Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. The foreman wrote the note to the judge that the one juror would not deliberate. He shared the note with that juror. The juror also wrote an note to the judge, which she wouldn't share. JSS is not a judge!

To be fair - I agree the whole thing sucks big time - if this juror wrote a note to the judge saying that she was willing to deliberate but most of the others immediately started browbeating her, then the judge would have to go with that regardless of whether it was true or not right?

AZLawyer,

I also posted a transcription upthread of an interview on The Daily Share on HLN

If the "Holdout" juror also did not disclose prior knowledge of the case during Voir Dire, and/or otherwise misrepresented herself, which sounds like a stealth juror to me, does the State have any recourse?

TIA......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, this was their last try for the DP. At least this juror was only on the sentencing phase and not the guilt phase.

The alternates in both penalty trials would have voted for death. Just.one.holdout.

To me the most shocking is that the stealth juror watched the Lifetime movie. That should have been cause for dismissal. Did JSS and Juan know about this???

They would have - if JSS had talked to them!

Wow, these jurors really got it.

They even had nightmares. :(

They liked Juan .

To me the most shocking is that the stealth juror watched the Lifetime movie. That should have been cause for dismissal. Did JSS and Juan know about this???

The jury wrote note to judge and informed her.

I have such empathy for these jurors participating in this interview.

:rose:

Except the DV was made up. A true DV victim would recognize that
That's not necessarily true though and I expressed my concern about that a few days ago. I said it would be determined by her and her alone - as in, how far she is in her recovery, how much she's educated herself about how abuse occurs, etc. In the first trial, there were a few people here who had a history of domestic violence that were drawing parallels between their experiences and Jodi's claims. Seriously, it's a wonder my keyboard survived some of my 'smashed-out' responses through clenched teeth.

I've actually seen it in my volunteer work too - there are survivors who absolutely believe all those claiming victimization should be automatically believed regardless of circumstances. To them, it's just not something people would lie over experiencing. To go a step further, some survivors also feel if a man is victimized, then they must have done something to deserve it. Not saying this is the case, but it is something I've witnessed that left my heart hurting and my head shaking. Some survivors stay victims steeped in denial and nothing can sway them towards insight.

JMO and FWIW

Travis' autopsy photos had a huge effect on them, they only considered them at the end. Alternate, painful that he didn't fully participate in the process.

Felt Juan was abrasive at the beginning, but then they warmed up to him, grew to like him quickly and looked forward to hear from him. It was a lot to take in at first but he drove it home at the end.

Crockpot was Chili, lol

Someone asking about the crockpot! :p Chili!

The alternates in both penalty trials would have voted for death. Just.one.holdout.
OMG!!!! This makes me more angry at this woman. First OJ, then Michael Jackson, then Casey Anthony, now this. All travesties of Justice. I'm so sorry Alexander family.

it was chilli in the crockpot !!! :floorlaugh:

Juan did such a good job. He cannot in any be blamed for this. They liked him, looked forward to him and felt he really drove it home.

I guess we can say 11 jurors did their job. I really hope those involved with "Travis' Law" include some type of charge brought against a juror who lies.

Plus the alternates. All 3 are articulate and said they would have been able to come to consensus. This stealth hold out juror should have been removed. There appears to be enough info. JSS screwed up, IMHO. I agree if this woman lied, deceived, but that is what judges are for, the make sure they are off if they are revealed to be inappropriate and the jury told JSS. Oh well, sure is a relief to hear them and fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove