*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama is talking on CNN right now about it and am having a hard time with his speech. He called it a war in Colorado. Not for nuttin but the comparison is completely inappropriate especially given that he's at a Veterans of Foreign Wars gathering. While I appreciate the victims went through hell the other day, those who survived were able to retreat to safety and the physical threat was over. Soldiers face gunfire and gotta keep fighting until the war is over or their tour is over :(

anyone heard that mom is gonna speak today that would be awesome and enlightening????????????????????????????????

I heard yes-- but anyone else know anything? time EST!

Family of Colo. shooting suspect to make statement
LIVE STREAM @ 1PM: Watch the complete news conference.

"A lawyer representing family members of the suspect in the Colorado mass shooting plans to hold a news conference Monday in downtown San Diego."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/19090499/family-of-colo-shooting-suspect-to-make-statement

I have a buddy that commented on one of the guns that JH used.. the AR15.

He said they are not as powerful as being made out to be. He said they designed to injure, not kill (military mindset being take someone down but not kill them which means at least one more soldier has to help carry the wounded off the battlefield)

Not sure how accurate that is but thought I'd pass that along here and see.

**** HAIR TALK, don't read it if you don't care about this topic******

Does anyone think this red hair looks a bit like a wig? Or is it just roots I'm seeing?

Best-
Herding Cats

just the dark roots with his real hair color. I guess he dyed his hair a month ago, you need to bleach with peroxide long enough to become blonde and afterwards use the manic panic, fudge, stargazer, directions or other funky haircolor brand. Also bleaching makes your hair quite dry, you need deep conditioning or else it looks awful, it seems he stopped combing his hair or likes backcombing so it looks a bit like he had a perm, it looks curly, think Jesus & Mary Chain band members in the 80's... Maybe this is why it looks like a wig. JMHO

I've noticed he plucks his eyebrows, it looked different, thicker than in his old photos. I wonder why he started doing this. Yeah I know his appereance is not important in the grand scheme of things but it does reflect his state of mind or current lifestyle. A change of personal groom, image, hair, can be important, especially if the person used to be very formal/nerd looking. MOO

The University of Colorado at Denver is expected to hold a news briefing on James Holmes' involvement in their Ph.D. program. That briefing is expected to start at or around 3:30 PM ET.

The attorney representing the family of James Holmes is expected to hold a news briefing at 4:00 PM ET. It's not known what the attorney will be discussing.

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Colorado_Dark_Knight_Shooting/35742889

Wasn't 3:30EST like 30 minutes ago? Or am I losing it?

Good Mother is clearing up mis-statements by media.

I have a buddy that commented on one of the guns that JH used.. the AR15.

He said they are not as powerful as being made out to be. He said they designed to injure, not kill (military mindset being take someone down but not kill them which means at least one more soldier has to help carry the wounded off the battlefield)

Not sure how accurate that is but thought I'd pass that along here and see.
Considering 12 people were killed during the shooting I fail to see how that could possibly be accurate.

Remember Loughner was found not competent to stand trial and he is currently undergroing forced psychotropic med treatment to make him competent to stand trial, I could see that happen here and that is much different than an insanity plea.

I think JH IS mentally ill on some level and of some variety but that does NOT mean he is legally insane, he may or may not be, at the very least I would suggest he may not be competent to stand trial and that will be determined by the doctors that examine him. He def was not competent enough to take part in his defense TODAY, he COULD BE FAKING, I do NOT think he is, but it is NOT easy to trick a bunch of doctors so they have their ways of finding out if one is faking or not.

Also he could be batshit crazy insane and STILL plan as he did, that is very possible, some of you are putting mental illness in a little box and trying to define it narrowly, it is a terribly complex disease/sickness that can show its head and rear its ugly face in a variety of ways many of which doctors probably have not even discovered yet.

Remember Loughner was found not competent to stand trial and he is currently undergroing forced psychotropic med treatment to make him competent to stand trial, I could see that happen here and that is much different than an insanity plea.

There was a lot more info on Loughner's bizarre behavior than in this case.

I posted the link, but I can't see anything. Not working on my pc.

mother meant that they had reached the right person (meaning her) not that her son was the right person if they were looking for a shooter

try case in courtroom

family is doing as well as they can considering

don't accept that statements are true from people just because they are making the statements.

mother meant that they had reached the right person (meaning her) not that her son was the right person if they were looking for a shooter

try case in courtroom

don't accept that statements are true from people just because they are making the statements.

I am happy she cleared that up. I assumed it was taken out of context all along.

They won't make any comments re: JH or their relationship with him. Seeking privacy.

try case in courtroom

I figured that out all along.
It made no sense whatsoever otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads