UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was beyond rumors. It was outright FALSE INFORMATION that people are eager to believe, even when presented with the right information.

This is not off-topic, but unfortunately on-topic for this thread.

jmo

It doesn't surprise me. Some of these people are just waiting for an excuse to kick off. We've had illiterate vigilantes attacking paediatricians after getting confused with the word paedophile.

Last edited:
"Police searching for a motive for the mass stabbings in Southport that left three children dead are increasingly focusing on the state of their suspect’s mental health or potential neurodivergence in the years before the attack, the Guardian understands."

"Searches of electronic devices such as phones and laptops linked to the teenage suspect continue, and investigators will gain greater confidence that no terrorist or ideological motive played a part, once those searches are completed"

Police searching for motive for Southport stabbings focus on suspect’s mental health

Very disturbing if it turns out, that the signs were there, and no one payed serious attention to it.
Only a very sick & cowardly person, can do this.
Imo

"

The other thing about doors I haven't seen raised is that most of the time, you're straight up not allowed to lock or bar them in any way. It's a fire hazard. You can get fined for it! Community centres are often older buildings (village/mission halls, churches, schools, pubs and club buildings) and when in use, exits have to be accessible. Not all of these places have automatically locking doors, fobs/keycard access, or modern one-way fire escape doors, so replacing these to secure all entrances would cost a fortune!

All the rural events I attended as a kid in my rural village had a designated door that was usually open. 'What if someone comes in and attacks us all out of nowhere' would have been unthinkable logic. I really hope community events can be modernised to better protect attendees, but I also hope that as a country, we can somehow tackle this horrific spate of violence.

It doesn't surprise me. Some of these people are just waiting for an excuse to kick off. We've had illiterate vigilantes attacking paediatricians after getting it confusing with the word paedophile.
It's important, imo, to shine a light on the horrible action of these people - it's not okay to sweep it aside but to face it head on as deplorable and DANGEROUS (and dumb).

jmo

The other thing about doors I haven't seen raised is that most of the time, you're straight up not allowed to lock or bar them in any way. It's a fire hazard. You can get fined for it! Community centres are often older buildings (village/mission halls, churches, schools, pubs and club buildings) and when in use, exits have to be accessible. Not all of these places have automatically locking doors, fobs/keycard access, or modern one-way fire escape doors, so replacing these to secure all entrances would cost a fortune!

All the rural events I attended as a kid in my rural village had a designated door that was usually open. 'What if someone comes in and attacks us all out of nowhere' would have been unthinkable logic. I really hope community events can be modernised to better protect attendees, but I also hope that as a country, we can somehow tackle this horrific spate of violence.
Those doors are usually firedoors with push bars to open

It was clear that violence would happen. Its been bubbling under the surface for a while. All despite that fact that the killer was UK born and bred.
Guess they never heard the saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

I totally understand being angry at the perp (but not to the point of violence), but they aren't angry at the perp - they are angry at a fictional character someone on social media made up. He's not an immigrant who recently arrived on a boat.

jmo

How many times have we seen the quiet, introvert of the family ending up being a killer, or in this case, a mass murderer. There is no excuse whatsoever for what this sick monster has done - look at those poor little girls, their whole lives ahead of them but snuffed out by this sicko.

IMO monsters like this should have to forfeit their human rights, they shouldn't have a right to anything and they are definitely not human.
That's a massive leap to try to link introversion to mass murder, not sure Eysenck would agree. But it's understandable to be angry, it's how I'm feeling right now.

Yeah... The hall I did Brownies in thirty years ago was in no way air conditioned. It didn't even have ceiling fans. In Sydney. It looks exactly the same from the outside, today. The only way it was bearable in the heat was to open every door and window in the place.

A lot of these community centres for kids and other local programs are very underfunded, whatever the country, and air conditioning just isn't in the budget.

MOO
sadly there will not be any funds to install air con, let along the cost to run it. I think us leaders, parents and sadly the children will want to discuss our security arrangements over the summer break. it's going to be doors closed and locked from now on. Our windows which are normally flung wide open (big enough to easily climb inside at waist height) I think we will have to look at some mechanism to install so they can be locked half open.

"Police searching for a motive for the mass stabbings in Southport that left three children dead are increasingly focusing on the state of their suspect’s mental health or potential neurodivergence in the years before the attack, the Guardian understands."

"Searches of electronic devices such as phones and laptops linked to the teenage suspect continue, and investigators will gain greater confidence that no terrorist or ideological motive played a part, once those searches are completed"

Police searching for motive for Southport stabbings focus on suspect’s mental health

Very disturbing if it turns out, that the signs were there, and no one payed serious attention to it.
Imo

"

No surprise here.
It is obvious that the attack was the culmination of his issues.
(as I wrote earlier)

It just didn't happen
"out of the blue".
No way!

Usually
such signs/red flags/disturbing behaviours
are picked up at school.

And addressed adequately.

JMO

That's a massive leap to try to link introversion to mass murder, not sure Eysenck would agree. But it's understandable to be angry, it's how I'm feeling right now.
I think it's a given everyone is angry that innocent victims were viciously attacked, but let's be angry at the truth of the matter, not false info.

jmo

What these horrid people want is just to spew racism and break stuff.

The attacker was not an immigrant.

One of the victims who died was.

When they're spouting their xenophobic hate, they're attacking a kid who did nothing to deserve her brutal murder.

Shame on them.

MOO
In the eyes of those who attacks the mosque, it doesn't matter that the suspect was born in the UK, and thus not an immigrant. To them anyone whomever is the child, grandchild, great-grandchild etc of immigrants that they don't want in "their" country, are classified as immigrants, of the second- , third-, fourth-generation immigrants. Take a look at some of the parties that won seats in the latest European Union election.

What the heck????

From the link, bbm.
"The violence appears to have been fuelled by false claims that the suspect was an asylum seeker who had arrived in the UK by boat which have spread online....

The force confirmed that a large group of protesters - believed to be supporters of the English Defence League – began to launch items towards a local mosque on St Luke’s Road in Southport at around 7.45pm.

One officer has suffered a suspected broken nose and police vehicles have been damaged and set on fire."

Shame on these people.

jmo

English Defence League. Surprise surprise. Bunch of racists.

Imo

"
In order to get to the Taylor Swift session he passed numerous others - a cursory check of the local HaF programme shows there was a variety of organised activities taking place, let alone paid-for sessions.

Why not target Southport FC just down the road? Why not any of the other sessions happening yesterday morning?

Also many, many people experience mental health difficulties. Many, many people are neurodivergent. They do not go out and murder young girls.
Obviously MOO
Edited by me

The BBC News at Ten reporter Callum May reporting from the scenes said that Merseyside Police were saying it definitely was not an Islamic plot and the violence was started by the Far Right groups English Defence League.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back