Detective Melich flying to CA to meet with the Padilla's. Confirmed!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They would have to be able to do nuclear DNA testing. And if they could do that then they would know for sure if that was Caylee's DNA in the trunk and would not need to have the father's DNA.

If you want to get specific they most likely got all the DNA they needed and more too from the maggots and flies in the trunk. Flies dead or alive and the larva can be checked for the victim's DNA. Not only their DNA, but what they were feeding off. (specific body parts) Then add the hair and the bacteria on them, BINGO............you have a good case.

That bag of garbage GA threw over the fence at the car impound lot which LE collected most likely told them ALL the information they needed. What they are looking for now, is proving motive. That will be proved with her "friends & boyfriends."

I read that but I was wondering why go to the expense to go out there unless it was for something that you really needed to get done. Hence a very detailed statement from LP or one of his team so that there could be no question about the validity of it when it was given as evidence to a judge or for that fact a jury. I am just trying to figure out why he would go out there when so much can be done via phone, fax, email other LE officers.
This case has had to really put a hurting on OCSO budget.

With it being said that we don't know if they are going to see anyone other than the Ps and yes, there might be some jurisdictional problems, not sure when it is on a base how all that works with outside LE. And he would have to get a court order for the DNA if they demanded it, and they might have trouble getting that with him being so far away and there would be no reason really unless he was on leave and was in the area and they thought that he may have been involved. That is a stretch and they probably couldn't get it.

However, if Yuri went to see the Ps and just tried to stop in and talk to this guy, either officially with legal from the military, or unofficially...just to talk, either way they would try to make him understand that this would be a good idea and if he has nothig to hide, ask if he minds giving his DNA. Whether any speculation (and that it mearly all this is) on Casey telling him or not telling him would only lead him to giving over the DNA. He knows he wasn't there, so it wouldn't help their case and if she had told him, he might want to know and if she hasn't he probably wouldn't even think about it. If he just asks him for it and he agrees to give it to them, it is admissible. And it is always better to try the nice guy, innocently asking route before the demanding one. OF course, all just thoughts.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET! Thanks Tricia and to the poster who alerted her. We always knew LP was the shizzle!! Can't wait to see what becomes of it!

If you want to get specific they most likely got all the DNA they needed and more too from the maggots and flies in the trunk. Flies dead or alive and the larva can be checked for the victim's DNA. Not only their DNA, but what they were feeding off. (specific body parts) Then add the hair and the bacteria on them, BINGO............you have a good case.

That bag of garbage GA threw over the fence at the car impound lot which LE collected most likely told them ALL the information they needed. What they are looking for now, is proving motive. That will be proved with her "friends & boyfriends."

Plus, the stain in the truck glows under a blacklight. There is DNA there too.

What are you talking about? All I was getting at was the fact that they do not need to know who the father is!

They would have to be able to do nuclear DNA testing. And if they could do that then they would know for sure if that was Caylee's DNA in the trunk and would not need to have the father's DNA.

AA, not without a male sample. Caylee's DNA is not Caylee's DNA without a comparison of paternity. That is DNA 101. Yes they can do RFLP testing, if they havent already, but they need the "control" of biodad.
You are categorically incorrect. Yes, they can present Caylee's DNA, but they cant confirm it is her without it. They technically cannot distinguish the properties between Casey and Caylee from a mitochondrial perspective as the samples were presented without the paternal result.

AA, not without a male sample. Caylee's DNA is not Caylee's DNA without a comparison of paternity. That is DNA 101. Yes they can do RFLP testing, if they havent already, but they need the "control" of biodad.
You are categorically incorrect. Yes, they can present Caylee's DNA, but they cant confirm it is her without it. They technically cannot distinguish the properties between Casey and Caylee from a mitochondrial perspective as the samples were presented without the paternal result.
The hair sample may lock it if it shows the band, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink34
not aware of any tissue. The hair, imo, has a partial and mitochondrial result. I have read, several think that means that a full dna was not available from the sample. I disagree entirely. I believe that because paternity has yet to be established, there is no male comparison of paternity of caylee to create the full strand/profile. If it had been casey's as she has living parents, a full dna result would have been possible..

That is exacly why jb tried to slide that motion in last week to stop testing. He knows a comparison resulting in a full dna profile eradicates reasonable doubt as to who was in the trunk.
jackpot
I third that and to tie up loose ends. :slap: :)

I have researched this today. They don't have to have the father's DNA to differentiate it from Casey's. They have Casey's DNA and it will be different than Caylee's if they have different fathers.

That is where the rub may be in this case.........if GA was Caylee's father, the DNA would be "almost" (and I say almost because the Body Farm had a case like that) but they were able to solve it because of DNA testing of race horses and how the the double DNA chains split into separate lengths. and are identifiable by STR. (short tandem repeats)

I have researched this today. They don't have to have the father's DNA to differentiate it from Casey's. They have Casey's DNA and it will be different than Caylee's if they have different fathers.

That is where the rub may be in this case.........if GA was Caylee's father, the DNA would be "almost" (and I say almost because the Body Farm had a case like that) but they were able to solve it because of DNA testing of race horses and how the the double DNA chains split into separate lengths. and are identifiable by STR. (short tandem repeats)

Yes with a full profile, not mitochondrial, I am making that distinction only.
never said they would not "know" her DNA. I said they will need to verify it via her Bio-dad, because I can promise you Baez would say " I t cannot be proved it is her due to .... blah e blahe
blahe

Yes with a full profile, not mitochondrial, I am making that distinction only.
never said they would not "know" her DNA. I said they will need to verify it via her Bio-dad, because I can promise you Baez would say " I t cannot be proved it is her due to .... blah e blahe
blahe

What about the DNA samples they removed from the home (Caylee's toothbrush and hairbrush) could they not use these to compare to the samples in the trunk?

And who is the bio-dad...pick a number...

I know there is speculation and granted for good reason, and I am sure that LE would want to know, or knows already.

:eek::eek:I said previously that..........
they need to line up Orlando males, bring a lot of cotton swabs, and pay the Dr. overtime, because they will
be there a LONG while.:eek::eek:

Maybe she flunked sex ed, and that was why she didn't graduate, u :confused:suppose ?:eek:

The Marine would be most likley at Merimar base in the San Diego area. If LE needed a depostition they could do it through JAG. My son did one for a witness to an car accident when he was home on leave and he had alrady retuned overseas to his duty station by the time they got around to wanting it. This Marine would have to go to his CO if he was contacted about anything with cilvian police.
I was thinking that if LP was out and about talking to people he may have heard about Caseys foundness for sleep overs with the men with badges and anything else her 'work' might have been.
YM may have felt it was better to discuss that issue outside of the many ears of the department.
JMO

F.Y.I. Miramar is a Naval Air Station, not Marine. Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, is probably what you're thinking of...

I missed you chekda!!!

I missed you and my other :thumb: WS sleuthers as well. Took a vacation break but kept on the story. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :blowkiss:

I still think the trip to Ca is about phone records and perhaps something about Casey's "new story" she told Rob. LP has dropped 2 pieces of phone record info that wasn't out there.

The one from no phone activity mid day 27th to mid day 28th. Still not sure if Casey's phone was shut off and that was the cause of the At&T wire check. And the one about casey talking to Hawkins on the 26th. Bet there's some stink about LP having that info.

I'm guessing he could have got the 27-28th's info from someone in the Anthony family and perhaps talked to Hawkins to learn about the 26th's call. jmo

FYI--Miramar is formerly The Naval Air Station, It's now a MCAS
http://www.miramar.usmc.mil/home.htm

Frankly, I think LE should interview every male in Orlando cuz it sure looks like Casey was someone who kept notches on her bedpost. jmo

That's it! I'm setting up my hubby's interview for tomorrow.

Just kiddin, of course. He's got much better taste.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl
Back