Discussion of "Overkill - The Unsolved Murder of Jon Benet" doco crime scene footage

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At least finally some peace of mind for me. Said it years ago that there was no doll at the scene, they were discussing the barbie on the gown ( design). And yeah it always looked like a creepy smiley face to me not a heart. At least now they realized this case wont be solved and they are leaking photos and videos to the public. Maybe someone will spill the beans after JR passes. Maybe his son.Maybe Beuf .Maybe the Stines. Someone knows something.

Thanks for the photos and videos.

The new crime scene pics, especially the ones with Jb by the tree, made me realize I don't hate her killer, I hate the BPD and Linda Arndt. What happened that morning at the crime scene made this case impossible to solve without a confession IMO.

I wouldnt write books nor appear on national tv if I were them. I would HIDE. Shame on you idiots.

Wow. Why hate the people who believed the R story instead of the lying parents who hid behind lawyers, obfuscated the truth for 20 years, threw innocent people including their best friends into the pool of suspects, causing LE to work untold needless hours, endure needless stress and causing many to resign, not to mention that they exposed their dearest friends, their pediatrician and their pastor to the horror that they created that morning - permanently damaging them all.

You can't erase the image of a strangle dead baby girl from your memory no matter how long you live and they didn't give a carp about what damage they would impose on all these people. They used them as shields from LE.

You don't have to hate the killer, that is up to you but to hate the police for believing that the R's were victims and not perpetrators is to do as they did. They didn't hate the killer either, they were mad at LE for blaming them for their child's murder.

Hate is a strong word. There are certain types of people in this world I hate but the Boulder police are not amongst them.

This was the very first kidnap case they had in Boulder so the police should be forgiven somewhat for not doing everything they should. They were used to dealing with domestic violence and disorderly conduct, maybe some drug related crimes, that kind of thing. They were also short staffed as it was the day after Christmas.

I think the parents (if they had been innocent of all wrong-doing) would have KNOWN not to contaminate the scene. They weren't stupid people after all. We all know about crime scenes and contamination.

If they had seriously thought that their daughter had been kidnapped they would have been careful not to touch anything until the house was dusted for fingerprints and forensics had had a chance to examine the house.

I believe Patsy would not have been so hysterical if it had been a straightforward kidnapping, she would have held herself together until the kidnapper's call came. They would have been waiting anxiously for it.

Instead, according to Linda Arndt, Patsy was hysterical - crying and puking, in the sunroom.

Photos 48 & 49. Even though this isn't new, something keeps nagging me. I wonder if this just shows where JB tossed her pj top on Christmas morning after opening her presents, and if maybe she never went to bed at all that night.

Thanks for the photos and videos.

The new crime scene pics, especially the ones with Jb by the tree, made me realize I don't hate her killer, I hate the BPD and Linda Arndt. What happened that morning at the crime scene made this case impossible to solve without a confession IMO.

I wouldnt write books nor appear on national tv if I were them. I would HIDE. Shame on you idiots.

Why not hate the society in which we live? That's what allowed them to get away with this crime for so long, and they will continue to get away with it. Like when a drunk lil punk kills a whole car load of people and it gets blamed on being affluent.
If one of us had committed this crime we would have went straight to jail, denied bond, and we would still be there to this day. It would have been on the local news and most of us would have never even heard of it.
Doesn't matter how much LE botched it. That wouldn't have changed anything.
What a load of crap.

Photos 48 & 49. Even though this isn't new, something keeps nagging me. I wonder if this just shows where JB tossed her pj top on Christmas morning after opening her presents, and if maybe she never went to bed at all that night.

kanzz,
Lets assume whomever was going to stage a bedtime abduction, say the parents, want to get it looking alright.

So why not dress JonBenet in a pair of her pajamas, then say she went to bed and fell asleep?

Nope, we have a convoluted story about Patsy being unable to find JonBenet's pajama bottoms, so decided to dress JonBenet in Burke's long johns despite a drawer full of cute nightgowns and pajamas?

So where did the pajama bottoms go, and is the pajama top on the bed the same one you can see in the photo of the 25th, where JonBenet has her arms in the air, dressed in her pajamas, i.e. not Burkes.

Patsy takes another bullet for Burke by explaining away that the pajama bottoms are missing, of course, she never noticed if JonBenet was wearing underwear!

If JonBenet never went to bed then someone removed her black velvet pants which are draped over the spare bed.

Why not hate the society in which we live? That's what allowed them to get away with this crime for so long, and they will continue to get away with it. Like when a drunk lil punk kills a whole car load of people and it gets blamed on fluency.
If one of us had committed this crime we would have went straight to jail, denied bond, and we would still be there to this day. It would have been on the local news and most of us would have never even heard of it.
Doesn't matter how much LE botched it. That wouldn't have changed anything.
What a load of crap.
Fluency??

I don't "hate" anyone either, but the real villains here are John and Patsy Ramsey. If Patsy was telling the truth when she said "we didn't mean for this to happen", okay something horrible went on that house and you don't want to out yourself or a family member. But they threw innocent people under the bus again and again. Even friends. Smug and smirking they went on interview after interview, lying their asses off and getting paid to do it. Refusing to cooperate with LE while complaining about how incompetent they all were. John comparing himself to Job and Patsy forever the phony Christian. The books. It's all too much.

I will say this though. I think if you'd transplanted those exact same cops that morning to a poor urban household with the exact same fact pattern, the parents would have been arrested the instant the body was found, if note as soon as they'd finished reading the phony ransom letter. The Ramseys' wealth and social status blinded the cops to the obvious truth that morning and the Ramseys have kept on running with this for 20 years. Poor little girl. It's sad even to think what her life would have been like growing up with these creepy people had she managed to avoid being murdered by one of them.

*snip*

I'd say that JonBenet would have had to have been extremely talented in order to toss her pajama top on her bed and have it wind up being in what looks like the shape of a heart.

I'd say that JonBenet would have had to have been extremely talented in order to toss her pajama top on her bed and have it wind up being in what looks like the shape of a heart.
Huh. Not seeing it. Interesting though.

Pillow at foot of bed. PJ top (?) at head of bed. NO top sheet to be seen. Blanket which is normally tucked under mattress and under the comforter was allegedly removed without mussing up the comforter at the foot of the bed. PR said that normally the PJ's under JBR's pillow but for whatever reason she couldn't find them that night and from the looks of it, that top was never under a pillow. And there is a oddly tossed sweater still on the bed. The drapery tie back is messed up.

You may be right. She may never have been in the bed at all.

I don't "hate" anyone either, but the real villains here are John and Patsy Ramsey..

I think if you'd transplanted those exact same cops that morning to a poor urban household with the exact same fact pattern, the parents would have been arrested the instant the body was found, if note as soon as they'd finished reading the phony ransom letter.

When I re-read Thomas' book, I was struck by the policy of the mayor, DA and police department which was to never confront anyone and to be really nice and never talk mean. Everyone was to be treated with kid gloves and never be offended. Sensitivity policing. UGH! If this had happened in Atlanta they would have been cuffed and hauled away. That they were in touchy-feely, liberal, hackey sack playing Boulder hippie land is the only reason they weren't arrested immediately.

kanzz, and per JR it's PR's sweater from who knows when:

4 124 and 125, and those are mainly that area of
5 JonBenet and see if you see anything there that
6 looks out of place or is different or anything
7 that rings a bell with you.
8 (Handing next sheet of
9 photographs).
10 LOU SMIT: For instance, what is
11 this multicolored --
12 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, I think it's a
13 sweater of Patsy's, but --
14 VOICE: Is that on JonBenet's bed?
15 LOU SMIT: Is that a sweater that
16 Patsy normally --
17 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, it looks kind
18 of like one of the sweaters, but she could tell
19 for sure, I would say for sure, obviously.
20 That's what struck me as one of hers. I am
21 pretty sure that's Patsy's sweater.
22 LOU SMIT: Do you remember when the
23 last time that was that Patsy wore that or
24 anything?
25 JOHN RAMSEY: No, I really don't.

I believe PR said it was JB's. But PR talked about wearing a colored sweater with baubles or balls on it, on the 23rd or 24th? let me look for it. here:

17 The reason I'm looking so hard at this
18 is because Priscilla had a jacket like this. I
19 mean, until I saw this picture, I had thought
20 that I had worn my Christmas sweater to their
21 house, the little bobbly one. And then I saw
22 this picture and I said oh, I must have worn
23 that sweater to their house.
24 But then I thought, well, maybe I had
25 her jacket. I mean, you know, I don't know. I
1 was just trying to figure out, this was
2 certainly the one I sent, I sent mine out there,
3 but I just want to make sure that...
4 TRIP DeMUTH: That you were wearing yours
5 on Christmas and not hers?
6 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, I mean, I could have
7 been in her house in the living room, you know,
8 what I mean, and been cold and she said here put
9 this on. I just can't remember. My point is
10 that we both had jackets similar to that.
11 TRIP DeMUTH: Okay.
12 PATSY RAMSEY: So I don't know.
13 TRIP DeMUTH: And did you buy them at the
14 same time and place?
15 PATSY RAMSEY: No, I mean, I don't know I
16 don't know when she got me that. I really don't
17 remember. FYI, I mean.
18 TRIP DeMUTH: So can you tell if that's
19 your jacket you're wearing or --
20 PATSY RAMSEY: This one, you mean?
21 TRIP DeMUTH: Were they the exact same?
22 PATSY RAMSEY: They were pretty close, but
23 I can't, I can't really remember.
24 TRIP DeMUTH: Uh-huh (yes).
25 PATSY RAMSEY: Why I would have hers on.
1 All I'm saying is mine -- first time somebody
2 asked me what I had on that day, I think I might
3 have said I had my Christmas sweater on which is
4 the bobbly --
5 TRIP DeMUTH: Uh-huh (yes).
6 PATSY RAMSEY: -- little beaded one. And
7 then when I saw this picture, somebody showed me
8 this picture --
9 TRIP DeMUTH: Uh-huh (yes).
10 PATSY RAMSEY: -- because they wanted the
11 clothing, I said oh, I must have worn that one,
12 so I got that one instead. I think I sent both
13 of them, actually.
14 TRIP DeMUTH: You sent both of them?
15 PATSY RAMSEY: The bobbly beaded one or
16 whatever. I think actually I -- I know I wore
17 that one on the 23rd. Can I see that one?
18 TRIP DeMUTH: Oh, sure. So the one you
19 sent us, was that hers, or yours?
20 PATSY RAMSEY: No, it was mine.
21 TRIP DeMUTH: Okay. So where did you get
22 it from? I mean, was it down in Atlanta or
23 wherever?
24 PATSY RAMSEY: (Inaudible.)
25 TRIP DeMUTH: Okay. So this, just to make
1 clear this 13-64 and 63 is yours?
2 PATSY RAMSEY: Right.

were there photos from the 23rd party?
---------------------------------------------------------
this sounds like the sweater in the 12/27/96 search warrant:
Black/red/green Christmas sweater (63BAB)

Huh. Not seeing it. Interesting though.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 4ece372770c84f8f87f9d7b2f36ed618.jpg
    4ece372770c84f8f87f9d7b2f36ed618.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 916
Hmm. I can't imagine it was literally arranged with the intention of looking like a half-assed heart from presumably only certain angles and only when you leave out the sleeve.

Pillow at foot of bed. PJ top (?) at head of bed. NO top sheet to be seen. Blanket which is normally tucked under mattress and under the comforter was allegedly removed without mussing up the comforter at the foot of the bed. PR said that normally the PJ's under JBR's pillow but for whatever reason she couldn't find them that night and from the looks of it, that top was never under a pillow. And there is a oddly tossed sweater still on the bed. The drapery tie back is messed up.

You may be right. She may never have been in the bed at all.

On the top photo what is between the dresser and the bed? I see blonde hair and a white top.

On the top photo what is between the dresser and the bed? I see blonde hair and a white top.

It's the pink duvet; the underside is white. Here's a more zoomed in shot of it:

attachment.php

Attachments

• jbrcsp48a.png
    jbrcsp48a.png
    501.5 KB · Views: 890

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads