Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still floored that Jodi chose to take away the comfort that perhaps Travis wasn't conscious when his throat was slit. She wanted his family to know he suffered horrendously. The woman is pure evil.

I'm actually glad JSS didn't spend any time lecturing JA. She treated this in a clinical, professional way, separating herself from the hysteria and ranting that has gone on around her with the circus. Good for the judge. No one can point to her and say she was biased, she did her job based on the aggravating vs mitigating factors. She weighed the evidence and was able to clearly articulate her reasoning for the sentence.

That's exactly what JSS needed to do.

Any appeals JA tries will fail. JSS made sure of that by allowing the murderess every opportunity to present her evidence.

You would be.

I don't think I will EVER EVER forget..."I remember the knife going into his throat and he was still alive...."

It sent a chill all over me when she said that. It proves she lied to the court and says to me that she enjoyed hurting Travis.

Relieved, but no surprise, that it was LWOP, but I missed the siblings' statements and JSS handing down the sentence (you know, busy with my kids and real life); did JSS "give it to her" or ??? I am sure it will all be on You Tube soon!

It has been unclear to me: do we get to see footage of JA being carted off?

RIP, Travis and peace with the Alexander family.

I'm actually glad JSS didn't spend any time lecturing JA. She treated this in a clinical, professional way, separating herself from the hysteria and ranting that has gone on around her with the circus. Good for the judge. No one can point to her and say she was biased, she did her job based on the aggravating vs mitigating factors. She weighed the evidence and was able to clearly articulate her reasoning for the sentence.

Any appeals JA tries will fail. JSS made sure of that by allowing the murderess every opportunity to present her evidence.

And for those of us who would like to find a little hint of FU Jodi, we can think of Samantha's "not worth my breath" words too. Nice. All in all, I feel like it was done very well.

So much worse than I expected, uchh.
CMJA (not verbatim): " I told the truth on stand, everything i said is true. I remember when the knife went into Travis' throat, and yes he was alive, and still attacking me. I didn't shoot last, Juan and Flores lied about that. I'm sorry the Alexander family has pain, but they're totally wrong and I need to address their errors now."
Unreal - CMJA didn't lie on stand? Didn't remember any of the knife wounds, but does remember slicing his throat right now? He was attacking her while she slit his throat? After a few dozen stabs?

Horrible things to say, only monstrous. No remorse, no pity for anyone, not even her vicitm.

This is what I heard from a monster.

I'm sorry, but just so you know...

I shot him first. So there.
He was still alive when I slit his throat. So there.

I would have enjoyed a smack down, but it would have been like yelling at a wall. And maybe she didn't want to allude any further to the crime details, just so the family didn't have to hear it all one more time. I dunno.

I had to crack up at Nurmi: "I know there are still a few ancillary details to take care of, but help! lemme outta here!"

one thing i am surprised about is that jodi waved her presence at this restitution hearing,i would have thought she'd have wanted another day out

It was amazing how that fog lifted, I think I'm still in shock, I felt she was trying to harm his family members further by saying that....it was the way she said it. She isn't horrified, she isn't repulsed, she was matter of fact all the way. No remorse at all imo.

Tricia Griffith ‏@websleuths 7m7 minutes ago Wilmott continuing to say the evil of #JodiArias only lasted two minutes. #smh
0 retweets 0 favorites

Tricia Griffith ‏@websleuths 1m1 minute ago Discussing the #JodiArias case now http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?276818-Discussions-on-Formal-Sentencing-Hearing-Jodi-Arias-11 … Her admission of remembering slashing Travis' throat will haunt appeal

Tricia Griffith ‏@websleuths 36s36 seconds ago The "fog" lifted while #JodiArias gave her final statement b4 being given life w/o parole "he was conscious when I slit his throat"

Tricia Griffith ‏@websleuths 5m5 minutes ago
Tanisha yells "burn in hell" as #JodiArias leaves the courtroom.

For 2 minutes she did something reprehensible? You, Wilmott have been doing something reprehensible, IMO, for the last several years, trying to excuse what this *advertiser censored* did. She conveniently overlooked the amount of planning that went into this murder.

This was no ordinary defense. I think Wilmot and Arias are blood sisters.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago

I'm waiting to see if family is going to speak #jodiarias

CCfTXzwUsAAd5ge.jpg

I'm still floored that Jodi choose to take away the comfort that perhaps Travis wasn't conscious when his throat was slit. She wanted his family to know he suffered horrendously. The woman is pure evil.

I'm not, this chickenshit, vile coward will stop at nothing to abuse and torment anyone who loved Travis, just exactly like she tormented and abused Travis before, during, and after she murdered him.

Okay, that's done. When do we get to see her on the road to Perryville?

Oh, and the contents of Sheriff Joe's binder.

I wish Juan could have talked after CMJA statement, he would have really brought her evilness out into the open.

Jodi said the bullet came first.

That verifies exactly what I thought, the bullet was last.

She is still in spin mode even when it is too late.

What we learned from the killer herself:

- TA was NOT shot first
- TA was alive when she cut his throat
- JA remembers every bit of the murder, including slicing TA's throat

JSS is not into ruling based on emotions and hysteria. She's not into sharing her own feelings and making speeches. She gave a very clear and concise rendition of how she made her decision. Aggravating vs Mitigating. Professionally done.

She actually said the shot did come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper