Did KC Want Off House Arrest To Move Body?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Firefly and thelmadawg, I agree with you. Possibly KC intended to make the discovery exactly in the way you describe. All those memories and “feelings” she had, yes indeed, that led her right to Caylee...... She was right all along!

Deceit at it’s finest hour, building up a fabrication with both lies and the truth. She's well practiced at that.

I have read the whole thread up to this point so if this has already been brought up and I missed it, I apologize.

BUT one small minor obvious detail was left out of everyone's theories which would throw KC's "freedom" off kilter.

She was fitted with an ankle bracelet that monitors her movements. If anyone remembers watching the hearing held initially about this matter the court officer in charge of home monitoring had said in her testimony that KC's movements had to go through her office first and approved through her office as well. I can't be for certain because I didn't pay much attention to this case after KC was released the second time courtesy of Mr. LP but in some of the statements made afterwards were that someone from his employ was with her at all times in the house.

I don't know what the specs of KC's ankle bracelet were set to ie; 10 feet, 100 feet etc etc etc but I do know that some of those devices are GPS compliant. Just the slightest of mistake on KC's part in her movements outside of the range of that device would have more than likely given her away and alerted authorities. But without knowing all of the details of her home confinement with said device it's hard to tell just how accurate it would have been. It's a computer device and anything is possible.

Which might explain why KC spent more time at JB's office than anywhere else. She didn't like having her freedom hindered as it was with certain people having to know her every movement or even having to have every movement approved in advance. So she hid out at JB's office where lord knows what went on. It would have been nice to be a fly on the wall during those time periods too. I can only guess that it would be for attention since the very people at home wouldn't give it to her in the manner of which she so desired. :boohoo:

I can't help but believe that if she had been allowed off house arrest, she possibly would have tried to move the body. I think that was her whole purpose for asking. I have a problem with why she put duct tape around that poor baby's face... I don't think it was to stage a kidnapping, I think it was because she used chloroform to put her to sleep in the trunk while she went out partying.. and bound her to keep her quiet. I'm wondering if she possibly doused more in the trunk in the event she woke up. I just hope she was already asleep when she did this. Poor baby.... I'm glad she was not allowed off of house arrest because I believe the body would have been destroyed further.

I think she just wanted to go about town further refining her story. She accidentally pointed to one "Zanny" location that was actually a Senior Living Center.

I think she planned to find more "feasible" locations for all of her lies and she would have been able to say-- I wasn't lying-- I was just distraught. Now, poor Jose has to do that on his own. :behindbar

I can SO see this scenario if they had let KC out.

"Mom, I know she's close. I'm trying to think of places Zanny may know about. You know, one day when we, Zanny and I, came by here in May to pick up some stuff for Klee, I showed her where we used to play as kids. It's horrible to think about, but maybe, just maybe, she's put Klee there. They warned me if I said anything, they would make it look like I did something to Klee. I don't feel good about it now, she was WAY too interested. Probably just a silly memory. I wonder where else she might be."

You are very good at KC speak, lol! I had to re-read your post to realize you made that up. I thought I missed a video or something!

I assume the press was watching JB's office all the time she was there for those hours long sessions? Because I wonder how in the world she managed to get her hair done while supposedly on house arrest.

I'm sure a hairdresser could have come to the house but I can't imagine their presence not being reported by someone.

At any rate, I'd say sprucing herself up for the courthouse sidewalk sashays and the cameras was a higher priority than moving the body again. She might muss her flip flops.

Sometimes I think she hurridly took the bag around the corner (after George came so close to seeing in the trunk) and had every intention of going back to hide it better or move it but became afraid someone would see her and never went back.

I am not so sure that she wanted to move Caylee, but I do think one motivator could have been for HER to be the one to find Caylee. I think that is why she had JB motion for her to have some freedom for he and she to visit certain locations together, and I do not doubt that one of the locations that he had in mind was THE location of the body. If they could have gotten her in there and SHE could have been present when the body was discovered, it certainly could have tainted and evidence of herself that was present with the body-ie: hair, fingerprints, dna, whatever. She could have thrown herself on the bag and THEN placed her fingerprints there and whala-no evidence that is worth a hill of beans...and by the time those motions were being made, Caylee would have already been a skeleton. Many experts have stated that in the Florida heat, 2 weeks would have brought Caylee to a skeletonized state, and THAT is quick. That would have happened BEFORE she was ever even reported missing, and THAT is likely the source of Casey's confidence: she knew when she killed her and knew how long decomposition would take in that kind of heat since she was a BIG fan of TRUE CRIME or crime related TV series.

I don't know what the specs of KC's ankle bracelet were set to ie; 10 feet, 100 feet etc etc etc but I do know that some of those devices are GPS compliant. Just the slightest of mistake on KC's part in her movements outside of the range of that device would have more than likely given her away and alerted authorities. But without knowing all of the details of her home confinement with said device it's hard to tell just how accurate it would have been. It's a computer device and anything is possible.

Her ankle monitor was set to 150 feet, no gps.

I truly believe that KC wanted this freedom to tip off someone as to where Caylee's remains were so that they could be moved at some point down the line. Just think how close Caylee was to that house, she could have easily directed her driver to go that way and then with the right person could have signaled that spot. I believe with 100% of my being that is what she wanted that freedom to move around for. I don't know if JB would have gone along or not, I don't want to believe he has stooped to that level. Yet. JMO

I have read the whole thread up to this point so if this has already been brought up and I missed it, I apologize.

BUT one small minor obvious detail was left out of everyone's theories which would throw KC's "freedom" off kilter.

She was fitted with an ankle bracelet that monitors her movements. If anyone remembers watching the hearing held initially about this matter the court officer in charge of home monitoring had said in her testimony that KC's movements had to go through her office first and approved through her office as well. I can't be for certain because I didn't pay much attention to this case after KC was released the second time courtesy of Mr. LP but in some of the statements made afterwards were that someone from his employ was with her at all times in the house.

Which might explain why KC spent more time at JB's office than anywhere else. She didn't like having her freedom hindered as it was with certain people having to know her every movement or even having to have every movement approved in advance. So she hid out at JB's office where lord knows what went on. It would have been nice to be a fly on the wall during those time periods too. I can only guess that it would be for attention since the very people at home wouldn't give it to her in the manner of which she so desired. :boohoo:

Trying to find the link but I believe it had been stated that KC's ankle bracelet was not GPS enabled but linked to the home. She could have gotten away but not for long.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER:
It was written about somewhere, a couple months ago, (paraphrasing)'Cindy was bragging that she was able to sneak out of the house with all the press out front, to meet Lee a few streets behind the house, so they could go to Mt Dora to visit her dad." Does anyone remember that interview or mention?

If Cindy could sneak out, then Casey definitely could. And BEHIND the house is the right way to go to get to where Caylee's body was. Casey had an ankle monitor, but it wasn't a GPS.. would it have alerted if she snuck out to go 1/3 a mile?

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER:
It was written about somewhere, a couple months ago, (paraphrasing)'Cindy was bragging that she was able to sneak out of the house with all the press out front, to meet Lee a few streets behind the house, so they could go to Mt Dora to visit her dad." Does anyone remember that interview or mention?

If Cindy could sneak out, then Casey definitely could. And BEHIND the house is the right way to go to get to where Caylee's body was. Casey had an ankle monitor, but it wasn't a GPS.. would it have alerted if she snuck out to go 1/3 a mile?

"Casey will be monitored at her parents' home by an electronic device strapped to her ankle.
The monitor will ensure she stays home, except for scheduled activities, officials said."

Unlike a monitor linked to global-positioning satellites, which can pinpoint the exact location of a person, the home-confinement transmitter just lets authorities know whether someone leaves home by a radio frequency it broadcasts that is detected and measured by a device linked to the defendant's home phone.
She must stay within 150 feet of the receiving unit to be considered in range.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-caseyside2208aug22,0,3280556.story

All she needed was 15 minutes so she did not even need to be off house arrest.

Maybe that is why she got P.O'ed at LP. He had that girl w/her all the time.

Off house arrest, she could even have done a drive by to check status.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER:

I've wondered this exact same thing. We can speculate about the monitoring device and its capabilities, but even if it "should" have alerted LE about a 1/4 mile trek...did it work properly? Of course if it wasn't KC, one of the others could have EASILY slipped around behind houses to stay undetected. As kids we used to do this all the time, while being aware of which homes had barking dogs which might give us away. We even crossed streets without being noticed, and I daresay KC was still doing some "sneaking around" at her age. If she didn't do it herself, she could have told someone how to get there.

I'm not sure I believe our little Angel's body was moved, but I don't think we can rule out a nighttime run behind houses...by anyone, for any purpose.

"Casey will be monitored at her parents' home by an electronic device strapped to her ankle.
The monitor will ensure she stays home, except for scheduled activities, officials said."

Unlike a monitor linked to global-positioning satellites, which can pinpoint the exact location of a person, the home-confinement transmitter just lets authorities know whether someone leaves home by a radio frequency it broadcasts that is detected and measured by a device linked to the defendant's home phone.
She must stay within 150 feet of the receiving unit to be considered in range.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-caseyside2208aug22,0,3280556.story

Thank you, I am sure it's further than 150 feet. Although she probably would have time to run down there and back and by the time the CO arrived, she could just say the anklet must be acting weird.

All she needed was 15 minutes so she did not even need to be off house arrest.

Maybe that is why she got P.O'ed at LP. He had that girl w/her all the time.

Off house arrest, she could even have done a drive by to check status.

That's a good point!

I've wondered this exact same thing. We can speculate about the monitoring device and its capabilities, but even if it "should" have alerted LE about a 1/4 mile trek...did it work properly? Of course if it wasn't KC, one of the others could have EASILY slipped around behind houses to stay undetected. As kids we used to do this all the time, while being aware of which homes had barking dogs which might give us away. We even crossed streets without being noticed, and I daresay KC was still doing some "sneaking around" at her age. If she didn't do it herself, she could have told someone how to get there.

I'm not sure I believe our little Angel's body was moved, but I don't think we can rule out a nighttime run behind houses...by anyone, for any purpose.

I wish I could find the reference to that interview that CA did where she spoke of how they snuck out. I hope LE has the interview, especially if they think someone might have visited the body after July 16...

Thank you, I am sure it's further than 150 feet. Although she probably would have time to run down there and back and by the time the CO arrived, she could just say the anklet must be acting weird.

When my son had an ankle bracelet, he could only go as far as our back steps without it going off. It would also check periodically through the day to see if he was home or at work. I was on dial up internet at the time, and the monitor would knock me off line when it would call to check on him. This one also had a body temperature sensor so he couldn't just take it off and leave.

When my son had an ankle bracelet, he could only go as far as our back steps without it going off. It would also check periodically through the day to see if he was home or at work. I was on dial up internet at the time, and the monitor would knock me off line when it would call to check on him. This one also had a body temperature sensor so he couldn't just take it off and leave.

Thank you for that explanation forensic fan. As for my opinion, nope I don't think she wanted to get away to move the body. I think she wanted to be out and about town. Maybe go see one of her menfriends, maybe go out to a nightclub for a bit.

Why do I say nightclub? Back in the mid 80's I had an acquaintance of sorts (a guy that had dated one of my friends in the early 80's) anyway, this guy I'm thinking about, got out on bail, trial was pending, and yet he was seen at all the local hotspot nightclubs he had frequented prior to the murder. (Unfortunately for me, I was bartending at a popular nightclub and he happened to come in just a few hours after he had murdered his wife, I had spoken to him and had to be interviewed by LE). She doesn't strike me as a thinker, she resembles this guy I talked about in that they only thought of themselves and their needs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back