*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is my point
songline
Thats all I am saying about school people............now maybe some did and that has not been revealed but so far school said very little

Faculty at the university have been instructed not to speak
www.thedailybeast.com/.../james-holmes-6-reported-facts-about-the-...

NOw why especially in an academic setting would admin tell his staff not to talk about the biggest mass murder in the country when they spent hours a week with the suspect

Just problematic IMO....
Someone I am open offer me a reason why faculity would be ORDERED to say nothign?

Legal $$$$$$$$$$$$$

No the "world over" doesn't for the most part lock them up.

The vast majority of killers have a decent history of arrests, and they are let out quick, they are not unknown. For some odd reason an unusual case like this freaks everyone out.

Predators exist and they are generally not hard to spot, for some odd reason when unexpected predators come up (such as in this case) everyone freaks out. 16,000 murders a year in this country and the killer's are rarely strangers from the law.

And our A hole gov. let 17,000. of them FREE in Californis about a year ago. :what::what:
They need a revolving door to keep the court house making money :waitasec:

We have seen no evidence that this guy did any of those things/

There is no evidence that he did anything at his school that was any cause for great alarm.

Yesss! The ONE thing I thought might be weird if I were a labmate of his was that he (iirc) had some chemicals or whatever delivered to him at school. I think that would be weird just because where I am, we get packages delivered once or twice a day, one of us signs for them, and we give our tech the pkg slips. If I saw him getting shipments he didn't turn in a slip for or open and put away (meaning on shelf, in fridge/freezer, or cabinets) immediately, I'd probably nag him about it. Just because it's important to keep things orderly and make sure stuff is properly stored.

Everything else, I'm sorry but IMO it feels like we're talking about carefully observing his behavior over time and giving a lot of thought to how it may've changed. Subtle things that could be significant but often mean nothing.

And none of those behaviors when taken together would merit a psych hold.

The ONLY way this guy would have been civilly committed is if he actually threatened to kill or harm himself or kill or physically harm another. Period. And then, he would be unlikely to be held for more than 72 hours.

Thank you. I was trying to figure out a way to say the same thing. You said it better than I could. We have to be VERY careful when it comes to holding people for evaluations without criminal charges. This is the United States, after all. No one wants the police to have the authority to detain people because at some point down the road they might do something wrong.

The risk has to be immediate and real.

respectfully, did you warn anyone?
Re

You having help others watching and caringly saying I think she is having a hard time today.

Ibet your grateful huh

I bet JM mom would be grateful today if someone called and said I am a little concerned here and hey let them handle it - theyu trained in invol commiment law ......

NOw why especially in an academic setting would admin tell his staff not to talk about the biggest mass murder in the country when they spent hours a week with the suspect

Just problematic IMO....
Someone I am open offer me a reason why faculity would be ORDERED to say nothign?

Legal $$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, as I previously posted a link to, prohibits schools from disclosing certain educational records to anyone but the student absent a court order.

The school doesn't want faculty talking to anyone because they would be violating FEDERAL LAW if they did. There is no cover-up here that I can see.

songline
Thats all I am saying about school people............now maybe some did and that has not been revealed but so far school said very little

Faculty at the university have been instructed not to speak
www.thedailybeast.com/.../james-holmes-6-reported-facts-about-the-...

Just problematic IMO....

Legal $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not sure :waitasec: but if you ask me... I would not be surprised that it has more to do with losing registration then it has to do with this case.
I think they are covering their arz.Lowering registration is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$... you are right.

Parent want to send their kids where they feel safest. If they school had him there and never noticed anything as a parent I may want to know why.

Yesss! The ONE thing I thought might be weird if I were a labmate of his was that he (iirc) had some chemicals or whatever delivered to him at school. I think that would be weird just because where I am, we get packages delivered once or twice a day, one of us signs for them, and we give our tech the pkg slips. If I saw him getting shipments he didn't turn in a slip for or open and put away (meaning on shelf, in fridge/freezer, or cabinets) immediately, I'd probably nag him about it. Just because it's important to keep things orderly and make sure stuff is properly stored.

Everything else, I'm sorry but IMO it feels like we're talking about carefully observing his behavior over time and giving a lot of thought to how it may've changed. Subtle things that could be significant but often mean nothing.
There is no evidence that he did anything at his school that was any cause for great alarm

Other than uncharactertically fail suddenly, withdraw suddenly, UPS all of a sudden there all the time! !

No the "world over" doesn't for the most part lock them up.

The vast majority of killers in the US have a history of arrests, and they are let out quick, they are not unknown dangers. For some odd reason an unusual case like this freaks everyone out.

Predators exist and they are generally not hard to spot, for some odd reason when unexpected predators come up (such as in this case) everyone freaks out. 16,000 murders a year in this country and the killer's are rarely strangers to the law, they have records, they have history, they are known. Why does everyone focus on the freak occurence?

Because freak occurrences are freaky!

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, as I previously posted a link to, prohibits schools from disclosing certain educational records to anyone but the student absent a court order.

The school doesn't want faculty talking to anyone because they would be violating FEDERAL LAW if they did. There is no cover-up here that I can see.
Educationial records are one thing, I am not advocating that -- faculity knows the law -- but being prohibited from sharing their observations about someones behavior changes is not giving up academic stuff

ANd if all that is true why would faculiyt be ordered not to say anything?

Everyone wants to be able to pinpoint a time when this could have been prevented. I am included in that group. If someone figures this out, let everyone in the world know about it. thanks

Not sure :waitasec: but if you ask me... I would not be surprised that it has more to do with losing registration then it has to do with this case.
I think they are covering their arz.Lowering registration is about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$... you are right.

Parent want to send their kids where they feel safest. If they school had him there and never noticed anything as a parent I may want to know why.
ah ha I never thought that way.... I also never knew about the school equivlent of HIppaa!

WHy did they shut down there website anyone know?

Educationial records are one thing, I am not advocating that -- faculity knows the law -- but being prohibited from sharing their observations about someones behavior changes is not giving up academic stuff

With all due respect, yes it is giving up academic stuff.

The fact that you had the student in class means that you are confirming their schedule. That is an educational record. Their behavior and attendence (or disciplinary history with the school) are also educational records.

I am so sorry but heck its been an interesting day! Please take no offense but it is funny!

I just saw this

everyone pause for one second:

You don't scare me. I'm married to a redhead!

I am playing with you but wow red hair a buzz these days huh! AHhh

Because freak occurrences are freaky!

Yeah I know. I for one don't worry about the extremely rare spree killer, or rare serial killer, I worry about the common threats that are far far more likely to be a danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski