Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JSS had the chance to do the right thing. She blew it. She must know whats going on by now. It will be interesting to see how this plays out on April 13th. I wonder how much Jodi knows? Is someone getting the word out to her?

she'll probably decide to deal with it in secret like everything else...

Does "DR." Drew pay for interviews? If so, I expect to see them there.....

I can't see juror #17 and her husband giving any interviews anytime soon. What they say can AND WILL be held against them.

I sincerely hope I'm reading this wrong, but many of these posts and blogs feel like passive-aggressive, veiled threats directed at or about juror 17. I'm thinking you are nice people with good intentions who may need to take a deep breath and understand that no matter your own life experiences, you can NEVER put yourself in juror 17's place.

Tell that to the authorities currently investigating this 'victim'.

I pray that no one pays Juror 17 and/or her husband for an interview. I think they are hoping that's what is going to happen. It may have even been a plan once she was on the jury and saw where everyone else was headed. Who knows, but this whole thing is appalling and I also find it appalling that there are some who think she did nothing wrong but vote her conscious and that she is being "attacked".

I bet someone will pay her. A fool and his money, you know.

Likely low-budget talk show if the networks are too smart to take the bait.

I hadn't read your blog yet ! I just did and your thoughts were so articulate and hopefully will be shared with and bring comfort to TA's family. You are in a very unique, albeit unfortunate position to know just how torturous and unrelenting the death row process is for families to endure. I agree with you wholeheartedly that while this non-verdict feels like a blow, it may be easier in the long run in regards to Travis' family being able to move forward and heal. I wish you all the best, Katie!
The Alexander family might feel a little better if there are consequences to ones actions. If wrong doing is found then the bill for this trial should be paid by juror #17

Along with investigating Juror 17 to see how she got on the panel, I do hope the prosecutor's office will also take a look at how this went down in voir dire from their side. Before you all shoot me (dons Kevlar vest), I've said this before, but jury selection is the most important point in a trial. Cases are won and lost right there. Even though that doesn't seem fair, that's just how it is.

Look at high profile cases in which jury consultants were employed. A lot of $$$$, even more than expert witnesses, are spent right at that point. Why? Because every attorney knows with certainty that the makeup of the jury will affect and sometimes outright determine the end result. OJ Simpson case? Lost at the point the trial was moved 'downtown LA' and at the point the last juror was selected. Then the judge helped too, with his ridiculous rulings.

Casey Anthony case? Lost at the point of jury selection. Remember how Blowhard Perry insisted a juror be included, a juror who outright said "I don't believe it's right for me to judge anyone?" I mean, c'mon!

There were potential red flags with this juror just with her background and the things she did disclose. Yet both sides said 'ok' with putting her on the jury. Maybe the state didn't have a choice if they used up all their challenges, but still. She was not excused for cause and now there appears to perhaps have been cause.

I agree that it looks like the PT may have dropped the ball due to the DV background, but had she made full disclosure about both husbands' criminal histories she would have been tossed immediately. Combined they've been charged with 1st degree murder, drive-by shooting, agravated assault, misconduct involving weapons, criminal damage, armed robbery, criminal trespassing, aggravated assault causing serious injury, dangerous/deadly assault by a prisoner...

This woman is numb to criminal activity.

For me the evidence that J17 engaged in misconduct is that which has been provided by the remaining jurors who sat in the deliberation room for a week--I believe them without question. In fact, it was their revelations during the Presser that gave the public and press cause for concern which has resulted in investigating to seek the truth. I have the deepest respect and the utmost gratitude for their willingness to speak out after the verdict--they are an example of having the courage of your convictions in the face of true adversity.

So, I see 3 potential issues with J17; 1) Lying to get on a jury with an "agenda", i.e., Rogue Juror, 2) Lying about having any connection with major players on the case in questionnaire or Voir Dire, for some unknown reason, 3) Failure to follow the law during deliberations, i.e., considering or bringing into deliberations information not presented during trial (Lifetime stuff and from the news) and refusing to deliberate collectively with fellow jurors.

So my question is, what is the legal definition/distinction for each of these, i.e., perjury, juror misconduct, etc. TIA

BTW, as far as the release of the jurors identifying information--may there be a swift and severe punishment for whoever did this.

Honestly, I'm mind blown to discover that JSS was so careless in addressing the other 11 jurors' concerns. SMDH.

This is kinda funny/strange. I was watching 'Medium' on netflicks last night & a juror was paid $200,000 to acquit a defendant! Weird I saw that that episode after yesterdays hub bub..LOL

I agree that it looks like the PT may have dropped the ball due to the DV background, but had she made full disclosure about both husbands' criminal histories she would have been tossed immediately. Combined they've been charged with 1st degree murder, drive-by shooting, agravated assault, misconduct involving weapons, criminal damage, armed robbery, criminal trespassing, aggravated assault causing serious injury, dangerous/deadly assault by a prisoner...

This woman is numb to criminal activity.

If you lie down with the dogs.........you're gonna get fleas.

After reading this I think TA and JA had a very dysfunctional relationship that was emotionally abusive. Most people would have walked away from
the damage and havoc Jodi created in Travis's life but as many have stated he was addicted to her. He was addicted and she was obsessed. When a man does not want a woman as a girlfriend anymore they usually leave but she stayed and became a piece of ***. However, she could not handle that type of
relationship but would do anything to be close to him. It was a sad road they took and we know the ending. If only one of them had walked away.

I am no where near the end of the thread so I do not know if this has been addressed yet. However, I felt the need to respond now anyway.

The problem with this is that JA would NOT leave Travis alone. He was having a "long distance relationship" with her that was broken up. SHE moves to AZ to be close to him after that. HE was ticked that she did that. He was excited when she finally decided to move away again. That would mean no more of her stalking him, no more of her showing up uninvited, no more of having to deal with her on a daily basis, etc. IMO He did everything right when it came to getting her out of his life. He said some mean things to her yes, but how many women would hear/read those things and still stick around??? He tried to get rid of her (from his life) for good and SHE was not budging. She tormented him before she finally killed him. That is on HER. Not him.

MOO

Needs to run for Saturday errands, but just a random thought....

Nothing from Keifer????? Interesting to say the least!

I read his article in the paper yesterday which was unusually fair. I can only draw one conclusion: he's been reprimanded and/or is afraid some of his background underdealings will come out, which are MANY in my opinion.

Ok I almost choked on my coffee there on that one. LMAO thanks for the levity. And I will tell him that...he will love it (because he is also vain LOL). Thanks for making my morning! And yes he is beautiful inside and out.

Yes, his inner beauty is obvious also. OK, I'm going too far...

Good point. I've never seen all the jurors speak out like this either. Although if I have my math right, a couple werent part of the q&a right???

Also, it's probably pretty rare that when a jury hangs it's 11-1 either.

as i understand it the court even waited for the alternates to get there for the "verdict" and they were there and indicated no question they would have voted dp...this is a very unusual situation.

I find it amazing that #17's Convict 2nd husband does an interview and stated that she felt like she was being bullied to change her vote. The jury wanted her off and an alternate to replace her since she flat out refused to deliberate from the very start of deliberations. I hope the Alexander's go after her and JSS with civil suits! They wanted/requested an alternate because she would NOT deliberate and this "judge" denied it. Civil suits won't bring Travis back but it sure as hell will stop the likes of this juror, MDLR, JA's family and the disgusting defense attorneys from making a dime off Travis' murder when all this is proven. 11 vote for the DP and the holdout is alleged to have an agenda who had connections to the mitigator as well!!!! Those other jurors should file civil suits too! They invested so much time of their lives into this case! Talk about spitting on the face of Lady Justice. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Forgotten Murders