Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 3m3 minutes ago

ALERT: J. Martinez prosecuted ex-husband of holdout juror 17. They married day before his 2000 sentencing. #jodiarias

It's official.

This may have been posted, but just in case:

Below is a copy of the "News Release" by the Alexander Family:

Travis Alexander family 'saddened' over no verdict in Jodi Arias sentencing re-trial

"[The family is] saddened by the jury's inability to reach a decision on the death penalty. However, they understand the difficulty of the decision, and have nothing but respect for the jury's time," the statement read.

B_WdQfyUYAERtmi.jpg:large

Link:http://www.10news.com/news/travis-a...-no-verdict-in-jodi-arias-sentencing-re-trial

You forgot the worst part, they were collectively labeled as the pedo huggers who tried to get Jodi killed. :facepalm:

Funny coincidence - that's the term Marc McGee was so fond of in his FB postings

She was asked about her ex being in prison, and IIRC also about her current husband's record, but I don't think it came out that JM prosecuted the ex.

Oh OK .. could be an interesting day then?

I was just about to post the same. There's also this:

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 58m 58 minutes ago
Developing: MCSO looking into websites releasing personal information of #JodiArias jurors.

and

@xxxxxx
@troyhaydenfox10 Are u looking into Maria's daughter being friends with #Juror17 husband on FB? #jodiarias

@troyhaydenfox10
@tammyharper02 looking into many things

Keep diggin' Troy. I'll furnish new shovels and a lot of cold beer if it will help.

ALERT: J. Martinez prosecuted ex-husband of holdout juror 17. They married day before his 2000 sentencing. #jodiarias

It's official.

There it is. What a mess.

Where there's smoke there's usually fire!

It's official.

The court documents were posted early this morning- he's a bit late.

It wasn't me I don't think unless I was talking about GJs and indictments and how GJs hand down the right indictments day in and day out across the country. But that wasn't said on this thread by me.

I had already mentioned prior to the hung jury I was very worried about a stealth juror being on this particular case.

In fact I posted two or three times about it.... I hoped and prayed no one on that jury (who may have been abused) would just simply believe JA just because she claimed it without any evidence to support any of it. I was worried there could be biases for JA going in to deliberations.

Unfortunately, some women who have been abused do have that close minded view. They will think because they were abused and just because another female 'claims' abuse they believe it without question.:( It truly makes me sick when that happens.

It seems my worries and the worries of other posters came true since it was discussed not only by me but other DV survivors here at WS.:(

To me there was also a stealth juror in the Guy Heinz Jr. mass murder case so I am very aware that sometimes they are able to stealthily get on them.

I suspect, as some of you here do, the reason #17 voted as she did had nothing to do with DV.

From Troy Hayden:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 11m11 minutes ago

ALERT: J. Martinez prosecuted ex-husband of holdout juror 17.
They married day before his 2000 sentencing. #jodiarias

:gaah: OMG ... this gets worse and worse as the day goes by !

So Juror 17 married this guy the DAY BEFORE his sentencing ?

:gaah: Seriously, ya can't make this stuff up !

Just when you think this whole mess is over......

as (1) she now has a different last name and (2) I doubt the prosecutor remembers what the wife of a particular defendant looks like, if he ever even knew. That's why the Juror has to answer the questions. It's the juror's bias that matters. The burden is solely on the juror to disclose all the relevant info requested and not on the lawyers do investigate the jurors on their own. AZ law does contain a provision to investigate answers:
The jury commissioner or jury manager may investigate the accuracy of the answers to the questionnaire and may call on law enforcement agencies for assistance in an investigation

I'd like to see the juror questionnaire, which is sealed, from this time around. Monica Lindstrom talked about the first one and it seems it was very intensive and extensive. Potential jurors had to answer by explaining themselves, so it was not just a checklist. Also, if Juan was the prosecutor in the case of this jurors husband, wouldn't he have known that at the time of jury selection?JMO

From Troy Hayden:
Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 11m11 minutes ago

ALERT: J. Martinez prosecuted ex-husband of holdout juror 17.
They married day before his 2000 sentencing. #jodiarias

:gaah: OMG ... this gets worse and worse as the day goes by !

So Juror 17 married this guy the DAY BEFORE his sentencing ?

:gaah: Seriously, ya can't make this stuff up !

Anyone want to believe the DEFENSE Team didn't know this, at least some point during the trial????

There's no recourse for it now, though.

It could be argued (perhaps disingenuously) that it was up to the state to properly vett and question the potential jurors. Questions like, "have you or anyone you know or known been arrested, prosecuted or convicted in Maricopa County? Or the State of Arizona?" That might put a red flag on those potential jurors who had prior dealings with the DA's office.

There just have to be methods to pre-tag potential problem jurors in some way at the point of voir dire and vetting.

I'm also waiting for Troy Hayden to confirm or otherwise, that Juror #17 posted on the 'Jodi is Innocent forum' on 11th March 2013, on a thread titled 'Has the Government proved Murder One........

I was just about to post the same. There's also this:

Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 58m 58 minutes ago
Developing: MCSO looking into websites releasing personal information of #JodiArias jurors.

and

@xxxxxx
@troyhaydenfox10 Are u looking into Maria's daughter being friends with #Juror17 husband on FB? #jodiarias

@troyhaydenfox10
@tammyharper02 looking into many things

wow i hadn't heard the mldr's daughter being friends with 17s husband.

this all stinks to me

For those that want to "move on", I totally understand. So, please understand that for many, "moving on" isn't a choice we choose. JA hasn't been sentenced yet. Personally, speaking only for myself, I'm fully capable of enjoying my life, spending time with my family, going outdoors or not, keeping up with local and national news, etc., etc. I choose to pay attention to what is happening in this case. When and if I "move on" is entirely up to me.

OK it does seem to be true that Juror 17's ex was prosecuted by Juan as she was asked about it in voir dire .. um hello .. ?? No idea why they let her through knowing that. However, BK says that the connection to a friend of Jodi's is incorrect and relates to a different juror who was excused.

She reveals the ex was prosecuted but did she reveal he was prosecuted by Juan? It doesn't appear so.

Well then I don't know why posts regarding this kept getting deleted by mods if it was made official early this morning..

The court documents were posted early this morning- he's a bit late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem