Discussion Thread #61 ~ the appeal~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legal experts said the defence doesn’t need Masipa’s go ahead to make these arguments. Ulrich Roux said she could say, “Well, I’m not entertaining this application. You have brought the application in the wrong forum and in front of the wrong judge and you must direct this application to the Supreme Court of Appeal”.

If Masipa turns them down, they still can try to raise these arguments in the actual appeal.

The fact that it's Friday the 13th will not have escaped OP. This photo was irresistible, even down to the little black top Reeva was wearing that fateful night.

“As LIGHT destroy DARKNESS, TRUTH will destroy the EVIL.”

Attachments

• Fear of Friday the 13th.jpg
    Fear of Friday the 13th.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 63
Not sure I can find a live feed. Proceedings must be starting 9am I guess, as all the media lining up already.

Gerrie Nel has arrived in court. He always arrives early.

Is anyone else finding this slightly confuddling?

Barry Roux, lead counsel for Pistorius, speaks first.

He says he is not intending to appeal against the state’s appeal.

He says that the state’s appeal going to the Supreme Court would be a factual matter “disguised” as a point of law.

Legally, appeals to the supreme court must be on a point of law, not on factual matters, Roux contends.

He says the defence needs leave from Judge Masipa in order to argue at the Supreme Court that this is a factual matter. It needs this to be in an equal position when it comes before the Supreme Court, Roux insists.

Roux sits down. Gerrie Nel, for the state, is straight up on his feet. The judge should strike this claim out, he says.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...hrown-out-live#block-55028bfce4b04d0e8019f445

:seeya: Zwiebel and others. Long time no see! I'm up for a little bit following the tweets. Missed your foodies while away :wink:

June Steenkamp last month:

I’m not focusing my life any more on Oscar. If by law they condemn him to a longer sentence, that’s got nothing to do with me.

What happens to Oscar now happens to Oscar. It isn’t going to affect me. Reeva is never going to walk through that door again.

I’m not a vengeful person and I don’t wish ill on anyone. The appeal is up to the law. The law must take its course and God must take his course.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...istorius-defence-state-appeal-thrown-out-live

I'm looking forward to reading June's book. Has anyone here gotten a copy yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay