• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the jury bought JB story, no doubt. When the alternate was talking, he said he thought they were a dysfunctional family blah blah blah..

WTF!!!! This is all the info. they gained in 31 days?? C'mon! Where are these 12 people from? JP made a mistake not finding better qualified people for that jury. The SP case took 2 months in finding a DP qualifed jury, WTH happened here?

I am so upset by this...shame on the Judge and the Jury!

They knew the manner of death was homicide. They didn't listen to anything the SA said. They simply are liberals (bleeding hearts) who don't believe in the DP.

They knew the manner of death was homicide.
Even I, who has followed this case since day 1, as the saying goes, am not convinced this was a homicide. There are many alternative scenarios which come quickly to mind given there was a pool at the home, GA has a temper as exhibited on national TV and the witness stand, plus the total dysfunction taking place in that home, especially the rumored fight the night of the 15th.

They didn't listen to anything the SA said.
I listened to every word the SA said, listened to the experts, and still I was not convinced. What did sway me, at the very end of the SA’s closing argument was LDB’s pictures of Casey in her blue dress and the tatoo. For a moment there I was screaming murder in the first degree - until I realized my feelings were based on emotion, not evidence. I hate it when that happens - reminds me of the Oxbow Incident.

I am intelligent enough to know circumstantial evidence can make a good, prosecutable case. However, in my opinion, even the circumstantial evidence was suspect, and none of it tied to Casey directly, or alone. In fact, the odor in the car made me more suspicious of GA than Casey. GA said he smelled the smell, knew the smell, left the car at home without calling LE, then went to work - so did Cindy - on the trunk. GA even had his own key to that car, so for me, that let Casey off the hook as being the only person with access to the car.

So, what did I really have? I had a bunch of liars flapping their gums on the witness stand, so many, it was hard to glean any fact from all the fictions. I had a lot of new science that didn’t prove anything to me conclusively - which JB managed to poke holes through during his closing argument. I had a “tale”, woven by the prosecution, of an evil young woman who possibly used chloroform (not proven) before killing her child by wrapping an “odd” brand of duct tape around her head 3 times to suffocate her. To me, that wasn’t proven either; I think it highly possible the tape was used to bind the top of the bag, and caught on Caylee’s hair when her skull came out of the bag. Remember, that bag, body, and skull were subjected to flood, animals, and Kronk. No way was it proven, to me, Casey wrapped that tape around Caylee’s head to kill her.

Plus, there is one other glaring omission to everyone’s argument, both SA, and DT - where was Caylee’s body prior to being placed in the car trunk, IF it ever was in there? GA saw no body on the 24th, TL saw or smelled nothing, even the experts for SA noted there were no early colonizer flies in that trunk. Where was the body and why?

There were so many loose ends in this case the blanket of guilt unraveled very quickly - to me anyway.

They simply are liberals (bleeding hearts) who don't believe in the DP.

I am not a bleeding heart liberal. I am a tough old lady who’s seen a lot of killers come and go I’d have no problem putting a murderer to death, young, old, male, or female, but I wouldn’t put a fly to death on the shaky circumstantial evidence the SA presented to the jury.

If I had been a juror, I would have voted NOT GUILTY, the same as this jury did. It was the right verdict given the evidence presented. No, the jury did not get it wrong.

My opinion only

The above posting is exactly how I feel. Don't understand why they didn't at least put child abuse on her as she didn't know where Caylee was. Neglect at least..
My hinkymeter says that George had more to do with it then was stated. Hope the Judge gives her at LEAST 3 years in jail just for lying to the police; that would be justice. And lets see her try and have a life after that....

I just accidentally saw a clip of juror #3 on one channel while flipping away from her on another. What is wrong with these people? She said they had to worry about the death penalty...umm not for manslaughter or child neglect). And how could it be a murder with no cause of death, who what where when..GMAB!

I just accidentally saw a clip of juror #3 on one channel while flipping away from her on another. What is wrong with these people? She said they had to worry about the death penalty...umm not for manslaughter or child neglect). And how could it be a murder with no cause of death, who what where when..GMAB!

I am watching this also and I am dumb founded. Juror #3 certainly did not review the evidence or understand the process.

Trident I have no doubt you are intelligent and you make valid points, but what the jurors who have talked so far are not harping on the evidence that is my issue so far with the ones that have spoken up. They didn't focus on the evidence and say oh well not enough. They are talking about COD, GA had a hand in it, Casey was a good mom and they believe it to be an accident. No evidence of an accident but that's what they are believing. I've tried to stay impartial cause I got into this case with the trial and don't know all the stuff some of the old timers do. Looking at all the evidence I would have found her guilty at least of manslaughter or child abuse. So if a juror said well it was the evidence then fine I respect that, but what they are saying is crazy. So our opinions are great but the jury is who made the decision and the more they say why makes no sense. At one time is was split and I believe that the 6 caved in to the pressure. That has nothing to do with the states case, that's pure cowardice.

When I heard the juror say that you would have to find out who, what, where, why and how in order to convict, I knew right there that she or they heard absolutely nothing. They needed a video showing the actual murder or it just didn't happen IMO. The way she said this was as if none of these questions were addressed and that it was only speculation. She did not say they did not believe the the SA evidence. This is now in the hands of a higher power. I do feel bad for this jury because if they didn't follow the case before, you can bet that a lot of them will be looking at it closer now. When they see all that they missed, they will have to live with "buyers remorse" for the rest of their lives. IMO more lives ruined by the A's.

I guess people can look at evidence differently! It is fascinating how people see evidence differently!

this is not necessarily what I believe happened, but its how I have come to understand the verdict it is not shocking in the least..I have some disappointment, but I am not shocked and can see how they came to the decision

This is just a few questions I feel there are other things that were questionable as well.

Thanks so much for your thoughts. It really is interesting to see different points of view and you bring up some great counterpoints.

The jury played the cards they were dealt and made their decision accordingly IMO

Something stinks. And it is rotten. Just saying. I think it's dig time. The value of a not guilty verdict to the media is a lot higher for grief *advertiser censored* tv. Something isn't right.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have posted. There have been so many thoughtful, intelligent opinions. And I am so proud that that the debates have been civil and courteous when we disagree. I truly learn from the opposite viewpoint. You all are the best!!!!

The above posting is exactly how I feel. Don't understand why they didn't at least put child abuse on her as she didn't know where Caylee was. Neglect at least..

I think the prosecution made a big mistake not trying to show more evidence of neglect through testimony. I also think they made a big mistake doing the same thing with motive. I know motive is not required but to make the leap from possible accident to murder...there was something missing and it was evidence of abuse or a reason why Casey killed her. Casey's actions during the 31 days turned out to not be enough. Looking at it objectively, with as little emotion as possible, I think those are the areas where the prosecution grossly miscalculated.

This is my first visit back to WS since I read the news of the verdict. I have been just sick about this - they got it so wrong that I, who usually scoffs at conspiracy theories, found myself coming up with all sorts of bizarre creations to try to make it make sense to myself.

I hope those jurors can sleep with easy consciences - I have never felt so disappointed in a group of my fellow humans as I do rght now. There isn't even any common sense in this verdict.

The judicial system is going to have to really examine how the jury process is working in this CSI age, because this is just going to keep on happening while people believe that any "unknowns" in a case automatically means 'not guilty".

I'm so sorry Caylee.

I agree with you about them just being a family with a lazy, lying daughter. Seems like almost all the dysfunction in the family was caused by Casey being a sociopath.

I think the jury didn't like George Anthony and made assumptions because of that. Juror #3 talked about how she didn't believe him because he wasn't cooperative with the defense or prosecution. To me it made complete sense under the circumstances why he would act like that. The prosecution is going for the death penalty for his daughter, the defense is blaming it on him, and his granddaughter that he loved is dead. Of course he doesn't like any of it!

But you used Reasoning and common sense to draw that conclusion

When I heard the juror say that you would have to find out who, what, where, why and how in order to convict, I knew right there that she or they heard absolutely nothing. They needed a video showing the actual murder or it just didn't happen IMO. The way she said this was as if none of these questions were addressed and that it was only speculation. She did not say they did not believe the the SA evidence. This is now in the hands of a higher power. I do feel bad for this jury because if they didn't follow the case before, you can bet that a lot of them will be looking at it closer now. When they see all that they missed, they will have to live with "buyers remorse" for the rest of their lives. IMO more lives ruined by the A's.

BBM- exactly!!!! Its the CSI/Social Media effect. If there's not a videotape or tweet about it immediately, it didn't happen! The didn't follow the directions of the law, and were most certainly worried about penalty before guilt!!!

Hearing her say that they were all over the place then, "we started to look at stuff but didn't know where to look" makes me think the ones that thought her guilty got railroaded by the ones with not guilty opinions and by that point everyone just wanted to get out of there. I bet the argument went something like, "we just sat here listening for 6 weeks and you don't know. How long do you think it will take to go back through all of this? If you can't tell right now how or why (even though that didn't have to be proven) then you can't vote guilty."

I don't think any of them understood that if they convicted on manslaughter she would not get the death penalty.....gggrrrrr :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I suggest everyone read the interviews and watch the videos of the jurors that have talked so far. It's a real eye opener. If you agree with the jurys decision fine, but i have a hard time believing anyone actually agree with the points and "facts" they came away with. My dh believed there wasnt enough evidence, but when he heard the #3 speak he felt they were either confused, didnt care enough to listen, wanted to go home, or just plain stupid or letting others bully them into a decision.

Can anyone tell me why the jury thinks the family was so dysfunctional? Sure the pregnancy bit is odd. But I see the whole thing as a family having a lazy, lying daughter that did not want to work. Any bothering the Anthonys did of Casey is what most families would do in that situation. What did the jury think was so odd? Unlesd you totally bought Baez unsubstantiated story that came from Casey mouth, what evidence was there of a totally dysfunctional family?

They think it because Baez alleged it and they latched on to his opening statement. Beyond that, nothing else seemed to matter to them. They didn't want to blame KC. Probably didn't think such a cute little thing could possibly do anything wrong. (Although why on earth didn't they think that not calling 911, if they though it was accident, coupled with throwing baby away in swamp weren't aggravated child abuse?) Apparently, they wanted to blame George, even though he wasn't on trial, even though he searched frantically for Caylee, something KC never did.

All this "best justice system in the world, can't criticize the system" stuff is ringing pretty hollow for me after this verdict. I see no justice in what we've just witnessed. As much as we want a system that doesn't convict the innocent, we also need a system that convicts the guilty. Our system allows for too much confusion and obfuscation, delays too long, doesn't include everyone in jury selection and permits slimy defense tactics, such as blaming witnesses for crimes without putting forth any proof. Witnesses should have at least equal presumptions of innocence as do defendants. This jury makes no sense to me. I'm pretty sure that after being sequestered together for a month, one or two individuals, or a small clique, emerged as leaders and brought this verdict home. There doesn't seem to have been a clear understanding of the judge's instructions. The jury seems to have been biased in favor of the defense, for some reason I will never understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay