Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this was in the original trial and was the reason she gave the IQ test. It was because Jodi acted so oddly immature and giddy and didn't seem to comprehend the severity of her situation and she wondered if she was an idiot. Not only was she not she was very bright, according to Demarte.

Most sociopathic killers are very smart, really Bundy was in the 130s. Edmund Kemper was at 145. Rodney Alcala was a genius. I think he tested in the 160s.

The Unabomber is very brainy: a precocious mathematician IIRC.

Ooh, great questions! I can only offer a possibility for #7, keeping in mind, though, that Jodi is not as creative as she thinks she is when it comes to sex. As I have pointed out in a recent post. The mouse could maybe be commandeered in lieu of, er, a gerbil, i.e. of the kind that shows up in the Urban Dictionary?

You did mean a rat I hope, ain't no way a mouse would be sufficient. Good one!!!!! I am imagining some posters googling the hell out of the Urban dictionary... too frigging funny.

images.jpg

I can't figure why JSS granted her an exparte hearing to talk about ridding JA of Nurmi, what's the point? Did her appellate attny suggest it might be easier to win with ineffectual counsel if she could get him off her case before she's sentenced and the books are closed on the trial? And why, for pete's sake, is *anything* being kept secret any more?! It's over, finito, pack yer bags Marge, all aboard the Perryville Express!

JA +JSS =Are we sure its over on the 13th? Agree. Whats up with the secrecy? Will her sentencing be delayed and dragged on for another year?

DeMarte said Arias took the Wechler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) IQ test, and her overall IQ score was 119. Arias had a perfect score on the verbal comprehension portion of the test.

Arias’ WAIS score places her in the “high average” intelligence category, according to a chart on the website AssessmentPsychology.com.

Classification

IQ Score

Very Superior 130 and above
Superior 120-129
High Average* 110-119
Average 90-109
Low Average* 80-89
Borderline 70-79
Extremely Low* ** 69 and below

I posted earlier test scores from the WAIS III test that Demarte gave to JA. I got the information on the web site for WAIS III Tests. They vary a bit from the ones posted by TexMex but basically they are all in the same area. Psychology Today gives a description of 68% of the public will score in the average range and they say it is 15 plus or 15 minus of a l00, that being 85-115 but say it is subjective. So it is basically all over the map. JA, in my opinion is average in intelligence and a little above it in vocabulary and possibly in reading comprehension but overall this girl lacks a lot. Not in the Bundy class at all. The GED she took in jail will show how well she did on the test, I would be interested to know how well she did.

She claimed she learned Spanish in jail but in her manifesto she claimed she was fluent in Spanish, and that was before she spent any time in jail. I seem to remember her saying she studied Spanish in HS. Most of us had language classes in HS. I had French and Spanish. But the thing is she is all over the place on where and when she learned Spanish. If she spent any time at all in Costa Rica she had to have picked up some. But as far as her IQ test. You need to give this test at least 3 times in different time periods to get an accurate score and then like the PT says, its subjective. What ever the heck they mean by that.

35+ years ago, I worked for an accountant who did tax preparation. He would charge according to what they could afford and it worked out well for him as clients with larger incomes invariably had investments and properties as well. This was the beginning of the desktop computer age and very few people had them. (Phone answering machines were still rare. I had a Commodore 64 -yeah, baby - Frogger!) By doing the taxes on the puter, he could generate dozens of pages and forms to submit to the client along with the actual tax forms and an outrageous invoice.

The clients just didn't spend the time to look beyond the paperwork and would be amazed and impressed, never realizing that the reams of paper contained the same basic information printed out in several different formats. Throw in some graphs and charts and voila, he's a genius! He used to laugh at his simple saying that seems to be ja's policy as well.

Baffle 'em with bull*****.

Give people too much information and say it with authority and too many people will take it at face value and believe it is the truth.

Some people don't want to peek behind the curtain.

I think she looked very disappointed at the hung jury. She knew her worldwide fame had just vanished.

I can't figure why JSS granted her an exparte hearing to talk about ridding JA of Nurmi, what's the point? Did her appellate attny suggest it might be easier to win with ineffectual counsel if she could get him off her case before she's sentenced and the books are closed on the trial? And why, for pete's sake, is *anything* being kept secret any more?! It's over, finito, pack yer bags Marge, all aboard the Perryville Express!

JMO-I agree. And I think it's a big fat reward to ja to get to keep having little secrets. It's exactly what she wants. On the 13th, I sure hope she's tossed into the permanent relocation van. Bye bye.

I posted earlier test scores from the WAIS III test that Demarte gave to JA. I got the information on the web site for WAIS III Tests. They vary a bit from the ones posted by TexMex but basically they are all in the same area. Psychology Today gives a description of 68% of the public will score in the average range and they say it is 15 plus or 15 minus of a l00, that being 85-115 but say it is subjective. So it is basically all over the map. JA, in my opinion is average in intelligence and a little above it in vocabulary and possibly in reading comprehension but overall this girl lacks a lot. Not in the Bundy class at all. The GED she took in jail will show how well she did on the test, I would be interested to know how well she did.

She claimed she learned Spanish in jail but in her manifesto she claimed she was fluent in Spanish, and that was before she spent any time in jail. I seem to remember her saying she studied Spanish in HS. Most of us had language classes in HS. I had French and Spanish. But the thing is she is all over the place on where and when she learned Spanish. If she spent any time at all in Costa Rica she had to have picked up some. But as far as her IQ test. You need to give this test at least 3 times in different time periods to get an accurate score and then like the PT says, its subjective. What ever the heck they mean by that.

LOL, ja's misuse of $10 words: who here remembers Norm Crosby and his schtick of malapropism* - the misuse of words that sound similar. *Because I'm not as intelligent as ja, I had to look it up the long way, lol - I couldn't remember the word for it and googled Norm Crosby. I always remember a commercial he did talking about the "lush vegetation, all the bushes drink" (aaahahahahaha! - love that man!)

She tries too hard to sound smart and it's unintentionally funny :laugh::giggle::lol::laughcry:

LOL, ja's misuse of $10 words: who here remembers Norm Crosby and his schtick of malapropism* - the misuse of words that sound similar. *Because I'm not as intelligent as ja, I had to look it up the long way, lol - I couldn't remember the word for it and googled Norm Crosby. I always remember a commercial he did talking about the "lush vegetation, all the bushes drink" (aaahahahahaha! - love that man!)

She tries too hard to sound smart and it's unintentionally funny :laugh::giggle::lol::laughcry:

She's so brilliant she just makes up words.

"De-edify"

"Green WITCH time"

Yes, and I thought she's really misguided if she thinks she can teach inmates Spanish. This prison isn't in New England.

ETA: I don't want any misunderstandings. My comment has nothing to do with nationality, race or ethnicity of inmates - it's a comment relating to geography. It's just that a lot of us who live in western states already know Spanish; if not fluently, at least enough to communicate. I'm guessing that a lot of inmates in Perryville already speak Spanish in addition to English, whereas prisons in other locations might speak French or German (north or Louisiana).

I think she looked very disappointed at the hung jury. She knew her worldwide fame had just vanished.

JMO-Yup. And her pathetic attempts at art by tracing won't be selling either. Oh, well. How many days until her trip to Perryville?

I'm O
35+ years ago, I worked for an accountant who did tax preparation. He would charge according to what they could afford and it worked out well for him as clients with larger incomes invariably had investments and properties as well. This was the beginning of the desktop computer age and very few people had them. (Phone answering machines were still rare. I had a Commodore 64 -yeah, baby - Frogger!) By doing the taxes on the puter, he could generate dozens of pages and forms to submit to the client along with the actual tax forms and an outrageous invoice.

The clients just didn't spend the time to look beyond the paperwork and would be amazed and impressed, never realizing that the reams of paper contained the same basic information printed out in several different formats. Throw in some graphs and charts and voila, he's a genius! He used to laugh at his simple saying that seems to be ja's policy as well.

Baffle 'em with bull*****.

Give people too much information and say it with authority and too many people will take it at face value and believe it is the truth.

Some people don't want to peek behind the curtain.

"Give 'em the ole razzle dazzle." -Billy Flynn, Chicago

Yes, and I thought she's really misguided if she thinks she can teach inmates Spanish. This prison isn't in New England.

ETA: I don't want any misunderstandings. My comment has nothing to do with nationality, race or ethnicity of inmates - it's a comment relating to geography. It's just that a lot of us who live in western states already know Spanish; if not fluently, at least enough to communicate. I'm guessing that a lot of inmates in Perryville already speak Spanish in addition to English, whereas prisons in other locations might speak French or German (north or Louisiana).

That's not the only reason she was misguided in thinking this. Prison doesn't really work like that. Inmates don't get to act like Maria Rainer, gathering everyone around to bestow their superior knowledge on others. I mean she could certainly try in an informal way while hanging out in the communal area, but that might not work out so well.

Yes this was in the original trial and was the reason she gave the IQ test. It was because Jodi acted so oddly immature and giddy and didn't seem to comprehend the severity of her situation and she wondered if she was an idiot. Not only was she not she was very bright, according to Demarte.

Most sociopathic killers are very smart, really Bundy was in the 130s. Edmund Kemper was at 145. Rodney Alcala was a genius. I think he tested in the 160s.

Psst....Don't tell Jodi.

She wouldn't like to be one-upped.

We ALL know what happens then.

Must admit, I couldn’t get through the verbal vomit of JA’s “Manifesto.” I know, not verbal; but I can hear her ‘Christ-like’ voice throughout.

And that idiotic ‘pedo admission’….? Syntax and verbiage aside, compare the letter ‘I’ between TA’s writing and the pedo letter. TA’s ‘I’ was ‘block-like,’ No flourishes. He also used the upper case form more often than not.

The pedo letter upper case ‘I’ featured (over and over) a down-then-up-dip on the top cross bar. And there is (to my eye) more use of a lower-case “I” throughout the pedo letter.

TA used upper case in most instances.

Unfortunately, I doubt JA will ever understand how her lies, her insistence she’s a victim, and her cold arrogance convinced 2 out of 2 juries she’s a cold-blooded murderer. For JA, ego is all.

Honestly, it’s possible this imbecile is so delusional she believes an appeal will save her a$$.

If she thinks she’s a victim now? Hello, Perryville.

Thing that drove me bat-"s" crazy...was the way words were scratched out.

WHAT 30-y-o male does little circles over mistakes?

NONE!

With email and chats why EVER write letters? Oh, ya...she could not forge those after being locked up. This women is so full of ch**.

So how is she going to avoid spending one day in prison now?

Jodi wrote in her journal aout being somewhere and it was freezing, and apologized for her handwriting being so cramped. It look very close to the pedo writing. Who apologizes for their horrid handwriting in their own freeking journal

Jodi is also ambidextrous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member