• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way why do talking heads keep saying it took Casey 31 day to report it? She didn't report it to police, her mother did.

I don't think the jurors believed the defense scenario. Have they said they believed it? I'm hearing that they don't know what happened to Caylee.

Well the ones that were interviewed were talking about a possibility of some horrible accident, so I presume they believed the defense scenario. What other options are there if they didn't believe it was a murder or an accident? Alien abduction?

I don't think the jurors believed the defense scenario. Have they said they believed it? I'm hearing that they don't know what happened to Caylee.

Well, one of them believed there was no body in the car. How can anyone come to that conclusion? Its reasonable to assume that all the people who smelled it lied? That its a coincidence that Casey abandoned her car 10 minutes after texting Amy that her car smelled like a dead animal? That a cadaver dog also coincidentally smelled death? How can you possible explain all that?

Where is the evidence of Caylee not having a social security number? She was born in the hospital and had a doctor so it's not as if they were hiding her away in a closet.

That video looked completely normal to me. I'm a mother of three young kids, my daughter just turned three and I saw nothing unusual about it. Nothing. I also have many many friends with young kids who I see daily...not all two year olds are bouncing off the walls.

The other day my about to turn two cousin was over, and I was watching Diary of a Wimpy Kid with my son, and I was surprised when she got on the bed and laid down on top of me with me cuddling her and watched the movie quietly for 20 minutes. I can guarantee you she is not abused in any way, shape, or form.

Well, one of them believed there was no body in the car. How can anyone come to that conclusion? Its reasonable to assume that all the people who smelled it lied? That its a coincidence that Casey abandoned her car 10 minutes after texting Amy that her car smelled like a dead animal? That a cadaver dog also coincidentally smelled death? How can you possible explain all that?

That's all circumstantial as well. I don't think they looked at any circumstantial evidence. They were looking for "proof"... and I guess they couldn't find it in the circumstantial evidence. I did though.

And why the jury may have come to the verdict they did. If the thoughts in this commentary are true about the effects of sequestration on juries, then something needs to change in how juries are kept from outside influences so they do not get into a group think mode. Maybe jurors should not be allowed to stay together as a group for long trials. Maybe their families should be sequestered along with them.

I have no good suggestion but the system as it is did not work in this case as shown in the statements of Juror #3.

Casey Jury Brainwash
The Daily Beast, Friday, July 8, 2011, 5:33am (PDT)

The inevitable juror cameos have begun. Juror Number Three, now known as Jennifer Ford, spoke to Nightline. She came forward to give her explanation for the shocking acquittal that freed Casey Anthony of any criminal liability for the killing of her baby, Caylee Anthony.

No doubt she meant to justify the verdict. On that score, she failed. But she succeeded in showing us a great deal about the dynamics and thinking of this jury—significantly, this sequestered jury.

<SNIP>

Unfortunately—and psychological studies bear this out—a group that is kept together for any length of time becomes more and more alike, more in sync, as time goes on. (By the way, this phenomenon is also in play with regard to proximity to the defendant. The longer the jury is in contact with the defendant, the less sinister he or she appears. In this way, familiarity with Casey Anthony turned her from a potential murderer to an abused, perhaps disturbed, but certainly nonthreatening, child.) Add this phenomenon to the natural desire to avoid contentiousness and seek harmony and you can see how individuality begins to erode in a sequestered jury.

More: http://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/politics/casey-jury-brainwash-1694371.story

And why the jury may have come to the verdict they did. If the thoughts in this commentary are true about the effects of sequestration on juries, then something needs to change in how juries are kept from outside influences so they do not get into a group think mode. Maybe jurors should not be allowed to stay together as a group for long trials. Maybe their families should be sequestered along with them.

I have no good suggestion but the system as it is did not work in this case as shown in the statements of Juror #3.

Casey Jury Brainwash
The Daily Beast, Friday, July 8, 2011, 5:33am (PDT)

The inevitable juror cameos have begun. Juror Number Three, now known as Jennifer Ford, spoke to Nightline. She came forward to give her explanation for the shocking acquittal that freed Casey Anthony of any criminal liability for the killing of her baby, Caylee Anthony.

No doubt she meant to justify the verdict. On that score, she failed. But she succeeded in showing us a great deal about the dynamics and thinking of this jury—significantly, this sequestered jury.

<SNIP>

Unfortunately—and psychological studies bear this out—a group that is kept together for any length of time becomes more and more alike, more in sync, as time goes on. (By the way, this phenomenon is also in play with regard to proximity to the defendant. The longer the jury is in contact with the defendant, the less sinister he or she appears. In this way, familiarity with Casey Anthony turned her from a potential murderer to an abused, perhaps disturbed, but certainly nonthreatening, child.) Add this phenomenon to the natural desire to avoid contentiousness and seek harmony and you can see how individuality begins to erode in a sequestered jury.

More: http://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/politics/casey-jury-brainwash-1694371.story
I just read this article and was just about to post it here, when I saw that you had. It's interesting, isn't it, what it says about sequestering making people begin to think alike, and strive for harmony? And this was a 6 week trial, so this was amplified.

Release the Juror information now. Nothing will happen to them. We just have a few questions.

That's all circumstantial as well. I don't think they looked at any circumstantial evidence. They were looking for "proof"... and I guess they couldn't find it in the circumstantial evidence. I did though.

I guess they were looking for a video of ICA killing Caylee, since the only charges that they convicted her on were the ones that had video proof. What planet are these people from? I can't shake the feeling that there is something very hinky with this jury. I am not sure if it was just lack of common sense, laziness, willful ignorance of the process, or something more sinister. But I am convinced that something is wrong here. :twocents:

Release the Juror information now. Nothing will happen to them. We just have a few questions.
If you read the above posted article, I think it lays out very well how the jury was convinced of Baez' theory. The author believes it was pre-mediated murder.

I feel sorry for those jurors. If they haven't already received death threats surely they will. I hope people quit feeding this hate frenzy and leave them alone.

I guess they were looking for a video of ICA killing Caylee, since the only charges that they convicted her on were the ones that had video proof. What planet are these people from? I can't shake the feeling that there is something very hinky with this jury. I am not sure if it was just lack of common sense, laziness, willful ignorance of the process, or something more sinister. But I am convinced that something is wrong here. :twocents:

Yep, they were looking for surveillance video. And as I said before, I do think juror fatigue played a role.

I expected hung myself, knowing the original vote was 10-2 I just wish the 2 would have held out....but they didn't so it is what it is. Caylee was not given justice in the court system BUT justice she will be given when her killer stands before a much more important judge someday!

I just read this article and was just about to post it here, when I saw that you had. It's interesting, isn't it, what it says about sequestering making people begin to think alike, and strive for harmony? And this was a 6 week trial, so this was amplified.

I respect your opinion, but wow, that article is full of pop psychology and Monday morning quarterbacking. Perhaps the jurors were looking for proof that we saw and that they did not, because a woman's fate was in their hands, not ours. I don't agree with the verdict at all, but just as Jeff Ashton suggested... if they don't see duct tape around a skull as a murder, then so be it.

Do you think they saw this? (trunk liner stain) Doesn't get much clearer than that to me she was in that trunk....dead.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6281645&postcount=838"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.02.16 Document Release: Stain on Trunk Liner[/ame]

I just listened to Juror #3's interview again.

If this woman had been on the Scott Peterson Jury,she would have needed the cause of death in order to vote guilty. If left up to her, he would be living a fancy free lifestyle right now.

I remember in his closing arguments, State prosecutor Rick Distaso told the Jury...I don't have to prove to you how he did it...I don't have to prove to you why he did it. All I have to do is prove to you is,he did it.

Had Jeff Ashton included the above in his closing argument, would it have made a difference?

I'm bringing this post of mine over here...seems appropriate enough.

I was doing a little googling...because I'm curious like that. I'm not making any allegation WHATSOEVER...but think it will be interesting to listen to the jurors in the coming months. There is a remedy for inappropriate juror misconduct found out AFTER a verdict is rendered. It's called Granting a Motion for New Trial. I need to research and read up....but boy oh boy wouldn't that be a dream come true. Of course, I'm not a lawyer, so we need to ask the attorneys how rare it is that a new trial motion is granted. If ever.

http://www.ncids.org/Def Manual ...anual_CH24.pdf

"Granting a motion for a new trial for misconduct discovered after the verdict. Like a motion for mistrial, a motion for a new trial is addressed to the sound discretion of the trial judge, and unless his or her ruling is clearly erroneous or an abuse of discretion, it will not be disturbed. State v. Johnson, 295 N.C. 227 (1978); State v. Sneeden, 274 N.C. 498 (1968)."

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/c...5_JurisIni.pdf

Florida Supreme Court leaves it in the trial judges hands on whether or not to set aside the verdict or to claim a mistrial for jury misconduct. IF jury misconduct is revealed, investigated and found true, JP can require a new trial for Casey. According to the document, it's normally the defense who claims jury misconduct, but if there was jury misconduct and it's discovered i.e. a juror with a conscious that comes forward, the jurors can be prosecuted and a mistrial will be declared.

FORGIVE ME IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED. I'm just coming out a my stupor from the verdict reading.

I just listened to Juror #3's interview again.

If this woman had been on the Scott Peterson Jury,she would have needed the cause of death in order to vote guilty. If left up to her, he would be living a fancy free lifestyle right now.

I remember in his closing arguments, State prosecutor Rick Distaso told the Jury...I don't have to prove to you how he did it...I don't have to prove to you why he did it. All I have to do is prove to you is,he did it.

Had Jeff Ashton included the above in his closing argument, would it have made a difference?

Magnolia, it might have made a difference! If only they could re-write their closing arguments. I think by that time the prosecutors thought they had it in the bag (as I did), and they got all puffed up. As LDB said, I'm not going to show you any flowcharts or "pyrotechnics". Maybe they should have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout