Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
apparently Darlie was pregnant before Drake was born and asked Darin for an abortion.She did not want anymore kids.Supposedly he agreed only if she would get a boob job.
Well,she definitely had the boob job.
If true that's about the sickest thing I ever heard of going on between spouses.
Aside from using children against each other.

Thank you for sending the scan parasyte and sorry about all the hardship in your personal life.
I never believed Darlie to be guilty and I posted here probably about a couple of years ago and haven't thought too much about the case after that.After receiving the scan ,still fully believing in her innocence ,I started reading about the case again.Back then I pretty much only read the transcripts and while it convinced others of her guilt it did the opposite to me,I don't think she had a fair trial by a long shot.
So now I was reading things I never read before,like the poems she wrote about the boys and more about D & D's past.....I am starting to think she could be guilty.
I now see a woman in a relationship that was so completely superficial,completely based on his physical attraction to her ( I did not know about the abortion-boob exchange) and her having only that to have control in that sad relationship.
I think in a way now in prison she has more of a chance to find value inside of her then she ever had outside.Maybe that's god's perfect plan she talks about in the poem?
Even if she is guilty I will never buy that Darin was upstairs sleeping throughout all of this.I now believe there was a hell of a fight between them and either Darlie or Darin killed the children while this was going on.
I can never forget how angry she is at Darin during the 911 call.
I always thought she looks completely out of it during the "silly string" episode,it looks like a stone cold act to me,she almost seems to try to make him suffer by looking "happy" and he looks stunned.
Anyways I believe whether or not she's guilty she needs a new trial,I think it's ridiculous to have someone on death row when there is at least one more person of interest that has not even been looked at.

He has been looked at though Claude, Darin was suspected first before the evidence started to come back that pointed to Darlie as the killer and not him.

If the state had any physical evidence that Darin was/is involved, he'd would have been arrested too.

but how can the same physical evidence that points to Darlie not point to Darin as well?
He was there.The trail of blood for example.The blood on the back of her nightshirt.It would have been there if she was standing behind him.The knife and the sock.
Why would she place the murder weapon on the counter but run down the alley with a sock?

I have not thought about this case in years, I think I'll head back and re-read....

<I do remember that I was sure she was guilty though>

but how can the same physical evidence that points to Darlie not point to Darin as well?
He was there.The trail of blood for example.The blood on the back of her nightshirt.It would have been there if she was standing behind him.The knife and the sock.
Why would she place the murder weapon on the counter but run down the alley with a sock?

Because Darlie committed the murders, not Darin so there's no physical evidence to tie him to the murders.

What trail of blood are you speaking of? There was only one blood trail made by Darlie's bleeding neck, that I know of.

There's no way Darlie could have received cast-off blood on the back of her nightshirt by standing behind Darin. It would all be on the front of her if she was standing behind him and he was stabbing. This blood was on her shoulders which to me would appear she was bent over when it was deposited.

Sorry Claud but I cannot read Darlie's mind, I don't know why she kept the knife and discarded the sock.

I meant the blood on the nightshirt.If she was standing behind him ,holding him back I think it would be more likely to be on her shoulders than if she was doing the stabbing herself.Why wasn't any of her blood outside if she took the sock to the alley?Or she ran to the alley first? then stabbed herself? How could that work with the timeline?Everywhere Darlie was Darin was at well.What evidence is there that it was her not him?

I meant the blood on the nightshirt.If she was standing behind him ,holding him back I think it would be more likely to be on her shoulders than if she was doing the stabbing herself.Why wasn't any of her blood outside if she took the sock to the alley?Or she ran to the alley first? then stabbed herself? How could that work with the timeline?Everywhere Darlie was Darin was at well.What evidence is there that it was her not him?

Well I'm not a blood expert so I guess anything is possible, but is it probable is the standard for court I believe. And I don't see it probable that she would get cast-off blood on her back from standing behind someone who was stabbing her children, whether it be Darin or not. Well unless she was piggy back on Darin, then she might get the blood if he was stabbing. But I really don't think the blood could fly that far, I believe she would have it on her head and face if she was standing behind Darin whilst he was stabbing. But like I said, I'm no expert.

Yes, she put the sock in the alley before any of her blood was shed. It could have been Darin as well.

The timeline starts with the 911 call. She had lots of time to stab, knock the lampshade off, turn the table over and then run the sock down the alley. Damon didn't die right away. He was stabbed at two separate times and in two separate areas of the room and it's the second group of stabbings he received that were the fatal ones.

I don't know what you mean by Darin being everywhere Darlie was. Darin's story was consistant with his movements at all times. Darlie's wasn't. The blood evidence proves she's the killer, it was all admitted into the trial and not refuted by the defence. Everytime Darlie became aware of evidence that was incriminating, she changed her story to match that evidence. Darin's story never changed.

Okay it's her blood on the floor in front of the kitchen sink, her blood wiped up from the counters and her blood washed down the kitchen sink. Her bloody footprints wiped up from the kitchen floor. Her blood on the knife. Her blood forms the two partial fingerprints, her blood in between the fingerprints. Her blood concentrated at the tip of the knife and her blood pooled where the bloody imprint of the knife in the carpet was found. Devon's blood and Devon/Damon mix on the sock. Devin/Damon mix on the backsplash of the sink. Devon's cast-off on the front shoulder of her nightshirt and Damon's cast-off on the back of her shirt. (Devon and Damon's blood was found in the sink trap I believe, will have to recheck the transcripts).

None of Darlie's blood was found on the sock, very strange don't you think if Darin or an intruder used that sock.

One partial bloody fingerprint found on one side of the house and another partial bloody fingerprint found on the opposite side of the house..the blood trail in between is Darlie's and she admits following the alleged intruder to the utility room. How could that happen if Darin or an intruder did the stabbing? Her blood is dripped all over the appliances in the utility room yet she swears she never went in that room.

Can you explain this blood if Darin is the killer? And why would Darlie sit on DR if Darin killed the two children? I don't see her as that altruistic. If Darin was the killer, Darlie would have given him up right away. MOO

Good reply, Cami. And let's not forget the biggest reason why it couldn't be Darin who stabbed the boys. Darlie claims that she saw the intruder's face 'in profile' as he walked away from the sofa and it wasn't Darin.

Good reply, Cami. And let's not forget the biggest reason why it couldn't be Darin who stabbed the boys. Darlie claims that she saw the intruder's face 'in profile' as he walked away from the sofa and it wasn't Darin.

Plus, Darin was upstairs sleeping with baby Drake the whole time.

All the evidence points to her and her only. The silly string incident was very odd if you ask me.

Oh yeah I forgot Darlie was adament it wasn't Darin. "wouldn't I know my own husband" I believe she said.

Plus, Darin was upstairs sleeping with baby Drake the whole time.

All the evidence points to her and her only. The silly string incident was very odd if you ask me.

It appears to be but if you put it in context with all the other evidence it really turns out to be nothing.

It was used by the state to impeach the defence contention that Darlie was a greiving mother. During the evidentiary hearing, the defence played the 911 call to try and prove Darlie was hysterical and greiving for her children. The state played the SS tape to impeach this. And it's only one piece of evidence and it's circumstantial.

I believe it was Darlie playing to the cameras. She had always told friends she wanted to be an actress and singer....no one can know what was in her mind that day. I don't even consider the SS tape. There is enough physical evidence to prove she killed the children.

Contrary to what her family says, the prayer service was not filmed by the news crew. All that exists of the prayer service is the surveillance tape and that was turned over to the defence during discovery in October prior to her trial. Mulder was also given the chance to show this tape to the jury but he chose not to. I wonder why? Cause it didn't help her at all, that's why.

MOO

It appears to be but if you put it in context with all the other evidence it really turns out to be nothing.

It was used by the state to impeach the defence contention that Darlie was a greiving mother. During the evidentiary hearing, the defence played the 911 call to try and prove Darlie was hysterical and greiving for her children. The state played the SS tape to impeach this. And it's only one piece of evidence and it's circumstantial.

