*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, more about the UC Neuroscience password protected website--maybe someone else had already noticed this and I missed it:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/22/james-holmes-gun-club-membership_n_1693376.html

"The university declined to release any details of his academic record, citing privacy concerns, and at least two dozen professors and other staff declined to speak with the AP. Some said they were instructed not to talk publicly about Holmes in a blanket email sent to university employees.

Jacque Montgomery, a spokeswoman for the University of Colorado medical school, said that police have told the school to not talk about Holmes.

The university also took down the website for its graduate neuroscience program on Saturday.

Dan Keeney, president of DPK Public Relations in Dallas, said asking for silence from university employees because of a police investigation was appropriate, but taking down the website was "indefensible" for a publicly funded university unless the school believed it contained inaccurate information relating to the suspect.

"It's an indefensible action," he said. "It's disappointing to hear that they would take that action because it suggests that it's not in the public's interest to have access to that information and I think it is in the public's interest."

The school took down the neuroscience department's site at the request of faculty and staff who had privacy concerns, Montgomery said."

does anyone knows why he was rejected at Univ of Arizona?

I don't know why specifically, but those programs are competitive. So possibly they had better applicants. Could have been another injustice in his mind.

JMO, a sure way to depression is to start a list of all the bad things that have been happening to you, stick to yourself, and have a pity party.

As someone who has suffered from depression most of my life--have been in remission for years now, thank the Lord--let me assure you it is not self-inflicted.

Sorry to go O/T, but I am quite sensitive to implications that sufferers of depression are themselves to blame for their illness. The mind can get sick just as the body can, through no fault of the owner.

I was thinking about the tactical gear that he was wearing. I was thinking maybe it was for 2 purposes.
1. for protection.
2. to blend in and easier escape for when the police/swat got there??
(Although I dont think he thought the police would be there quickly as they did. I think they said it was a minute and a half response time)

Sorry if someone else has stated this as well I have read through and dont recall seeing anyones thought on the 2. point.

That neuroscience program website only became password protected after the shooting-and not immediately after the shooting. I was able to look at the website after the shooting and before it became password protected.
I didn't think there was anything especially interesting there. But now I wish I spend more time looking.

To those wondering why "cheers" seemed odd to the gun range manager, consider that the type of demographic who visits gun ranges are very unlikely to use the term, and the type of demo who use the term are very unlikely to visit gun ranges.

That guy also left several messages for JH (despite the "creepy" greeting). JH never responded. So what he now says was creepy maybe was not so very creepy at the time.

The case was Sealed on the 20th. Wondering how Sealed Case proceedings manage while media is permitted. Perhaps defendant is not expected. Only Council.

That guy also left several messages for JH (despite the "creepy" greeting). JH never responded. So what he now says was creepy maybe was not so very creepy at the time.

I used to leave weird greetings on my voicemail (answering machine actually) when I was younger (in my first place just out of high school) I didn't do that for long though because once in a while someone important would call and I'd get an uummmm yeahh welll.. and then they'd leave a message lol.

So, "James Holmes" used an email of dsherlockb@hotmail.com to apply for his gun range membership? Seriously - "J Holmes" used 'Sherlock" as his email? This guy is far from crazy, and has been on the page of history he has written for a long time.

I was thinking about the tactical gear that he was wearing. I was thinking maybe it was for 2 purposes.
1. for protection.
2. to blend in and easier escape for when the police/swat got there??
(Although I dont think he thought the police would be there quickly as they did. I think they said it was a minute and a half response time)

Sorry if someone else has stated this as well I have read through and dont recall seeing anyones thought on the 2. point.

To obscure ones identity. To intimidate. Protection from tear gas. An attempt to blend in with first responders.

I used to leave weird greetings on my voicemail (answering machine actually) when I was younger (in my first place just out of high school) I didn't do that for long though because once in a while someone important would call and I'd get an uummmm yeahh welll.. and then they'd leave a message lol.

All of these supposed "signs" are very minor and in fact not signs at all.
What should have raised flags is him buying a number of guns, lots of ammunition, bunch of protective gear. But of course that's legal so no one cares. Him leaving a funky message on his answering machine or signing his e-mails with "cheers" are not sings, as they are plenty of people who do the same thing but they don't kill anyone.
Why does someone start buying multiples guns all of the sudden?
Now, that should have been a BIG SIGN!

He left two other messages but eventually told his staff to watch out for Holmes at the July 1 orientation and not to accept him into the club, Rotkovich said.

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/news/aurora-shooting-suspect-gun-club-membership-rejected/

BBM For some reason he must have felt JH was "creepy" because before July 1, he decided he did not want him at the gun club.

He left two other messages but eventually told his staff to watch out for Holmes at the July 1 orientation and not to accept him into the club, Rotkovich said.

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/news/aurora-shooting-suspect-gun-club-membership-rejected/

BBM For some reason he must have felt JH was "creepy" because before July 1, he decided he did not want him at the gun club.

JH never responded to his messages. I am not sure why it took him several messages, and JH not responding, to decide that it was creepy, if it really were that creepy.

That neuroscience program website only became password protected after the shooting-and not immediately after the shooting. I was able to look at the website after the shooting and before it became password protected.
I didn't think there was anything especially interesting there. But now I wish I spend more time looking.

I'm thinking they probably listed the professors, advisors, students, etc names, contact info and such. They probably just don't want random people blowing up their email or phones.

I believe when they forensically search his computer he may have written some kind of manifesto. I think he wants it known why he did this, and in his mind, whether he is an extremist of some kind or mental.... he thinks these horrific acts were justified.

He had a good reason for not wanting to kill himself. Does he see himself as some kind of martyr I wonder?

imo

Another awesome post. I think there is a manifesto. Whether it existed in his own mind or others were to have discovered it. Game on. If u get thru the booby trap ya might find the answer to the "Riddle" This guy is complex yet run of the mill. Of course :moo: He is an actor and we are his stage.

As someone who has suffered from depression most of my life--have been in remission for years now, thank the Lord--let me assure you it is not self-inflicted.

Sorry to go O/T, but I am quite sensitive to implications that sufferers of depression are themselves to blame for their illness. The mind can get sick just as the body can, through no fault of the owner.

This was what I posted - JMO, a sure way to depression is to start a list of all the bad things that have been happening to you, stick to yourself, and have a pity party.

It never crossed my mind that I would insult anyone. Sorry, I'm didn't say it because I wanted to blame anyone.

I have suffered from depression, as well, and have learned that some of my very own thought processes needed to be changed. I think we can have some control over our mental health. It's like if you want to avoid getting any other illness, you might have to avoid eating sugar or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~