Detective Melich flying to CA to meet with the Padilla's. Confirmed!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't really understand why they are leaving FL to search for Caylee. Can someone explain this to me?

My heart goes out to all of LE in this case. What a awful job they have, the poor things are like puppets on a string. Damned if they do / damned if they don't. Casey's camp is calling LE incompetents...refusing to look for Caylee.

Then we have Casey who refuses to give a ounce of credible testimony. Leading LE on wild goose chases...I can't imagine the A camp getting any leads on anything at this point in time.

They can, from a comparison perspective, however, The DNA analysis by virtue of it's percentage of accuracy, MUST be conclusive. It is not enough to prove it "might" be her dna on paper, It must be proven IT IS, through baseline comparison to that of her parents, to be CAYLEE in that car..
Why? without a body, they need to prove who was in that trunk,and I believe they will. I am posting from the standard or burden from the prosecution side, with an understanding of what the defense would rebut.
Right! Cross-examination can make it a mess! Heck half the stuff they may have may not be able to be used in court. BEsides, we dont know what they have. I have a feeling (could be way out there) that the media and the leaks of information that they are feeding the public could be to avoid anyone knowing what direction they are really going in??? Just a thought...

I was under the impression they already have Caylee's DNA profile from when the paternity testing was done with JG?

Caylees mit-dna profile is the same as KC's as it comes from the mother. This would also be shown in the DNA profile that was prepared for the paternity test. As KC, LA, CA, and the Great Gma are clearly not dead, the only person who's hair it can be is Caylee's.

In order to do a complete DNA profile of Caylee, yes, the fathers sample would also be needed but it is not necessary to have it to prove who was in the trunk. Everyone else with the same mit-dna is alive and accounted for. It is clear that the hair must belong to Caylee.

*mit-dna = mitochondrial dna

"Detectives are leaving Florida Tuesday to search for missing Caylee Anthony as the child's mother remains jailed. An Orange County Sheriff's Department official confirmed to Local 6 that investigators will be talking with possible witnesses outside the state for clues into the whereabouts of the child."

It's my opinion that this case is going NO WHERE. I think it looks bad that Yuri is going to California. Seems like Yuri is grasping at straws.

Actually, I think this case is moving right along. Yuri's trip out to California may just include interviewing the man, Mark Hawkins, who was emailing and talking with casey anthony in the period of days prior to her daughter going missing. He may be a wealth of information to LE. IMO.

"Detectives are leaving Florida Tuesday to search for missing Caylee Anthony as the child's mother remains jailed. An Orange County Sheriff's Department official confirmed to Local 6 that investigators will be talking with possible witnesses outside the state for clues into the whereabouts of the child."

It's my opinion that this case is going NO WHERE. I think it looks bad that Yuri is going to California. Seems like Yuri is grasping at straws.

case going nowhere? grasping at straws? it takes TIME to build a casem which is what they are doing here - gathering evidence and building the case. pretty standard. let's not forget they have other cases to deal with as well -it's not like the workload stops for one case. and making sure you are following protocol without making mistakes that could lead to a mistrial, etc is very time-consuming. "going nowhere" is someone that's been missing 5 years without any leads, not 3 months. 3 months is nothing in the legal system. I know we're all anxious to see this get resolved but people, let's have some patience here...

case going nowhere? grasping at straws? it takes TIME to build a casem which is what they are doing here - gathering evidence and building the case. pretty standard. let's not forget they have other cases to deal with as well -it's not like the workload stops for one case. and making sure you are following protocol without making mistakes that could lead to a mistrial, etc is very time-consuming. "going nowhere" is someone that's been missing 5 years without any leads, not 3 months. 3 months is nothing in the legal system. I know we're all anxious to see this get resolved but people, let's have some patience here...
Yes, and I keep saying. We dont have all of their information... from either side! Therefore, we really can't connect the dots!

Another article on the search for info going outside Florida (I take it, this means what you all are chatting about ie California?)
http://www.local6.com/news/17483396/detail.html

Yeah that is the same link I posted above. It doesn't mention M going to Cali though. To me this article makes it seem more like they are searching outside of FL for info in other places. Maybe to please the Anthony's that they do follow up on leads on a "live" Caylee as well as the other.

definitely possible. i just think in this day and age, and sadly enough for sure, when an unattached female tells a unattchaed male she's pregnant, he asks for proof first. i don't think she'd get very far with it once she hit that step, unless she did in fact take his dna without him knowing.

Particularly since KC comes up with different "fathers" depending on what she had for breakfast, and the alignment of the stars, that day.

I think the period where there was NO activity on KC's cell phone was actually when she was looking for a place to dump the body. It is too commonly known in other cases that the cell phone pings helped to locate bodies, etc. I would have turned it off and left it in one location during that time. Any incoming calls would have gone to voicemail and no one would have heard a ringing, unanswered phone to question it being left behind. JMO

Not aware of any tissue. The hair, imo, has a partial and mitochondrial result. I have read, several think that means that a full DNA was not available from the sample. I disagree entirely. I believe that because paternity has yet to be established, there is no male comparison of paternity of Caylee to create the full strand/profile. If it had been Casey's as she has living parents, a full dna result would have been possible..

That is exacly why JB tried to slide that motion in last week to stop testing. He knows a comparison resulting in a full DNA profile eradicates reasonable doubt as to who was in the trunk.

Even with the mitochondrial DNA? Nooooo!

They can STILL prove who the mother was (or whose maternal line, it is).

NONE of that washes..................here is the info from the article you linked.

Investigators believe the suspect’s motive may have been sexual assault. She was pulled from the trail and dragged into the woods. Sources said her body was found off the trail near the shoe bend before the bridge.

So a sexual assault would absolutely exclude the possibility that Casey was a witness to the crime? Where NG was found absolutely excludes the possibility that Casey transported the murder weapon?

I understand. Please don't take my comments as criticism. I'm just providing my view on why I don't think those ideas aren,t feasible. If the body of Nicole had been transported in KC's car, my point was the tissue wouldn't have been that decomposed for the detectives to find in that car.

Also, the case is in the hands of homicide detectives as we speak. My guess is they are waiting for the ultimate evidence to make it an air tight case before making an arrest with the ultimate charges.

We don't know that there was any tissue. We have only been told that there was decomp fluid and hair.

Which is patently incorrect to establish the full blown
result.

If they have Cayless DNA from other sources such as her toothbrush, mitDNA comparison with Casey would confirm to any court of law in the land whether or not the hair belonged to Caylee. They don't need her father's dna. I'm curious to know who is though.

I believe this is being handled by homicide detectives. To the best of my knowledge, Orange County doesn't have a missing person's unit. I think Yuri & Company are homicide detectives, although it is not classified as a homicide investigation.

Yuri Melich is a Missing Person's detective with the Missing Person's Unit of OCSD. OCSD certainly does have a homicide unit.

Yes with a full profile, not mitochondrial, I am making that distinction only.
never said they would not "know" her DNA. I said they will need to verify it via her Bio-dad, because I can promise you Baez would say " I t cannot be proved it is her due to .... blah e blahe
blahe

But, what other maternal-line Anthony is dead or missing?

Too many coincidences... Does anyone know who's #218 Apt. was at Saw Grass? I wonder if it was DS.

On NG yesterday, I think she said KC had friends in 218.

yes, but full of holes in a court room, it becomes battle of the experts.

But, the FBI experts carry a lot of weight with most people.

Maybe more than a "hired gun" would.

I don't really understand why they are leaving FL to search for Caylee. Can someone explain this to me?

They aren't. They are leaving FL to interview at least one witness- LP.

Right! Cross-examination can make it a mess! Heck half the stuff they may have may not be able to be used in court. BEsides, we dont know what they have. I have a feeling (could be way out there) that the media and the leaks of information that they are feeding the public could be to avoid anyone knowing what direction they are really going in??? Just a thought...

I have a feeling they have a TON of stuff that is reallt critical. But, I think they are doting "is" and crossing "ts"

Yuri isn't grasping at straws. It does not look bad that he is going to such great lengths to prove his case either. Quite the opposite, imo. The case is moving in the right direction and you can read the 400 pages to know this is true (that is only info they released...plenty more they did not have to!). They are being methodical and taking time to insure the desired outcome here. Bravo! I wouldn't want it any other way. :woohoo:

For those interested in DNA 101

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backissu/april2005/standards/2005_04_standards02.htm

Found the above reference document some time ago when trying to understand the meaning of LE's initial DNA/hair disclosures. I had to dig a bit to find this - not the first thing that pops up when googling. Given the DNA discussion on this thread, thought some might be interested in plowing through this document, or saving it for later.

Maybe we could start a "Reference Materials" thread. Never hurts to be ready for trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots
Back