I believe it was Darlie playing to the cameras. She had always told friends she wanted to be an actress and singer....no one can know what was in her mind that day. I don't even consider the SS tape. There is enough physical evidence to prove she killed the children.

Contrary to what her family says, the prayer service was not filmed by the news crew. All that exists of the prayer service is the surveillance tape and that was turned over to the defence during discovery in October prior to her trial. Mulder was also given the chance to show this tape to the jury but he chose not to. I wonder why? Cause it didn't help her at all, that's why.

MOO

Plus, she will say it was Devon's birthday so that is why she was at the gravesite with the silly string.

Plus, she will say it was Devon's birthday so that is why she was at the gravesite with the silly string.

Yep you're right. And she'll say her sister brought it so she's not responsible. Maybe her sister put those bruises on her twisting her arm to use it?

Joke

MOO

I believe Darlie is 100% innocent, and I think her husband may have wanted her and the kids to be killed...I think HE is responsible.

People question whether Darin would have slept through an intruder's attack on his family, but the fact is he did.

He slept through it all, or so he says, but why would we expect Darlie or the children to be quieter?

I believe Darlie is 100% innocent, and I think her husband may have wanted her and the kids to be killed...I think HE is responsible.

What makes you say this? I've always suspected he knew more than he let on, and I never believed he slept through it, either. My house is built much like their house on Eagle Dr. and they are far from soundproof.

I also wondered why the dog didn't hear anything, or at least bark.

What about the fact that she states that Damon woke her up by saying "Mommy" and walking with her, etc. His autopsy report states that BOTH of his lungs had been punctured. The only sound she would have heard out of him is gurgling and gasping for breath. Also, if there was truly a struggle with an intruder and all those things noiselessly got knocked over, did the killer just decide to place her back on the couch after their struggle only to leave her there after she "woke up"? Traumatic amnesia usually follows severe head wounds/brain damage. She's a liar and I think Darin helped with the cover up. Darin will have to live the rest of his life knowing that she killed those boys, just like Rusty Yates will have to live with the fact that he did NOTHING to help Andrea when all the docs were telling them they should stop and that she is having problems.

As far as Darlie Kee, I think she lies to herself. I actually feel sorry for her because denial is a very powerful thing. Who wants to admit that their own flesh and blood killed? Most especially that it was her grandchildren! If Darlie were to admit to her family now that she had really done this, look at what she stands to loose. Right now she is able to keep the needle at bay, have the attention of all her supporters and her family! If she admits her guilt, she runs the risk of loosing her family support and she will definitely loose her following.

Beyond all the circumstantial evidence that everyone has talked about, if you read the trial transcripts (particularly the part where she was on the stand under cross-examination), it becomes even MORE obvious she did it:

1) On the stand, she told a detective several times "If I did it, I don't remember it." This was in response to the question, "Did you kill your boys."

2) She wrote letters to her family members while in jail, claiming that she KNEW who killed the boys, and even named a neighbor. On the stand, she had to say that she was just "hoping" it would be one of the people she named.

My person opinion is that the prosecution was wrong in thinking the motive was for money. I don't think it was about money (since there was so little life insurance on the boys). I think that she and Darin had a fight that night (he later admitted they did) and she killed the boys to get back at Darin. This is a common motive for women who murder their children.

In terms of Darin being involved. What I've always wondered is how Darin slept through Darlie staging the crime scene.

Darin claims that he woke up to Darlie screaming at the top of her lungs.

So, that means that Darin slept through Darlie killing the kids (which is possible, assuming they didnt/weren't able to make a sound. Then he slept through her breaking wine glasses, overturning the table, and cleaning things up at the sink. He also slept through her leaving the home to drop off the sock, and then coming back. I think that's hard to believe (particularly the breaking things part).

I am sure that Darlie murdered her kids, but I'm not sure what, if any, role Darin had in it.

I think it's possible to sleep through the staging. My husband sleeps like the dead and it always amazes me the noise he can sleep through. I believe she probably covered the kids mouths to keep them quiet.

As long as there is at least a few people that say they believe her, she will drag this on as long as she can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back