Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am! :gthanks: a bunch again lithgow1!!

No worries Niner. Was just reading there and apparantly the second volume (the rest of Arias's direct) will be published tomorrow or Tuesday. You can also buy it as a hard copy so those who haven't succumbed to ereaders can also get it if they want. I really do wish she would publish the corss- she seems happily surprised at the reaction (and sales!) so she may well do it. She also says that there was an error in the first release of the ebook with repeated paragraphs but that's been fixed now. It wasn't a major issue except it had me going 'huh?'.

I
You are not the only one - you can either hit Refresh, or try and read the posts and then when you get to the last one - refresh... I know! :gaah:

only 21 hours and 10 minutes left...

popcorn1-smiley.gif
party1-smiley.gif

partu3-smiley.gif
partu3-smiley.gif
partu3-smiley.gif

See you ALL here tomorrow!!
:wave:

I'll be here in my best party dress and a glass of Merlot, which Jodi will never have again.:happydance:

Poking my head in to say hi! I haven't checked in for a bit. Is everything still a go for tomorrow? Can someone tell me what time?

I may not care per se, but I am definitely interested. Others here obviously are interested as well, and some may actually care.

Why does it matter to you that some of us are interested? We might all get that none of this matters to you but for the fact that you are still here. Most who no longer have an interest in anything Arias have long since left these forums. I'm not being snarky...I am just curious about why anyone would question again and again what others' motives are for their continued interest.

I guess in all the cases I've followed (and there have been a lot over the years), I've never before seen interest in the thoughts and feelings of the killer. Interest in the cases, yes. Interest in the various players in the case, yes. Interest in the family and the victim(s), yes. Interest in the circus surrounding the big cases, yes.

But this is the first time I've seen such intense focus on the killer, specifically wondering what she's feeling, thinking, how she perceives things, what her opinion might be, and I find that an interesting phenomenon from a sociological standpoint. There's also energy on waiting or hoping the killer will feel something specific (as defined by whoever is wishing it), will feel remorse, will see her own circumstances in the way that her spectators want her to see them. Usually the killer is just seen sort of as a blob -- a monster who did something evil and took one or more lives -- and what the killer thinks or what their opinion might be is not considered much, if at all. This changes somewhat if the killer is someone who was famous before their criminal case.

To me, as someone who looks at & studies sociological aspects to criminal cases, this is an indication of how important Arias really is to a base of case followers and it's an indication she (an otherwise fairly uninteresting killer) has managed to capture a high level of attention and get under people's skin who have never met her and never will. It's something new and different, and it's interesting to work out if it's the killer who is somehow different or something else entirely.

This is it's own circus within the larger circus and it's a subject I find interesting. I question it because I'm trying to understand what's underneath it, as it's an area of study I'm pursuing.

I guess in all the cases I've followed (and there have been a lot over the years), I've never before seen interest in the thoughts and feelings of the killer. Interest in the cases, yes. Interest in the various players in the case, yes. Interest in the family and the victim(s), yes. Interest in the circus surrounding the big cases, yes.

But this is the first time I've seen such intense focus on the killer, specifically wondering what she's feeling, thinking, how she perceives things, what her opinion might be, and I find that an interesting phenomenon from a sociological standpoint. There's also energy on waiting or hoping the killer will feel something specific (as defined by whoever is wishing it), will feel remorse, will see her own circumstances in the way that her spectators want her to see them. Usually the killer is just seen sort of as a blob -- a monster who did something evil and took one or more lives -- and what the killer thinks or what their opinion might be is not considered much, if at all. This changes somewhat if the killer is someone who was famous before their criminal case.

To me, as someone who looks at & studies sociological aspects to criminal cases, this is an indication of how important Arias really is to a base of case followers and it's an indication she (an otherwise fairly uninteresting killer) has managed to capture a high level of attention and get under people's skin who have never met her and never will. It's something new and different, and it's interesting to work out if it's the killer who is somehow different or something else entirely.

This is it's own circus within the larger circus and it's a subject I find interesting.

Part of the reason I think JA gets so much attention is because how long this case has been. She killed TA in 2008, we are now in 2015 and her trial has been ongoing since 2013. If this was a cut and dry case, I doubt these threads would be as active as they are. Amanda Knox was all over the news as well. Female killers tend to fascinate us more because they are not as common as male killers. Especially ones who plan this and executed it the was JA did. MOO

True, Zinvestigator, her manipulations have even worsened but it is only delusion that she has a giant brain, greater than Einstein's. She was tested by DeMarte who found her to have in I.Q. of 119 but Dr. C. scored her in at 112. This is essentially AVERAGE.! Nothing more.What does Arias herself believe on this subj.? I think she does harbor a v. high opinion of her mental gifts.

Well, if you go by Stanford-Binet scoring it's actually "high average". They classify "average" as 90-109. But by any method of classification she's nowhere near the "Einstein" range (that would be 145 and above). She's seen her scores; I don't know why she's thinks she's as brilliant as she considers herself to be. I guess she'll have years to ponder that now.

Poking my head in to say hi! I haven't checked in for a bit. Is everything still a go for tomorrow? Can someone tell me what time?

830 am AZ, but I am not confident it will start on time as there are motions to go through.

But this is the first time I've seen such intense focus on the killer, specifically wondering what she's feeling, thinking, how she perceives things, what her opinion might be, and I find that an interesting phenomenon from a sociological standpoint. Usually the killer is just a blob -- the monster who did something evil and took one or more lives -- and what they think or what their opinion might be is not of great interest. This changes somewhat if the killer is someone who was famous before their criminal case.

To me, as someone who looks at & studies sociological aspects to criminal cases, this is an indication of how important Arias really is to a base of case followers and and it's an indication she (an otherwise fairly uninteresting killer) has managed to capture a high level of attention and get under people's skin who have never met her and never will. It's something new and different, and it's interesting to work out if it's the killer who is somehow different or something else entirely.

IMO the length between the crime and the trial/sentencing along with the killer attempting to ruin the reputation of the man she murdered has led to the intense feelings toward her.

It's also very unusual for an accused murderer to testify...and testify for 18 days which stretched over several weeks. We did gain insight into her. How she thinks, lies, reacts etc.
She also attempted to manufacture evidence and subvert the justice process, which IMO is another reason she is especially vile. To make up evidence that her victim was a woman beating, child molesting hypocrite after alternately claiming never to have been there or that two intruders killed him is despicable.

Okay been reading Kim's Facebook "Behind the Words" and it looks like she will coming out with a paperback and hardcover books! I like reading real books...
reading-smiley.gif

There is a Kindle reader download for your PC. I haven't used it yet as I downloaded it while waiting for a new kindle cord to arrive. HTH

Thanks a bunch lithgow1! What if I don't have Kindle, can I download it some how elsewhere?? Not too computer sauve! :blushing:

Mods - Can we have a dedicated thread set up for messages to the Alexander family? We did on a couple of other trials, and would like one for them. Not many folks have their address that we all shared way back, and not sure allowed to share... so can we do a thread specifically for such?

Well, if you go by Stanford-Binet scoring it's actually "high average". They classify "average" as 90-109. But by any method of classification she's nowhere near the "Einstein" range (that would be 145 and above). She's seen her scores; I don't know why she's thinks she's as brilliant as she considers herself to be. I guess she'll have years to ponder that now.

The Stanford-Binet test has fallen out of favor over the past few decades. Jodi was instead given the WAIS test, on which she scored as "high average." Not that it means much except that she might be smart enough to fool some of the people some of the time...

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/19/jodi-arias-genius

Today, I'm having: Fresh fish and shrimp (caught in an ocean you'll never see or swim in again, Arias) With delicious fries with plenty of catsup. Washing it down with ice cold beer (can't imagine you'll even see ice again) while sitting out on a Pier with my buddies. After this we will all freely get in our cars and head back to the beach, go to a movie, take the dogs for a walk or whatever else free people choose to do on a beautiful Spring day.

View attachment 72973

TexMex, your tagline reads: "punishment is justice for the unjust." From my POV, it feels like punishment every time you post some super delicious meal, while I'm sitting here I am eating a PBJ. Add in the whole nice weather/beach thing, and I'm starting to feel like it's cruel and unusual.

Just kidding, but soooo jealous!

This is it's own circus within the larger circus and it's a subject I find interesting. I question it because I'm trying to understand what's underneath it, as it's an area of study I'm pursuing.

I'd think because the killer posts her thoughts and feelings on twitter. Most people in jail do not have minions working their social media...MOO

Madeleine, Theres a simple explanation. People gravitate together against evil. Its the natual thing to do. Whether its on a forum or on the courthouse steps. Justice is demanded. If you dont stand for something then nothing will stand for you. I think thats how the saying goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay