Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG if it is a true list... I just saw a list of all the jurors names, except for 17 they put "the one who saved her life)

Yup, that's the one I saw. How in the world would they get their names?

Yep, and I have no sympathy for her. She was wrong,IMO by refusing to even talk to the others. There needs to be something changed in the jury system if something like what this juror pulled is allowed.

Seems to me, the judge could have resolved this when she was passed a note from the other 11 jurors detailing the problem. I'd venture to say, judges need to resolve such issues immediately and within the spirit of the law. It is a juror's sworn duty to deliberate, refusal needs to be met with immediate removal.

I second that. I'm 61 and look better age wise because my smile reaches all the way to my Heart.

Jodi has always been a chameleon. It's gotten harder for her to hide behind a façade. Look back through the myriad of photos/video of her since before the first trial. There are photos/video where Jodi was quite attractive, while at other times, she looks awful. The superficial layers of the human chameleon have been peeled back like onion skin. Jodi can no longer hide the real Jodi. I'm 65, and I look younger than Ms. Arias :)

G

Wow I didn't even remember I picked today. Do I win a private meeting with our special snowflake?

Ugh, no. I'll buy you a nice cold Slime Highway at the Judge's Silent Sidebar tonight.

At $300/hour he made over $600,000 a year just for this case. As a state employee, it's doubtful that Juan makes anywhere near that. It's digusting.

I wish the LDS church would pay any attorney fees for Bishop Parker suing Nurmi for defamation of character. I don't remember if tweets during his closing said Nurmi accused Parker of lying for Travis at trial or for covering for him, but both were lies which damaged his reputation imo.

JMO
This juror reminds me of a person that did not really believe in the DP and felt she would stop at least 1 person from getting a death sentence. She cant change the system but she could at least prevent 1 person from getting on death row.

A true stealth juror. And it happened last time too. Are there just this many stealth jurors out there in the world?

If so, lets abolish the DP because this is a load of carp.

This posted on Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support FB page
Interesting to say the least. Why back in October 2014, did Judge Stephens want to speak in chambers to Holdout Juror 17? ??? This according to Beth Karas October 2014 post.
Beth Karas

Jury is sent home until Monday morning. The judge asks juror #17 to stay behind. Nurmi waives Arias's presence for whatever they are doing in chambers. Attorneys meet with judge in chambers now. Arias follows them in--I guess her presence is not waived.
I think that there should be an investigation on the "private" meeting Judge Stephens had with juror #17. This stinks to high heaven.

Mods>>> Any chance of having a thread to discuss what if anything the Alexander family should say at the sentencing? I hope they talk about Travis, how great he was, how many lives he touched, and how he'll be missed. And I hope they don't bother wasting one syllable on the convicted murderer. She has no human feelings so it's not like anything they say to her will make a difference anyway. jmt

I believe that their beloved brother would hope that they move on with their respective lives, and enjoy them JMO I would hope that for my friends and family.

Would it be ok if they "move on" after the killer is sentenced? It is NOT their fault that this has gone on for so long. Hard to "move on" until whatever justice they can get for Travis is finished.

I believe that their beloved brother would hope that they move on with their respective lives, and enjoy them JMO I would hope that for my friends and family.

I'm sure that's true, but this all just happened hours ago. It's going to take a little more time.

It is crazy they paid him $300 per hour, but he didn't make that much unless he has no overhead.

What overhead? The state was also billed for any expenses and experts, etc.

Yup, that's the one I saw. How in the world would they get their names?

They are supposed to be confidential unless they want them released. If someone sleuthed them I hope they get in a lot of trouble for it. I don't mean here.. I mean in general.

I just saw where a segment producer for Gma is in touch with the lone Juror's husband.

I am starting to remove people who are tweeting out her name, and address and phone number from twitter! OUTRAGEOUS!

These actions, just like this, is why we didn't get to see the penalty phase ... just like this. :gaah:

WOW I can't believe she has been hunted down. I begin to wonder if she did this on purpose to get her 15 minutes of fame.

P

I agree. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder,but I don't find her attractive at all. She will age quickly in prison. It looks as if she's already got a few gray hairs. IIRC prisoners are not allowed hair dye. After the 1st verdict I remember seeing a side by side by of Wendy Audriano. It was shocking how she looked compared from when she first went to prison.

A hundred years ago right before the guilt phase started I kept reading headlines about the Jodi Arias trial. I always saw this pretty girl with a wisp of a smile accompanying the article, and I just assumed she was the victim. I never read anything about it. One day I heard on Fox the trial was underway and JM had just rested, and when they showed her picture they started talking about it being her mug shot.

I was gobsmacked to learn she was the defendant and what she stood accused of. That's when I started watching the trial. Nurmi was up and I sat glued to my telly trying to catch up on what had happened. I had no opinion, and I didn't much like JM at first either, until I began to see what the DT really were. She got uglier in my mind every day since.

First off.. I think that Jodi should have LWOP to keep her out of society and assure us that she is gone. I am sorry, after listening to the jurors, that the hold-out refused to participate and explain herself. That was not fair to the other jurors, and it does seem hinky to me. And it should have been addressed by the judge when it was brought to her attention. What makes me equally sick though, is to hear the family wailing because all they want is Jodi's death. Jodi was convicted. Spending seven years wishing for someones death, and making it your mission seems pathological to me. I feel terribly for the loss of their brother, but no more or less than I do for anyone who has lost a loved one to murder...no matter HOW heinous the method was. This was the State of Arizona VS Jodi Arias. There are ALWAYS loved ones who are recognized as victims. The family needs to move on. Jodi will be out of their faces IF they choose. JMO

I agree....totally!!

Seems to me, the judge could have resolved this when she was passed a note from the other 11 jurors detailing the problem. I'd venture to say, judges need to resolve such issues immediately and within the spirit of the law. It is a juror's sworn duty to deliberate, refusal needs to be met with immediate removal.

Since they had already begun deliberating, i think all that she could have done at that point is declare a mistrial anyway because I dont think she could put an alternate in once they started deliberations.

I maybe mistaken though. Its a good question if an alternate could have been put in and make them start deliberating all over maybe?

I've been thinking about this....

Remember the male juror in interview said, he didn't know what the trial was about until he walked in and saw CMJA and he said "Oh Crap". He knew "of" CMJA but didn't follow it like we did.

I think that the lone juror probably followed the first trial closely. She knew all about the "secret" and she knew about "laws of attraction" and then she gets called for jury duty.... found out what this trial was about, or thought she knew, she molded her answers so she could get on this jury.

I do think that she intentionally lied in the questioning phase in jury selection. She knew exactly how she would vote all along and had no intentions to actually deliberating. Judge Stephens should have disqualified her and replaced her. I hope I don't see where she makes a single dime off of interviews or I'll implode. JMO.

I am so glad I found this site when I started watching this trial...Any question I had about this case, I found the answers here, thanks to all the very intelligent sleuthers on this board...Thank you for that....I feel so bad that the Alexander family did not get the outcome they wanted.. I take comfort in knowing and I pray the family does as well.....that this jury saw the real truth here and that only by a simple lottery draw there was no dp verdict..... I am still praying for that family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper