Detectives say Caylee is dead - discuss

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It goes back to the 911 calls, imo. CA called because she was enraged about the money and the car not because Caylee was missing. If she had not made those calls, they could have spun this for years with exactly what you are saying. No one would have noticed, but CA's anger got the best of her and with her famous line, "I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!"...you will never make me believe they did not know. LA knew. GA knew. And CA knew. The cover-up began before LE arrived with cleaning the car out, washing her clothes, etc.

SS: I agree with you on this, but for me... when I began to believe CA knew what really happened was when CA and KC were on the phone from jail and KC said, "Mom, you don't know what MY involvement is"? I was so confused when KC said that. SS.. what did you think KC meant when she said that to her mom???

My first impression was that Casey implied that CA already knew her involvement. This hasn't changed. It is still my impression after hearing it over and over.

They might "know" that Caylee is gone, but in their hearts it might be hard for them to accept it. They hold on to every scrap of hope that she is alive. I don't believe for one minute that they are involved in what happend to Caylee, nor did they help dispose of her.
I'm angry that they dissed Tim M., yes... but I think Cindy and George were disappointed when they learned that Tim and his crew were searching for a dead body... Cindy thought they were coming to look for a live Caylee, and when she found out where they were searching, it hit her hard.

I feel they are involved, after the fact. They have been obstructing and hindering the investigation with their Caylee sightings which are nothing more than smokescreens to take the heat off Casey. They can't get their dates straight, they keep changing their stories, LE gave Cindy fair warning on how they feel she is hindering their investigation and they couldn't stand side by side.

When Cindy first called this in, initiated this call, she and GA were at their most honest, most raw emotions. Cindy knew something was wrong, she said it in her 911 call. After Casey was bonded out, (the first time by LP), the results from the body farm and DNA from the FBI lab, is when they started on their damage control efforts for Casey. They have recinded and backtracked on all they've said.

In one of Cindy's interviews with LE, she did say, she was greiving the loss of her grandchild. I wouldn't use the word loss if I truly thought my grandchild was kidnapped.

Cindy has aged 10 years, she's lost weight, her face shows the torment/distress she is going through but I feel she should be Caylee's voice, even if that means Casey is on her own. She can still continue to love and support Casey but should be standing up for Caylee and not protecting the one and only one who is responsible for that, Casey. Casey Anthony is an adult who can fend for herself. Why are they not doing that for Caylee? Caylee can't speak for herself, she has been silenced in the most horrific way by the one who was to love, care and protect that precious child.

I can't wait for the day we all hear Casey Anthony charged with the murder of her daughter.

My first impression was that Casey implied that CA already knew her involvement. This hasn't changed. It is still my impression after hearing it over and over.

SS: I agree, when I heard KC say that I knew CA knew something more than what she is telling LE.

It goes back to the 911 calls, imo. CA called because she was enraged about the money and the car not because Caylee was missing. If she had not made those calls, they could have spun this for years with exactly what you are saying. No one would have noticed, but CA's anger got the best of her and with her famous line, "I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!"...you will never make me believe they did not know. LA knew. GA knew. And CA knew. The cover-up began before LE arrived with cleaning the car out, washing her clothes, etc.

I so agree with you! Even if they didnt want to think the worst it hit them like a WAVE. If my son's child was missing (im not a grandma yet, thank god) and things just didnt seem right i would question him until what he told could make since and i mean in reality. I honestly believe if he were involved in something like this i would not abandom him but i also would not cover up wash items. Im sure i can say this because he was charged with embeslement from a past employer. My first thought was ok could he have done this? So i started looking back into the months the money was missing and I came to the conclusion he did not. I will tell you why first off he couldnt afford his cell phone so that was shut off (he was 18). He couldnt afford to pay a ticket he had gotten, and there were no new cd's or new speakers for his car (he has a firebird) No matter how hard i tryed to see if there were extra's being bought i couldnt find any. They also accused him of stealing bags of french frys, there were never any french frys brought to my house. My son also came home everynight. So with my first thoughts that yes he could be guilty i had to look at every thing to come to the conclusion he did not do this. So i honestly believe if any thing like what is going on with the A's i would not act like them for one minute.

I disagree with the family having knowledge before all this came out. :)
I believe Caylee has been dead since as early as June 16th, and I don't believe for one second it was any kind of accident. IMO, Casey killed her.
IMO, Cindy was pursuing the money and car angle as leverage to force Casey to produce Caylee. I believe the testimony given that she was looking for them, that she was asking Casey to see Caylee, and that she really did send Lee out looking for them.
What I don't believe is Cindy, George, and/or Lee are not aware on some level that Caylee is dead. In fact, I think all of them felt this when they came in contact with the car, and I think Lee consciously believed it within the first couple of days afterwards. I think George also knows, but not sure what his 'ah ha' moment was. Cindy, I am still not sure about. Probably, but on the other hand, I would expect to see more evidence of breakdown.
I also believe Cindy has deliberately lied to LE since this all came out, and it may make me heartless, but I hope some charges are filed against her when the time is right.
Lanie

Denial is a powerful thing that obviously takes over people's minds, even grandparents who are normally loving. We saw this with Scott Peterson's parents. They slandered Laci and didn't seem to care about the grandchild they lost, even when it was obvious their son was a cold-hearted murderer who routinely lied to everyone, including his own mother.

