• No, I believe her

Votes: 108 15.4%
  • Not sure, on the fence

Votes: 365 52.0%
  • Dad and Mom together

Votes: 24 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now see, It seems like you are taking a shot at my mothering... Not going to react because I see you are worked up about this.
You are talking about 2 different things. Someone taking a child, And a child being hurt because their mother was not attentive.
My point is moms make mistakes every day. My point is that if someone took the child, They are solely responsible. No ifs ands or buts.

Maybe she isn't drinking, Someone comes for the baby and she gets killed trying to stop them? I am not excusing her drinking. Not for a minute, I just don't believe that adds to her guilt.

Nope, one in the same. Mother passed out and oblivious to either - leaving the responsibility of their safety to them -- 11 month to 8 year old children.

Mothers who endanger their children aren't brought up on charges of "unattentiveness", they are charged with child endangerment.

Now see, It seems like you are taking a shot at my mothering... Not going to react because I see you are worked up about this.
You are talking about 2 different things. Someone taking a child, And a child being hurt because their mother was not attentive.
My point is moms make mistakes every day. My point is that if someone took the child, They are solely responsible. No ifs ands or buts.

Maybe she isn't drinking, Someone comes for the baby and she gets killed trying to stop them? I am not excusing her drinking. Not for a minute, I just don't believe that adds to her guilt.
Right, but that isn't what happened in this case.

If a mother got killed trying to stop the intruder, then the M.E. could fix an approximate time of death and LE would have a time line, and probably physical evidence of the kidnapper. DB didn't fight off an intruder, she was too drunk to even bother with Lisa, much less fight for the baby's life.

I don't think it's DB's fault that Lisa was kidnapped, I'm just saying it's unfair to compare a mother fighting for her baby's life with one who was too plastered to even bother with her baby.

IMO

Gotta go - while I was posting this the 2 1/2 yr. old decided to wear the hamster ball as a helmet and banged into the wall. Have a good night!

Prayers for baby Lisa!

Does anyone know if there was wine left. Didn't she tell MK that they drank the entire box? To me, in the video of her leaving the store, it looked like a 5ltr Franzia - which contains about 33 glasses of wine. The 3ltr contains about 20. So either way, that's a lot of wine to consume in one sitting - sheesh, say she had 8 glasses (I'll meet her halfway on the 5-10), that means if she went in at 10:30, and she started drinking at 6:00, that's about two glasses per hour...only a true drinker, IMO, could do that. almost 2 bottles of wine on her own... in 4 hours. I'm not sure it's enough to make a person black out though.

So if it was a 5ltr, who drank the other 25 glasses? The neighbor?

I saw the entire interview and I do not recall her saying they drank the entire box. MK asked her if she had more than five glasses and she said yes, then MK asked her if it was 10 and she said no. maybe someone else heard something differently but that is what I heard her say. And also MK has repeated that many times. jmo

Exactly, my daughter's father was a die hard drunk. When they have to choose they choose the drink....and it does NOT mean they love their kids less, it just means they NEED the drink more.

He's been dead 12 years. Died trying to work off the alcohol binge on a treadmill. He never made it to the floor alive.

I asked my daughter when she was about 6 if her daddy was drinking and drivng when she was with him. She said, "no mommy, he only drinks at lights and stop signs". I swear to G-d, that was how he manipulated her into thinking it was alright and she could be with him when he would drink and drive.

I've a lot of empathy for drunks because I know it's a disease, but it doesn't make the lessons they are forced to learn any less real and devastating.

:floorlaugh: He was good!

It just seems so reminiscent of the Casey Anthony saga. I think, she was probably suffering from post-partum....she had a whole day to stash the child somewhere. May I ask, have there been any reports on the validity of the Father's claim that he was at work the whole time? They could have easily dumped the body a long way away from their home - given they have learnt from the CA story.

She's used the passed out drunk excuse....next will be post -partum excuse....which will open a whole new can of worms. Poor baby Lisa....never stood a chance in getting the attention you deserve. It's all about about mommy and her needs and wants and rights and feelings.

My post wasn't confusing women who abuse children with those who are socially aware. I have no idea whether DB, for instance, is socially aware. My post touched upon the social forces that have helped mold our society into one where a mother getting black-out drunk while responsible for children is defensible because women deserve their "me time". That doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Sorry if that seemed pointed at you. I quoted and bolded the the post I was objecting to... it wasn't yours.

Your post I agreed with... adult time means adult responsibility in finding another caretaker. Sorry again if I made it sound like I thought YOU were saying those things.

I hate to say it, but I feel she did something to baby Lisa from the state she was in from drinking on top of the anti-anxiety medication. Her story keeps changing to where she finally admitted to drinking to the point of being drunk and with her anxiety med. that explains why she is now saying she don't remember things very well. I realize this young woman is under alot of stress financially and having emotional problems from her private life, but it is still no excuse to get that messed up when you know you have the responsibility of 3 young children in your care! She could of just had one glass of wine along with taking her anxiety medicine and probably be feeling some stress release, and plus she should of been happy her husband was working another job so the money stress was going to be hopefully better on them, like I said I just think for her to go that far with the drinking and probably over taking her med.'s she must of not been thinking very much about those children esp. little Lisa, who more than likely would need her attention at some point in the night again! I would have to say the only thing that would explain her unexcusable behavior would be some serious PPD!! You just know as a good mother that you don't let yourself get all messed up to where you can't take care of them, anything could happen, like they will wake up, esp. little Lisa and she probably needed a diaper change if she was put to bed that early anyway! We may be dealing with either a very self-centered woman or one with a PPD psychosis! Dear Lord, I hope little Lisa is found very soon!

From DB's numerous appearances on TV, I see absolutely nothing to suggest that she is psychotic.

I saw the entire interview and I do not recall her saying they drank the entire box. MK asked her if she had more than five glasses and she said yes, then MK asked her if it was 10 and she said no. maybe someone else heard something differently but that is what I heard her say. And also MK has repeated that many times. jmo

You know what I think? I think a lot of parents do things that they probably shouldn't do that puts their children at risk ... sometimes the risks are high and sometimes they are low. Bottom line ... when the risk has a bad outcome then everybody in the universe gets to judge you. And judge you we do. Don't throw stones from glass houses is always my opinion. Just my own personal thoughts. My feelings go out for Baby Lisa. Sometimes people make bad decisions and it results in very terrible situations. I am still sitting on the fence and won't make any judgments until I have more facts.

Thanks, like I said, I don't recall and I haven't seen the entire interview yet. I'd like to know how much, if any was left. I'd LOVE to hear what the neighbor has to say....I wonder how much the money offers have gone up to?

At present, I have to discount theories that mom passed out on top of Baby Lisa. If that was the case, I imagine dad would have found the two of them in bed when he got home from work. I would entertain the possibility that Lisa overdosed on cold medicine, alcohol or maybe something else, and mom discovered it, covered it up. But it would have been quite a trick for a drunk in a blackout to cover up such a thing without attracting attention...then again the boys were sleeping in front of the tv. Wow. This is so sad.

I have to wonder about the dad. What little I've seen them on tv, it certainly seems like mom wears ALL the pants in the family. He seems very low key, quiet and passive. Easily intimidated. If he knows or suspects anything, he should be talking to the police. It's a shame that perhaps his fear of his wife's wrath outweighs the love for his daughter--IF that is the case. I don't see how he can go over 2 weeks and still be completely clueless, opinionless.

No, it doesn't add to her guilt, but many people will equate it with guilt. IMO, the blacking out has made her unable to remember what DID happen and, perhaps, contribute to the decisions she made during the "unknown incident." It stands to reason that had she not been drinking, or at least not been drinking so much as to blackout/not remember, she may very well have reacted to the situation in a completely different way than whatever she did or did not do. I think this is a very difficult situation for anyone to separate out and compartmentalize all the variables. Myself included. However, I don't think the drinking automatically makes her guilty, but it certainly affected the aftermath.

You know what I think? I think a lot of parents do things that they probably shouldn't do that puts their children at risk ... sometimes the risks are high and sometimes they are low. Bottom line ... when the risk has a bad outcome then everybody in the universe gets to judge you. And judge you we do. Don't throw stones from glass houses is always my opinion. Just my own personal thoughts. My feelings go out for Baby Lisa. Sometimes people make bad decisions and it results in very terrible situations. I am still sitting on the fence and won't make any judgments until I have more facts.

I for one am not judging but trying to figure out if this mother had anything to do with this or if she was a blacked out mother of....3? passed out on the bed. I'm basing my thoughts and theory, right or wrong, on the fact that this mother pretty much does what she wants, when she wants, with who she wants, and her kids come somewhere in there, before all the loose ends are tied up but not exactly first.

FACTS: She has a little boy who has a daddy - married to his mommy. His mommy likes another guy who, while she is still married, gets pregnant by and has a little sister whose daddy is the new guy. DB gets engaged, while she is still married and now has his son by another mother and her son by another father and Lisa who is with her real mother and father who aren't married and can't get married yet because she's already married to her little brother's daddy. In all of this, who matters to Deborah Bradley??? Deborah Bradley.

This IMO, was not a once in a while thing. And the way she answered "uh HUH", when asked if she had been drunk that night tells me she sees nothing wrong with it because SHE needed her adult time. Kids get enough of her time.

Casey Anthony, Susan Smith, Diann Downs, Darlie Routier, and a list of others felt the same way - their needs came first.

Having said that, I don't believe she killed her baby....at least not on purpose. But, like someone said here, once you hide the body it is no longer an accident.

Denial is often the first instance of a sign of guilt - "it wasn't me, I was asleep, they took my baby and our cell phones so we could not call 911 - because they somehow knew we did not have land lines and they did not steal anything else".

Here's the thing - working on generalizations, one would think if you were not culpable, and you were drinking, got drunk and passed out - that would be the first thing you say to the police. So maybe it's just me, I would scream if my baby disappeared "A dingo's got my baby!!!!!!" so the whole neighborhood would wake up and help me find my baby! Of course I would be balling and screaming and saying what a cow I am/had been for drinking.....because I would immediately blame myself.

Here's the thing, if I drank, I would say because it would be the honest truth which would account for why an intruder got in and took my child w/o me hearing anything. Yes, I would cry in shame, but at least the police would have the truth from get go - and I would have to deal with my choices/actions. Also, I am certain, many women will criticize but many will empathize as well. 3 kids, you have a bad day.......

This woman only admitted she drank after the video was released, then suddenly, she mentioned the black-out. She got caught.

I hope Lisa's Mom didn't do it. I can see why she would not want to come forward with the fact she was drunk in fear of having the other two children taken away from her and the boyfriend.

Denial is often the first instance of a sign of guilt - "it wasn't me, I was asleep, they took my baby and our cell phones so we could not call 911 - because they somehow knew we did not have land lines and they did not steal anything else".
BBM: Good point. I'll bet she wishes every day she had left off the cell phones. Why mention them? Was it for Jeremy's sake? Wanting him to believe her?

Here's the thing - working on generalizations, one would think if you were not culpable, and you were drinking, got drunk and passed out - that would be the first thing you say to the police. So maybe it's just me, I would scream if my baby disappeared "A dingo's got my baby!!!!!!" so the whole neighborhood would wake up and help me find my baby! Of course I would be balling and screaming and saying what a cow I am/had been for drinking.....because I would immediately blame myself.
BBM :floorlaugh: Right!
IEM: Exactly - I wouldn't even think about the consequences of my actions because my baby would mean more. The police wouldn't waste a minute on tongue clicking and "shame on you". They'd address all that later. They wouldn't be as shallow and self-absorbed as me with that concern.

Here's the thing, if I drank, I would say because it would be the honest truth which would account for why an intruder got in and took my child w/o me hearing anything. Yes, I would cry in shame, but at least the police would have the truth from get go - and I would have to deal with my choices/actions. Also, I am certain, many women will criticize but many will empathize as well. 3 kids, you have a bad day.......

This woman only admitted she drank after the video was released, then suddenly, she mentioned the black-out. She got caught.

Everyone with 3 kids have a bad day....hell, many in a row sometimes. I'm sure she wasn't the first to drink and pass out with kids around - and many had bad outcomes - and many have been pushing their luck. Thing is, in the video, she didn't appear to be having a bad day. I do understand what you are saying and I love your post. Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back