Did this school bus driver go too far?

• Yes

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
Who hit who first? I think if a person is attacking the driver, the driver has a right to defend herself, even if the person attack you is under the age of 18.

A boy called 911 and reported that their bus driver had gone insane and they needed help.

The person who posted that the driver was waiting for police to arrive---uh, not so much. She didn't call 911. KIDS called 911.

The students thinking the driver is insane leads me to believe the DRIVER "threw the first punch"

My brother and his wife have driven school buses for 15 years and they would have taken this kid back to the school and kicked her off the bus for 30 days. Let her parent drive her. Riding the bus is a privilege not a right.

I am undecided. I see so many different views and feelings going on in the video.

I would not have opened my door for just anyone knocking on it. How would I know who the person is? The driver was waiting for authorities to arrive. The driver's daughter held back almost 8 minutes until she intervened and it was only when the two got physical with each other.

These kids are old enough to realize that if they behave, the bus will move. Most of them actually were well-behaved until a few minutes into the drama. I was pleased to see that.

Samantha was the one that was out of control and basically causing the bus not to move.

The driver is told, "My mom is going to be coming around that corner in one minute." In a short while after that, you hear the parent knocking on the door and begging the driver to open the door.'

I have to admit, the bus drivers daughter had the mouth of a truck driver also....she could have stuck up for her mom without all the 'words'...but, honestly, I woulda prolly done and said the same thing at her age...sad isn't it? BUT, stuck up for my mom against a girl like Samantha, no doubt, acted like Samantha did, NEVER. I would have never acted like that, or my classmates.

:clap: :clap: :clap: DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with kids today? One good look at their parents and you'll find the answer!
Exactly!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The driver is told, "My mom is going to be coming around that corner in one minute." In a short while after that, you hear the parent knocking on the door and begging the driver to open the door.'

How does the driver know that's really her mom? Unless she met her before she shouldn't let her go until the right authorities got there. She's still got to follow the rules, I think.

She also could have thought the mom might escalate the incident even further seeing as how her daughter acted. :eek:

IMO IMO!!! :blowkiss:

kgeaux, you say that the driver should have remained in her seat. Was she supposed to let the girl walk out those doors? I think she was standing there to keep her from pulling the doors open and leaving. Maybe she wasn't, I don't know. Just a thought.

I'm more in favor of the girl wanting off the bus, because she has guts and stands up for herself. First, she's gotten onto by a security guard for some reason ( perhaps arguing with the driver's daughter already?), then the bus keeps getting pulled over, then she wants off the bus, and tries to call her mother. The driver's daughter had no business getting into a fight, and the bus driver had no right physically handling or touching the girl in my opinion. Call a supervisor, school security, park the bus, and wait if things get out of hand. I'm suspecting that the driver's daughter and maybe a group of friends had some grudge or fight going with this girl and the driver mom got into it. They shouldn't have allowed the bus to roll if some big argument was going on beforehand.

The thing that strikes me as a little funny about this whole situation is big mouth sally thought she was all big and bad until bus drivers daughter came up and started whopping her butt. All of a sudden she was crying & really didn't know how to fight back. If your going to have such a big ugly mouth like that please make sure you can back yourself up..

Im sorry but what a twisted little brat Samantha is. Even in the video clip of her and her mother being interviewed her face lights up and she tries to hide a smile when the interviewer tells her that just about everybody nhas seen her on the clip. She is quite clearly an attention seeker with a big voice but nothing of any interest to say with it. I was cheering when the drivers daughter got up and gave her what for!

I'm checking "school bus driver" off my list of career options! That is one thankless job, IMO.

What? Come on you'd be great with these yapping, smart mouth girls. TM, I'd be locked up first day on the job.

I'm more in favor of the girl wanting off the bus, because she has guts and stands up for herself. First, she's gotten onto by a security guard for some reason ( perhaps arguing with the driver's daughter already?), then the bus keeps getting pulled over, then she wants off the bus, and tries to call her mother. The driver's daughter had no business getting into a fight, and the bus driver had no right physically handling or touching the girl in my opinion. Call a supervisor, school security, park the bus, and wait if things get out of hand. I'm suspecting that the driver's daughter and maybe a group of friends had some grudge or fight going with this girl and the driver mom got into it. They shouldn't have allowed the bus to roll if some big argument was going on beforehand.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect the bus driver to sit there and do nothing until a supervisor arrives. It would have taken way too long for any help to arrive. She was the only adult in charge of a large number of children, some of whom were disrespectful and combative. The situation was getting out of hand quickly and could have escalated very easily. I think she did the best she could in a very volatile situation.

I completely agree with you that the security guard should never have allowed the girl to get on the bus at all, considering she was causing trouble before boarding.

What? Come on you'd be great with these yapping, smart mouth girls. TM, I'd be locked up first day on the job.

My blood pressure rises when I even think of that yappy little girl on the bus video! I'm afraid we'd be sharing a cell, Filly! lol Nah, I don't really think I'd get physical, but the strain on ME would not be worth it.

Seriously there were times when just the 3 youngsters of my own in the van had me pulling off to the side till they stopped whatever they were doing, mostly when they were real young though. Not so much anymore. THANK GOD.

All I kept thinking about Samantha was that she must be a real treat at home when she doesn't get her way. Anyone remember the toon "Katie Ka-Boom" from the Animaniacs? :crazy:

My blood pressure rises when I even think of that yappy little girl on the bus video! I'm afraid we'd be sharing a cell, Filly! lol Nah, I don't really think I'd get physical, but the strain on ME would not be worth it.

Seriously there were times when just the 3 youngsters of my own in the van had me pulling off to the side till they stopped whatever they were doing, mostly when they were real young though. Not so much anymore. THANK GOD.

All I kept thinking about Samantha was that she must be a real treat at home when she doesn't get her way. Anyone remember the toon "Katie Ka-Boom" from the Animaniacs? :crazy:

LOL Katie Ka-BOOM! Yepper. I loved Elvira too. The one hugged and kissed the animals so tight they all ran away when they saw her coming.

No kidding!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I couldn't do it! I always felt sorry for the bus drivers at our school. Most of them were such nice people. Their job was WAY worse than having the children in the classroom. In fact, the janitor had a hard job too. It takes everyone on campus working together to make our schools a great place for children to be.

I've watched this video on Greta so many times. And, I watched as the drivers daughter sat and just observed things until the girl grabbed her mom. Then she pushed her way out of the seat and went to her aid. It seemed the drivers daughter had been taught to stay in her seat, and did until she saw what she felt was her mother being attacked.

I've also heard that so many kids had called their parents that the bus door was swarming with parents wanting the door opened. The bus driver probably felt if she opened that door before police got there that the parents would drag her out and ask questions later. All because a little brat was tired of what she felt was too many stops by the bus.

I watched this brat on Greta last night with "her attorney!" Same chitty grin on her face. She loves the attention. It makes me sick.

I watched this brat on Greta last night with "her attorney!" Same chitty grin on her face. She loves the attention. It makes me sick.
Makes me sick also. :mad: If she is this out of control at this age, just think what she is going to be like as an adult!:eek:

Looking at the video I definately think the bus driver shouldn't have put her hands on the girls arms to tell her to get back in her seat. I think that could have been handled a bit differently. I think the girl made the situation out to be much worse than what it was with her refusal to get back to her seat, if she wanted off she should have approached the bus driver much calmer instead of acting like a mad woman. I do not think the bus driver should be charged because I do feel like she was trying to do her job the best she could. The school buses definately need an extra adult on board to help. I remember riding the bus when I was in school and trust me alot can happen that no bus driver could be aware of because their eyes need to be on the road. I probably would have done the same as the daughter had I seen that someone was laying their hands on my mom. She sat there for a long time watching it play out before getting involved.

Personally I think the girl is a Drama Queen and feeds off of the attention.

Can you imagine getting a call from your daughter telling you that the bus driver is touching her...the girl is in the wrong but I feel bad for the girls mother who had to hear that over the phone not knowing what was taking place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back