Did You Know That Patsy Spelled Advise Wrong In The Sample RN?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did You Know That Patsy Misspelled Advise In The Sample RN?

• Yes, I Knew That Patsy Misspelled Advise.

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • No, I Had No Clue That Patsy Misspelled Advise, Until Holdon Pointed It Out In A Thread.

Votes: 121 81.8%

• Total voters
something else i don't know how to explain exactly....
there is some sort of "trembling"(maybe not the right term to use) in BOTH writings.....another coincidence?

something else i don't know how to explain exactly....
there is some sort of "trembling"(maybe not the right term to use) in BOTH writings.....another coincidence?

Yeah, they are both very shaky looking. NO...not a coincidence. Both writings are going to look the same...because she wrote them both.... the orginal and the sample RN.

I am going to go back and look at Patsy's letter samples again. I think that we all may onto something here. So, what are the chances that both SHE and the RN author, leave off the accent mark on attache...and they BOTH put hooks at the end of their y's? Plus their q's look just like 8's? What are the chances that Patsy and the RN author are NOT the same person? ZERO TO NONE!

pls do.I even copied and pasted it,and then changed the background to black and white,enlarged it,etc.The hook is definitely there.It's the one that says something like 'It's a nice day out.Jonni B would have liked this day'.(or something like that).

pls do.I even copied and pasted it,and then changed the background to black and white,enlarged it,etc.The hook is definitely there.It's the one that says something like 'It's a nice day out.Jonni B would have liked this day'.(or something like that).

I was looking for Patsy's alphabet samples...but, couldn't find it. I DID find this though...while I was looking. You may have seen this already...

http://www.rense.com/general11/benet.htm

thanks and

oh,i SOOO agree....

There used to be a petition site to go demand the Gov. Of Colorado appoint and office of special prosector. I used to have that in my Links Since the Strokes I have somehow lost the link. I think it was for Gov Owens not Gov. Ritter. But still something needs to be done. As it stands that baby was murdered and there has been NO Justice.

Also about the note why do you think Patsy never used Jonbenet's name?

According to most of the IDI's, and this is something the Ramseys threw out there too, the intruder didn't use it because maybe he didn't know how to spell it but if he had time to rifle around the paperwork and find JR's bonus amount wouldn't this intruder also have time to find Jonbenet's name somewhere and know how to spell it?

I think one reason was that they were trying to make the RN seem like it was written by someone who was familiar with JR and his company, but not familiar enough to know his daughter's name. While they DID throw nearly every one they knew under the bus, they knew full well that they'd NEVER tie anyone who actually KNEW them to the murder and make it stick. I mean, even THEY knew there was no evidence that anyone they mentioned to LE was in the house that night. And everyone they fingered to LE knew JBR's name.
That and also the fact that once she was dead, PR completely distanced herself from her little girl, not even staying with her body until she was taken to the morgue. She didn't want to face JBR again until she was lying in her coffin, once again primped up in her pageant dress and tiara and blonde curls. "Perfect" again, just as she said to her son. What a strange thing to say to a dead child's sibling. But then again, to PR, "perfect" was what it was all about with JBR.
Lying dead, stiff and rumpled under the Christmas tree- THAT wasn't acceptable. So turn and walk out, without a backwards glance.
And don't look again till she's "perfect" again.

There used to be a petition site to go demand the Gov. Of Colorado appoint and office of special prosector. I used to have that in my Links Since the Strokes I have somehow lost the link. I think it was for Gov Owens not Gov. Ritter. But still something needs to be done. As it stands that baby was murdered and there has been NO Justice.

yep,i recall signing such a petition e few months ago....even if i noticed that it was a pretty old one...
i don't remember the link though.

and ita,something needs to be done...
even if after the karr circus/joke (geez,i hate m.tracey:mad: )it would be hard for me to believe that what they say is true and accurate.

It just makes me more confident than ever...that she DID write that Ransom note. Advise is way too easy of a word, for her to have messed up accidently...especially for a JOURNALISM major. She messed it up in the sample, on purpose. If Patsy was some idiot...and didn't have a degree in Journalism...then I would think that it was done accidently...that she really didn't know how to spell the word advise....but, that is simply not the case here. She misspelled advise accidently...but spelled attaché and other more difficult words, correctly....no, I don't buy that.

For what it's worth: I have a master's in strategic communications (marketing and journalism are the two emphasis options at Univ of KS where I went) and I often have to stop and think how to spell this word. It always looks odd to me spelled with an s. However, I have always gone back and corrected it after using a z.

I might also add that at KU Journalism was a very popular major for sorority girls just because they would either want to be on tv (reporters, anchors) or to write for magazines. And we all know sorority girls aren't necessarily known for their intellect...I can say this because I was one. Hope I don't offend. :)

I might also add that at KU Journalism was a very popular major for sorority girls just because they would either want to be on tv (reporters, anchors) or to write for magazines. And we all know sorority girls aren't necessarily known for their intellect...I can say this because I was one. Hope I don't offend. :)

Well, my daughter was a Tri-Delta officer and she was Valedictorian of her Law School class....but no offense taken! :)

Yeah, I know...that word is actually on the FOURTH grade level. A poster here said that, and I looked it up...and she was right. A FOURTH grade level!! My six year old, kindergartener can spell it. OH..but, a Journalism Major/College Graduate cannot? Yeah right. (BTW...I just asked my 16 year old if she could spell ADVISE and she laughed and said...a-d-v-i-s-e.) Poor Patsy must have been stupid. :rolleyes:

JKF was a notoriously bad speller and no one has ever accused him of being stupid...

Well, my daughter was a Tri-Delta officer and she was Valedictorian of her Law School class....but no offense taken! :)

And for every girl like her there are 10 ding bats. :)

I'm gonna get reamed...

I didn't know, and I question whether it's true. The RN that I see on The Smoking Gun, shows it spelled -advise. The s is not well formed, but imo it's an s, not a z.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ransom1.html

No, not the original one. When Patsy had to give a handwriting sample, one of the handwriting experts read the RN to her, and she had to write it...and she did spell advise wrong...she spelled it with a z...Advize. You can find this on www.acandyrose.com , I believe that she did it on purpose though, what sort of jouralism major doesn't know how to spell advise. I looked it up and its actually a third or fourth grade spelling word. So kids that age should know how to spell it, why didn't Patsy..a almost 40 year old Journalism Major?

This is strange, I just went to candyrose's site, and the site that she has listed blabbieville.com, for the samples...doesn't work anymore. When you click on it, it appears for only a second and then disappears. Can anybody else get it to work.

Trust me, it was very apparent that she spelled advise with a z, in her SAMPLE RN, does anyone else know another site that has these samples?

Here are some graphics of Patsy's handwriting exemplars, along with Cherokee's awesome handwriting analyses:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6404&page=2

I think this is what you are looking for.

:clap: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Yes, in post #16, Patsy spells advise, adviZe. I have looked all over the internet and couldn't find those graphics anywhere. I personally think that someone shut down that blabbieville site, that had them posted there.

THANKS AGAIN!

I would hope a comment from me would be worthy of shedding light on the fact Patsy purposely misspelled the word advise on her practice ransom letter.
I have a journalism degree and have worked 22 years in the field of newspaper and magazine writing. During that time, I also acted as a copyreader to edit other reporters articles. I wasn't always the final eye on the articles but I found a common mistake made with the word advise.
Often times I would find the reporter has used the word advice when the correct word was advise. Rarely did I see the word advise with a z as advize Switching the two words advice and advise was a much more common mistake.
Since she wrote the word advise as advize, she made a conscience effort to make it appear she didn't know the correct spelling of the word. IOW, she tried to make it look as if she did not write the ransom letter.
Also, there seems to be some questions of how Patsy wrote the small letter a before and after the ransom letter was written.
In past examples of her handwritting she used the letter a as it is written in typographic print. This is something she learned to do when she studied journalism.
I myself started printing the letter "a" that way after I entered college and began to study journalism. The reason was that in correcting or editing copy that would be handed over to the typesetter in those days, you would have to use smaller letters to match any editiing you did, if it called for small letter. Until then, if I printed something, most often I would use A, no matter weither it was for a small or capital a.
Journalism students word learn quickly that whatever you wrote to correct or edit copy was what the typesetting would strike in the final copy. Printing letters carefully took on a brand new importance.
Of course, that was years ago - before word processing and computers.
Just stuff I learn and experienced in my career in Journalism.

I would hope a comment from me would be worthy of shedding light on the fact Patsy purposely misspelled the word advise on her practice ransom letter.
I have a journalism degree and have worked 22 years in the field of newspaper and magazine writing. During that time, I also acted as a copyreader to edit other reporters articles. I wasn't always the final eye on the articles but I found a common mistake made with the word advise.
Often times I would find the reporter has used the word advice when the correct word was advise. Rarely did I see the word advise with a z as advize Switching the two words advice and advise was a much more common mistake.
Since she wrote the word advise as advize, she made a conscience effort to make it appear she didn't know the correct spelling of the word. IOW, she tried to make it look as if she did not write the ransom letter.
Also, there seems to be some questions of how Patsy wrote the small letter a before and after the ransom letter was written.
In past examples of her handwritting she used the letter a as it is written in typographic print. This is something she learned to do when she studied journalism.
I myself started printing the letter "a" that way after I entered college and began to study journalism. The reason was that in correcting or editing copy that would be handed over to the typesetter in those days, you would have to use smaller letters to match any editiing you did, if it called for small letter. Until then, if I printed something, most often I would use A, no matter weither it was for a small or capital a.
Journalism students word learn quickly that whatever you wrote to correct or edit copy was what the typesetting would strike in the final copy. Printing letters carefully took on a brand new importance.
Of course, that was years ago - before word processing and computers.
Just stuff I learn and experienced in my career in Journalism.

Thank you so much for your input. I am not a journalism major, but I TOO..have seen advice writing as advise and vice versa...but, have
never seen it written with the letter z.

Yep, that letter a, written just like the RN author, by Patsy in her samples, and the letter q written like the number 8, by both Patsy and the RN author, are too much of a "coincidence" to be ignored.

That picture of your older sister, in your signature...looks and most likely acts alot like mine. Maybe they were separated at birth. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audreyshura
Back