Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan: "I don't see how her mother saw bruises on her when Jodi was in Southern California and Arizona and her mother was in Northern California near the border with Oregon."

I think any "bruises" CMJA had were just applied makeup, its easy to do with green and purple eye shadow. I certainly don't think she had any real bruises, unless self inflicted. Furthermore, I think SA is a compulsive fibber like her daughter.

I think the only bruises JA ever got while in Mesa were from crawling through TA's doggy door or rummaging around through boxes in his garage -- looking for her SS card so she could get hired bringing food to people.

Of course she can get contact visits I don't know about conjugal (sex) visits.

It will be some time before she can have contact visits. She has to earn privileges. Before she even gets to the visit stage, though, her visitor list has to be approved and each potential visitor has to pay $25 for a background check. Maybe the Lumley unit will take a nice long time processing her visitor list when they see her infractions from Estrella.....

It will be some time before she can have contact visits. She has to earn privileges. Before she even gets to the visit stage, though, her visitor list has to be approved and each potential visitor has to pay $25 for a background check. Maybe the Lumley unit will take a nice long time processing her visitor list when they see her infractions from Estrella.....

From what Troy Hayden said today before sentencing began, Travis' murderer was in quite a bit of trouble during her time in Estrella regarding things that are not known to the public. Sheriff Joe's report should make for an interesting read.

It angered me that Sandi Arias turned his words around on him. He wasn't the worst thing to happen to Jodi, she was the worst thing to ever happen to him!!! Too bad he ever introduced himself to her. If he'd only known the evil monster that lurked behind the dyed blonde hair and phony *advertiser censored*.

When Samantha said today that she knew about JA because TA asked her for LE advice, I bet that had to do with the tire slashing. I really wish he would of called LE on her. :(

It angered me that Sandi Arias turned his words around on him. He wasn't the worst thing to happen to Jodi, she was the worst thing to ever happen to him!!! Too bad he ever introduced himself to her. If he'd only known the evil monster that lurked behind the dyed blonde hair and phony *advertiser censored*.

Wow, Sandy said that? I guess she's gotta goose step along with party line. Can't break ranks. The family that lies together, uh... well I'll think of something. lol

If, by some miracle, her conviction is overturned on appeal and a new trial was ordered, what would the charge be? She can't do the double jeopardy death penalty, so wouldn't it just be a redo of LWOP or LWP?

Why wouldn't she be able to do the death penalty? There's no double jeopardy if she kills again? She could get death for the second murder?

Why wouldn't she be able to do the death penalty? There's no double jeopardy if she kills again? She could get death for the second murder?

Hi Rickshaw, I think Franquerolane was asking about what would happen if Travis' murderer were granted a new trial on an appellate issue on Travis' murder, not if she were to commit another murder.

In my heart I don't feel justice was served. Only one juror out of 12 voted LWOP. I pray to God this is not reversed on appeal.

I really wanted her to get the DP, but think this sentence is perfect for her. She will not get endless appeals. There is NO WAY this sentence will ever, ever, ever be successfully overturned on appeal. I am 100000000% sure of it. If you knew me from posting here, you would know that I am never confident and err on the side of extreme caution. Arias will never be let out of prison, until she is in a pine box.

From what Troy Hayden said today before sentencing began, Travis' murderer was in quite a bit of trouble during her time in Estrella regarding things that are not known to the public. Sheriff Joe's report should make for an interesting read.

Really????? Ugh! Wished I was home! I so want to know I know she was buddy buddy with gal killed her husband by beating him to death with hammer and Joe had to separate them:scared:

Ohhhhh kayyyyy..

I've been bursting at the seams all day about this.. ya'll didn't think after I invested a considerable amount of my time CKJA trial watching and websleuth'n that I wouldn't comment today! ;)

Really????? Ugh! Wished I was home! I so want to know I know she was buddy buddy with gal killed her husband by beating him to death with hammer and Joe had to separate them:scared:

Yes Observer in AZ, he intimated that there were several pretty significant things that would be revealed about her behaviors in jail. I can't remember exactly what he said but there was something to the effect of recorded phone conversations that were pretty revealing and that this information came from one of his sources, I believe. In any event, this info suggested more than just your run-of-the-mill inmate infractions and made me even more interested in reading Sheriff Joe's report.

Really heartwarming to read this again and having Hillary, Tanisha and Samantha speak today. :heart: Travis wrote about them in his "Introduction to Raising You".

"The good news is that we finally lost that house. The bad news is our next option was to live in a camper shell in my Aunts back yard. We kept it next to the Garage where the washer and dryer were. The washer wasn’t hooked up to plumbing so the dirty water would drain into the back yard and stagnate there. We were there for more than a year four feet tall, five feet wide and six feet long, my mother, my three sisters and I. We didn’t have the convenience of bathing every day so we tended to stink. I didn’t mind going with out a bath that much really. I was a boy like most and didn’t have a problem being dirty. But I was scared of bathing because if I once got the bathroom floor wet and my mother accused of me of urinating on the floor and threw me half way through a wall."

RIP Travis. :angel:

I posted this on sidebar, meant to post it here:
I always believed Travis was alive until she stabbed him in the throat. He was potentially getting away, she was frantic cause she couldnt have him leave that bedroom. He might get help..his room mates would see him so as he crawled trying to get to safety..cause he could no longer walk due to all her stabbings and the shooting....she could not let him leave that bedroom and slashed him. I have always thought that is what happened and today she confirmed it. I feel terrible for the Alexander family..and I do think Jodi had to throw that in just to make their nightmares continue..cause otherwise she is just not happy. I did not hear any true remorse from her again and in fact heard nothing but lies and how she feels she was attacked etc...Come on Jodi figure it out..no one believes you except the few little groupies that you have. I hope Perryville becomes her worse nightmare..and I assure you she never had any intentions of killing herself..My goodness Jodi, give us a break!

Wow, Sandy said that? I guess she's gotta goose step along with party line. Can't break ranks. The family that lies together, uh... well I'll think of something. lol

When she addressed the judge, so it's on the record. I tell you, those people don't have much original to say, steal it from their victim and turn it around to suit their own pity parties. I actually opened my mouth and made a noise - I couldn't believe what I'd heard. It was something like the second sentence out of her mouth and it was despicable.

Mother Arias is quite a creep and this really drove it home. Can't get much more black and white than that single sentence out of her mouth.

ETA: my apologies. I misremembered (small wonder) and it was a gross exaggeration to say it was the second sentence out of her mouth. It's actually quite a few in. Here's a bad quality video, but it has her speech on it starting around 7 minutes in. The offensive statement is approx. 7:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZL8oLcqoF0

So holy fog rolled away batman! I sat and watched that evil sorry excuse of a human suit and talk about fog and black out for weeks and weeks only today to have her say she Remembered TA conscious when she slit his throat what??? The fact that she couldn't even suck it up for few mins to try to get a chance for parole she had to snip back how everyone else was wrong she was right.. WOW!!

The one youtube video I saw of sentencing the look on her face of pure hatred that a baby dare cry and steal her rapidly dimming spotlight I fear was the last image TA saw.. wow!

Lastly.. I Mr hold out juror watched today and realize how wrong he was to pity her and her fake abuse stories! You cost the state of arizona a lot of $$ buddy!

When she addressed the judge, so it's on the record. I tell you, those people don't have much original to say, steal it from their victim and turn it around to suit their own pity parties. I actually opened my mouth and made a noise - I couldn't believe what I'd heard. It was something like the second sentence out of her mouth and it was despicable.

Mother Arias is quite a creep and this really drove it home. Can't get much more black and white than that single sentence out of her mouth.

Thanks for filling me in, figured as much and in that case I am glad that I skipped her statement. Until she genuinely apologizes to the Alexander family for her daughter's brutal murder of their brother Travis, I have zero use for listening to what comes out of her mouth.

Yes Observer in AZ, he intimated that there were several pretty significant things that would be revealed about her behaviors in jail. I can't remember exactly what he said but there was something to the effect of recorded phone conversations that were pretty revealing and that this information came from one of his sources, I believe. In any event, this info suggested more than just your run-of-the-mill inmate infractions and made me even more interested in reading Sheriff Joe's report.

Wonder if this was when she was trying to get folks to lie for her.. like the magazine trick?? I'll have to look at Troy's Twitter feed or tweet him

I can't stop thinking about the admission today. WHY did she do that? Would she really admit to lying about her whole fog to spite the Alexanders? And it was worded so oddly, choppy, almost like she was hesitant. At first I thought I heard her say, "I should have testified [that she remembers the knife going into his neck]", but I guess it was, "I would have..." So then why not have testified that she remembered in 2014? Did she really just admit it was all a lie? Or is she going to say her counsel advised her to lie, against her better judgment, and claim ineffective counsel?

Also, this admission is irrelevant to any appeal, correct? Since her appeal will focus on prosecutorial misconduct, ineffective counsel and JSS odd way of running her court, does it even matter that she admitted this today?

I'd like to hear your thoughts. I tend to believe the family, Samantha especially, pissed her off so much that she couldn't help herself. It was impulsive and vindictive.

I still can't believe she straight up said he was conscious and Juan played games then all about how that Sam was wrong etc..

Seriously? Do you not get it? This was the curtain call.. last act.. finis! There's nothing you can do game over.. you rot in Perryville!

On what grounds do you think that would happen??? JSS left no wiggle room, and as much as Nurmi hated her, he gave her the best defense he could. They managed to find the one person who would spare her life. It would be a very uphill battle. Jodi admitted as recently as today that she slit his throat. She remembers doing it. He was conscious, therefore the gun shot was last. It was cruel. There was no fog, she remembers doing it.
Joey Jackson, who is an experienced defense attorney said no way will it happen!

From what I read only if JSS made some kind of error or bad call and an attorney went through the files to find something to get an appeal hearing granted. I think worse case scenario would be to reduce it to LWP. You just never know with our justice system. Who would of thought Casey Anthony or OJ would have ever been acquitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18