Disconnecting JAG-things that point to another killer

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as I understand it, nothing would suggest she run away.
From what has been reported, she wasn't yet interested in boys-so I presume no dating. I don't think they found anything on a computer indicating she was chatting with any older boys/men.
I don't know if LE believed she run away-there just was no evidence something had happened, so it was easier to assume she run away.

Here's a link to an article in which LE is reported to have found a spike in Amber's internet usage a month before her disappearance. Some suspected she had a greater interest in boys than her mother was aware of.

Notice the comments at the end of the article. Despite the article's date, a month after her disappearance, someone says they think they saw her at Balboa Park. (In the city of San Diego...)

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local...net-Use-Increased/BjqQI9XLB0GIw1vBrNDMRw.cspx

"We have reason to believe she may have been alive in August," said Bart.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/am...lsea-kings-suspected/story?id=10045235&page=2

Well, that would certainly change a lot of things and would also explain a lot in regards to the dog search.

I believe that the individual reporting that "she may have been alive in August" was working for the grandmother and helped to arrange the dog search. I think her comments also reflect a "vested interest". There isn't anything "factual" to support this except the dog "hits." (Full circle...???)

Is there somewhere to search posts using her online ID name?

I did that at the time of her disappearance. It didn't turn up much, IMO. She was posting on a nature-type site.

This is from the channel 6 article I posted below:

he affidavit states that Amber's Yahoo ID is "wolfintheend," and adds that the 14 year old's internet use spiked in the week prior to her disappearance.

Obviously the red print is my editing.

Here is another article (from last year) about what her friends had to say about her online chats with boys:

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_217413a6-8d0e-5cdd-a691-433ffa160967.html

I have not seen that information before. Her parents didn't know about this, apparently.
Certainly does open up a possibility she could have arranged to meet someone she talked to online. But then again, maybe her chatting online had nothing to do with her going missing and ending up dead.

For the astrology buffs out there, Amber was a Scorpio, therefore wearing black and liking wolves is not unusual (I have a friend who tells me these things). Also, if she liked the Twilight series, she could have been on Team Jacob (I know some teenagers who tell me these things) meaning she liked the werewolf guy in the series. In addition just because she used wolfintheend as one online name, doesn't mean that was the only name she used. (I don't use Ghostwheel everywhere because then people could figure out who I am) The spike in internet usage could have been for a lot of reasons, including "chatting with boys" which could also be innocuous (I still know teenagers who tell me these things). Nothing was ever put in print about the results of the warrant issued to Yahoo to get information about her online name. Sounds like they either found nothing, or found something and don't want to say what it was. Amazing how both of those results produce the same thing for public information.

I wonder what made the PI think she had been on the reservation possibly as late as August?

I wonder what made the PI think she had been on the reservation possibly as late as August?
The dogs? If that actually happened, but we can go back to the other thread for that....
Or sightings, there seemed to have been a lot of them. I don't take a lot of stock in those, though.

Bart, I believe, was referring to the dogs allegedly (see I'm learning!) tracking her scent in August--the handler stated it as a possibility--. I believe the PI was with the dog handlers at the time. There were Amber sightings for about 9 months after she disappeared--the mall, the park, etc.

Ok, I'm quite familiar with the dog part of this case, but didn't know if there was any other info. that pointed to the Pala Reservation.

The fact that the body was found very near where another girl was dumped makes me think it's a different killer -- JAG was only 10 then, and while I can believe he was already displaying violent behavior I doubt he had any way to get the body to the location. Unless he was a very precocious driver. It would be kind of odd to have two different killers using the same dump site.

The fact that the body was found very near where another girl was dumped makes me think it's a different killer -- JAG was only 10 then, and while I can believe he was already displaying violent behavior I doubt he had any way to get the body to the location. Unless he was a very precocious driver. It would be kind of odd to have two different killers using the same dump site.

Why would it be odd? Since it was known where the first body was found, any killer out there could have dumped it at that same area.

Don't thrash me for posting this--but what do we know of the mother's boyfriend? He was the last one to see Amber (confirmed sighting). I know he passed a lie detector so LE looked no further. However, the guilty can pass lie detectors. Are they still together? How long were they together before this happened?

Why would it be odd? Since it was known where the first body was found, any killer out there could have dumped it at that same area.

Yes, I can believe JAG might have been doing a "copycat" thing from a murder he remembered from his childhood. I don't think the location *proves* anything. It just seems likely that the same person left both bodies, since serial killers tend to repeat that kind of thing.

Yes, I can believe JAG might have been doing a "copycat" thing from a murder he remembered from his childhood. I don't think the location *proves* anything. It just seems likely that the same person left both bodies, since serial killers tend to repeat that kind of thing.

The Pala Indian Reservation consists of 12,000 acres. Leticia's remains were found miles South of where Amber's remains were found.

Don't thrash me for posting this--but what do we know of the mother's boyfriend? He was the last one to see Amber (confirmed sighting). I know he passed a lie detector so LE looked no further. However, the guilty can pass lie detectors. Are they still together? How long were they together before this happened?

It's a valid question. The fact is that stranger abduction makes up a tiny percentage of abductions.

It's a valid question. The fact is that stranger abduction makes up a tiny percentage of abductions.

However, let's consider the abductions that end up with the abductee put in a shallow grave somewhere. What percentage of those are stranger-abductions? I'd guess that the percentage is higher.

Do we know if she was in a shallow grave? I didn't think any of that had been confirmed by LE.

Burying is either to cover up or remorse, so it happens in both types of cases. (And strangers can feel remorse after as well)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves
Back