Discussion Thread #60 - 14.9.12 ~ the appeal~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a copper bracelet which alleviates the symptoms from arthritis.

Excellent posts Lux!
Last I heard, remorse was not a defense. Totally agree with you about Masipa. And as Mrjitty says, her judgment is a mess. I'd go a step further and say she's a mess with perhaps some senility going on there.

Do you or anyone else think the SC will fast track this?

Excellent posts Lux!
Last I heard, remorse was not a defense. Totally agree with you about Masipa. And as Mrjitty says, her judgment is a mess. I'd go a step further and say she's a mess with perhaps some senility going on there.

Do you or anyone else think the SC will fast track this?

Thanks, Jilly. :)

Although the SCA could choose to fast track this, there’s no real rush. OP’s already in prison and come September he’ll be eligible for parole (and mansion arrest), not guaranteed.

The parole board would have every incentive to keep him in prison pending potential conviction for murder. More importantly, IMHO, they’d have every right to deny parole - he’d be a major flight risk.

I kinda doubt the SCA will fast track it - the last thing they likely want to do is give any appearance of preferential treatment, especially in such an ultra-high profile, ultra-high stakes case.

Thanks, Jilly. :)

Although the SCA could choose to fast track this, there’s no real rush. OP’s already in prison and come September he’ll be eligible for parole (and mansion arrest), not guaranteed.

The parole board would have every incentive to keep him in prison pending potential conviction for murder. More importantly, IMHO, they’d have every right to deny parole - he’d be a major flight risk.

I kinda doubt the SCA will fast track it - the last thing they likely want to do is give any appearance of preferential treatment, especially in such an ultra-high profile, ultra-high stakes case.

Totally agree with you Lux regarding OP. However I understand there are a number of forthcoming trials that will be relying on Seekoie so the SCA might want it clarified earlier rather than later or more appeals may be in the offing.

Totally agree with you Lux regarding OP. However I understand there are a number of forthcoming trials that will be relying on Seekoie so the SCA might want it clarified earlier rather than later or more appeals may be in the offing.

Well, in that case, EXPEDITE!!! :D

Thank you for pointing that out to me, Judi. :)

You recall the tape showing OP running around on is stumps, carrying Aimee down the stairs, etc., at Uncle Arnold's house?

Question: Was that leaked by OP's side?

If so, by whom?
If so, why leak it?
If so, why then?

But even then he'd be eligible to apply for parole after 5. I think he deserves to be in prison for a minimum of 10.

I vote for LIFE but I hear you.

If the SC winds up giving him 15 years, he'll only serve 1/6 of it, yes? If not, how long guaranteed?

Andries V D Merwe ‏@AndriesKbly 55m55 minutes ago

@CriminalLawZA This case seem to be a personal issue or someone ego got hurt. What about Visagie, Divani. Jub Jub, and other murderers
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

James Grant ‏@CriminalLawZA

@AndriesKbly So I cannot focus on one important case at a time - esp one with potential for massively corrective implications for all?
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
4:50 PM - 11 Dec 2014
Tweet text
Reply to @CriminalLawZA @AndriesKbly

Andries V D Merwe ‏@AndriesKbly 13m13 minutes ago

@CriminalLawZA you can focus on what you want, but sure the coverage us good??There is 1000 of other murderers out side of jail. Do the same

https://twitter.com/CriminalLawZA/status/542919208024428545

Whoa, now THIS sounds like sour grapes to me.

It's correct that it's about the ego but ANDRIES ego!

This just drips of envy.

Pistorius “Loses It” After Finding Out Appeal Bid Successful

According to the report, a prisoner at the Kgosi Mampuru II prison in Pretoria, where Pistorius is serving a five-year sentence for the death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, said the paralympian lost his cool:

“He was listening to it [Judge Thokozile Masipa's ruling] on the radio. He got up and stomped. He went straight to the gym. He started lifting weights like it was going out of fashion. He is p***ed off,” the prisoner told the publication.

“Who wouldn’t be? He was definitely expecting to be out by August.”

The prisoner told The Times Pistorius could barely console himself to the fact that he will spend Christmas and New Year’s in prison, instead of “jolling with family and friends.”

“It’s about time he realised that this is the real world of crime,” he said.

http://www.sabreakingnews.co.za/201...ul/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I take tremendous satisfaction in this.

Also, lol on "stomping" around. Given his legs, I think that's hilarious.

...by telling everyone at the scene of the crime 'I shot Reeva .. I thought she was an intruder' .. he unwittingly admitted to murder right there and then!

If OP was smart should he have said, "I don't know what happened?," and just stuck to that until Oldwage could get there (and advise him on what lies to start telling??

Yes, but there's no way he'll get that. It was my personal view that I'd like him in prison for 10.

Murder carries a mandatory 15 year sentence but with good behaviour, he could be out in 7.5 years.

So OP is a person who reads his bible every day and goes to church on Sundays. Well sorry, OP, that doesn't make you a good Christian IMO. It's how your religious beliefs impact on how you live your life as well. Just remember that the source of all sin is one's own selfishness (greed, lust, hate for others, murder, theft, etc.), and you're a convicted killer.

He has a tattoo on his arm in memory of his mother – a quote from Corinthians. He had it done on a whim. "I went into an all-night tattoo parlour". Yeah, right. Probably after having one too many. "Mummy dearest, I know you were a devout Christian and this I do in remembrance of you". What else do you do in the middle of the night ... apart from going on rampages and killing an innocent person behind a door who didn't stand a chance.

"The robbers prefer to strike when the occupants are at home, so the alarm does not go off and the intruders can be shown – with as much encouragement is necessary – where the valuables are kept". Yep, they silently put ladders up against the house, noiselessly climb through the window and jump down onto the floor when the occupants are at home, then enter the toilet and slam the toilet door shut.

"I spent a restful evening there, and the next day Pistorius picked me up and drove me at breakneck pace to Johannesburg airport – tyres screeching as he rounded corners like a man possessed". That's right, he didn't want to live dangerously after the boating accident so he took to the road instead. He drove like a maniac with Sam, Reeva and others.

"It’s an odd family, added Rose. I'll say. All of them religiously :floorlaugh: spouting the bible while Carl kills a woman, OP murders a woman, Aimee steals evidence from the crime scene, Lois tells Nel he should be ashamed of himself when all he's doing is trying to establish the truth of what happened that night and he's not going to hear it from OP, not now, now ever, and then there's good old Uncle Arnold who "knows the truth" of what happened that night and denies every incident OP's involved in before the police have even started their investigations. Give me a break you pompous, supercilious, hypocritical ba****d.

"By now, he was blaming every daily tribulation on others – he had too many media commitments, he complained, too many interruptions to his schedule", but he was more than happy to take millions thrown at him through his endorsements which enabled him to live in an up-market home in one of SA's most secure estate, get a new luxury car every year and live the high life at every opportunity. Life's tough at the top dontcha know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pad-explosive-rages-procession-blondes-.html

Murder carries a mandatory 15 year sentence but with good behaviour, he could be out in 7.5 years.

15 years is the mandatory minimum sentence. Irrespective of what sentence he's given, I believe a murderer deserves to be incarcerated for at least 10, but IMO that won't happen. I think it will be 15, and as you say, out in 7.5 if the Commissioner agrees.

In any event, the time he's served before the appeal is ultimately decided will be deducted from a new sentence.

So OP is a person who reads his bible every day and goes to church on Sundays. Well sorry, OP, that doesn't make you a good Christian IMO. It's how your religious beliefs impact on how you live your life as well. Just remember that the source of all sin is one's own selfishness (greed, lust, hate for others, murder, theft, etc.), and you're a convicted killer.

He has a tattoo on his arm in memory of his mother – a quote from Corinthians. He had it done on a whim. "I went into an all-night tattoo parlour". Yeah, right. Probably after having one too many. "Mummy dearest, I know you were a devout Christian and this I do in remembrance of you". What else do you do in the middle of the night ... apart from going on rampages and killing an innocent person behind a door who didn't stand a chance.

"The robbers prefer to strike when the occupants are at home, so the alarm does not go off and the intruders can be shown – with as much encouragement is necessary – where the valuables are kept". Yep, they silently put ladders up against the house, noiselessly climb through the window and jump down onto the floor when the occupants are at home, then enter the toilet and slam the toilet door shut.

"I spent a restful evening there, and the next day Pistorius picked me up and drove me at breakneck pace to Johannesburg airport – tyres screeching as he rounded corners like a man possessed". That's right, he didn't want to live dangerously after the boating accident so he took to the road instead. He drove like a maniac with Sam, Reeva and others.

"It’s an odd family, added Rose. I'll say. All of them religiously :floorlaugh: spouting the bible while Carl kills a woman, OP murders a woman, Aimee steals evidence from the crime scene, Lois tells Nel he should be ashamed of himself when all he's doing is trying to establish the truth of what happened that night and he's not going to hear it from OP, not now, now ever, and then there's good old Uncle Arnold who "knows the truth" of what happened that night and denies every incident OP's involved in before the police have even started their investigations. Give me a break you pompous, supercilious, hypocritical ba****d.

"By now, he was blaming every daily tribulation on others – he had too many media commitments, he complained, too many interruptions to his schedule", but he was more than happy to take millions thrown at him through his endorsements which enabled him to live in an up-market home in one of SA's most secure estate, get a new luxury car every year and live the high life at every opportunity. Life's tough at the top dontcha know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pad-explosive-rages-procession-blondes-.html

BBM This...
Often he would rise in the middle of the night and go with his gun and a couple of boxes of ammunition to the shooting range.

Asked how often, he replied: ‘Just sometimes when I can’t sleep.’

I'd go a step further and say she's a mess with perhaps some senility going on there.

The Mini Mental Status Exam is the most widely used exam for screening Alzheimer's Disease in the US.
-------

Dear Judge Masipa,

This should only take about 5-10 minutes to complete.

1. Orientation: What year is it? What is the date? What is the day? What is your name?

2. Retention: I'm going to name 3 objects. You repeat the words all at once. (Fan, Jeans, Duvet )

3. Attention: Count backwards from 5 years. Spell the word "Reeva" in reverse.

4. Recall: Repeat the 3 words previously stated in #2, above.

5. Language:

​ Copy this design (This is a prison cell. Now, you draw it.) Repeat this phrase. ("Dolus Eventualis") Name this object. (Zombie Stopper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay