• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'd agree with you there if they hadn't been a "death penalty qualified" jury, allegedly. But I too think they would have found her guilty if there was an alternative to the DP.

There were many alternatives . As has been stated, even if she got convicted of first degree murder the jury did not have to give her the death penalty. Also, its been pointed out by some of the experts that it against the rules to even consider the punishment when determining guilt. It is not allowed and was explained to them clearly. The death penalty OPTION is no excuse for this travesty. None at all

I have always been scared to really speak up on this forum because I have never believed either side the state or defense 100%. Sometimes I am scared if you do not believe the state's version of events people will go nuts on here! I actually believe the Jurors made the right decision based on the evidence put forth! There was absolutely enough reasonable doubt IMO! I know a lot of people are emotionally invested here, and if this offends you I am sorry!
I would have also made that decision. I have to say I find that the state was over zealous, and even more egotistical then Baez IMO! I think they should of never centered their case around a murder 1 felony conviction, when clearly this was a manslaughter case!They wanted the sexy case big conviction based on the fact the public and media were so involved! Yes Aggravated manslaughter was a possible charge, but they spent too much time trying to prove premeditation!
IMO I this is the story of a young,reckless mother who most likely used chloroform as a sleep aide! The fact is known she had trouble putting Caylee to sleep! She doesn't strike me of the brightest person. She may have first tried it on the dogs to see if it was okay. Only Casey did not wake up. She frigan panicked and like the Anthony's do all the time..she escaped from reality/disassociated/ denied what was going on(IE Cindy with the pregnancy, George's alleged affair, Lee not looking for Caylee and basically ignoring the trial) Casey just did this learned behavior to the extreme. She still escapes every time that baby's remains are shown!
This was never a Capital murder case, it is the states fault because they let the media guide their judgement! I believe the girl is guilty of the accidental death of her daughter and improper disposal! I do not see Casey as the cold-hearted sociopath that a lot of people see her as.She actually reminds me of a couple Bipolar people I know who often make extremely reckless decisions! Should she have gotten jail time Yes, did the state mess up yes!
What is getting me pissed off through this is the non objective media in this case, they are completely in bed with the prosecution! They use that baby's name as a banner for a frigan Lynch mob this whole case, and it's sensationalism sickens me! I started watching this when nancy grace started talking about the baby's dissapperance, and I am so disgusted how I was so misguided by that women!
I am very proud of the jury for doing their sevice! These people lived, slept, breathed, and dealt with this case every frigan day. They deserve some respect, they made the right decision based on the evidence! Now looneytune news anchors are rallying up the masses to go after these poor people, who did what they were supposed to do! Sorry for the rant I am done!

Where are people getting the idea this was a death qualified panel? I clearly heard most say they were not for the DP.

I think it is time for me to take a time-out from the thread..

All this pride about the jury "doing their service"...ehem. The only people that get on a jury are those that want to be on one, those that are too stupid to get out of one and RARELY, in my opinion, very RARELY those that hold themselves to a civic duty. IMO - This case proves this to the upteenth degree. In fact, pause for a moment and take into consideration what a juror would do if they were purely following their civic duty...Would they run and hide when the time came for them to speak?

moo

sclark - i respect and appreciate your opinion, thank you!

just wanted to point out one thing. using chloroform as a sleep aid on a child, resulting in the child's death, IS felony murder in FL! just as an FYI!

Where are people getting the idea this was a death qualified panel? I clearly heard most say they were not for the DP.

Because HHJP qualified them as such during jury selection questioning.....?

I have always been scared to really speak up on this forum because I have never believed either side the state or defense 100%. Sometimes I am scared if you do not believe the state's version of events people will go nuts on here! I actually believe the Jurors made the right decision based on the evidence put forth! There was absolutely enough reasonable doubt IMO! I know a lot of people are emotionally invested here, and if this offends you I am sorry!
I would have also made that decision. I have to say I find that the state was over zealous, and even more egotistical then Baez IMO! I think they should of never centered their case around a murder 1 felony conviction, when clearly this was a manslaughter case!They wanted the sexy case big conviction based on the fact the public and media were so involved! Yes Aggravated manslaughter was a possible charge, but they spent too much time trying to prove premeditation!
IMO I this is the story of a young,reckless mother who most likely used chloroform as a sleep aide! The fact is known she had trouble putting Caylee to sleep! She doesn't strike me of the brightest person. She may have first tried it on the dogs to see if it was okay. Only Casey did not wake up. She frigan panicked and like the Anthony's do all the time..she escaped from reality/disassociated/ denied what was going on(IE Cindy with the pregnancy, George's alleged affair, Lee not looking for Caylee and basically ignoring the trial) Casey just did this learned behavior to the extreme. She still escapes every time that baby's remains are shown!
This was never a Capital murder case, it is the states fault because they let the media guide their judgement! I believe the girl is guilty of the accidental death of her daughter and improper disposal! I do not see Casey as the cold-hearted sociopath that a lot of people see her as.She actually reminds me of a couple Bipolar people I know who often make extremely reckless decisions! Should she have gotten jail time Yes, did the state mess up yes!
What is getting me pissed off through this is the non objective media in this case, they are completely in bed with the prosecution! They use that baby's name as a banner for a frigan Lynch mob this whole case, and it's sensationalism sickens me! I started watching this when nancy grace started talking about the baby's dissapperance, and I am so disgusted how I was so misguided by that women!
I am very proud of the jury for doing their sevice! These people lived, slept, breathed, and dealt with this case every frigan day. They deserve some respect, they made the right decision based on the evidence! Now looneytune news anchors are rallying up the masses to go after these poor people, who did what they were supposed to do! Sorry for the rant I am done!

Anyone who watches Nancy Grace is just asking for a heart attack. I have seen exactly 2 minutes of her once only because she was a guest on another show. She's hideous.

And while I do understand your point about "sensationalism" with news reporters or people stalking the Anthony family, I would like to point out that for most people, what you are calling sensationalism is actually outrage that a mother could do treat her child so callously.

[/I]

I'm just curious. Do you think the prosecution proved any cause of death?

You say (sorry, I know it is not to me)....

... I think it just seems more logical that it was an accident unless you get too caught up in hating Casey Anthony. That is not saying it was nothing or there was not major neglect or that it is wrong not to report a death of any kind. I don't think we should convict someone of first degree murder and possibly give them the death penalty, when there's reasonable doubt it was even a murder.

I have no doubt it was a murder. Yes. I think the evidence was there. Computer searches for chloroform(sp?) and other inuries, the duck tape accross the mouth, the lies about the nanny, dumping the body in the woods, the 31 days in which she exhibited nothing remotely connected to grief or loss, the canine search hits, expereinced people who have smelled decomposition and their testimony and KC was the last one with Caylee. And I don't not beleive for one minute GA would dispose of that child that way no matter what. I do not know if KC got up that day and said, I will kill my child. But I think she had been planning it on some level. I believe she was angry that day and frustrated that she had to care for her daughter and took it out on her.

Now here is my sticky Q. If you heard all that information and the defendant had been an obese, unatractive woman would the jury have convicted her? I think they bought into her youth and beauty and that she just could not possibly have been so diabolical. By the way, my feelings are not based on hate, they are based on the evidenced as I saw it. JMO

I disagree about KC but I think you made a lot of valid points. NG is phony, reckless, and irresponsible. She decides your "it" and goes to town and never shows any objectivity. Same for JVM. But I think Beth Karas, Casey Jordan and Jean Casarez are very objective and not exploitive. NG is using Caylee A. for her own selfish goals,ratings. She cares sooooo much about her cases, that once they are no longer in the limelight..we never hear the name on her show..oooh I just did quite a rant..LOL

Please dont be scared, Im glad you are being honest. I just have to say though, it was clearly explained that the scenario that you say happened is still felony murder. So saying that you think that happened, but the jury made the right verdict makes no sense to me. I know not everyone agrees with us, but I just have to think there is a reason people are so upset, its not for nothing

I guess people can look at evidence differently! It is fascinating how people see evidence differently!

I have no doubt it was a murder. Yes. I think the evidence was there. Computer searches for chloroform(sp?) and other inuries,The way I saw this is as no premeditation hardcore evidence; her boyfriend DID without a doubt have it on his myspace page! That is a reasonable explanation. There was also debate about the amount of times it was actually search. The cryptic searches like neck breaking could of been done with her self defense search or had something to do with the self defense search.. which would then make more sense to to why neck breaking was looked up the duck tape accross the mouth,A gain to me this was one of the worst pieces of evidence and here's why: the meter reader literally moved the bag with the meter stick! Casey's DNA was not on the tape atll, but another DNA profile was though, then the Anthony's claimed they wrapped their dead pets with duck-tape at the end the lies about the nanny, dumping the body in the woods, the 31 days in which she exhibited nothing remotely connected to grief or loss,She lied but this does not prove anything. Who knows the range of reactions after a death of a loved child, especially from a family that are all liars and constantly cover up tragedies. Can someone prove that this is not some kind of denial, brink of psychosis, The girl was already lying before this tragedy. How do I know other lying Anthony's weren't involved. the canine search hits, expereinced people who have smelled decomposition and their testimony and KC was the last one with Caylee. Yes, the dog searches I have to admit were weird, but it only proves there was a dead caylee in the backyard and possibly the trunk. Others didn't smell it, and why didn't an officer report the smell of death??And I don't not beleive for one minute GA would dispose of that child that way no matter what.but evidence didn't prove that he didn't! He allegedly lied about the affair IMO I do not know if KC got up that day and said, I will kill my child. But I think she had been planning it on some level. I believe she was angry that day and frustrated that she had to care for her daughter and took it out on her.Doesn't matter what people think; it matters what evidence proves

Now here is my sticky Q. If you heard all that information and the defendant had been an obese, unatractive woman would the jury have convicted her? I think they bought into her youth and beauty and that she just could not possibly have been so diabolical. By the way, my feelings are not based on hate, they are based on the evidenced as I saw it. JMO

this is not necessarily what I believe happened, but its how I have come to understand the verdict it is not shocking in the least..I have some disappointment, but I am not shocked and can see how they came to the decision

This is just a few questions I feel there are other things that were questionable as well.

I disagree about KC but I think you made a lot of valid points. NG is phony, reckless, and irresponsible. She decides your "it" and goes to town and never shows any objectivity. Same for JVM. But I think Beth Karas, Casey Jordan and Jean Casarez are very objective and not exploitive. NG is using Caylee A. for her own selfish goals,ratings. She cares sooooo much about her cases, that once they are no longer in the limelight..we never hear the name on her show..oooh I just did quite a rant..LOL

thanks I appreciate it!

Please dont be scared, Im glad you are being honest. I just have to say though, it was clearly explained that the scenario that you say happened is still felony murder. So saying that you think that happened, but the jury made the right verdict makes no sense to me. I know not everyone agrees with us, but I just have to think there is a reason people are so upset, its not for nothing

Ohhh I understand! That's what my theory is; however I don't think the evidence proved it Beyond a reasonable doubt. I think that it can be argued either felony murder or Aggravated manslaughter of a child though.

this jury (high profile case, trial of the century) never asked questions during delibertion? and hardly took notes........I will NEVER understand these folks.......

You know what I find odd?
Remember the 48 Hour Special with the mock jury before jury selection.
They said they thought it was an accident and they all voted to acquit ICA.
Then we heard that jury consultant Richard Gabriel baled on the defense.
But, on Dr. Drew, he talked as though he was working with them and fought for that jury.
Now listening to RH, alt juror, he says he thought it was an accident. And
all voted to acquit her.
Coincidence?
I don't believe in coincidences. I am beginning to smell a very odd rat.

I agree!

I have to ask if this ever even crossed anybody's mind even for a second! Does anybody believe the Anthony's could of met up with Baez before the trial, and they are all in on the defense!? I know this is out there, but it crossed my mid i told my friend she was like "OMG MEEE TOO" so I was wondering if there were others. Not saying I believe it ..just that it crossed my mind!

Ohhh I understand! That's what my theory is; however I don't think the evidence proved it Beyond a reasonable doubt. I think that it can be argued either felony murder or Aggravated manslaughter of a child though.

OK, I gotcha now. Although I disagree, but now what you said makes sense, you favor that theory most above others, but not enough to convict

I have tried to look at this from your point of view, ignore the partying, etc. But like the prosecutors who have experience in this said, they thought anyone could look at the transporting and dumping of the body, and the hiding and lying, and conclude it was obviously a murder. People are convicted when there is no body, of course they can be convicted even if cause of death is unknown. I was ok with them not finding first degree murder, but to have her not get convicted on anything to do with the death of that child makes no legal sense. There is a reason so many people are shocked, it's not for nothing.

I paid close attention to the Hans Reiser case where there was no body of his ex wife. I thought he was guilty, but based on many things - uh, not withstanding the fact that he remodeled his car. Unfortunately for Hans, he also decided to testify ... and testify and testify. At any rate, I agree that there are definitely times someone can be found guilty without a body. Fortunately, after Hans was found guilty and before sentencing he gave up the location of her body.

I am not saying Casey is not guilty of something, but they did not pursue those routes, else she might have been convicted on other charges. I think that those who are shocked at the outcome should start looking at how prosecutors behave in some of these trials. They missed the boat on this one and chose to dramatize things instead of focus on the evidence and, reasonably, what conviction they not only could get but makes sense based on those facts. I don't believe Casey is a sociopath. I could be wrong, I think she has problems, I think she lied, but a sociopath, probably not. People are already even trying to extend that to her being a serial killer. No evidence of that potential as far as we know.

How can you say she isnt a sociopath? I know we cant diagnose someone ourselves, but for god's sake she had no regard to the pain of anyone. She cleaned out her best friends account, slandered her parents, lied to their faces and tortured them to death by keeping hope that Caylee was alive. She has never in anything ive seen and heard shown any concern for anyone but herself. Just the fact that she stole from everyone around her (just so she wouldnt have to work) shows she has no empathy, and then we talk about throwing her daughter out like garbage (not to mention murder), but for argument's sake, I will say even if it was an accident, those things I mentioned show a complete disregard to those around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru