Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a long day. Justice was finally served for Travis and the Alexander family. I don't think we should muck up this thread with talk about the killer and her potential sex life or lack thereof. Do we really need to go there on this important day? Travis's family reads here. Regardless if they did or did not read here, I don't want to read another word about her sex escapades.

In regards to time served carrying over to prison. That might be true, but since she hasn't done well in jail, and has caused a ton of problems according to the Sheriff, I think she may have to start over again. She will not go to prison and be in GP soon. I can't wait for the reports from the Sheriff to get released. The killer may actually have additional time added on for bad behavior.

In my heart I don't feel justice was served. Only one juror out of 12 voted LWOP. I pray to God this is not reversed on appeal.

So I've been wondering, if the murderer were to kill someone while in prison would she be given another trial for that killing?

I believe she would, since murders are prosecuted in courts and not on prison discipline boards. Hey, another chance for the DP! Maybe Jodi so craves the limelight, she'll kill someone just so she can go through this all again. You'd have to think her history would come up in another trial, however, since the location of the crime would not be possible to explain away or omit.

Wow. Thanks!! I painted my toenails blue at 5 AM, drove Mr. zig to the airport, and put my makeup on in the courthouse bathroom LOL

If, by some miracle, her conviction is overturned on appeal and a new trial was ordered, what would the charge be? She can't do the double jeopardy death penalty, so wouldn't it just be a redo of LWOP or LWP?

I have a feeling JA is going to lash out today.

The circumstances of the day - being forced to wear stripes and chains, the presence of the retrial jurors (in blue), the fact that this is her last curtain call - seem like the perfect storm to trigger her disgusting, er, unusual mind.

Well kudos to you Zebra, you called it. Travis' murderer went off script and ****ed up by admitting in court that the fog was all BS and she lied under oath, all to punish and torment Samantha for calling her on her ****--. She is beyond inhuman and I hope that this lashing out costs her any chance she may have ever had for appeal.

Originally Posted by Caylee Advocate: "And she gave him pedophile pamphlets. LMAO"

And had sex with him to help him feel normal. So he'd lust after grown women instead of little boys or girls.

You see? You see how she helps people??? She even kept his skeletons safe in the closet for years! Well, safe until The State wouldn't give in to her demand for a plea deal to 2nd degree. But that's neither here nor there. She's a saint. A saint, I tells ya! :D

If, by some miracle, her conviction is overturned on appeal and a new trial was ordered, what would the charge be? She can't do the double jeopardy death penalty, so wouldn't it just be a redo of LWOP or LWP?

No Franquerolane, if I'm not mistaken, if she were to get a new trial she would be charged with the same charge and DP would again be an option if the state chooses to go for the DP. It would just be a do-over is my understanding.

Right, AZL?

If it is true, she will be around others far sooner than she is ready to be. With that, I am not sure she will adapt as well as some have predicted. I hope it is not a written-in-stone time frame of two years, but an every-new-inmate-is-different type thing, where she can be kept in isolation as long as is deemed necessary.

Doesn't she have to have PERFECT behavior for six months or something? She may have 2400 days on her record, but we know it's far from perfect. She'll have to start over at PV, I think.

Wow. Thanks!! I painted my toenails blue at 5 AM, drove Mr. zig to the airport, and put my makeup on in the courthouse bathroom LOL

You not only made us proud, you're drop dead beautiful and articulate to boot! Way to go, Ziggy!

WhiteOrchids said:
In my heart I don't feel justice was served. Only one juror out of 12 voted LWOP. I pray to God this is not reversed on appeal.

On what grounds do you think that would happen??? JSS left no wiggle room, and as much as Nurmi hated her, he gave her the best defense he could. They managed to find the one person who would spare her life. It would be a very uphill battle. Jodi admitted as recently as today that she slit his throat. She remembers doing it. He was conscious, therefore the gun shot was last. It was cruel. There was no fog, she remembers doing it.
Joey Jackson, who is an experienced defense attorney said no way will it happen!

No Franquerolane, if I'm not mistaken, if she were to get a new trial she would be charged with the same charge and DP would again be an option if the state chooses to go for the DP. It would just be a do-over is my understanding.

Right, AZL?

Then I would say, be careful what you wish for,

It's only a civil matter dontchaknow....Settle my %&*

Well then, I hope the Alexanders now sue her for Wrongful Death, and go after any money she makes- donations, art sales, commisary money...

Well kudos to you Zebra, you called it. Travis' murderer went off script and ****ed up by admitting in court that the fog was all BS and she lied under oath, all to punish and torment Samantha for calling her on her ****--. She is beyond inhuman and I hope that this lashing out costs her any chance she may have ever had for appeal.

IMO, she won't get clemency. I don't think the AZ courts/citizens want to spend any more money on her. This was dragged out for too long and in the next coming days, she will fade away into total darkness where she belongs. And I hope she keeps hearing the words, "You are the worst thing that ever happened to me".

IMO, she won't get clemency. I don't think the AZ courts/citizens want to spend any more money on her. This was dragged out for too long and in the next coming days, she will fade away into total darkness where she belongs. And I hope she keeps hearing the words, "You are the worst thing that ever happened to me".
It angered me that Sandi Arias turned his words around on him. He wasn't the worst thing to happen to Jodi, she was the worst thing to ever happen to him!!! Too bad he ever introduced himself to her. If he'd only known the evil monster that lurked behind the dyed blonde hair and phony *advertiser censored*.

I do not agree with that meme.TA had horrible parents, both of them, and it does not appear that he was anything like them.

Another Arias backfire - another jerky thing not thought through, lol!

Arias parents were bad parents and created an ******* by ignoring their ja's friends' pleas to get their daughter help. Watching those early parent interviews, the mom struck me as so incredibly clueless or self-involved stating over and over that ja had mental problems but never did anything to help her.

Funny how bad parents can produce both *******s and wonderful, upstanding members of society who aspire to help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7