People who are sociopaths like Scott and probably Casey don't get that way in a vacuum. Their parents looked the other way and excused their behavior so often they think they can get away with anything, and the egos of these criminals become monsters that ruin the lives of others and lead to death for their children. And the grandparents look the other way because they can't accept that the "myth" of their perfect child isn't true.

There is a huge difference in a parent choosing to look the other way to pretend it didn't happen and actively helping to cover up a murder of a child.

Scott P's mother wasn't out cleaning the boat for her son and washing the clothing he possibly wore the day Lacy went missing.

I believe Caylee has been dead since as early as June 16th, and I don't believe for one second it was any kind of accident. IMO, Casey killed her.
IMO, Cindy was pursuing the money and car angle as leverage to force Casey to produce Caylee. I believe the testimony given that she was looking for them, that she was asking Casey to see Caylee, and that she really did send Lee out looking for them.
What I don't believe is Cindy, George, and/or Lee are not aware on some level that Caylee is dead. In fact, I think all of them felt this when they came in contact with the car, and I think Lee consciously believed it within the first couple of days afterwards. I think George also knows, but not sure what his 'ah ha' moment was. Cindy, I am still not sure about. Probably, but on the other hand, I would expect to see more evidence of breakdown.
I also believe Cindy has deliberately lied to LE since this all came out, and it may make me heartless, but I hope some charges are filed against her when the time is right.
Lanie

EXACTLY ! Thank for sharing an opinion
which I also subscribe to ! :blowkiss:

I feel they are involved, after the fact. They have been obstructing and hindering the investigation with their Caylee sightings which are nothing more than smokescreens to take the heat off Casey. They can't get their dates straight, they keep changing their stories, LE gave Cindy fair warning on how they feel she is hindering their investigation and they couldn't stand side by side.

When Cindy first called this in, initiated this call, she and GA were at their most honest, most raw emotions. Cindy knew something was wrong, she said it in her 911 call. After Casey was bonded out, (the first time by LP), the results from the body farm and DNA from the FBI lab, is when they started on their damage control efforts for Casey. They have recinded and backtracked on all they've said.

In one of Cindy's interviews with LE, she did say, she was greiving the loss of her grandchild. I wouldn't use the word loss if I truly thought my grandchild was kidnapped.

Cindy has aged 10 years, she's lost weight, her face shows the torment/distress she is going through but I feel she should be Caylee's voice, even if that means Casey is on her own. She can still continue to love and support Casey but should be standing up for Caylee and not protecting the one and only one who is responsible for that, Casey. Casey Anthony is an adult who can fend for herself. Why are they not doing that for Caylee? Caylee can't speak for herself, she has been silenced in the most horrific way by the one who was to love, care and protect that precious child.

I can't wait for the day we all hear Casey Anthony charged with the murder of her daughter.

I think that the 1 one who "wears the pants" in that house, (CINDY), has always forced everyone to continue to overlook wrongs committed by her darling "baby," for everyone to look the other way
place the blame on others, and NEVER hold Casey accountable for her actions. This entire family are in need of serious, intensive therapy, IMO, and will probably NEVER get it.:boohoo:

The entire Anthony clan should have been in grief counseling when this situation FIRST arose.:eek: Whether they chose 2 believe that Caylee was dead or not, they still suffered a loss when she was "kidnapped, taken, or misplaced." The physical appearance of Cindy is a dead ringer for that. LOL And Casey is without a care in the world, and looks great, because she thinks HER MOTHER WILL POSSSIBLY FIX THIS ONE TOO !:furious:

Lanie

:clap::clap::clap: My feelings exactly

Interesting quote from CA:

"Cindy Anthony also said they should not believe media coverage of the case -- presumably the reporting of investigators' suggestion that Caylee may be dead -- that she says is "fabricated."
"It's going to take a lot of you guys' positive thinking to bring her home," she said."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee0608oct06,0,6848118.story

I think positively that if Casey opened up her giant lying mouth and told a truth for once, Caylee could be brought home and laid to rest.

The only things "fabricated" are the ridiculous stories made up by her daughter and the fact the family actually believes KC. These people are delusional at best ... what they need is to give KC a little "tough love" and boot her out of the house and back to the can. I honestly can't stand this family ... they are wasting taxpayer dollars by the thousands and IMO, are trying to profit through the media.

There is a huge difference in a parent choosing to look the other way to pretend it didn't happen and actively helping to cover up a murder of a child.

Scott P's mother wasn't out cleaning the boat for her son and washing the clothing he possibly wore the day Lacy went missing.

No, she just helped remove evidence from the house:eek:, got cleaning bags and supplies, and took the ironing board!!!

<<Scott P's mother wasn't out cleaning the boat>>

What boat? LOL! She didn't even know he had one. And if she had found out ..... DENY DENY DENY

This thread title says to discuss the Detectives saying Caylee is dead so let me start there. I think those detectives are experienced and trained. They knew she was probably gone when Casey acted as she did right off the bat. Percentages say that when the parent of a missing child can only lie, they are involved.

Second, I just read the last few pages. I like the way a lot of you use common sense when stating your opinions. I have slowed the amount I read on WS but have re-found quite a few posters from this thread that I will have to make an effort to follow again. Thanks for the cerebral jog.

I believe the police know what they are doing and that beautiful Caylee is probably not with us anymore. There are two things that give me a glimmer of hope though. One is when Casey was talking or texting on the phone to someone (her boyfriend, maybe), she stopped to check that Caylee was okay, and two, is that the searches on her computer were not for how to murder a child, but to missing child websites.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalalala
Back