Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jodi supporters posted the names and contact info of all 12 jurors on their website, and are calling the 11 who voted for the DP pedo huggers. :facepalm:

The jodi supporters posted the names and contact info of all 12 jurors on their website, and are calling the 11 who voted for the DP pedo huggers. :facepalm:

I hope an investigation is launched into who released this to the crazies over there.

Not naming names or posting links/photos.

Her husbands cousin is Facebook friends with someone whose last name is Arias and he lives in California. I don't know enough to know if he's related or not- peeps on Twitter are saying he is.

O/T - was very surprised to see the jurors husbands cousin and I have a mutual friend. [emoji15] Not anyone in the Arias family though.

6 degrees of separation....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow- more than six degrees of separation here though. Arias and the husband's cousin?? I have NO idea who my cousins friend on Facebook, if they do.... nor does it have anything to do with my opinions.

This is an answer to a post that was in the last thread. Please feel free to skip it.
However, I think that tartlemon was somehow drawing a parallel between this case and the O.J. Simpson case. Before looking at that, I thought there were some errors in her post that should be corrected.

posted by tartlemon: Nicole's children were and are receiving what OJ can pay. The rest of her Family were not parties to the Civil action. Every cent the Goldmans take comes out of Nicole's children's pocket as well.

Where are your sources for this? Do you have inside information about money given by O.J. Simpson to his children?

1. First, to clarify in the people involved in the Civil suit against O.J. Simpson
The Plaintiffs: Nicole Brown Simpson's father is represented by John Kelley; Sharon Rufo, Ron Goldman's mother will be represented by attorney Michael Brewer, and Daniel Petrocelli will represent Ron Goldman's father, Fred Goldman.
The Defense: Civil attorney Robert Baker will lead the team representing O.J. Simpson.
]
http://www.cnn.com/US/9609/16/simpson.case/

2. O.J. Simpson was found not guilty of murder, but was found to be liable for Nicole Brown's death in a civil suit. As a result of that finding, an amount was set by the court which Simpson was supposed to pay.

The Goldman and Brown families then sued him in civil court, and that jury unanimously found Simpson liable for the murders. He was ordered to pay a total of $33.5 million, made up of $8.5 million in compensatory damages to the Goldmans and $25 million in punitive damages to be split between the Goldmans and Nicole's children.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101748242
Simpson claimed poverty in order to avoid paying anything in damages. Kim Goldman believes that he hid his assets and continued to hide income other than his pension.
Attorneys for the victims' families argued the ex-athlete had already made about $2.8 million since his acquittal selling rights to a book, video, autographs and other memorabilia...Kim Goldman believed there was money somewhere. "The killer worked really hard to hide all of his assets, and so we were always coming up against some kind of a wall," she said. Her family's share of the award, with interest, is now close to $40 million. "We've collected less than one percent of that."
Courts had decided that the Goldmans could not collect the debt from any of the $25,000 per month pension he receives from the NFL, which should have meant the Simpson had more than enough money to support his four children. Therefore, the little money that was collected came from the sale of Simpson's book.
...the Goldmans discovered in 2006 that O.J. Simpson had received a sizeable advance for a book called, "If I Did It." At first, they tried to have the book quashed, but when the rights to it were to be auctioned off in bankruptcy court, Kim Goldman said they purchased those rights to avoid Simpson somehow secretly profiting. She said the court ordered her family to publish the book.

Following Simpson's arrest, Justin and Sydney spent 30 months with Lou and Juditha Brown. After his acquittal, but before the civil judgement, a judge awarded custody of the children to Simpson.
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20139291,00.html
Since he was responsible for their upbringing, and that of his other two children, O.J. Simpson should have been making sure that his debts to the court were paid in order for his children to benefit. Since the punitive damages of the award were to be evenly split between the Goldman and Brown plaintiffs, the Goldmans were not taking any money from Justin and Sydney. The money was being taken from O.J. and set aside for Justin and Sydney.

When their mother, Nicole Brown, O.J. Simpson's ex-wife, was murdered, Justin was 5 and Sydney was 8. According to their aunt, Tanya Brown, both Justin and Sydney, having finished college, and are now professionals in the restaurant business. At the time of their grandfather, Lou Brown's, funeral in July of 2014, Justin Simpson was 25 and Sydney was 28. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2694745/United-grief-Nicole-Brown-Simpsons-children IMO, they will still be entitled to an equal share of any money received in payments to the court.

4. There was a reason that the Goldmans pursued O.J.'s assets. (And here is where there may be a parallel.)
"The only punishment that could be meted out was financial," said Daniel Petrocelli, who represented the family in the civil trial.] As Kim Goldman stated ["The criminal system failed us, so we went after him civilly...it's punishment, it's retribution, it's what our system afforded to our family."
Kim
believes it was Simpson's own efforts to hide assets that ultimately led to his incarceration. "Irony is amazing," she said.

5. OJ Simpson remains behind bars at the Lovelock Correctional Center in Nevada while he serves at least three more years of a 9 - 33 year sentence on robbery and kidnapping charges. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/04/oj-simpson-prison-box_n_6800628.html

juror 4 said they were concerned about possiblty of her getting off by age 50...jury is never supposed to consider that....he made a big mistake saying that if they talked about that.

Iirc there's nothing wrong with that.

She'll probably get credit for the 7 years she already spent in jail. So we may be looking at 18 years and with good behavior it's anyone's guess!!!
No credit for time served. 25 years period, and then it's only the possibility - no one is letting her out, either way, but I don't see a chance for anything but LWOP.

Not sure, others of said it was her ex husband or boyfriend served prison time.
Per her voir dire, both her ex-husband and husband have records. Her ex may still be there, but not sure if I'm remembering that correctly.

BK video up. She got an early text from media friend saying get there early
Saying after Jodi gets to Perryville in April she can begin earning extra privileges after 30 days

Watching Dr Drew and why are they acting as if they know the 11 jurors basically attacked the hold out.

My guess is she deactivated her page (or changed her privacy settings) once her identity got out there. It was pretty early when the first tweet came out indicating her FB likes.

Seems like someone would have posted screenshots on twitter and I don't see them.

WTF, surely all this information coming out about this juror can't be true.

IF this crap is true--there absolutely has to be a legal remedy/ramification for this. If this was a pro-prosecution juror all hell would have broke loose with this information. FFS where is the justice here.

I am trying to focus on the positives in all of this but the more I know the more I want to scream!!!! Just listen to the other jurors and know they are virtually traumatized by what happened. Seriously if all of this about #17 turns out to be true I'm about to lose my CHIT.

May I suggest that if this association is established as fact, then justifiable outrage needs to be directed to those in authority in the AZ justice system. IMHO.

juror 4 said they were concerned about possiblty of her getting off by age 50...jury is never supposed to consider that....he made a big mistake saying that if they talked about that.

I didn't hear him say they considered that while deliberating. I only heard Nancy ask him how he felt about her possibly getting out at age 50 and he said that it it would concern him and makes him sad.

He could have found out about that after the verdict.

With an eleven to one vote for death, no way is Judge S going to go for the possibility of Arias ever getting out of prison.

I just watched the clip. I just can't think of a superlative that fits! Awesome, maybe. I loved all of his statement, but the best part to me was when he commented on there being a lot of publicity - when he was presenting to the jury, he really didn't know they (the press) were there. I totally believe him - he is an exceptional prosecutor and human being.

Yea I loved that. Paraphrasing:

Reporter: 'Hey, the press was all over this case, did you learn anything from that?'

Juan: 'Umm...I know you think that was important, but I don't.'

And he made his point crystal clear without being impolite. A class act for sure.

Watching Dr Drew and why are they acting as if they know the 11 jurors basically attacked the hold out.

Yep, seems like a virus in this country--one person claims something and it is true

It's not. I saw it but I didn't think we were allowed to post or talk about it on here so I didn't say anything. I saw her page too and everything that's being said as far as her "likes" is also true. Her page is gone now.

So is her husbands

Wow- more than six degrees of separation here though. Arias and the husband's cousin?? I have NO idea who my cousins friend on Facebook, if they do.... nor does it have anything to do with my opinions.

Arias is a common name in Ca. rumors are going crazy.

Why? If you spouse commits a crime then you should lose your rights too?
That does not make sense to me.

Committing a crime and being incarcerated are two different things. The perception is there if she marries a convicted felon and may be supportive and feel sorry for inmates.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member