*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest concern is some sort of small "dirty bomb". Wouldn't put it passed him, he would have pretty extensive knowledge of mixing chemicals.

This is a concern of mine as well.

If anyone in there had been carrying a sidearm it may have saved a few lives. This is the reason you pack heat.

I thought the same thing, but then read he was wearing a bullet proof vest and a gas mask. A handgun would be no match against the armor plus the firepower he brought with him. Now if SEVERAL people were armed, that might be different. But still very tough to defend against. Add in the smoke bomb or tear gas, the dark theater, etc, and getting a head shot or leg shot becomes even harder.

oh my over 3000 ppl listening to the local scanner

Per CNN a Reporter who escaped the Toronto Eaton Cente Mall shooting was one of the Victims. She had just moved to Colorado to pursue her career. I believe it was stated she was from Texas :rose:

Unless this is giving details as to how to disarm these apartment bombs he in NOT co operating.

Agreed. It could have been his way of getting maximum exposure, having a live incident still rolling as America woke up and throughout the day. Here's hoping the explosives are duds.

This was a first showing premiere, that being the case I wonder how many people first thought this was some sort of special side show for entertainment purposes, at first.

If anyone in there had been carrying a sidearm it may have saved a few lives. This is the reason you pack heat.

Many witnesses have said exactly that. The smoke started first and they thought it was part of the show. Then when the gunfire started it was at a gunfight scene and many people didn't know there were actual shots being fired inside until people who were shot started getting up and shouting.

Colo. suspect's family: 'Hearts go out to' victims
By THOMAS PEIPERT, AP
15 minutes ago

AURORA, Colo. — A neuroscience graduate student in a gas mask barged into a crowded Denver-area theater during a midnight showing of the Batman movie on Friday, hurled a gas canister and then opened fire, killing 12 people and injuring at least 50 others in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history.

When the smoke began to spread, some moviegoers thought it was a stunt that was part of the "The Dark Knight Rises," one of the most highly anticipated films of the summer. They saw a silhouette of a person in the haze near the screen, first pointing a gun at the crowd and then shooting...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120720/US.Colorado.Shooting/?cid=hero_media_den

Per CNN speculation. He purchased a ticket and entered the theatre. Left by the exit and propped the door open. Went to his car which was parked behind the Theatre and geared up. Luv Mike Brooks he is such a voice of reason and experience. Perhaps today's presser with LE will confirm.

No alarms on the exit doors I guess.

He entered through an exit door. However multiple witness accounts describe someone in the theater going exiting through an exit door before the attacks. IMO - that was the shooter. IMO - he parked his car outside, bought a ticket and went into the theater, then exited through the door, propping it open, and came back in with his armor and guns.

I bet that's right. That's the only thing that makes sense unless someone helped him get in.

I thought the same thing, but then read he was wearing a bullet proof vest and a gas mask. A handgun would be no match against the armor plus the firepower he brought with him. Now if SEVERAL people were armed, that might be different. But still very tough to defend against. Add in the smoke bomb or tear gas, the dark theater, etc, and getting a head shot or leg shot becomes even harder.

Yes for sure, very tough, I am not trying to sound like some yahoo hero or anything, it is tough when someone just starts spraying bullets like that in to a crowd. I didnt know he had armor on, I guess he was serious.

This was a first showing premiere, that being the case I wonder how many people first thought this was some sort of special side show for entertainment purposes, at first.

From the witness statements, it was very hard to see after the tear gas hit your eyes and with the gunman in black and the theater dark, it may have been very hard to accurately pick out a target.

Not a criticism here, just curious, how do you feel sitting there, more or less hearing this in real time?
God bless you, Cherie

CNN reporting mass shooting 10 people murdered at midnight premier of the new BatMan movie.
Some saying bombs and gunfire.

20-30 injuried

Children hurt

Prayers to all
So sad

There was an article yesterday that Rotten Tomatoes was suspending reviews for the movie - first time ever such a suspension made - due to the amount of death threats the movie was receiving. Was expected to be a short suspension. I did not read the article. Only the headline. It was lengthy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech