*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lone gunmen always a law enforcement challenge

The lone gunman keeps law enforcement officers across the country awake at night.

He's hard to pick out of a crowd. He has no criminal record. Often, he hasn't told anyone about his plans. He's compiled a weapons cache legally. He doesn't show up on any law enforcement radar until after he's acted.

The government has been more successful stopping al-Qaida from pulling off another Sept. 11-type attack than it has in preventing deadly shooting sprees such as the one in the movie theater in Aurora, Colo.

Many lone gunmen and lone wolf terrorists are intelligent and have normal cognitive functions, such as the ability to remember things, pay attention and concentrate, said Kathleen Puckett, a former FBI behavioral expert. Puckett did a study in 2001 for the FBI that examined lone offenders, terrorists and shooters. "Basically there was no common denominator outwardly that you could see," she said.

This leaves any hope of stopping someone like Holmes to the average person to say something if he sees something suspicious, said Christopher Voss, a former FBI agent and hostage negotiator. It's on the government to reassure people that they're not being paranoid, or overreacting, when they see something that doesn't seem right, he said.

"That's really the only defense against lone gunmen - for someone to have said something when they wrote off their observations and instincts," Voss said

http://www.wsmv.com/story/19082737/lone-gunmen-always-a-law-enforcement-challenge

***This is a great article to read.......sheds some light

I think the public should be warned that police are looking for a POI who is missing.
Instead police were acting as if it was a done deal and there is nothing more to worry about.

I have been saying this all along!!!! The very early reports were that someone held the door open, so that Holmes could get in.

Police in Colorado say the suspect in one of the worst shootings in U.S. history is not cooperating with authorities.
Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates says 24-year-old James Holmes has “lawyered up” and is not talking.

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/news/policeaurora-shooting-suspect-not-cooperating/

Wonder if they have wiped that smirk off his face???

Yep and how is that for a person who has no control over his Faculties :banghead: Again just an evil,Psychopathic killer. He knows enough to STFU.

It never crossed my mind that I would insult anyone. Sorry, I'm didn't say it because I wanted to blame anyone.

I have suffered from depression, as well, and have learned that some of my very own thought processes needed to be changed. I think we can have some control over our mental health. It's like if you want to avoid getting any other illness, you might have to avoid eating sugar or whatever.

I didn't feel insulted. I'm just sensitive to implications that sufferers are to blame for their own illness or in some cases responsible for perpetuating it. When I had my worst episode ever (precipitated by a profound betrayal by a friend), well-meaning but clueless people would say stuff to me like, "Don't you think it's time to start getting over it?" I thought but didn't say, "Great idea! I should just GET OVER IT! Why didn't I think of that?" They didn't get that I wasn't remaining depressed because I wanted to remain depressed and that I was really doing my best to get over it.

I agree that we can have some control over our mental health depending on the situation. But not always.

Anyway, peace. :seeya:

Another awesome post. I think there is a manifesto. Whether it existed in his own mind or others were to have discovered it. Game on. If u get thru the booby trap ya might find the answer to the "Riddle" This guy is complex yet run of the mill. Of course :moo: He is an actor and we are his stage.

I thought I heard on the NBC nightly news that they removed a desktop computer. I would think he would also have a laptop he used for his studies and/or presentations. Perhaps a misquote by reporter or missing from apartment??

Yeah, "riddle me this".....

The first time shooting suspect Holmes walked into Original Aurora Liquor - about four blocks from his Aurora apartment - a year ago, a Palestinian immigrant who works behind the counter mistook him for an Iranian.

“Are you Iranian?” employee Joseph Nasser, 50, asked Holmes, who he said became visibly angry.

“What?! I’m no (expletive) Iranian,” Holmes replied, according to Nasser, who has worked at the store seven years.

Nasser said Holmes looked like an Iranian customer who frequented the store at the time.

The next time he came in, Nasser said, Holmes apologized for his outburst. Nasser said Holmes came in a number of times over the past year, alone as best he could remember, and would usually buy a six pack of beer.

Good article

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...puzzle-to-friends-authorities/article4433791/

I thought I heard on the NBC nightly news that they removed a desktop computer. I would think he would also have a laptop he used for his studies and/or presentations. Perhaps a misquote by reporter or missing from apartment??

I am pretty sure I saw a photo today of LE removing a laptop from the apartment. Sorry, I've looked at so many different stories today I wouldn't know where to begin to find a link.

I saw a photo of an officer carrying out a laptop in an article with a series of photos posted yesterday.

I have been saying this all along!!!! The very early reports were that someone held the door open, so that Holmes could get in.

There are literally dozens of witnesses. Only one of them thinks there were two perps.

I used to leave weird greetings on my voicemail (answering machine actually) when I was younger (in my first place just out of high school) I didn't do that for long though because once in a while someone important would call and I'd get an uummmm yeahh welll.. and then they'd leave a message lol.

I did too. Typically it was welcome to another winter of my discontent. It meant nothing other than i hate winter.

There are literally dozens of witnesses. Only one of them thinks there were two perps.

Agree. No way would this guy share the limelight. It was up close and personal :moo:

I did too. Typically it was welcome to another winter of my discontent. It meant nothing other than i hate winter.
What? You weren't quoting Shakespeare??
Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this son of York;
And all the clouds that low'r'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

Agree. No way would this guy share the limelight. It was up close and personal :moo:

There are not always "lone wolves." There were two shooters in Columbine. But police assured us that JH acted alone.
Since we are not privy to all the info police has, I am sure they know better.

I didn't feel insulted. I'm just sensitive to implications that sufferers are to blame for their own illness or in some cases responsible for perpetuating it. When I had my worst episode ever (precipitated by a profound betrayal by a friend), well-meaning but clueless people would say stuff to me like, "Don't you think it's time to start getting over it?" I thought but didn't say, "Great idea! I should just GET OVER IT! Why didn't I think of that?" They didn't get that I wasn't remaining depressed because I wanted to remain depressed and that I was really doing my best to get over it.

I agree that we can have some control over our mental health depending on the situation. But not always.

Anyway, peace. :seeya:

Sounds like we're coming from the same place, literally, as I'm in SD too.

You sound like a very nice person. It's a struggle. I try to keep tabs on my thoughts because it's so easy to fall into depression these days. I managed to successfully quit antidepressants because I felt that swung me into bi-polar. I've been off meds for over ten years now. As I said, it's a struggle. Just remember, you're not alone.

I am pretty sure I saw a photo today of LE removing a laptop from the apartment. Sorry, I've looked at so many different stories today I wouldn't know where to begin to find a link.

I saw it too

What? You weren't quoting Shakespeare??

ROFLMAO :floorlaugh: Actually it was a quote from a movie. It personified my University Experience. The movie "Reality Bites" Somehow i managed to stay in the real world :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member