GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out it is not until 1 PM - danish time. Thats about 6 to 9 hours earlier for americans, and 1 hour later for the UK's.

Just to clarify for those in the UK - 1pm Danish time is 12 noon our time.

After being in all day yesterday I am going to be out all afternoon today,so if the verdict itself (as opposed to the court session) is quite a bit later than 1pm/noon for me, I won't find out till much later - typical!

Article going over it all yet again...
https://news.sky.com/story/denmark-awaits-verdict-on-the-murder-of-kim-wall-11345705

Julie Thomsen
@julieastridthom
·
4m
The crowds are growing outside the Copenhagen court as we close in on the verdict in the #SubmarineTrial
One hour left and we will know the court decision @SkyNews #KimWall #PeterMadsen

Moll said:
Just to clarify for those in the UK - 1pm Danish time is 12 noon our time.

and 2pm my time - in about 7 to 8 minutes....

Wednesday, April 25th:
*Verdict to be delivered (final day) (@ 1pm Danish time) - Denmark - Kim Isabel Wall (30) (Aug. 10, 2017) - Peter Langkjær Madsen (46) charged with premeditated murder in addition to
dismemberment & sexual relations other than intercourse of a particularly dangerous nature & indecent handling of a corpse. Pled not guilty.

Robin Elizabeth Herr
‏ @CaliforniaRobin

Court will give a verdict in about 10 minutes.

BBM

IMHO the court will start with giving the verdict, and that may take a while.

Ok they wont transmit instantly. It will be a delayed transmission on TV.

Then I hope Ekstrabladet are ready on their live-blog.

OK, Its already over.

PM is guilty, says the court and he gets ligfetime!

Good!

He also have to pay for the cost of the trial.

The judge explains: that Peter Madsen invited 4 different women on a trip with Nautilus on August 4 and that he had no knowledge of two of the women.

In addition, the court has emphasized that Peter Madsen has high interest in killing, implaement of women and torture.

In addition, the court has emphasized that Peter Madsen posted a number of effects in the submarine, including the saw and an extra boot suit before the Kim Wall tour.
- The court finds that the defendant has not provided a credible explanation as to why he placed them in the submarine.

In addition, the court has emphasized that Peter Madsen has repeatedly changed his explaination on the matter.
- Declared that he perceived the first explanation that more gentle for the deceased's relatives seems untrustworthy, especially in the light of the fact that the body became involved, the judge said.

In addition, the court does find Peter Madsen's explanation of CO poisoning untrustworthy.
"Finally, we emphasized that Peter Madsen at 23.05 wrote a loving sms to his wife," said the judge.

(according to the reporters, PM is not happy with this....he looks down on his desk and has a kind of angry twisted look)

- The court finds it unthinkable and overrides the accused's declaration that he dismembered the body because of his state of mind, the judge says and says that the court does not believe that Peter Madsen was suicidal when he dismembered the body, inter alia because of sms' one to his wife and also because of his behavior when he was rode ashore.

Finally, the court has emphasized the straps that are secured in the case.
"We have not had a credible explanation as to why cut straps were found in the submarine and on the bottom of the ocean," the judge said.

In addition, the judge explains that the court has emphasized the existence of evidence of live violence on the body of Kim Wall.
There is a particular blood discharge in the abdomen and a blood collection in the arch, which the court has emphasized.

The court also finds that it is not likely that Kim Wall was whole and not bleeding, as Peter Madsen explained when he started the dismembering.

"The court finds that Peter Madsen has not given any reasonable explanation as to why he has added a number of stabs to Kim Wall," the judge said, rejecting Peter Madsen's explanation that he added them to shut off gases out of the body.

The judge also states that the court has assessed that there may be a throat cutting as a cause of death.

It is also the coagulated blood, which is secured by Peter Madsen's suit, which has played in the court's decision.

- After an overall assessment, the court finds that the accused has killed Kim Wall, says the judge.

"We also find that he has held her with tension straps and has caused her some of the lesions in her abdomen while she was alive," said the judge.

The judge also says that Peter Madsen has been found guilty of dismembering the body.

Judge Judge Anette Burkø also told the court that Peter Madsen had watched a video of a woman who was beheaded a few hours before Kim Wall's voyage.

However, the court freed Peter Madsen for violation of section 252 of the Criminal Code, which deals with dangerous sailing.

In connection with the criminal investigation, the court has emphasized the following:
"It is a planned killing of a woman who worked as a journalist and who had been randomly invited on a submarine trip," said the judge.

She now asks defense attorney Betina Hald Engmark to talk with her client whether they want to appeal the verdict

Peter Madsen and the lawyer therefore leave the courtroom briefly to discuss.

Now Peter Madsen and the lawyer have returned to the hall.
- I can inform the court that the sentence is appealed, says the defense attorney.

"There is also no reason to oppose continued imprisonment," says the defense attorney

The prosecutor is now getting up to take control of some formalities in connection with the continued imprisonment of Peter Madsen.

Wow! I just went out to make a coffee and...! Good!

The only possible outcome as far as I was concerned. PM is a perverted, horrible and dangerous man who deserves to be imprisoned for a lifetime.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_imprisonment_in_Denmark

In Denmark, a life sentence (Livsvarigt fængsel in Danish) theoretically means life without parole: that prisoners will spend the rest of their lives in prison. However, prisoners are entitled to a pardoning hearing after 12 years, and upon motion of the minister of justice, the Danish King or Queen may grant a pardon, subject to a 5-year probationary period.

Prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment serve an average of 16 years, more for cases considered to be particularly grave. The only example in modern times of an individual serving significantly more than 16 years in prison is Palle Sørensen, who served 33 years for a quadruple police murder. Criminals considered dangerous can be sentenced to indefinite detention, and such prisoners are kept in prison until they are no longer considered dangerous (normally used for mentally ill criminals). On average, they serve 9 years before being released and then they will remain on probation for 5 years. However prisoners eligible for a life sentence are usually not given indefinite detention, as it is considered a lesser sentence than life.

BBM

They haven't thrown the key away yet .... :gaah:

The only possible outcome as far as I was concerned. PM is a perverted, horrible and dangerous man who deserves to be imprisoned for a lifetime.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

That almost goes without saying, I think.

People always have a little niggling fear that the truth may not be seen, especially when defence counsels are doing their best to establish some doubt, but in this case it was so horribly clear and the police and prosecution did such an excellent job, that the only surprise to me was the speed with which the verdict was delivered.

That almost goes without saying, I think.

People always have a little niggling fear that the truth may not be seen, especially when defence counsels are doing their best to establish some doubt, but in this case it was so horribly clear and the police and prosecution did such an excellent job, that the only surprise to me was the speed with which the verdict was delivered.

I had expected that the court would sum up the findings. Will they give the details in writing?

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member