening.

There were going to be two rocket launches - from the same location in Denmark.
His original rocket project has been taken over by other parties (he was made go).
So Peter Madsen formed his own company and carried on with his own project.

What if it sukked and he knew it?!

His original project, which he was excluded from successful, his new project: failure.
He wouldn´t be able to cope with that.

In any case, this must have had him on the edge and out of balance.

Newbie here

I'm Danish and have been following Peter Madsen's projects for many years. In the media, but primarily on his blog hosted by www.ing.dk (a magazine/website run by the national organization of engineers). I have met him briefly twice, and know a couple of people who know him personally. This observation might be of use to you websleuths out there. Madsen has a short temper. He is without doubt both vindictive and callous. He has fought with every single group of people he has ever been associated with. Name calling, defamation, threats, intimidation, lies, baseless accusations, you name it; he's done it. Most of this was very public and can be found in forum posts, but there is NOT ONE story of violence or physical aggression towards anyone - not one. I mean, he is somewhat of a celebrity here in Denmark, and if he was violent it would be out there.

An acquaintance of mine, who has been romantically involved with Peter Madsen, described him as "mild as a lamb". In fact, she said he was too mild for her (I didn't enquirer if that was sexually, or just in general - since I didn't want to pry her for such personal information). It's known that Peter Madsen frequents fetish events, but I have no knowledge of his particular fetish.

I don't know how common it is for non-violent people to turn killers, but I would assume people close to them would know they had a dangerous streak. In particular people who has worked on his projects where the stress level is high and nerves often frayed . Nobody close to Peter Madsen has yet claimed this - quite the opposite in fact.

I found a high resolution image of Peter Madsen straight after his rescue. Not sure if it's of use to anyone. The boiler suit is spotless, but his nails caught my eyes.
Madsen wore a suit like this on the last known pictures with Kim Wall.

https://www.tv2lorry.dk/files/media/2017/34/20170821-101055-l_59mb.jpg

That looks very much like blood....

It does fit with one of my arguments about that he wasnt really finished with cleaning for clues on the submarine when he was discovered.

The thing about the cancelled rocketlaunch does also fit my theory about it could been planned that he killed her, because he knew the end was near for his projects and he needed some kind of explosive end to it all. Maybe he had planned to disappear in the submarine instead of sinking it.

Leif G.W. Persson is a well known criminologist and novelist in Sweden and in his opinion this case has that classic ending... a woman is strangled by an angry man. So, PM did not plan to kill her, it just went overboard so to speak.

http://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/leif-gw-persson-sa-mordades-kim-wall/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_G._W._Persson

I doubt that it was because he was angry og frustrated. He is a guy that use to get mad and angry according to some of the previous posts here, and he had never laid a hand on anyone, so why should he suddenly cross the line he usually follows? I dont think this is classic at all. He must have had some kind of act in his mind before they sailed out.

There were also an article a few days ago about that people had spottet the 2 of them together several hours before they went on the trip. Maybe he planned it while they spend time together on land.

That looks very much like blood....

It does fit with one of my arguments about that he wasnt really finished with cleaning for clues on the submarine when he was discovered.

The thing about the cancelled rocketlaunch does also fit my theory about it could been planned that he killed her, because he knew the end was near for his projects and he needed some kind of explosive end to it all. Maybe he had planned to disappear in the submarine instead of sinking it.

That is an interesting point, sometimes suicidal people with very low emotional intelligence kill others first/instead. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/03/what-we-know-about-suicide-as-an-act-of-murder.html. There's a recent case of this in Chicago, a mild mannered, middle-aged university professor allegedly plotted and killed his lover, intending to commit suicide, but in the end couldn't go through with killing himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob