Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This "lawyer" channel 10 is using on Youtube...not even a criminal atty. Says there is nowhere else in the states where the jury doesn't have to be unanimous in a DP case.....yes....there is...it's called Florida! Also said all DP cases have to have 12 jurors. Also, blaming Juan for the stealth juror. AND, saying Jodi is "glamorous"....Thank the Lord! No more Sherry and no more channel 10!!! :happydance:

I was on a Death Penalty case in Orlando, FL in 1996. During the actual trial, the jury has to be unanimous with either Guilt or Innocence, however when it comes to sentencing, it is majority rules. The particular case I was on was 10 for death & 2 for life. The Defendant got the death penalty.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/category/categories/states/florida

Agreed. After reading this, her statement full of lies finally made sense. Mom is more worried about her reputation and image than anything else. Her statement was really about restoring her good name and that of her family's; she wants the world to know she is the "#1 Mother' expressed in her statement necklace.

For a mother whose child was sentenced to natural life for a heinous murder, she looked amazingly composed and relaxed and happy after sentencing. And generally, she was also more than content to trash Travis and his family. The convict and her mom colluded- the convict, in her statement, scratched her mom's back (fam did not think it was abuse at the time but know better now, are redeemed) and she scratched the convict's back (she's a beautiful soul, abused by that ) so they all come out smelling like a rose. The apple did not fall far from the tree after all- it's all about presentation of image, and reputation. And in mom's mind it turned out to be a total 'win-win' situation. Nasty.

I just can't believe that they are so socially inept that they actually believe that their defensive stance is better than, being humble and begging the Alexanders for forgiveness... And saying, "I'm so sorry. We in no way condone what our daughter did. We love our daughter, but are appalled by her heiness behavior".

From the beginning they should have said this and nothing more. That's all they would need to say. It's really not about her. It's about her daughter and she should have left it at that. The public would be much more receptive and understanding of this response.

Is Troy interviewing JM??

It does sound as though he has interviewed. Yay Troy!!

#TRAVISALEXANDER Juan with Troy interview today @ 5 online #jodiarias

@troyhaydenfox10
"I wanted to make sure she could hear me" Juan Martinez on why he yelled at #JodiArias on the stand.

The shot was last IMO but she did stab him in the neck three times in addition to the huge gaping throat slitting per autopsy report-page 3

"I do remember the moment the knife went into Travis' throat," Arias said. "He was still conscious. He was trying to attack me."

Ya...ya...ya... EVERYTHING is an "attack" to her... Even a dying man trying to escape!! I'm so sick of her victim mentality... What is wrong with her!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

@troyhaydenfox10: "What price do you put on justice?" Juan Martinez on financial concerns expressed during #JodiArias sent. re-trial. http://t.co/gAqIEPkJ98

@troyhaydenfox10: "I wanted to make sure she could hear me" Juan Martinez on why he yelled at #JodiArias on the stand. http://t.co/2VMek9BWSo

@fox10PhotoChief: Exclusive. Hear from prosecutor Juan Martinez about the #jodiarias trial #fox10phoenix @troyhaydenfox10 goes 1 on 1 http://t.co/qNcFn07DCQ

I completely agree.

I wonder how 48 Hours found out about her case to begin with.

Jodi's inability to keep her mouth shut is pretty much what doomed her- doing interviews for the media and then with Det. Flores. Had she lawyered up without speaking to him, I wonder how this case would have played out.

Yeah, it was funny yesterday that JW kept bring up 2nd degree. JSS was having none of that since a JURY decided it was 1st degree. That horse had left the barn a long time ago.

Still, if Jodi had STFU and lawyered up right away, there's a good chance it would have been 2nd degree or less. It's conceivable that she could have already been released by now.

As despicable as her behavior has been, what sweet karma it is that although she casts blame on others, the fault lies solely with her.

I hope that at some point Jodi realizes that she, and she alone is responsible for the miserable future she now faces, and kicks herself for it every day from here on in.

hahahaha even a writer for NCSI would question that story as a script for a show. lol I take that back because it does read like some cable crime show, maybe that was where she got the idea. Oops...no that was the ninjas script.

Some observations on the gun first story. It reads well and some of the evidence seems to support it but I just can't buy it.
If gun first:
1. there should have been copious clots and hemorrhage in the sinus cavity. Anyone who has ever had a broken nose would have experienced a smaller amount of bleeding.
2. a 25 cal bullet has a higher decibel level that a jet engine at takeoff 140 db. CMJA's weapon .25 ACP 155 dB 'instant damage' so why draw attention?
3. the muzzle velocity of a 25 auto at 4ft distance (allowing for the linebacker pose) should have left stippling on the skin around the entrance wound. If she shot him the way she said.
4. the concussive effect of a gunshot to the skull at close to medium range would cause immediate debilitating damage as Dr. Horn stated. The bullet is accompanied by heat and expanding gasses which cause injuries that are different than a nail or an arrow. The result...think of a concussion on steroids, like being struck with a pneumatic hammer. Unlikely TA could have had any purposeful movement following that.
5.The casing embedded in the blood. If I recall the portion of the casing facing up was free of any DNA. With the spray and spatter of blood, the attempt at clean up not one iota of DNA on it. Not one cell. JMO why the gunshot had to be last. JMVHO but the bullet first theory would make a better CSI. :)

BBM ~ The body also was decomposed and even Dr. Horn said the brain matter so I assume any other soft tissue in the head would be too. This was when JW pounced on him.

BBM ~ I still think it is possible the bullet got tossed around during the struggle and that's it ended up or/another shot was fired, jammed, when the first one allowed a stunned Travis to get up and make it to the sink, hence the blood spatter. To me, the blood spatter came out from his nose and he was screaming and breathing while standing there.

All JMO. Given that, I don't think this is grounds for appeal.

I have been working too hard to pay a visit to the thread despite the sentence. Life in prison. Is it justice for Travis? What I've prayed for, for so long?

Frankly, I don't think there can ever be true justice here on earth for what she did and how she was allowed to brutalize Travis' memory and traumatize his family, over and over again, after she slaughtered him. She is diabolical and I cannot stand to hear her speak. Makes my skin crawl.

But at least this part is over. Dear Lord may she rot. Please!

I will now retire my siggy because this is as good as we can get for justice for Travis. At least for now.

But I want to remain updated. Is anyone able to alert me when things come out like interviews or whatever? I am so busy now I don't have the time to check in hardly at all!

View attachment 73122
View attachment 73123
View attachment 73124
View attachment 73125

@troyhaydenfox10: "What price do you put on justice?" Juan Martinez on financial concerns expressed during #JodiArias sent. re-trial. http://t.co/gAqIEPkJ98

@troyhaydenfox10: "I wanted to make sure she could hear me" Juan Martinez on why he yelled at #JodiArias on the stand. http://t.co/2VMek9BWSo

@fox10PhotoChief: Exclusive. Hear from prosecutor Juan Martinez about the #jodiarias trial #fox10phoenix @troyhaydenfox10 goes 1 on 1 http://t.co/qNcFn07DCQ

So excited to see this! Thanks for the teaser! I'm assuming you'll post a link when the interview is done? Should be very interesting!

hahahaha even a writer for NCSI would question that story as a script for a show. lol I take that back because it does read like some cable crime show, maybe that was where she got the idea. Oops...no that was the ninjas script.

Some observations on the gun first story. It reads well and some of the evidence seems to support it but I just can't buy it.
If gun first:
1. there should have been copious clots and hemorrhage in the sinus cavity. Anyone who has ever had a broken nose would have experienced a smaller amount of bleeding.
2. a 25 cal bullet has a higher decibel level that a jet engine at takeoff 140 db. CMJA's weapon .25 ACP 155 dB 'instant damage' so why draw attention?
3. the muzzle velocity of a 25 auto at 4ft distance (allowing for the linebacker pose) should have left stippling on the skin around the entrance wound. If she shot him the way she said.
4. the concussive effect of a gunshot to the skull at close to medium range would cause immediate debilitating damage as Dr. Horn stated. The bullet is accompanied by heat and expanding gasses which cause injuries that are different than a nail or an arrow. The result...think of a concussion on steroids, like being struck with a pneumatic hammer. Unlikely TA could have had any purposeful movement following that.
5.The casing embedded in the blood. If I recall the portion of the casing facing up was free of any DNA. With the spray and spatter of blood, the attempt at clean up not one iota of DNA on it. Not one cell. JMO why the gunshot had to be last. JMVHO but the bullet first theory would make a better CSI. :)

Yes

Dr. Horn offered his professional opinion when he said, "I believe the wounds to the hand must have occurred before the fatal injuries of either the head or of the throat; the throat injuries and/or the head wound are going to be immediately incapacitating and he's not going to attempt to defend himself after that."

Any word yet on Sherriff Joe's report? ...I hope it is released soon! I can hardly wait any longer!!

You and me both! I do a little bit of work then sneak back here to check to see if the report has been released and linked yet. Spending way more time checking here than working! I thought they had initially said it would be released shortly after she was sentenced and out of Estrella...well it's been almost 24 hours now! Impatiently waiting!

Does anyone know who that was that left with Sandy Arias? I thought she was there by herself but yet another woman and a man left with her and the woman thanked the reporter in the end too.

So excited to see this! Thanks for the teaser! I'm assuming you'll post a link when the interview is done? Should be very interesting!

Yeah, they said it would be on TV at 5:00 AZ time and on the Internet soon after.

Another thing about the killer having to 'rebut' the family's & Juan's statements. They had to fight for the gun shot first because that would be the only way they could try the case using DV & battered woman syndrome plus, the gun shot started 'the fog'. She couldn't admit to the stabbings first or even last because that would show the intent of murder & she wants it to be he attacked her & she fought back.

Dr. Horn finding no bleeding in the head wound explaining the heart was not pumping blood when he was shot & also after he was shot, he wouldn't have purposed movements, the numerous defensive wounds leads me to believe the shot was last.

The fact that the killer was no stranger to knifes. I do believe she carried a knife always. She slit a total of 12 tires! 2x'x Travis, 1x, Lisa's.

Only the killer would stand to the JSS and still insist the order of the weapons used at the sentencing! Thinking that the order of weapons used, would make a difference that she premeditated killing Travis. Like her mind is thinking that the order of the weapons, would make a difference in her guilt or sentence!

Why would anyone think this case should have been a 2nd degree murder case? If she had maybe JUST shot him, or JUST stabbed him, but to stab him, not once, but 29 times, and then to ALSO shoot him, and then to ALSO almost decapitate him, I would never think that to be 2nd degree because at any time she could have stopped, like after she stabbed him once, or after she shot him once. I would like to hear JW's opinion on why she thinks it should have been a 2nd degree case, but then again, I could hardly stand to listen to her during the trial and even yesterday post sentencing, so I would only like to read her opinion lol

Anyone know, off hand, what was going on / being discussed when JA gave the following thumbs down sign? TIA

• 920x920.jpg
  • http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...se-with-life-prison-6197934.php#photo-7812486

What I don't understand was how they could bring social media into this? For Wilmott to sit there and say that if JA said this then she was wrong, or if she said whatever......WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT PEOPLE WERE SAYING ON SOCIAL MEDIA???? It isn't like people just started having opinions with the invention of Facebook, Twitter, etc..... To me, she was making the case out to being tried in the court of public opinion, and in today's day and time, there is just no way for people not to form their own opinions ESPECIALLY when the public has a right to the information.

And for JA to sit there and show that she had seen what was on Social Media.....that absolutely infuriates me. Her access to social media, period, made me furious.

:gaah:

Sorry, just had to vent that out!

:laughing:

I thought JW's 2nd Degree Murder remarks were interesting. Perhaps in the future if JW believes the facts of a case only warrant a 2nd Degree Murder conviction, she will argue for 2nd Degree Murder instead of going for broke on an outright acquittal. Even though this is clearly a 1st Degree Murder case, a case for 2nd Degree could have been made but the DT got greedy and blew their chance at it. For an attorney to stand on the courthouse steps and declare the murder to be "2nd Degree" when that same attorney didn't even argue that in court is interesting.... But a very very small part of me respects JW for sticking it out until the end with her client. Her client is deplorable but at least JW represented her to the end.

IMO...the 2 minute comment was to point out repeatedly that there was no pre-meditation, hence, no 1st degree murder. To this day Her and Her Defense deny the pre-meditation. That's also why the state would not offer a plea.

@websleuths: TONIGHT SPECIAL DAY &TIME http://t.co/76WVj1ey6g 10 PM ET W/CHRIS @cshughes & Paul Sanders Chat opens 30 min b4 showtime. TONIGHT #JodiArias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would anyone think this case should have been a 2nd degree murder case? If she had maybe JUST shot him, or JUST stabbed him, but to stab him, not once, but 29 times, and then to ALSO shoot him, and then to ALSO almost decapitate him, I would never think that to be 2nd degree because at any time she could have stopped, like after she stabbed him once, or after she shot him once. I would like to hear JW's opinion on why she thinks it should have been a 2nd degree case, but then again, I could hardly stand to listen to her during the trial and even yesterday post sentencing, so I would only like to read her opinion lol

Me, either. I don't see why the sequence matters. It still ALL happened. If the shot came first, somehow his body was drug all over the bathroom, into the bedroom, back into the shower, and he was stabbed 29 times and his throat slit. So the argument about the shot coming first and being more "humane" wouldn't even make sense. How did an obvious attack take place with blood all over the walls, all down the hall and all over the sink? Travis's blood! If the shot came last, he was still stabbed 29 times and his throat slit, and it all happened from one end of that bathroom to the other. There was nothing humane in his torturous murder!

IMO, there is nothing 2nd degree about this horrific murder, at all. IMO, the sequence of events, during the murder, were still after the whole thing was premeditated, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper