DETECTIVES: Chris Jenkins murder connects dozens around country

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can back you up on that. I remember that too. It's talked about in the Hilton thread somewhere.

Thanks, I don't feel totally nutso. :)

I don't know what other "big" cases would have been in the forefront back in January. Hmmm, this is going to frustrate me now.

It was discussed on the Hilton thread, but it was mentioned on an older case so it wouldn't be Jan.

I hope other LE and the F.B.I. look into this. I hope they don't try to say these two detectives are crazy. Because I think they are on target. From the time I read about this, I have thought there was a serial killer. I wonder if Justin Gaines and Kyle Fleischman were targets too.

It made me so angry at the time, Mcdraw! I thought it was so ridiculous to think all these boys got drunk and simply stumbled into a river in the dead of winter. We have a river very near our busiest bar district and have only lost one young man due to him deciding to "raft" on an innertube while the water was high after a party as his house. It never made sense to me that drunk people would actually walk into a river!

The mention of a van and Chris' mom saying he was driven around and tortured before being murdered caught me off guard. She obviously has info we haven't heard of yet. IIRC, his body didn't show any signs of trauma. I wonder what type of torture she is talking about? Mental?

That caught me off guard too, SQ. When I was studying these cases, I don't recall seeing anything about signs of torture on their bodies. I don't remember though if the bodies were too bloated etc to tell though either. Maybe that's just something they kept from the public, but then again, these were ruled accidents in most cases... :confused:

The mention of a van and Chris' mom saying he was driven around and tortured before being murdered caught me off guard. She obviously has info we haven't heard of yet. IIRC, his body didn't show any signs of trauma. I wonder what type of torture she is talking about? Mental?

I wonder if they really looked for any signs of trauma.

Maybe they assumed incorrectly the men had bruising or cuts due to either being drunk/stumbling into things or the intial fall into the river or lacerations from being bumped into various things while in the water.

It made me so angry at the time, Mcdraw! I thought it was so ridiculous to think all these boys got drunk and simply stumbled into a river in the dead of winter. We have a river very near our busiest bar district and have only lost one young man due to him deciding to "raft" on an innertube while the water was high after a party as his house. It never made sense to me that drunk people would actually walk into a river!

I just can't see that drunks would walk into water either and that they would drown. You may have one every now and then. But there are just too many "drunks" accidentally drowning and they are all around the same age. I also wonder if these killers go into a bar and pick their target. Then maybe slip the GHB drug in their drink then follow them out. Maybe they watch to see who ends up alone? I hope other agencies start to investigate too.

SS, that is what I think happened. I think they assumed it was an accident. Saw the cuts, bruises, etc. and just asssumed it was from the "accident". And just didn't investigate any further.

My thought was they did wait for them outside and "lead" them to the water where they were drowned on purpose. According to various reports, the men were drinking excessively tho so I don't think GHB was neccessary.

I was wondering if part of the torture involved forcing the young men to drink large quantities of alcohol.

Apparently some of the guys had BALs high enough that they should have been comatose.

I reasoned that whoever was doing this wanted their vics to be very drunk and unable to fight back effectively. I don't know if drinking more alcohol would have to be forced on a drunk person, but I guess it is possible.

I think the fact they were inebriated only made it easier to slip something in their drinks. I think a drug would have been used to make sure the vics couldn't fight back and if they survived, they wouldn't remember much.

I know LE and civic leaders have been quick to point out that young college men drink way too much and that drunks do stupid things. But what about other populations of drinkers? Homeless drunks comes to mind. I would expect to see more of them than anyone else in the rivers. And college women are catching up to men in their behaviors. So why aren't we hearing about dozens of homeless men and young college women found dead in the rivers? I can understand not reporting on homeless deaths. The media rarely does. But young college women would have been.

Now Fran has in one of the other threads came up with two possibilities for the smiley. One is ecstasy tabs with smiley faces on them. Which is interesting since drugging could be a factor here. Then there is a link to a sinister comic book series about a psychopathic serial killer.

Just have to add this ..in Stephen Kings trilogy about THE STAND..his main evil character had as a teen left home..was a male and was raped..after that he felt he could never return to his old life/self. Guess what button he always wore on his lapels..a smiley face button. I noticed if you go to the Chris Jenkins rememberance site they have a link for people to click on to go to sexual predators link..could these crimes be committed by males who are in a sexual predator ring focusing on 20 something guys?

Since his mom knows he was driven around in a van for five or more hours and tortured before he was murdered and dumped in the water..could this be a wierd *advertiser censored* ring that videos sexual torture to males? Farfetched I know..but when I watched that video and read the other articles ..it made me go hmm......

I posted this on the other thread, but I think it is important to remember what kind of "gang" or group they consider are doing this:

As far as who this "gang" of people are that the Detectives reason to have done this...my initial theory would be it is connected to a college underground group perhaps associated to a fraternity or an internet group. As they are finding them to be connected in different states, it would suggest they definitely have a common goal or motive. They have to be in contact. Like they mentioned, there is even a Hierarchy involved.

I posted this on the other thread, but I think it is important to remember what kind of "gang" or group they consider are doing this:

As far as who this "gang" of people are that the Detectives reason to have done this...my initial theory would be it is connected to a college underground group perhaps associated to a fraternity or an internet group. As they are finding them to be connected in different states, it would suggest they definitely have a common goal or motive. They have to be in contact. Like they mentioned, there is even a Hierarchy involved.

Absolutely agree SS.. I am still thinking that they have a conection to the Smiley Face through Stephen Kings Trilogy and that represents something to them.

I have been online researching any connection to the smiley face and groups. (Also looking at tattoos, symbols, and games.)

I looked it up and read through the characters and story line on wiki. I don't see it. Sorry.

Nothing I read would make a connection to murdering drunk college age males. It must have a significance to them which is a sign to other members as they did not expect the detectives to ever make the connection. Because they are leaving it as a sign of their deeds...who is looking? Are they taking photos and posting them somewhere of just the signs? They are meant for the rest of the group to see...so how are they "seeing" it if they are in other areas of the country? My guess would be the internet.

Wow - it has been years since The Stand was first published. I'm trying to think. I have the book here somewhere, let me find it.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member