UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited by a moderator:
In order to get to the Taylor Swift session he passed numerous others - a cursory check of the local HaF programme shows there was a variety of organised activities taking place, let alone paid-for sessions.
Indeed. It makes me think there must be a link, somehow. It doesn’t seem like the type of event you’d easily stumble across either virtually or physically.

There is another lady mentioned on the purple flyer for the event. Could either of the leaders be ex-teachers of the perp? Ex-girlfriend? Parent? Someone linked with martial arts?

Do 17 year old males even use Facebook and Instagram any more? I thought it was all Snapchat and Tiktok. It feels like something you’d have to know about or search for.

JMO MOO

Anger is part of the immense grief, it wasn't outside instigators telling Keir Starmer to "go away" and "is that it?" when he laid flowers. He should have talked to local people who are devastated by the butchering of these little girls and young women.

Another possible thought that had crossed my mind was something like... had he maybe gotten a girl pregnant and she had an abortion? And he was angry and wanted to take his frustration out on other children?

Honestly total guessing and my own thoughts and opinion. Just trying to make some sort of "sense" of his motive for this type of attack. I don't recall seeing anything quite like this before.

Another possible thought that had crossed my mind was something like... had he maybe gotten a girl pregnant and she had an abortion? And he was angry and wanted to take his frustration out on other children?

Honestly total guessing and my own thoughts and opinion. Just trying to make some sort of "sense" of his motive for this type of attack. I don't recall seeing anything quite like this before.

I wouldn't look for precise motive.

It might be the attacker doesn't know it himself.

It is probably a mixture of
rage, feeling of unfulfillment, disappointment, failure, some kind of injustice,
etc, etc.

Plus MH issues
probably not treated.

JMO

1722384020191.png
At a vigil on Tuesday evening, residents laid flowers and held a minute's silence
''Earlier today, Natasha Sandland, head teacher of Marshside Primary School, said their community had been "left numb by this tragic incident".

She described one of her pupils killed in the attack, six-year-old Bebe King, as "one of our brightest and most wonderful shining stars".

On the other side of Southport, at Farnborough Road Infant School, head teacher Jennifer Shepton described Elsie Dot Stancombe - a seven-year-old killed in the incident - arriving for her first day atop her father's shoulders.

"Even at her early age she was such a caring and charismatic young lady who loved to please," she said.

Jinnie Payne, head teacher of Churchtown Primary School, where nine-year-old Alice Dasilva Aguiar - the third child to die in the attack - was in Year 4, said she was "the happiest of souls, a true ray of sunshine".

"She was known and loved by everyone... a testament to her unique ability to connect with others," she said.''

Twenty-two police officers injured in Southport unrest

Merseyside Police said eight officers sustained serious injuries including fractures, lacerations, a suspected broken nose and concussion.

Other injuries included one officer being knocked unconscious, as well as others suffering head and serious facial injuries. Three police dogs were also hurt, with two having bricks thrown at them.

English Defence League. Surprise surprise. Bunch of racists.

I agree, but I feel the need to point out that just because this suspect was not an immigrant himself (legal or illegal), that doesn't mean he didn't have in mind support for the people from his family's country of origin (Rwanda) or that problems with the way he felt Rwandans are being treated by UK government and/or citizens didn't factor in to his choosing to perpetrate a violent act in some sort of misguided protest.

Imo, he would not have to be the direct "victim" of bad policy or ethnic bias or anti-immigrant sentiment to carry out this violent act as a show of kinship or some feeling like that in support of people in the UK from Rwanda, his family's country of origin. Whether this is the case or not I don't know, but if so, I also don't know if this qualifies it as a terrorist act by legal definition.

With all respect, I don't find such a scenario at all likely, especially given the venue, victims chosen or the mode of attack. Kids at a Saturday dance class are not obvious political targets in the same way soldiers, LE or, say, corrections officers were during the Troubles or religious leaders / groups have been since time evermore.

There will no doubt be various motives and motivating factors explored as investigation proceeds and then as trial nears. But -- and I apologize for being blunt -- I don't care about that. I will never care about that. Because it won't be enough to explain this horror and it won't be enough to make it make sense. Just as has been the case with any similar case I remember. The "why"just lingers.

And especially not now. Investigators must do their jobs and the rest is down to the two hospitals and their staff -- including several colleagues -- and the families and friends and communities affected.

Anyway, all IMO MOO etc. This one has hit me hard. Stepping away with much virtual love to all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back